• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

***2009-2010*** cheer parent thread!!

rbuzzotta

<font color=FF00CC>OKW until 2042<br><font color=t
:cheer2:This is the beginning of a new season for all our cheer princesses and princes!!! This will also be the third season this thread has gone on for...........there are many of us from school cheer, rec cheer, allstar cheer and some college cheer that support one another.

Come one, come all.....join in on the fun........share your cheer parent stories and your children's successes.

May each and every one of you have a happy, healthy and successful 2009-2010 Cheer Season..........:cheer2:

Rec cheer/school cheer here!!!

This is my daughter's first year. She's 5, and she will be a kindergartener cheering for her elementary school football team!!! She's going to look so dang cute in that uniform. I know I am not suposed to say that though. :lmao:

Allstar cheer here!

This is my daughter's first year, she is almost 3.5 and will be on the mini team at Palm Beach Lightning here in south Florida. She is loving it so far. Here is a picture of her stunting with her former tumbling coach that was taken about a month ago.
maharrey
[/url][/IMG]

Parent of middle school cheerleader. Two girls have already been kicked off the '09 - '10 squad. It appears that since tryouts, they have already managed to accumulate the number of demerits that get you kicked off. That requires some serious mis-behavior in a short amount of time!

DD's started practice for this season for allstars...her squad is youth level 2, they're hoping to be a level 3.:scared1: This is her 6th year cheering - hard to believe! She's 11. She broke her arm in October and it still hurts...that has me a little worried. Last practice they stunted for 2 hours (she is a back) and she came home and it was very sore. That could just be weakness, her muscles getting strong again. She still can't even do a back walkover b/c she said she gets a bad pain in her arm - that's the pain that worries me and has me wondering if she can do it again. Well if not, she'll be the cheerleader kneeling in the back while the rest of the squad tumbles. :goodvibes We're looking forward to this season since she was out most of last year.:cheer2:

Parent of middle school cheerleader. Two girls have already been kicked off the '09 - '10 squad. It appears that since tryouts, they have already managed to accumulate the number of demerits that get you kicked off. That requires some serious mis-behavior in a short amount of time!

That is bad!! The good thing is they got it out of the way so you all don't have to deal with them later!:rotfl:

Rec cheer/school cheer here!!!

This is my daughter's first year. She's 5, and she will be a kindergartener cheering for her elementary school football team!!! She's going to look so dang cute in that uniform. I know I am not suposed to say that though. :lmao:

But how can you not say it? :goodvibes She will!!

Tink561 - great picture! I love the bandaids. ;)

My oldest DD decided to not try out again for middle school. :guilty: I think she was frustrated with her tumbling and burnt out on it after 4 years of cheer.
DD10 moved back to our old gym since it was closer than the one we cheered at last year. She is on the youth level 3.:) Anybody have a suggestion on how to get her to tuck up tighter on her tuck. She can throw a round off handspring pike and a good whip back by herself but doesn't pull into a tight ball.:confused3

going into our 6th season. 2 dd's, 2 football and all-star teams. Not sure of their all-star placements. should hear by next week. The cost is really affecting me this year. but, our gym is smaller and has decided that we will only attend nationals that are within a 8 hour drive. Luckily for us in NE, that includes some good competitions.

this is my younger daughter flying, girl closest to you. this was here lg junior 2 team. She crossed to several teams this year
and my 2 girls together
smaller_holly_flying.jpg

katie_and_holly_march_2009.jpg

:wave: Hi All

Parent to a special needs allstar cheerleader starting her 5th season and aunt (more like mom since her real mom isn't in the picture) to a niece starting her third season.

Practice has been underway for a couple of weeks now. There are no teams yet in the gym(except for the special needs team:goodvibes), as everybody is still in practice groups.

We are all very excited for what the new season brings! One kid on our SN's team almost has her back tuck, a few are working on their bhs, they are perfecting their basket tosses, and the coaches are really stepping up the level of difficulty. It should be a fun season to watch these kids with special needs do things that were never expected of them!

DD's team at our last competition, a local cheersport. We are considered an assisted team since we have all level of kids on the team, so have junior coaches on the floor with them. For the most part, the kids do all the stunts themselves with the junior coaches (black t-shirts) just back spotting. There was one open spot where a junior coach acts as a base. But everything else they do t hemselves.
cheer_full_team_pyramid.jpg

Cheersport in Atlanta this year. They got their basket toss with the girl on the very top for the first time that weekend.
pyramid_with_Jessica_2.jpg

Thank goodness we are getting rid of these awful uniforms this year and going with the competitive uniforms!!

Great timing on this thread as high school tryouts are next week. :eek:
I have a DD15 who was on JV squad last year and DD14 who was captain of the middle school squad last year. My girls have cheered in Sertoma and middle school for 7 and 8 years. This week, they will be sort of competing against each other. I'm so scared one will make it and one won't. This happened 2 years ago during DD14s first year of middle school cheerleading. DD15 didn't make it that year, even though she had made it her first year. That was not a good year. I was excited for DD14, but DD15 was crushed. I'm really glad she made the high school squad her freshman year as it has really rebuilt her confidence. So wish us luck next week!!!!

The pictures are great. Wish I knew how to post some.

Mom to a graduated senior hoping to get on a college team (she is waitlisted). She could also 'super senior' if it does not work out........

I will be living vicariously through all of you if my CP does not go back to cheer.........it is wonderful so long as your with the right gym for you!!!

Wishing you all a successful season.......injury free!!!

The pictures are great. Wish I knew how to post some.

Mom to a graduated senior hoping to get on a college team (she is waitlisted). She could also 'super senior' if it does not work out........

I will be living vicariously through all of you if my CP does not go back to cheer.........it is wonderful so long as your with the right gym for you!!!

Wishing you all a successful season.......injury free!!!
Rosemary,

You better not abandon us. :goodvibes Your insight has always been invaluable!

My oldest DD decided to not try out again for middle school. :guilty: I think she was frustrated with her tumbling and burnt out on it after 4 years of cheer.
DD10 moved back to our old gym since it was closer than the one we cheered at last year. She is on the youth level 3.:) Anybody have a suggestion on how to get her to tuck up tighter on her tuck. She can throw a round off handspring pike and a good whip back by herself but doesn't pull into a tight ball.:confused3

Does she throw a standing tuck? If so have her do standing tucks up onto a panel mat...start out with just one panel and then keep folding them up higher...it'll make her set higher.

I am a NE Ohio cheer mom. My dd is 8 and we're now in year #2 of All Star cheer!! DD cheers youth level 2 and is trying to get her back tuck.

We made it through tryouts successfully!:cheer2:

Haley, DD 15 made Varsity
Hannah, DD14 made Junior Varsity

We will be attending A LOT of ballgames this year!
JV football Thursday nights, Varsity football Friday nights.
Basketball 2-3 nights a week, that includes JV girls, JV Boys, Varsity girls, Varsity boys (all games, JV and Varsity, are played in one night). So in reality, thats about 8-12 games a week. :scared1:
We will be tired and somewhat broke, but it's worth it because the girls are so happy!!:banana:

We made it through tryouts successfully!:cheer2:

Haley, DD 15 made Varsity
Hannah, DD14 made Junior Varsity

We will be attending A LOT of ballgames this year!
JV football Thursday nights, Varsity football Friday nights.
Basketball 2-3 nights a week, that includes JV girls, JV Boys, Varsity girls, Varsity boys (all games, JV and Varsity, are played in one night). So in reality, thats about 8-12 games a week. :scared1:
We will be tired and somewhat broke, but it's worth it because the girls are so happy!!:banana:

congratulations, my two dd's also cheer and it makes it hard. They are not in high school yet, but when they are I hope it goes as well as yours has. they both have different strengths, so it depends what they are looking for each time.

congratulations, my two dd's also cheer and it makes it hard. They are not in high school yet, but when they are I hope it goes as well as yours has. they both have different strengths, so it depends what they are looking for each time.

Thank you so much...it's so hard to have 2 trying out at the same time. We had a disaster a few years ago in middle school when one made it and the other didn't. I'm so relieved that wasn't the case this year...I can breathe a sigh of relief, until next year!

Congratulations to your DD's for making the team...........

still trying to post a picture...........any suggestions as to how??/

Somehow I am able to post a picture as an avatar but not on the post itself...........still open for suggestions as to how to!! thanks.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter