***2009*** Epcot Food & Wine Festival ENDED NOV. 8

Does it concern anybody that the PFTS summary doesn't mention wine other than in the "Wine View Room"?

Party for the Senses — Celebrating Epicurean Themes — NEW
Delight in a tribute to the sensory arts! Each Saturday night of the Festival, the evening comes alive in a celebration of gastronomy at its best, combined with world-class musical acts, an elegant lounge filled with fellow food enthusiasts and more.

Reserve your seat at the Eat to the Beat! Concert Series at the America Gardens Theatre and settle in for a performance by a big-name musical artist. Immediately following the performance, the World ShowPlace becomes the setting for a grand culinary event. You're invited to wander among tempting tasting stations in the midst of imaginative décor and entertainment.

Also NEW this year is the Wine View Lounge: an exclusive area within Party for the Senses where you can mingle, relax and engage in pleasant conversation. For an additional fee, enhance your experience with amenities such as private reserved tables, premium bar and an artisanal cheese station.

It doesn't mention the commemorative wine glass either.

Does it concern anybody that the PFTS summary doesn't mention wine other than in the "Wine View Room"?

Party for the Senses — Celebrating Epicurean Themes — NEW
Delight in a tribute to the sensory arts! Each Saturday night of the Festival, the evening comes alive in a celebration of gastronomy at its best, combined with world-class musical acts, an elegant lounge filled with fellow food enthusiasts and more.

Reserve your seat at the Eat to the Beat! Concert Series at the America Gardens Theatre and settle in for a performance by a big-name musical artist. Immediately following the performance, the World ShowPlace becomes the setting for a grand culinary event. You're invited to wander among tempting tasting stations in the midst of imaginative décor and entertainment.

Also NEW this year is the Wine View Lounge: an exclusive area within Party for the Senses where you can mingle, relax and engage in pleasant conversation. For an additional fee, enhance your experience with amenities such as private reserved tables, premium bar and an artisanal cheese station.

It doesn't mention the commemorative wine glass either.

It is on the main site...link is on the first page.

This popular venue takes place each Saturday during the Food and Wine Festival at the World ShowPlace located between Canada and United Kingdom Pavilions. You’ll begin this memorable evening with reserved seating at the 5:45pm performance of the Eat to the Beat Concert. $135 per person plus tax, gratuity included. (Park admission is NOT included)

From 6:30 to 9:00pm, you’ll be sampling the culinary creations of 25 renowned chefs and over 25 wineries and breweries. Each tasting station will be a new sensation for the senses....

And each winery can have as many as 3 vintages.

I am not concerned at all. I think it was left out because it's a given that there will be wine at the Party for the Senses. It's my estimation that there is going to be wine tasting as usual at the regular party, and perhaps better vintages, special beverages and larger pours for the Wine View Lounge. Actually the summary says nothing about wine in the Wine View Lounge either, it just says "premium bar" which could be anything.

The wine glasses are sort of a pain to take home so I won't be heartbroken if they don't have those.

I'm looking forward to the Wine View Lounge. Since we are only down for a long weekend, the only F&W event we are doing is PFTS, so I decided to spend the extra money. I can't wait to hear reports back after the Festival opens this weekend :)

I am not concerned at all. I think it was left out because it's a given that there will be wine at the Party for the Senses. It's my estimation that there is going to be wine tasting as usual at the regular party, and perhaps better vintages, special beverages and larger pours for the Wine View Lounge. Actually the summary says nothing about wine in the Wine View Lounge either, it just says "premium bar" which could be anything.

The wine glasses are sort of a pain to take home so I won't be heartbroken if they don't have those.

I just had a sad thought. Utopias might be considered "premium" now.

I just had a sad thought. Utopias might be considered "premium" now.

wouldn't surprise me. And think about that ... for a couple you'd pay another $150 to add on the wine view lounge; for that much you could buy a bottle of Utopias. :rotfl2:

Yeah but if you're not a couple, it's only $75.

But then you would probably get the thimbleful of Utopias. I bet they won't pour unlimited amounts even in the wine view lounge.

But then you would probably get the thimbleful of Utopias. I bet they won't pour unlimited amounts even in the wine view lounge.

That's what I was thinking ... they will give everyone an eyedropper full of utopias and send them on their way because Sam Adams will only bring one bottle for the whole evening. :laughing:

wouldn't surprise me. And think about that ... for a couple you'd pay another $150 to add on the wine view lounge; for that much you could buy a bottle of Utopias. :rotfl2:

So true. But we were glad to get our thimbleful. :rotfl2:

That's what I was thinking ... they will give everyone an eyedropper full of utopias and send them on their way because Sam Adams will only bring one bottle for the whole evening. :laughing:

Yep, they sure did run out quickly.

I like the eyedropper...open up...squirt

They would need to do something to get past the people like me who keep going back and end up drinking seven thimblefuls or something.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!:banana:
I love my DIS peoples! Ask and somehow you shall receive!

23 days till I leave!:cool1:

The Dis is like G.I. Joe- there's one of us everywhere and we all have our special Disney skills.

They would need to do something to get past the people like me who keep going back and end up drinking seven thimblefuls or something.

I too like that idea:thumbsup2 It could be a new F&W fashion accessory: clip it to your lanyard and off you go:goodvibes a lil nip here a lil nip there:dance3:

My guess is they just pass the Utopias under your nose for $75

If you just want to walk into the Cava del Tequila and order a margarita and some appetizers, you do not need ADRs, nor can you make them.

If you want to attend the Festival-sponsored tequila tasting there on weekends (which costs $35) you do have to book that ahead of time. Call 407-WDW-DINE or 407-WDW-FEST.

Thanks for the info and the phone number You are all so helpful:banana:

LOL, unfortunately Disney didn't think their guests would appreciate Utopias and that is why it runs out so quickly. Same with the amount sold in the store at the festival center. They could have had much more, but Disney didn't want to take the risk.

Another example of Disney not understanding their guests!!!!

D23 SIP AND STROLL ANNOUNCED FOR F&W FESTIVAL!! I'm so going.

D23's Sip and Stroll at Epcot® on Sunday, October 18, 2009
09.22.09 - Join D23 at Epcot® at the Walt Disney World Resort during the annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, as we raise a glass to our wonderful members. Attendees will begin their day in a Hospitality Suite where they will be treated to presentations from some very special guests, including Culinary Confessions of the PTA Divas and Marketplace Cookbook editor Pam Brandon — plus a few truly magical surprises. The Suite will remain open all day for your relaxation and convenience.

Attendees will be able to stroll through the Festival for lunch before enjoying one of two sessions that are part of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival — a mouth-watering culinary demonstration or a wonderful wine tasting.
Attendees will be able to stroll through the Festival for lunch before enjoying one of two sessions that are part of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival — a mouth-watering culinary demonstration or a wonderful wine tasting — exclusive to D23 Members and their guests.

As evening falls, attendees will receive reserved seating for Jon Secada's "Eat to the Beat" concert at the America Gardens Theatre, before indulging in a private Party for the Senses — the signature dining experience of Food & Wine — just for D23 Members and their guests! And no evening would be complete without VIP viewing of IllumiNations, where attendees will be able to mingle and reminisce about the adventures of their day.

Date: Sunday, October 18, 2009
Time: 9 a.m. Check In, 10 a.m. first presentation
Tickets: Will be available Thursday, September 24 at 10 a.m.
Cost: $240 per person

NOTE: Available only to D23 Members in good standing. Park entrance is not included and required. Must be 21 years of age or older to attend the wine tasting. Registration for the D23 Member exclusive Food & Wine Festival sessions will happen during the morning presentations at the Hospitality Suite. Seating for both sessions is limited, so please note that we can not guarantee access to your first choice session. Attendees will have time to enjoy Epcot on their own for some portions of the day. A specific itinerary will be provided to attendees before the event. Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest. There are a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members will be required to give their membership number when reserving tickets. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid ID AND D23 MEMBERSHIP CARD. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card may not be admitted to the event. All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice.

D23 SIP AND STROLL ANNOUNCED FOR F&W FESTIVAL!! I'm so going.

D23's Sip and Stroll at Epcot® on Sunday, October 18, 2009
09.22.09 - Join D23 at Epcot® at the Walt Disney World Resort during the annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, as we raise a glass to our wonderful members. Attendees will begin their day in a Hospitality Suite where they will be treated to presentations from some very special guests, including Culinary Confessions of the PTA Divas and Marketplace Cookbook editor Pam Brandon — plus a few truly magical surprises. The Suite will remain open all day for your relaxation and convenience.

Attendees will be able to stroll through the Festival for lunch before enjoying one of two sessions that are part of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival — a mouth-watering culinary demonstration or a wonderful wine tasting.
Attendees will be able to stroll through the Festival for lunch before enjoying one of two sessions that are part of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival — a mouth-watering culinary demonstration or a wonderful wine tasting — exclusive to D23 Members and their guests.

As evening falls, attendees will receive reserved seating for Jon Secada's "Eat to the Beat" concert at the America Gardens Theatre, before indulging in a private Party for the Senses — the signature dining experience of Food & Wine — just for D23 Members and their guests! And no evening would be complete without VIP viewing of IllumiNations, where attendees will be able to mingle and reminisce about the adventures of their day.

Date: Sunday, October 18, 2009
Time: 9 a.m. Check In, 10 a.m. first presentation
Tickets: Will be available Thursday, September 24 at 10 a.m.
Cost: $240 per person

NOTE: Available only to D23 Members in good standing. Park entrance is not included and required. Must be 21 years of age or older to attend the wine tasting. Registration for the D23 Member exclusive Food & Wine Festival sessions will happen during the morning presentations at the Hospitality Suite. Seating for both sessions is limited, so please note that we can not guarantee access to your first choice session. Attendees will have time to enjoy Epcot on their own for some portions of the day. A specific itinerary will be provided to attendees before the event. Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest. There are a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members will be required to give their membership number when reserving tickets. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid ID AND D23 MEMBERSHIP CARD. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card may not be admitted to the event. All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice.

Oh, rats-my only concern is will this make Epcot any more crowded that day? Hopefully, not too much if at all. I'm planning to be in Epcot on that day, and I'm not a D23 member (and even if I was, I agree with the last poster-$240:scared1: No freakin way!) Oh, well-just one more reason to be thru the International Gateway and ready to start eating before 11:00. And I just noticed that they get into one of the culinary demonstrations. Good thing I'm already signed up for the one I want. I just hope that for $240, the people who go to this event don't have to pay for the culinary demonstration they go to.

I'm going to a culinary demo! I hope they don't kick the rest of us out for D23.

Oh no - that's the 17th, not the 18th. Was going to cruise kiosks as well and eat small stuff in preparation for Victoria & Albert's - now that's a $200 dinner.

I am debating the D23 event. For PFTS with the Wine View Lounge it is $210pp plus tax and a demo is $5pp discounted/$8pp not discounted so right there you are up to $215-$218pp (+ tax.) For $240pp (a bit more) you get a private lounge all day with special demos and a much less crowded PFTS (and special extras- they say.) So not too outrageous. We were going to do the PFTS on the 17th but not the WVL so I am not sure how we will go. Have to decide by Thursday morning when the D23 tickets book.

http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/091809_D23_Event_SipandStroll.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter