***2009*** Epcot Food & Wine Festival ENDED NOV. 8

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by TDC Nala, May 13, 2009.

1. Andrew Bichard

Andrew Bichard DIS Veteran

Wher are the announcements of classes and dinners that will be availible for booking on Monday. The link at the beginning of this thread doesn't have much information yet

Andrew

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

See what the problem is with hijacking your own thread?

I was referring not to Epcot but to the Food Network Wine and Food Festival in New York City which I am attending. All information we have about Epcot is that booking will commence on August 11 and no schedules or information for 2009 have been released yet.

4. enchantingodin

enchantingodin You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself

I guess that's what I get for skim reading at 2:30 in the morning. :rotfl:

5. redzinner

redzinner Me Wants the Medianoche!

I haven't seen anything as to how many countries but I think (just speculation mind you) based on their website Epcot International Food and Wine Festival it will be 'Celebrating Culinary Adventures' .

6. jeminni

jeminni It's 5 o'clock somewhere

We would love it :goodvibes

7. redzinner

redzinner Me Wants the Medianoche!

A few of us were 'talking' yesterday and speculating whether we would be able to make our special event reservations on line this year since Disney now has the automated ADR system.

Has anyone heard if we will still need to be on the phone at a certain date/time or if it will all be done on their website? :confused3

8. DisneyCruiser83

DisneyCruiser83 You jump, I jump, Jack!

Sorry, I don't know how to delete posts. Please disregard.

9. TDC Nala

NO idea at this point if we will be able to reserve F&W events online.

10. CoolDisneyKitten

CoolDisneyKitten Not like other sheep, arrr!

*le sigh* You guys are making me jealous. Our first F&W trip is only 4 days long, and most of it will be spent with BTE. Add to that our current bank balance, and... no special events for us!

Well, we can at least enjoy the booths, and the general atmosphere.

11. chip&dale&fun

chip&dale&fun DIS Veteran

You will have so much fun, and with days you can enjoy all the booths. We try EVERYTHING, but tend to try to pair things nicely. Like one lunch, all chicken dishes. One night all desserts. One lunch beers. One dinner red wine etc. It works well until the the absolute yummy dish comes along and you want to eat that all the time. Also DH and I found if we share an offering we can get around the world without exploding. This works well until the absolute yummy dish comes along.....We even try to keep score - this is a 1 -2 - 3- 4 - 5 star dish or beverage. We always think we will post the results but alas never do. And even at $2-4 an offering, the cost can add up.....You will have fun!!!!

12. BelleLovesTheBeast

BelleLovesTheBeast Mouseketeer

Better Than Ezra's hits: "Good" (the big hit), "Desperately Wanting", "A Lifetime", "King of New Orleans" and "Juicy" (was used for Desperate Housewives' ads a couple of years ago). They also did "One More Murder" for the X-Files soundtrack. They just put out a new CD a couple of weeks ago so they are out promoting that. They aren't a has-been band. They are still current, putting out CDs and touring.

I agree with everyone else. Go with Morimoto. I love watching him on Iron Chef. I just wish that they wouldn't overdub his voice. It makes me crazy. I have no problem understanding him and why not just have it say what he's saying.

13. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

Lori! Why didn't you tell me this was up already??!! Aggh! I am so behind!

We're going for the last week of the festival this time around...Jersey Week! What can I expect everybody?

14. *KeepMovingForward*

*KeepMovingForward* <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We're going the same week too. Personally, I don't think its half as bad as folks make it out to be, but thats JMO from our own experience. We've done it before and find it to be a great time with the milder weather and the crowds seem very manageable to us.

15. pooch

pooch Still feeling special!!

can we use them at the F & WF booths?

16. mommyoftwo08

mommyoftwo08 Mouseketeer

I heard rumors of the festival having a soft opening on the Thursday and Friday before it's actually set to officially open. Is this true? And if so, what exactly is a "soft opening"?

Thank you!

17. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

I did last year. Very convenient! Although I will say that the card readers in the booths can be finicky (sp?) and sometimes aren't working. Helps to have some emergency cash just in case.

18. oybolshoi

oybolshoi <marquee><font color=green>You say vacation addict

Exactly what I would have said. :thumbsup2 We've given up on the cards (be they pre-loaded, disney reward, or even dining plan) for F&W because you still have to carry cash because you never know which card reader at which booth will decide to melt down. Kind of negates the convenience of not having to carrry cash. :rolleyes1

Having said that, most people find them very useful and they work fine most of the time. My hubby and I are just impatient, hungry jerks so we'd rather not wait any longer than we have to. :laughing:

19. pooch

pooch Still feeling special!!

DD and I are taking a quick B-day trip (mine!). We already have Free Dining and will get my $75 birthday gift card. I expect about $325 in Reward points by then so, just emergency cash will be plenty!!! YAAAA - b-day with the Mouse!!!!

20. TDC Nala

From my understanding it is not a "soft opening" (which technically is an unofficial opening to test an event or attraction) but a preview day for cast members. However, they don't check to see if you're a cast member. From prior reports, not all the booths are open Thursday and not all the items may be available. Friday is the official public opening date of the festival.

I don't do the cards either because of the scanners breaking down so much.

Your $75 birthday gift card is not likely to be accepted at the booths. It's good in stores only and is not accepted for food (except for the packaged food sold in the stores).

21. oybolshoi

oybolshoi <marquee><font color=green>You say vacation addict

a word of warning on those b-day gift cards ... I checked because we're going to be at F&W over my birthday as well ... the fine print in the rules say that it's not good for food or beverage. Actually, after reading through everything you can't use the birthday gift card for I'm not sure what's left to use it on. :lmao: