2009's What have you've seen on the Emerald Aisle?

n2mm, thanks for your report. Did you notice which model of cars where on the aisle? I know you said ford but what type? Also, we are considering changing to E. reserve: did you notice what kind of convertible they have at MCO now? It had been VW beetles, and sybrings. I would change if they still had the VW, Did you notice?

thanks so much for your help, mky:cutie:

n2mm, thanks for your report. Did you notice which model of cars where on the aisle? I know you said ford but what type? Also, we are considering changing to E. reserve: did you notice what kind of convertible they have at MCO now? It had been VW beetles, and sybrings. I would change if they still had the VW, Did you notice?

thanks so much for your help, mky:cutie:

There still seems to be the old selection (impalas, G-6) and the Fords were new. We too are curious what other types of Fords they are carrying as we would love to try out the Edge and some of their other new ones. The only convertible we saw that was on the Exec Aisle was not a VW. It looked like a Chrysler. We got the Ford Taurus Limited edition which was loaded and was a great car. It had all of the bells and whistles and was a 2009 with 144 miles on it and a new car smell. We mostly look down the aisle to see if there is anything bigger than a full size vechile and there was nothing bigger than full size on either the Executive Aisle or the Emerald Aisle and that was on our pickup day and on our drop off day. I'm hoping that they will still put SUVs and minivans on the aisle, but after some recent posts and our post I'm curious now if things are going to change. We need a minivan for our May trip, so may also have to do Emerald Reserve.

We just booked National for the first time ...

May 30 through June 9 (am pickup ... pm drop off at airport)

$340.69 total for a midsize ... our confirmation does say "AISLE"

Did I get a good rate ????

Might there be coupons that can be applied to this as well ???

Thanks for any help ...

We used the EA 1/2/09 to 1/11/09.....our total for nine days was $225 out the door.....and we got a sweet midnight blue Volvo S40......parked just as nice as could be at the end of the EA. Very nice car, however, was a bit tight for 4 of us......would have been great for two. I actually don't think DH would have taken it if our two sons hadn't insisted on it (they're 27 and 19).......there were
quite a few larger mid size.... Chevy Malibu's I think.....and I know he would have preferred something a little bigger (DH is over 6' tall and very broad and the Volvo just didn't cut it for him). Still........it was a nice car for a good price.........

Picked up Side B on Saturday 1/17/09 @ 1:00 PM and only sedans on both Executive and Emerald Aisles. Intermediates on Emerald Aisles and full size only on Executive Aisle. Both aisles were very empty, about 10-15 cars on each side. (snip) ...no SUVs, no minivans, no crossovers. There was a convertible on the Executive Aisle.

On Saturday 1/24/09 -- side B @ 4:30 PM we dropped off. ...No SUVs, no minivans, no crossovers.
Good luck, but please prepare to get what you reserved if using either aisle or have a back up plan.
Our dates and experience were similar to n2mm's post above. Picked up Side B on 1/17/09 and dropped off on 1/22/09. It was sedans-only in both EA and Exec. Selection. Although, the EA was full both times--we arrived at 8am on Saturday (from a red-eye flight). Lots of Malibus, Auras, Cobalts. Some G6s, Corollas, one or two Camrys, and a few Avengers and Impalas. There were two convertible Sebrings in the EA, which I thought was unusual.

We're also Executive Selection members, so we picked up a Dodge Charger (there were 4!). The 3.5 V6 engine is buttery smooth--I've never used those words before to describe an car, but its the perfect description for the Charger. It was a sweet ride and a pleasure to drive!

I've used the normal EA in the past and had good results. I know that if you reserve midsized in EA that you can choose any car in the aisle. I've recently been upgraded to Executive level and am not sure how it works. I've seen some pretty swanky cars in the Executive aisle on previous visits. If I reserve a midsized am I free to take any car in the Exec. row or are there only certain ones? Do I have to rent a full sized or premium to use the exec aisle or is midsized still ok?

Morganw42, I've only recently been an Executive Selection member, but yes, it works very similar to EA. You can pick *any* car from the Executive Selection row--or even the EA, if you see something you prefer in the regular EA.

However, the instructions for booking an Exec. Selection reservation is slightly different. You are supposed to book a full-size car class as an Exec. Selection member. But it's okay, as you'll only be charged the mid-size rate. The two times I've done this, it's worked out exactly like that. And you can pick anything in the Exec. Selection aisle. I was actually a little disappointed in the Executive choices during our last trip to MCO, but the Dodge Charger turned out to be a pretty good ride. :cool1:

I rented from National very late Sat night, Jan 17 using the emerald aisle for the first time. I was hoping for a minivan or larger. There was about 10 cars to choose from on emerald/executive aisle. All mid-size and convertibles. Ended up with a Toyota Camry with 7300 miles. It was OK, nothing special. B side

We picked up yesterday (Feb 1) mid-afternoon on the B side. Lots of Malibus and Intrepids. We picked up a Mazda6. There was one other Mazda and a Nissan Altima. No minivans, SUVs or convertibles.

We picked up yesterday (Feb 1) mid-afternoon on the B side. Lots of Malibus and Intrepids. We picked up a Mazda6. There was one other Mazda and a Nissan Altima. No minivans, SUVs or convertibles.

This was the exact same choices for us...executive aisle. By chance is your Mazda6 white with about 850 miles on it? That's what we drove from Jan 23-31st.

By chance is your Mazda6 white with about 850 miles on it? That's what we drove from Jan 23-31st.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I believe your car was the other Mazda6 on the Aisle. There was definitely a white one there. We went for a red one (same mileage) simply because we wanted something more distinctive.

Just returned from MCO a few days ago. On both rental and return visit, the selection was about the same:

EXECUTIVE:
Malibu (lots)
Impala (lots)
Taurus (some)
Charger (few)
Camry (few)
Maxima (few)
Avalon, Lucerne, 300 (one)
Minivan, SUV, Convertible (none)

EMERALD AISLE:
G6 (lots)
Malibu (many)
Impala (some)
Sebring/Stratus (few)
Fusion, Altima (few)
Minivan, SUV, Convertible (none)

I checked both the "A" and "B" terminal garages on these days, as I had a long wait for my flight. Both sides at least were full, but it seems like the old days of free upgrades to SUV, Minivans or Convertibles are over. We used to see many of these upgrades, but since Enterprise took over, the selection has been about the same - boring sedans and modest (if any) upgrades. :confused3

I checked both the "A" and "B" terminal garages on these days, as I had a long wait for my flight. Both sides at least were full, but it seems like the old days of free upgrades to SUV, Minivans or Convertibles are over. We used to see many of these upgrades, but since Enterprise took over, the selection has been about the same - boring sedans and modest (if any) upgrades. :confused3

I think you need to remember that the Aisles are marketed to BUSINESS travelers who often will not even take these vehicles. For example, I won't take a Minivan and if I am traveling with my co-workes a convertible won't work either!

Lots of business travelers don't like SUVs. I take them as a "last choice" One they use too much gas and two your lugagge is generally exposed to the thiefs since National is too cheap to buy the "luggage cover" for the cargo area!;)

No one who has been lately has seen anything above a sedan. This is why I booked a minivan for part of our May trip. We start off with whatever we find in Executive Aisle, then trade it in at the CCC right before the family arrives a week later. We were there in January and had a great LE Taurus -- which was considered a premium car on my receipt. I'm glad this thread is still going because it does help those out there that might be considering not renting the vechicle they need and hoping for a minivan on the aisle. The latest post sounds exactly what we saw when we were there in late January. We checked the aisles (both) when we arrived and returned (only side B). Nothing more than sedans.

2/21, 1:30PM B-side. Lots of Malibus. A couple of Sebrings, and a couple of Altimas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter