2010 Armed Forces Salute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone use their military tickets TWICE? We used our four for the year but with two $99 tickets left, we were wondering if you are allowed to use them, i.e. DH, myself, DS and DD used once and now have two unused tickets left - can DH and myself use those for the next trip, next month?

We kinda did this. We are here now. My husband and the 2 boys each got two tickets. We got one as a base ticket for each of them and one with hopping and water parks and more on the other. When we went to MK and EC in the a.m. and p.m. they used the base ticket since we didn't hop. Then we used the hopper when we went to two different parks. Our dd and I just got 8 day park hoppers from Shades of Green. We were not going to the water parks this trip.

When we activated them at MK the day we bought them....the CM said that he was NOT supposed to do that, but he would. I don't understand what the big deal is. I mean if we had gone in Jan. and bought/used 3....and then got 3 again in July and used them... it is the same thing. :confused3 It does not say anywhere that 1 person can't use 2 of them. We didn't argue with the CM we just said THANK YOU. I truly think he is wrong. He also wrote the name of each of them on the cards with sharpie. That was NOT done last year with the promotion. :confused:

I am not sure if this fact pattern has been addressed on this thread.

I am headed to WDW on Sept 1 w my DW and 2DDs. I have an AP. My DW and DDs have park tickets with a few days remaining on them. We are staying for 10 days, so they will need some park tickets to make it thru this trip

My brother in law is retired arrmy. His DW (who has the proper DW Military ID for this promo) and DS may come down on Sept 6 to meet us at WDW (brother in law is not coming).

Question 1 - Can Brother in Law buy these tickets before Aug 31 and then have them activated in Sept - for use only before Sept 30?

Question 2 - Can Brother in Law buy five of these discounted tickets to be used for his DW, his DS, my DW and my 2DDs?

Question 3 - Assuming question 2 is a yes, do we need to wait for my sister in law to show up on Sept 6th (with her ID) to activate all these tickets?

From my reading of Chesire Figments sticky... I assume the answer to the above is Yes, Yes and Yes. But I'd like someone "in the know" to respond in the affirmative.

Thanks Mike (for some reason I am thinking your name was Mike).

Anyway, thanks Mr Figment.

I just went to my ITT to purchase a ticket for my Nov trip and the lady told me to wait to purchase because they may extend the promotion. I sure hope so, just hope it will not be problem if they do because we already bought 2 this year.

I also heard a rumor that they may extend the promotion. I was talking to an employee at the National Naval Medical Center MWR, and they were told by Disney to hold off on purchasing regular park tickets for the MWR, because there is a possibility that the promotion will be extended.

Take this all with a grain of salt, I've found MWR employees to have about the same reliability as bus drivers...

I also heard a rumor that they may extend the promotion. I was talking to an employee at the National Naval Medical Center MWR, and they were told by Disney to hold off on purchasing regular park tickets for the MWR, because there is a possibility that the promotion will be extended.

Take this all with a grain of salt, I've found MWR employees to have about the same reliability as bus drivers...
:lmao::lmao:I sure wouldn't mind if they extended it, though. I might be able to squeeze in a Food & Wine weekend if that's the case.:banana:

Speaking as someone that used 4 out of 5 of this "year"s tickets cause they were only good till the end of Sept... I wish that they would just have a new promotion that started Sept 1 till Dec 2011... but that is cause we have 12 to 15 people going down for F&W in Oct and there will be 2 to 4 of us that have ID cards from different Service members. So we could get tickets for the whole trip for everyone at a very affordable cost... more food and Wine, or just wine.....

I just went to my ITT to purchase a ticket for my Nov trip and the lady told me to wait to purchase because they may extend the promotion. I sure hope so, just hope it will not be problem if they do because we already bought 2 this year.

Oh, how I pray they extend it! I'm booked in Dec with the free dining plan and it's a pretty good deal but not nearly as good as the 40% off room and military salute ticket. We're going regardless but I'd be thrilled to see this extended.

The only thing that would bum me out is that we'd have to switch from our Family Suite at ASMu to two rooms at a value but for the $$$ saved, I'd still do it. Plus, think of how many other soldiers that would benefit from this. That would be awesome!

Do these tickets have to be purchased at one time?

We got two for my parents in July.

Now my godparents are coming down in September. Can we buy two for them?
:confused3

The program was originally supposed to be for purchases through July 31 and all tickets expiring on September 30th. In May Disney announced that sales could continue through August 31, but that the expiration date of all tickets would still be September 30. At the current time there is nothing on the Internal Disney Site that indicates any changes to either of these cutoff dates.

Any service member is permitted to activate up to six tickets under this program. The only exception is if the service member has more than five dependents, and then all must be present with DD1173 for all ten and older to get more than six tickets.

The tickets do not have to all be purchases or activated at one time.

The program was originally supposed to be for purchases through July 31 and all tickets expiring on September 30th. In May Disney announced that sales could continue through August 31, but that the expiration date of all tickets would still be September 30. At the current time there is nothing on the Internal Disney Site that indicates any changes to either of these cutoff dates.

Any service member is permitted to activate up to six tickets under this program. The only exception is if the service member has more than five dependents, and then all must be present with DD1173 for all ten and older to get more than six tickets.

I have been so happy to hear you mentioned on the podcasts recently. Your sticky on the tickets has been of invaluable help to me and my family! We all appreciate it!

But they have to be activated by Sept 26th......

But they have to be activated by Sept 26th......
Not quite. If activated on the 27th you would still have four days of use available (27, 28, 29, 30). In theory they could be activated later, but on the 28th there would only be three days available and on the 29th two days; this is still less expensive that a three or two day pass.

Not quite. If activated on the 27th you would still have four days of use available (27, 28, 29, 30). In theory they could be activated later, but on the 28th there would only be three days available and on the 29th two days; this is still less expensive that a three or two day pass.

this is what is posted on Shades of Green website:

During this offer period, active or retired U.S. military personnel may make a one-time purchase of up to a maximum of five 4-Day companion tickets (one theme park per day) for $99 per ticket, for family members (including spouse) or friends. Although this ticket for family members and friends does not include either the Park Hopper or Water Park Fun & More options, this ticket can be upgraded to add either such option, or both, for an additional $25, per option. All tickets and options are non-transferable and must be activated by September 26, 2010. Block out dates 3/27- 4/9/2010 All locations. 7/3-4/2010 Magic Kingdom only. Tickets available for purchase at Shades of Green beginning January 3, 2010. Tickets expire September 30, 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter