***2009*** Epcot Food & Wine Festival ENDED NOV. 8

Reported from a 'non' official site:
Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Specialty Programs – Food and Wine Pairings

It appears Mexico's San Angel Inn has been added to this year's selections.

Thanks!

I looked through some of the links from the site you gave. Did you see this? I wonder if these are the "free" seminars they gave in previous years or something new.

Wine Seminars (there will be a nominal fee to attend) will run daily for 45 minutes and introduce you to a featured winery with a few samples to taste plus some helpful tips about the wines. Seminars will take place Monday-Thursday at 10 and 11:45 a.m., 1:30, 3:15, and 5 p.m.; and Friday – Sunday at 12:00, 2:00, 3:45, and 5:30 p.m.

Also - seems the culinary demo will have a fee.

Culinary demonstrations (there will be a nominal fee to attend) by chefs preparing tasty dishes and offering some helpful cooking tips. More importantly, a sample of the prepared dish. Each seminar runs for 45 minutes and will take place Monday - Thursday at 10:45 a.m., 12:30, 2:15, and 4 p.m.; and Friday – Sunday at 1:00, 2:45, and 4:30 p.m.

I think you're right jeanne, those (daily times) are the ones that used to be free tastings. I hope the reporter is just adding his 2¢ in here. Time will tell. If Disney does charge for these tastings it will cut down on the size of the line that's for sure. ;)

Here's some more from the Miami Examiner:

Adventures in Signature Dining:

* Sept. 30 Jiko Suvir Saran
* Oct. 1 Portabello Tony Manuano
* Oct. 8 Wolfgang Puck Wolfgang Puck
* Oct. 15 Flying Fish Café Rick Tramonto
* Oct. 22 The Wave TBD
* Oct. 25 Victoria & Albert’s Scott Hunnel
* Oct. 29 California Grill TBD
* TBD Ragland Road Kevin Dundon
* TBD BlueZoo Todd English

More info:
Adventures in Varietals

Hosted by renowned wine educators, these seminars will examine one variety of grape and the influence of its terroir (type of soil, geographic location, water drainage, angle to sun, and altitude) on the taste of the wine that comes from that particular grape. It's truly educational and you'll be an expert by the time the seminar comes to a close. The adventures will take place only three days at the Welcome Center Retreat (theme park admission is NOT REQUIRED for these seminars) from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

* October 10 – Chardonnay
* October 24 – Pinot Noir (oh do I know someone that will be interested in this seminar. ;)
* November 7 – TBD

More info:
Adventures in Varietals

Hosted by renowned wine educators, these seminars will examine one variety of grape and the influence of its terroir (type of soil, geographic location, water drainage, angle to sun, and altitude) on the taste of the wine that comes from that particular grape. It's truly educational and you'll be an expert by the time the seminar comes to a close. The adventures will take place only three days at the Welcome Center Retreat (theme park admission is NOT REQUIRED for these seminars) from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

* October 10 – Chardonnay
* October 24 – Pinot Noir (oh do I know someone that will be interested in this seminar. ;)
* November 7 – TBD

Oh, - And we will all be there that Saturday too!!!

Did anybody notice that this year's Party for the Senses is having a $60 add-on room? What the heck is that about? The price is ridiculous as it is!

Did anybody notice that this year's Party for the Senses is having a $60 add-on room? What the heck is that about? The price is ridiculous as it is!

I guess that means this -

Prices are not final yet but plan on spending about $135 per person, including gratuity and excluding tax. Add another $60 per person to that, and you gain access to the very private and exclusive "Wine View Lounge" that offers private seating, a premium bar and cheese station. I told you it would be unforgettable.

Do you think this is Disney's way of trying to solve the "seating" problem of year's past? I guess - EVERYTHING FOR A PRICE!

Prices are not final yet but plan on spending about $135 per person, including gratuity and excluding tax. Add another $60 per person to that, and you gain access to the very private and exclusive "Wine View Lounge" that offers private seating, a premium bar and cheese station. I told you it would be unforgettable.

Do you think this is Disney's way of trying to solve the "seating" problem of year's past? I guess - EVERYTHING FOR A PRICE!

And did you notice each Saturday will have a food theme?

Each week offers a new and unique cultural culinary cuisine:

* September 26 –Spanish
* October 3 –Comfort Foods with a Twist
* October 10 –South American
* October 17 – Classical
* October 24 – Asian
* October 31 – Fall Harvest
* November 7 – Italian

I want to know what premium bar means?! Does that mean Caymus wont run out after 1/2 hour?! ;)
Also is the cheese station only here??? :scared1: Don't take away the cheese!!!!
I see Paul and the Dean boys are at the Fest over the same weekend that PFTS is supposed to have "comfort food with a twist".. cheese fudge?

And did you notice each Saturday will have a food theme?

Each week offers a new and unique cultural culinary cuisine:

* September 26 –Spanish
* October 3 –Comfort Foods with a Twist
* October 10 –South American
* October 17 – Classical
* October 24 – Asian
* October 31 – Fall Harvest
* November 7 – Italian

Yes, I did. I REALLY like this idea!! :goodvibes

I agree that it is ridiculous. If I'm going to plop down that kind of money then I'm going to V&A's and have myself a nice sit down dinner and enjoy the evening, not toss myself in the mass chaos of PFTS. I'll be interested to hear about the private room, but am not going to spring for it myself.

I want to know what premium bar means?! Does that mean Caymus wont run out after 1/2 hour?! ;)
Also is the cheese station only here??? :scared1: Don't take away the cheese!!!!
I see Paul and the Dean boys are at the Fest over the same weekend that PFTS is supposed to have "comfort food with a twist".. cheese fudge?

Yes, the Wine View Lounge sounds very interesting. Would love more info. I wonder where they will put it. We will just have to see - that would bring the price to a whopping $195! Plus tax.

Definitely, - Cheese Fudge!!

Yes, the Wine View Lounge sounds very interesting. Would love more info. I wonder where they will put it. We will just have to see - that would bring the price to a whopping $195! Plus tax.

Definitely, - Cheese Fudge!!

I would guess all the way at the back to left. They have an outside area that they can open up. Who knows.. that is my guess!

:confused3

Here's some more from the Miami Examiner:

Adventures in Signature Dining:

* Sept. 30 Jiko Suvir Saran
* Oct. 1 Portabello Tony Manuano
* Oct. 8 Wolfgang Puck Wolfgang Puck
* Oct. 15 Flying Fish Café Rick Tramonto
* Oct. 22 The Wave TBD
* Oct. 25 Victoria & Albert’s Scott Hunnel
* Oct. 29 California Grill TBD
* TBD Ragland Road Kevin Dundon
* TBD BlueZoo Todd English

I would not be able to attend any of these as they all take place on weekdays - except October 25 which is not a weekend I will be there.

I'm guessing there may be a backlash about the fees for wine and culinary demos.

I would not be able to attend any of these as they all take place on weekdays - except October 25 which is not a weekend I will be there.

I'm guessing there may be a backlash about the fees for wine and culinary demos.

Todd's is usually on a weekend but you did that last year. It was yummy but I don't think I would do it two years in a row. Too many other things to try.

I agree there will be grumblings about the fees. I'm okay with it because I felt (and witnessed) people just come into those seminars to get the wine and then leave before the winery rep was finished with the presentation. This way those of us that are really interested in learning things will get a seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter