2010 Armed Forces Salute

Status
Not open for further replies.
This statement is obviously incorrect. For example, it refers to a "one-time purchase" and there is no such restriction; it is just that there in a limitation of six tickdets during the year. And this year there is no such thing as a "companion" ticket; in 2009 there was a specific ticket for the service member and a separate companion tickets. So with two errors, why would they not have three.

so this info that I also found here on Intercot.com is also wrong?? the reason Im asking is because I dont want to get down there and find out that my tickets I purchase now had to be activated the day before I arrive.....I know this has been extended til Aug 31st

Armed Forces Salute Program

1/3- 7/31/2010 Special Offer: Active and Retired U.S. Military, also includes members of the U.S. Coast Guard and activated members of the National Guard or Reservists. You may purchase a 4 Day Base ticket for $99. If you would like to add the Park hopper or Water Park Fun & More option each one is $25 plus tax per person. Military personnel can purchase one for themselves and up to 5 family members or friends. If active US military members are unable to come to Walt Disney World their spouses may purchase the tickets for up to 5 family members or friends. They will need to provide valid military id to purchase the tickets.

These tickets must be activated by 9/26/2010. Block out dates 3/27- 4/9/2010 All locations. 7/3-4/2010 Magic Kingdom only. These tickets can be upgraded to an annual pass, premium annual pass, seasonal and weekday select passes.Active or Retired Military must show a valid United States Military ID card. Activated members of the National Guard or Reservists must present their orders in addition to a Military ID card.

Beginning January 3, 2010, guests can pre-purchase the tickets (in the form of an exchange voucher) at Shades of Green or at a military base, TAX-FREE! The exchange voucher is then taken to a Main Entrance theme park ticket window, where it is exchanged for the actual ticket. The military tickets can also be purchased at the Main Entrance theme park ticket windows beginning January 3, but if you do this, you must pay tax.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would trust Cheshire Figment. He's the proverbial "horse's mouth" when it comes to WDW tickets, since he works there.

:wizard:

I would trust Cheshire Figment. He's the proverbial "horse's mouth" when it comes to WDW tickets, since he works there.

:wizard:

Disney is the one who put the info on Shades of Green website. Better to have the correct info out there than have upset guests this is one of those times that there is conflicting info out there. I spoke to Shades who said the info on their site is from Disney, not them, this is a Disney discount all they did was put the info they got from Disney...which is conflicting what is being said on here and I think it needs to get straightened out with a defnite answer.[/B][/COLOR]

here is the answer I just recieved from Shades of Green themselves on FB....waiting for Disney to get back to me also:

Shades of Green Resort We have been told the the last day to activate the tickets are on the 26th of Sept.

I do not care what SoG says. I have just checked online at the official Disney information in The Hub, which is the internal passworded site. This is where I get my official information.

The closest thing to a limitation on activation is "All Tickets are valid until September 30, 2010 regardless of the first date of use." which implies to me that I can still activate them on any day up to September 30.

And as I said in Post #559, it would still make sense to activate these tickets on the 27th, 28th, or even 29th of September (provided you do not need days after the 30th).

My opinion is if the internal site tells me I can do something which is good for a Guest I will do it and that is my support for my action. If there is a public site that says I cannot do something which is good for the Guest and the internal site tells me I can, I will do it as I still have official support.

If the internal site tells me I cannot do something, and the Guest can show a letter, a link to a Disney owned and operated external site, or some other actual Disney publication I will either take the necessary action or call my coordinator or manager and allow them to make the decision and/or override if necessary.

But unless it is an official Disney source I will follow the published rules. And I don't care what SoG says, even if in writing; they are not an official Disney source.

I'm sorry that I cannot provide a link to my source as The HUb requires a password for any access. Could you please provide a link to an official Disney site that says that the tickets cannot be activated after September 26th. And SoG is not an official Disney site. And I see on the SoG site where it talks about a one-time purchase; this is not accurate, so where there is one error, why not another.

Please remember that arguing is not allowed on the DIS.

Obviously there is conflicting information from two sources. If you are worried about it, than people should activate the tickets by September 26th.

I'm sorry that I cannot provide a link to my source as The HUb requires a password for any access. Could you please provide a link to an official Disney site that says that the tickets cannot be activated after September 26th. And SoG is not an official Disney site. And I see on the SoG site where it talks about a one-time purchase; this is not accurate, so where there is one error, why not another.

when we spoke to this Disney Official she told us we are to go by what it says on SOG website since they were given the info from Disney( I dont know how much more official that can be) and since offices are closed that she will look into it first thing Monday morning and get back to us....myself and my friend who is a TA...... what are those of us who dont work for Disney supposed to do?? We are told conflicting info all the time.....we should be able to call Disney or in my case SOG and get correct info......I come on here and told one thing, I call Disney Im told something else, I call SOG and Im told this is a Disney promotion they are just stating what they were told by Disney! If what you say is correct then it should be made public to those it affects....why isnt SOG informed of this so when their guest call for info they arent saying something that isnt so or why does it take a few phone calls to get correct info from Disney? maybe its something Disney changed since the extended the discount and perhaps forgot to extend the activation date?? I dont know because Im not an official Im just someone trying to figure out who I listen to.....when I first called Disney the first answer I got was I dont know I dont work for SOG so I dont know about this discount! Ive been trying to get someone who can say to me without a doubt you can activate your tickets on Sept 27th and so far I have not been told that.....as an official you may have access to other info but how am I to know what is what when I go to whom I feel is an official and aware of what is going on?? this just gets very frustrating.....

Hmmm...seeing as how Shades of Green can't activate the tickets, but
Cheshire Figment can...I know which one I'd bet on!

(Seriously -- Thanks to Cheshire Figment for all the WDW ticketing info provided over the years!!!)

Hmmm...seeing as how Shades of Green can't activate the tickets, but
Cheshire Figment can...I know which one I'd bet on!

(Seriously -- Thanks to Cheshire Figment for all the WDW ticketing info provided over the years!!!)

but can he or anyone give me something in writing to say I can activate my tickets...this is all I have been asking is that someone please give me proof of some kind I can do it.......if I wasnt on these boards I would have gone by what SOG says via Disney......so when I come on here and get different info how do I know what to believe??? Last yr I was told on here I couldnt get a refund for the MVMCP tickets I had purchased before the discount came out.....so I went and emailed Disney and got a different answer, a code to give to the window and got a refund for the difference I pd. All Im asking for is proof so when I get to the window to activate them I wont be turned away and stuck with tix I cant use.....I dont think that is asking a lot

if you go to the tab at the top of disboards and click on WDW.info and then go to military discounts and tickets it says the same thing that I was told by SOG...isnt that site part of this site? Same with Mousemisers....they say the same info....Disboards is so far the only one saying something different....

Please remember that arguing is not allowed on the DIS.

Obviously there is conflicting information from two sources. If you are worried about it, than people should activate the tickets by September 26th.

see this is my dilema we are arriving the 27th! LOL Thats why I so want some kind of proof that what I read on here is the correct info before I go and buy the tickets and then Im turned away saying sorry the 26th was the last day......

I have a feeling activation on the 27th is probably just being done strictly as a courtesy for those that misunderstood (or missed) the deadline on the 26th and that's why there's nothing in writing about it. You really only have two choices -- activate the tickets by the 26th to give yourself some piece of mind, or take your chances with the 27th. Best of luck with whatever you decide. :goodvibes

I have a feeling activation on the 27th is probably just being done strictly as a courtesy for those that misunderstood (or missed) the deadline on the 26th and that's why there's nothing in writing about it. You really only have two choices -- activate the tickets by the 26th to give yourself some piece of mind, or take your chances with the 27th. Best of luck with whatever you decide. :goodvibes

unfortuantely (but understandably) we have to activate them in person to show military ID and since we are arriving the 27th I wont be able to do that ahead of time....I just got excited when I was told on here that what I was reading was incorrect then got upset when I was told the info on here was incorrect....UGH In need of a bath of Pixie Dust......

It makes no sense that ticket activation must be by the 26th. The offer ends on the 30th, so the 26th is five days out on 4-day tickets. That is just gibberish that I would call a typo. Lots of heart-wrenching misinformation is out there. You can read through this entire thread and find people who were given wrong info from Shades of Green. I have been given wrong information. The best thing I learned about wrong Disney information is to keep asking someone else if the answer you get is negative or nonsensical when it shouldn't be.

But one thing I would bet on is Cheshire Figment. He has the official Disney info. He has not led anyone into a financial loss situation. If he says his Disney internal info has no requirement to activate the tickets by Sept. 26th, I would take that for Gospel. I would also print out that page of the thread and bring it with you when you arrive on the 27th, "just in case."

I think everything will be alright. Let us know back! :)

unfortuantely (but understandably) we have to activate them in person to show military ID and since we are arriving the 27th I wont be able to do that ahead of time....I just got excited when I was told on here that what I was reading was incorrect then got upset when I was told the info on here was incorrect....UGH In need of a bath of Pixie Dust......

Sorry -- I realized after I had posted that you weren't arriving until the 27th. What would "Plan B" involve...buying other tickets? Is it something you'd have to do before you leave, or would you buy them from SOG once you arrive? If so, would your finances allow you to buy the other tickets and save them for a future trip if the $99 tickets are still available on the 27th?

(You're probably just like me and have been unable to fall asleep every night going over every possible scenario in your head.)

Sorry -- I realized after I had posted that you weren't arriving until the 27th. What would "Plan B" involve...buying other tickets? Is it something you'd have to do before you leave, or would you buy them from SOG once you arrive? If so, would your finances allow you to buy the other tickets and save them for a future trip if the $99 tickets are still available on the 27th?

(You're probably just like me and have been unable to fall asleep every night going over every possible scenario in your head.)

if we cant get the $99 then we will just purchase tixs from SOG when we get there but of course at a much higher price...see stupid me didnt think when I booked our flight with SW...the prices had gone down so much we are only paying $179 rt/person and I was so excited and knew I had to jump on them quick before they went up, which they did 2 days later almost dble the price....so after i booked them it dawned on me the tickets couldnt be activated the day we arrived that i missed it by one day.....im kicking myself for being so excited about the airfare that i didnt think about anything else at that moment....

Just send a quick email to guest services and ask them directly. This is what i did when I had a question about activating all 6 tickets while my DH is deployed. They will answer within a few days and then you will know for sure and not have to worry anymore. I printed guest service's response just in case I needed it. Don't put yourself through the worry when you can go directly to the source.

Good luck with your dilemma.

I have 4 of the Armed Forces Salute tickets in hand that we purchased at our base ITT office and it doesn't say anything on the back about when it has to be activated. It says "Military personnel or their spouse must be present at time of purchase and activation. Valid Jan. 3 through Sept. 30 excluding the following black-out dates: March 27- April 9, 2010 (All parks) and July 3-4, 2010 (Magic Kingdom Only).
I hope this helps with your dilemma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter