***2009-2010*** cheer parent thread!!

Are any of your teams going to be at the Gaylord Resort Center in National Harbor, MD this weekend for Battle of the Capitol? DGD will be competing there for Unique All Stars out of Columbia, Md. on youth level 1.

Just saw this...how did your DGD do? My DD's team (Stevenson University) won in their college division, I've never seen such a happy group of girls! They went on the following weekend to win for the second year in a row their Division Conference Championship so it's been a great couple of weeks. Last one coming up in Daytona where they won a bid for nationals next month, wish I could go!

Thank you so much!! I can't tell you how good it feels to have all of that , behind us, but I am sure if you are reading this you already know. :laughing: Even though this is for next year, they start when school starts back after spring break, which is this week. It's pretty exciting. :dance3:
Congrats! Your daughter must be so pleased.

After Worlds, we will need to start up the 2010 - 2011 cheer thread and have everybody check in how tryouts are going.

Just saw this...how did your DGD do? My DD's team (Stevenson University) won in their college division, I've never seen such a happy group of girls! They went on the following weekend to win for the second year in a row their Division Conference Championship so it's been a great couple of weeks. Last one coming up in Daytona where they won a bid for nationals next month, wish I could go!

DGD 's team, Unique AllStars, got 4th place. They are Small youth level 1 and this was the first time they had not gotten first. Needless to say they cried their eyes out.

We are going to Myrtle Beach this weekend for Nationals. Looking forward to that. Might be cold there but are hoping for a better score. We are such a small gym with only 4 squads.

Congratulations to your DD. It is so nice to see happy girls.

Which team are you? Which youth division are you in? I will look for you.:)

Carolina Crossfire Cheer - Large Youth Level 1.

We just got back from Jascksonville - Clash of the Titans. It was the worst competition I have been to in a while. For as big as a competition as this is, the floor should be raised. They give away $1000 to superdivision champs - I think they should keep that money and buy a raised floor. Our Youth did come in first place but the rest of the judging was crazy. There were NO deductions for falls. Our Sr. level 3 team came in 7th out of 8th place. On day 1, they were the only level 3 team without a fall. And the falls were huge. It wasn't like the girls just came down early. One third of a pyramid fell over on one team, other teams had two stunts totally bust - the bases and flyers were sprawled out on the floor. And it isn't like we aren't competitive. We have beaten some of these teams when they were clean. Don't understand how the only clean team comes in next to last. And the judges comments for the youth were almost useless for a two day competition. You need more footwork in your dance, you need to do more entries into your pyramid. That is stuff that cannot be changed for a two day competition. Give us something constructive to work on - sharper dance or execute something better. It was really weird. But whatever. It didn't seem that strange last year. I just don't understand no deductions for a fall.

We just got back from Jascksonville - Clash of the Titans. It was the worst competition I have been to in a while. For as big as a competition as this is, the floor should be raised. They give away $1000 to superdivision champs - I think they should keep that money and buy a raised floor. Our Youth did come in first place but the rest of the judging was crazy. There were NO deductions for falls. Our Sr. level 3 team came in 7th out of 8th place. On day 1, they were the only level 3 team without a fall. And the falls were huge. It wasn't like the girls just came down early. One third of a pyramid fell over on one team, other teams had two stunts totally bust - the bases and flyers were sprawled out on the floor. And it isn't like we aren't competitive. We have beaten some of these teams when they were clean. Don't understand how the only clean team comes in next to last. And the judges comments for the youth were almost useless for a two day competition. You need more footwork in your dance, you need to do more entries into your pyramid. That is stuff that cannot be changed for a two day competition. Give us something constructive to work on - sharper dance or execute something better. It was really weird. But whatever. It didn't seem that strange last year. I just don't understand no deductions for a fall.
I will look for you there. I have DD's competing in Mini 1, large youth 2, and small youth 3. I can't believe that they did not penalize deductions especially falls. :sad2:

I will look for you there. I have DD's competing in Mini 1, large youth 2, and small youth 3. I can't believe that they did not penalize deductions especially falls. :sad2:

Which team are you with so I can watch for you. Someone on the fierceboard was also wondering why they didn't give a deduction for falls. It was really weird. DD said they were looking for facials and sharpness.

That's totally not cool! Unfortunately that's the downside to competitive cheer...some judges make sense to us and some don't but I'm sure they all think they make sense to themselves. LOL! Which it could be like bball sometimes...you get a basket it's 2 or 3 pts period. :rotfl: Ah well. Still hate that it happens.

We just got back from Jamfest in Atlantic City. What a great time we had. Our small gym earned 2 National Championships and was only .01 point away from Grandchamps. Also, our SR L3 (which one), got most entertaining routine. Plus our Junior 2 came in second. They had a fall the first day or they would have won. Between my 2 girls they were on all of these teams.

Sometimes we get discouraged locally, because the judging does not always seem fair, or go our way. These big competitions show the girls that they really do have it. They were so excited!

We had that experience as well .. we went to Beach Blast last year and were BLOWN away for all the little extras, care and concern (not to mention the raised floor) .. our experience this year was the same as yours .. almost to a T! The floor? What the heck? If they have it one year, why not the next?

You know the vendors around the perimeter? Nada .. this time I had taken money to get a cute giraffe purse and other fun things .. neck tags .. with photos and such .. nada! Real depressing!

On to next year!

Hello All! Back from FL, WDW and the beach! Had a blast being off from work and on vaca. As for the competition...we didn't fare as well. Day one was hard for all the teams (stunts falling, tumble touchdowns and falls) just hard. Day 2 went better however still no first places. Jr and Sr's came in 2nd, Youth 4th and Mini's 2nd. Overall though they had a lot of fun and it was good to compete against some new teams. Definitely a good competition to go to even if it is at Universal. :lmao:

Now it's off to Myrtle Beach next weekend.

That is a bummer! Sometimes it seems there is no rhyme or reason why they judge the way they do. I am sure they have plausible answers for themselves, but it just doesn't make sense to us.

Which team are you with so I can watch for you. Someone on the fierceboard was also wondering why they didn't give a deduction for falls. It was really weird. DD said they were looking for facials and sharpness.
I think I have heard about the fierceboard. Is this the all cheer message board?

Care to post (or pm me) the address?:goodvibes

DD is itching to get started again. Even though she is still in privates, this down time is killing her.

May 17 we start back up for the 2010-2010 season.

Not a cheer parent but I am a future cheerleader. Darling fiance and I are doing all star cheer this summer. Super excited and I can hardly wait!

Our girls start learning the dance and cheer for camp at Panama City, this weekend. They are excited. It's going to be a long weekend, but it will be worth it. This is our first time to go through this so that makes it extra special for us. :) DD is a middle school cheerleader. :cheer2:

Hi Everyone,
I stumbled upon this thread while doing a google search for info one of our daughters up coming cheer competitions. It's great to see a bunch of cheer parents here on our favorite message board!
This is our daughters first year in Allstar. She is on a senior level 3 team.
They have had a great season so far, and still have two competitions left. Reach The Beach in Ocean City this weekend, then Final Destination in VA Beach May 1st.
Her Gym's Level 5 team will be at Worlds in Disney later this month.

Hi Everyone,
I stumbled upon this thread while doing a google search for info one of our daughters up coming cheer competitions. It's great to see a bunch of cheer parents here on our favorite message board!
They have had a great season so far, and still have two competitions left. Reach The Beach in Ocean City this weekend, then Final Destination in VA Beach May 1st.

What's the name of your daughters gym? My DD13 will be at Final Destination in VA Beach also..she's on Jr. level 4 and Sr. level 4 with Cheer Carolina Allstars. Our Youth Level 2 will be there as well.

Hello All! Back from FL, WDW and the beach! Had a blast being off from work and on vaca. As for the competition...we didn't fare as well. Day one was hard for all the teams (stunts falling, tumble touchdowns and falls) just hard. Day 2 went better however still no first places. Jr and Sr's came in 2nd, Youth 4th and Mini's 2nd. Overall though they had a lot of fun and it was good to compete against some new teams. Definitely a good competition to go to even if it is at Universal. :lmao:

Now it's off to Myrtle Beach next weekend.

Having fun is the most important :cheer2:

And what could be more fun than Universal? :tiptoe: (sorry, it is our preferred Orlando destination :goodvibes )

But it sounds like they still did pretty well. 2nd and 4th is nothing to sneer at! Congrats to the kids!

Hi Everyone,

:welcome: to the thread.

What gym does your daughter cheer for?

Anybody at American Showcase in Anaheim this weekend?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter