***2009-2010*** cheer parent thread!!

Back from a fun weekend at Myrtle Beach. Youth and Seniors got first and juniors got second - missed first by 0.3! One more competition to go at All-Levels in Atlanta this weekend.
And the website is fierceboard dot com. It is all cheerleading. A lot of them are focused on Level 5 teams and worlds.

Back from a fun weekend at Myrtle Beach. Youth and Seniors got first and juniors got second - missed first by 0.3! One more competition to go at All-Levels in Atlanta this weekend.
And the website is fierceboard dot com. It is all cheerleading. A lot of them are focused on Level 5 teams and worlds.

Thanks! I am going to have to head over there. I need another time sink :goodvibes

Our level 1-4 teams ended their season on a high note at American Showcase in Anaheim this weekend.

7 out of the 8 teams were National Champions and our Mini 1s, who traveled for the first time, came in second. Not too shabby for a gym from a state that is not exactly known as a cheer powerhouse state :cheer2:

Now on to tryouts and Worlds for our small Senior 5 and Unlimited Coed 5 teams.

Bring on the 2010 -2011 season!

Congrats Donna! Good luck this weekend...we'll be in MB :rotfl:

Our level 1-4 teams ended their season on a high note at American Showcase in Anaheim this weekend.

7 out of the 8 teams were National Champions and our Mini 1s, who traveled for the first time, came in second. Not too shabby for a gym from a state that is not exactly known as a cheer powerhouse state :cheer2:

Now on to tryouts and Worlds for our small Senior 5 and Unlimited Coed 5 teams.

Bring on the 2010 -2011 season!

Congrats to your teams! Especially the Mini team. It's soooo cool when they do well. Not to mention that age is just so cute. :goodvibes

Good luck at Worlds!

Congrats to your teams! Especially the Mini team. It's soooo cool when they do well. Not to mention that age is just so cute. :goodvibes

Good luck at Worlds!

Although I can't take any credit as that goes all to the kids, I am sure they would want to say Thanks! :goodvibes It is so much fun watching this up and coming program start making a name for itself. We are very lucky in that we have great parents, phenomenal coaches, incredibly awesome kids and fantastic owners.

I am in such awe of these kids, not just our program but all of them, from big to little, and how hard they work and their work ethics and how dedicated they are to such a difficult sport. Even the little guys! Does drama happen? Of course. But most of the kids I have run across at competitions are some of the best kids one could ever want to meet. Congrats to all the kids in this sport, you all deserve it!

The Minis are adorable!! I just love to watch them. I am so happy for them.

Good luck to all competing these last couple of weeks!!!

Great job! I hope we get to meet in Atlanta Saturday!

we are also close to wrapping up for the season. We are doing a Thrill Jam in MA and then the US finals in VA.

Don't think I can survive high school cheer. If you want to meet some stereotypical cheer moms, I can introduce you to them.

Hi everyone! My DD is 6 and wrapping up her 2nd year of cheer. Any good suggestions for end of the season gifts for her coaches? Thanks!

Hi everyone! My DD is 6 and wrapping up her 2nd year of cheer. Any good suggestions for end of the season gifts for her coaches? Thanks!

Individual or team? I've given gift cars where I let my daughter make the card to put it in that just came from her but then we've also done team gifts. Those have been autographed picture frames with a picture of the team. You can also do a scrapbook page and frame that. Hope that helps smark some idea's.

OK....here's our 2010-2011 schedule :goodvibes

Oct. Charlotte, NC
Nov. Richmond, VA and Raleigh, NC
Dec. Greensboro, NC
Jan. Charlotte, NC
Mar. Charlotte, NC
April Hershey, PA

Staying close to home next season. ;o) I think TN and FL drained our parents this season.

Don't think I can survive high school cheer. If you want to meet some stereotypical cheer moms, I can introduce you to them.

Hang in there.

Somebody once told me the only similarity betwen School Cheer and All Star Cheer is that they both have the word Cheer in them. Apparently, that applies to some of the parents too?

Our team mom is making Swarovski bead bracelets in the team colors for the coaches and junior coaches. They are not very expensive. Generic gift cards like the Visa ones are also seem to always be appreciated.

Oct. Charlotte, NC
Dec. Greensboro, NC
Jan. Charlotte, NC
Mar. Charlotte, NC
April Hershey, PA

Staying close to home next season. ;o) I think TN and FL drained our parents this season.

We don't get our schedule until August, although rumors are abundant that the whole gym will continue going to NCA/Dallas. But that is all it is, rumors, and not very reliable this early.

Haven't heard any rumors on the second Nationals yet.

What's the name of your daughters gym? My DD13 will be at Final Destination in VA Beach also..she's on Jr. level 4 and Sr. level 4 with Cheer Carolina Allstars. Our Youth Level 2 will be there as well.

Her Gym is Long Island Cheer. She is on Sr. coed level 3. We are really looking forward to VA Beach. It will be their last competition of the season. They also have their Youth level 1 and small Jr. level 3 going.

Hang in there.

Somebody once told me the only similarity betwen School Cheer and All Star Cheer is that they both have the word Cheer in them. Apparently, that applies to some of the parents too?

I don't think "All Star" or "School Cheer" makes any difference. It's just about getting that right, or wrong, mix of personailities. I am an All Star cheer mom and a Middle School Cheer coach. My Middle School moms were great, they stayed out of my way, and trusted me with their kids. They never hung around practice, they just dropped off their girls and showed up at games to cheer them on. Awesome.

On my daughter's All Star team there are moms who would never, ever miss a practice, and they are so in everyone's else's business it's unbelievable. I cannot stand the drama. The parents are involved, the girls are involved, and the coaches have drama of their own going on, which, of course, must be discussed and scrutinized for hours on end. I seriously cannot take it. I don't blame All Star for it, it's just this group. I am so glad our season is nearly over. I need a break from these people, and so does my daughter.

Oct. Charlotte, NC
Dec. Greensboro, NC
Jan. Charlotte, NC
Mar. Charlotte, NC
April Hershey, PA

Tryouts are May 8.
Here is our tentative schedule for next year:
Jan. 8 Jamfest Columbia, SC
Feb. 5 - 6 Final Frontier Charleston, SC
Feb 19 - 20 Cheerport Atlanta, Ga
Mar 5 - 6 Spirit Cheer Orlando, Florida
Mar 13 Universal Spirit Charlotte, NC
Mar 26 - 27 Battle at the Beach Myrtle Beach, SC

Looks like I will be seeing you again in March. I might talk to the coach about changing the Orlando one. Not that I don't love Orlando but it is a 2 day competition and takes 5 - 6 hours to drive there. School is in on the Friday before and Monday afterwards so it would be a long drive without fringe benefits! I was so hoping for a school holiday around that time. Oh, well.

Good luck to everyone on Saturday!

I don't think "All Star" or "School Cheer" makes any difference. It's just about getting that right, or wrong, mix of personailities. I am an All Star cheer mom and a Middle School Cheer coach. My Middle School moms were great, they stayed out of my way, and trusted me with their kids. They never hung around practice, they just dropped off their girls and showed up at games to cheer them on. Awesome.

On my daughter's All Star team there are moms who would never, ever miss a practice, and they are so in everyone's else's business it's unbelievable. I cannot stand the drama. The parents are involved, the girls are involved, and the coaches have drama of their own going on, which, of course, must be discussed and scrutinized for hours on end. I seriously cannot take it. I don't blame All Star for it, it's just this group. I am so glad our season is nearly over. I need a break from these people, and so does my daughter.

I didn't mean any disrespect to school cheer and I don't think the person who made tha statement that they are so different meant it disparagingly. They really are quite different from each other.

It is just that I have heard this stereotype numerous times, so hence, the question mark.

I have to agree that it is the particular group of parents, not the sport itself. My son's football team was great, but the other team in his age group had some of the most drama filled parents, it was crazy. It was embarrassing to watch some of them on the sidelines and hear from some of the other parents.

Now I will go remove foot from mouth :goodvibes

I didn't mean any disrespect to school cheer and I don't think the person who made tha statement that they are so different meant it disparagingly. They really are quite different from each other.

It is just that I have heard this stereotype numerous times, so hence, the question mark.

I have to agree that it is the particular group of parents, not the sport itself. My son's football team was great, but the other team in his age group had some of the most drama filled parents, it was crazy. It was embarrassing to watch some of them on the sidelines and hear from some of the other parents.

Now I will go remove foot from mouth :goodvibes

No foot removal necessary. It's all good. :goodvibes

I am feeling particularly sensitive about gym drama lately, since we're dealing with so much. It's been a rough few weeks. :sick:

Her Gym is Long Island Cheer. She is on Sr. coed level 3. We are really looking forward to VA Beach. It will be their last competition of the season. They also have their Youth level 1 and small Jr. level 3 going.

Cool! I'll be sure to look out for the Jr/Sr teams to cheer them on. Won't be there on Sat as DD that's on Jr/Sr has a band competition in Charlotte that Sat. On the road again...that's our song for that weekend. :goodvibes

Looks like I will be seeing you again in March. I might talk to the coach about changing the Orlando one. Not that I don't love Orlando but it is a 2 day competition and takes 5 - 6 hours to drive there. School is in on the Friday before and Monday afterwards so it would be a long drive without fringe benefits! I was so hoping for a school holiday around that time. Oh, well.

Good luck to everyone on Saturday!

Cool! Give me a few teams to watch in Charlotte other than ours. Since DD13 won't be cheering next year I have to pick when I can stay and watch the older girls just to show support. Having a 3 yr old at these things is not an easy task when I can't at least say 'hey there's sissy!'.

As for Orlando, tell her go in 2012 when I can get our gym to go...:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter