2009's What have you've seen on the Emerald Aisle?

I think you need to remember that the Aisles are marketed to BUSINESS travelers who often will not even take these vehicles. For example, I won't take a Minivan and if I am traveling with my co-workes a convertible won't work either!

Lots of business travelers don't like SUVs. I take them as a "last choice" One they use too much gas and two your lugagge is generally exposed to the thiefs since National is too cheap to buy the "luggage cover" for the cargo area!;)

I didn't intend to sound like I was seriously upset, but I do find it disappointing that there are no SUV's, Minivans or Convertibles on the Aisle anymore. I have rented from National for the past 6 or 7 years and have enjoyed the variety that the EA provides. Orlando is both the largest rental car market and the biggest family destination in the country, if not the world. I can't believe that the Aisle at MCO is solely "stocked" for business travelers in this market. I understand that many, if not most of the choices would be marketed for business travelers since National is a "business" brand of Alamo, but there are a lot of families who rent from them too and were pleased to see a few vans or SUV's to accommodate their needs.

The rental car business is booming right now, and it seems to me that National is retooling their model so that the only way to get a van or SUV is to specifically reserve (and pay) for one. Some of the posters on this thread seem to be families (like me) who are checking the Aisle for a possible free upgrade to a family-style vehicle. These specialty vehicles were not "expected", just a nice possible perk of the Emerald Club program. While targeted to business travelers, the EC is also used by frugal and well-versed families looking to serve their needs. I, for one, appreciated their consideration when stocking the Aisle in the past with alternate vehicles better suited for family travelers.

Sure---everyone likes to get more by paying less. But companies would rather get us to pay more. It is a game of cat and, ahem, Mouse. ;)

We picked up our rental on March 6 - rented a full-size and got a van (Toyota Sienna). I saw several mini vans as well as a few convertables

We picked up our rental on March 6 - rented a full-size and got a van (Toyota Sienna). I saw several mini vans as well as a few convertables

Wow!!! That's the first I've heard of anyone getting a van lately. You were in the Emerald Aisle, right?

Executive aisle at about 7 pm Tuesday night, B side: we got a blue charger. Perfect for me as I drive a charger at home so I'm comfortable with it. No minivans or SUVs. There were a couple Impalas and Chargers and a Lincoln. THat's it.

Which side? A or B. Which Aisle? Emerald or Executive? Thanks for posting. This is the first time I've heard anyone see anything bigger than a full size. We were there in January and will be back in early May.

We arrived on Delta last Sunday, Mar 22nd to find an SUV on the Emerald Aisle :cool1: It was a Kia Sorento :thumbsup2

Only SUV on the aisle the rest were the normal mid-size cars.

Just got back last nite:

March 12 pick up @ 2pm-ish, All impalas, a few intermediate: saturns, lots of dodges, a few kia's. But all cars.

I walked the entire line, and took the very last car: a black brand new (4 miles on it) mazda mr3. It was awesome and fast. But no remote keyless entry. This is actually a pain, when your used to it. ;)

march 28th returned at 1pm ( now 500 miles on it). Still just a mix of intermediates, no specialty cars, or larger.

EA was easy and fast as always. No issues with the price, or problems. :thumbsup2

mky:cutie:

Hi! How far back does the Emerald aisle go??? (where does it end?)
I was there last fall, (right side of aisle) and stopped short at the cement post/barrier - does emerald aisle continue after that cement post and can we choose from there? I saw larger vehicles there!! opps...!

Wow!!! That's the first I've heard of anyone getting a van lately. You were in the Emerald Aisle, right?

We were in the executive emerald aisle - does it make a difference? Not sure which side - didn't pay attention. This was our first time using National so we saw the van and grabbed it.

We were in the executive emerald aisle - does it make a difference? Not sure which side - didn't pay attention. This was our first time using National so we saw the van and grabbed it.

They ask because there are different levels of service. There is Emerald Aisle which is the basic membership--these members can only choose from the Emerald Aisle selection. Then there is Executive Aisle which is for people who rent more than 40 days a year and have been promoted to this level of service on a yearly basis and must maintain 40+ to keep this level. (They can choose from both Emerald Aisle and Executive Aisle). Lastly there is Elite service which is alot like Executive service but you earn free days faster and maybe some other perks.

LiloPink,

The Emerald Aisle starts at the beginning of the row (terminal side) all the way back to the exit gates, including past those concrete posts about 2/3 of the way down the row. The Executive Aisle is the same, just on the opposite side (Emerald on right, Executive on left). Just make sure that whatever vehicle you take has an Emerald Aisle-marked tag on the rearview mirror. I took an SUV last year from the Aisle without a tag, and the booth attendant tried to charge me for an upgrade.:rotfl:

Does the Dolphin have an Emerald Aisle? We'll be picking up our rental at the Dolphin and returning it to MCO since we're headed to the beach after WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter