***2009*** Epcot Food & Wine Festival ENDED NOV. 8

I bet THEY get the Utopias.

Yeah, dang. But I'd rather spend the $200 at Vicki and Al's. The last event for D23 members held at WDW was free. This new event didn't inspire me to join. :laughing:

I've just invented "Slurp & Sloth" on October 18 which will probably involve sitting around the Ditch of Tequila for awhile (if they let people in while they're having the tasting - or is it closed during the tasting? I guess I'll find out as I have the tasting on the 17th.

Slurp & Sloth? Has a nice ring to it. :thumbsup2

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/09/epcot_international_food_wine_1.html

This was just posted on allears! An interview and review from the preview for media with pictures of some of the new booth food! Looks GREAT!:banana:

I wonder if any of those rated a Full Monty! They didn't quite look like a Homer. Lisa at the very least, we'd hope.

Thanks for posting that link! I hadn't checked Allears yet for an update.
I am really looking forward to the festival and will be *gasp* even trying my hand at a live food review of my 15 days (divided among 3 trips) at the Festival. I'm really hoping they did something to reduce the ambiant noise around the demo areas.

But the real question is...

Are you packed yet? :duck:

Love the infamous quarter pic. :thumbsup2

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/09/epcot_international_food_wine_1.html

This was just posted on allears! An interview and review from the preview for media with pictures of some of the new booth food! Looks GREAT!:banana:
Thanks for the link. All the new items pictured look so yummy, and I was especially interested to read this part;

Also new this year at the Party of the Senses is the “Wine View Lounge.” For an additional $75pp, an exclusive area is set up within the World Showplace Pavilion where you will have a reserved table for your party. In addition, a premium bar, an artisan cheese station, and white-glove service will enhance your evening. Note, the Wine View Lounge is already sold out for five of the seven events so you might want to start thinking ahead to next year. Call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378) for more information and reservations.

http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/...9-epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival/

another great review and more photos of the preview food!

YES! it's Jason's birthday and we are skulking the web for Food and Wine info..SO!?! :rotfl:
Sounds like a good way to spend a birthday to me. :laughing:

That picture was from the first Cook, Book, Bottle in 9/06. That was the first of three courses.
LMAO as well.

For those of you waiting for THE CAVE TEQUILLA TASTING - here is a preview.

Enjoy!

TheCave2.jpg

That picture was from the first Cook, Book, Bottle in 9/06. That was the first of three courses.

This year, they're going down to nickel size. But they'll bring in a character to visit the tables so you won't notice the food.

The preview pics may look like Lisas, but maybe they taste like Montys...I agree, they don't look Homer-worthy but who knows.

Love it!

I was wondering the same thing about if they would let customers into the Cave while the tasting was going on.

How many people do you think the place holds?

35 - is what I recall on the Occupancy Sign - (hey, it is a cave).

It is inside the Mexican pavillion, first store on the right - it used to sell dresses....

This link deserves another page...I love this closing line...

We may be becoming "foodies" and we are strolling the world...

"Even if you’re not a foodie, you should think seriously about giving the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival a try. If nothing else, strolling the World Showcase promenade is a treat during this time of year. And it’s nobody’s fault but your own if you go away hungry."

Wow - they still have a lot of work to do - don't they????

Probably not. They have the booths setup all around the WS. Many didn't have signs yet but that doesn't take long. I'm hoping to get to Epcot tomorrow after work and catch the Cast Member Preview going on in action before it ends but not sure if I'll be able to get off of work to get there in time.

I was right about the specialty drink at the Wine Room.

This is what they are serving:

dsc03801.jpg

Here is the one we get locally for brunch:

0607091518a.jpg
0607091546.jpg

The difference in color is that our wine bar adds a little of the syrup from the candied hibiscus. It is good! Not worth $75 though. They will have to bring out a lot more than that to prove it would be a good upgrade for us.

I was wondering about the "new" F&W Cookbook. I see the sticker says "50 most requested recipes." I bet it won't include the new things at this year's Festival. :sad2:

dsc03832.jpg

Thanks for posting that link! I hadn't checked Allears yet for an update.
I am really looking forward to the festival and will be *gasp* even trying my hand at a live food review of my 15 days (divided among 3 trips) at the Festival. I'm really hoping they did something to reduce the ambiant noise around the demo areas.

That picture is great! It speaks a thousand words!!!

I was wondering about the "new" F&W Cookbook. I see the sticker says "50 most requested recipes." I bet it won't include the new things at this year's Festival. :sad2:

dsc03832.jpg

This picture makes me feel slightly less disappointed than last year, when the cookbook was $20 and included "20 of your favorite recipes." It was the first time we didn't buy a F&W cookbook ... what was the point? All the recipes were repeats from previous years.

If there are some decent new recipes included then I may consider picking one up this year, but .... and it's a big one, I'm not sure how I feel about the comment one of the planners made in an article that the recipes have been "retooled" for the home cook. Perhaps I'm just overly senstive but that's really condescending. We're not professionally trained but other than a random incident where someone mistakenly broiled fruit/cheese tartlets ... :rolleyes1 ... we can follow anyone's recipe with no trouble and it turns out just fine.

.... and it's a big one, I'm not sure how I feel about the comment one of the planners made in an article that the recipes have been "retooled" for the home cook. Perhaps I'm just overly senstive but that's really condescending. We're not professionally trained but other than a random incident where someone mistakenly broiled fruit/cheese tartlets ... :rolleyes1 ... we can follow anyone's recipe with no trouble and it turns out just fine.

Maybe they just mean 'scaled down' for the home cook ... from 350,000 servings to a serving for 4 :confused3 ;)

I don't know if it's just me but I think Marianne Hunnel, as managing director of this whole thing, is allowing her Chefs to get credit where credit is due. In every article I've read her name is not the focus but the Epcot crews. Nice change from years past.

This picture makes me feel slightly less disappointed than last year, when the cookbook was $20 and included "20 of your favorite recipes." It was the first time we didn't buy a F&W cookbook ... what was the point? All the recipes were repeats from previous years.

If there are some decent new recipes included then I may consider picking one up this year, but .... and it's a big one, I'm not sure how I feel about the comment one of the planners made in an article that the recipes have been "retooled" for the home cook. Perhaps I'm just overly senstive but that's really condescending. We're not professionally trained but other than a random incident where someone mistakenly broiled fruit/cheese tartlets ... :rolleyes1 ... we can follow anyone's recipe with no trouble and it turns out just fine.
I didn't buy the book last year either, and had always bought it previously before that. This year I'll buy it depending on what's included.

I'm hoping "retooled" just means downsized, unless they're just changing a step or two for some fancy equipment most people wouldn't have in their home kitchens. I hope they keep all ingrediants and stuff the same.

Maybe they just mean adjusted to work with the appliances/tools/gadgets that most home cooks have --- some professional cooks use really specific tools that most people don't have. Also, they might adjust some really hard to find ingredients ....

... here's hoping they don't mean "dumbed down" i.e., Tzatziki = Strawberry GoGurt

Maybe they just mean adjusted to work with the appliances/tools/gadgets that most home cooks have --- some professional cooks use really specific tools that most people don't have. Also, they might adjust some really hard to find ingredients ....

... here's hoping they don't mean "dumbed down" i.e., Tzatziki = Strawberry GoGurt
I hope they keep the original ingrediants, but perhaps they can list more easier to get items for substitutions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter