• I could probably only do the week of 12/2/07

• I could happily do either

• I could do either, but strongly prefer late November

• I could do either, but strongly prefer early December

• Wish I could be there, but alas cannot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mama Twinkles

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Okay, all you lovely people (CSP's are very much included in this), here's your chance to indicate your preference as to when we all try to meet in 2007. If someone wants to spearhead an earlier meet as well, please go for it!

Edited to add: Poll is now closed. Late November (NEXT year) dates have been confirmed. Thanks, everyone, for responding! There should be a great turnout.

Thanks for setting this up. I voted for late November. As I've said I've crowd-o-phobic (after ushering the snowbirds through one tour after the next in the early 70s), and I wasn't impressed with the much vaunted lower crowd levels in early December. Here's hoping post-T-day is better!

But, really, it doesn't matter.

OrlandoMike said:
Just voted, I'll be there no matter when!

Yea!

So far November is winning out, but we'll keep the poll going for a while.

Mama Twinkles said:
Yea!

So far November is winning out, but we'll keep the poll going for a while.
Yes, please keep the poll open awhile. This is the kind of thing that (if people are serious about) they may need to talk with spouses, etc. Plus some interested parties might not be on here ever day (I know I go occasionally for a couple days off the list). Thanks.

SeattleRedBear said:
Yes, please keep the poll open awhile. This is the kind of thing that (if people are serious about) they may need to talk with spouses, etc. Plus some interested parties might not be on here ever day (I know I go occasionally for a couple days off the list). Thanks.

I agree. I think we should probably keep it going for a few weeks. I know I right away raised the issue with Gwen to let her know the options under discussion. These are big life and financial decisions for those of us who lives a bit away. For example my son will be in his senion year of high school that year and we'll have to decided if he can afford a few days off or if he'll be comfortable with us going solo.

Right now any time is fine with me. As long as no work trips come up I'll be there.

Wow, we're up to 16 families that could do one of the weeks. That could be quite nice-sized group of us moving through some fun week-long events.

It looks as though November has ever so slightly edged out December for our 2007 meet. They are probably statistically identical (t-test, anyone? :teeth: ). Would you be willing to make an executive decision on behalf of the group, Viki, and then maybe we could post a sticky announcing the meet? We could use that same thread to plan. Thank you!

I'm thinking the first meet-up could be over dinner at Cape May followed by a pontoon Illuminations cruise, if available, or a walk over to Illum. if not, and/or perhaps a trip to Jelly Rolls.

T&KHayes said:
We are going to do DCL 9/22/07 for the 7-night western. Guess we won't be able to swing the Nov. WDW. :guilty:

Sorry to hear that (not the DCL part, but the timing part). Maybe we can talk you into it in the end.

Edited to add: except I just realized there is no way on earth you could come in again from Washington state. Oh, well. Next time, then.

Don't forget that MouseFest is in early December, with all the major Disney Fan sites except DisBoards participating, as well as the MegaMouseMeet. The main schedule is: MouseFest Cruise - December 3-7, 2006; MouseFest Land - December 7-12, 2006; MegaMouse Meet 2006 - December 9, 2006. For more information go to www.mousefest.org

Mama Twinkles said:
It looks as though November has ever so slightly edged out December for our 2007 meet. They are probably statistically identical (t-test, anyone? :teeth: ). Would you be willing to make an executive decision on behalf of the group, Viki, and then maybe we could post a sticky announcing the meet? We could use that same thread to plan. Thank you!

I'm thinking the first meet-up could be over dinner at Cape May followed by a pontoon Illuminations cruise, if available, or a walk over to Illum. if not, and/or perhaps a trip to Jelly Rolls.

Yes, let's go with that date. Thanks Cheshire for that update and for one I'd rather avoid the volume of all that. I know they say it's a low time, but as someone who is used to September, I didn't find it so this past December.

Alright! The week of 11/25/07 it is! Thanks for deciding, Viki, and for your input, Cheshire. Now we can begin planning in earnest. Realistically, I think the first meet should be on Monday evening (11/26/07) to accommodate diverse travel schedules (and we're all about accommodating diversity here, hardee har).

I'll look into designing some kind of button (nothing embarrassing or overly dorky) so we can identify each other. Remember, CSP's are invited, as are families.

Well, with the date set, plannning should be a great deal of fun. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Just to throw something out, I'm wondering:

1. Should we designate a resort(s) as a central meeting site that some of us might want to stay at? I tend to think the Epcot resorts - BC, YC, BW, Swan and Dolphin - are great places for groups because they are so centrally located between the boardwalk, Epcot, and MGM.

2. We're going during a low season, should we talk with a travel agent that might be able to get us a group rate at one of the resorts?

Just some thoughts. What do you all think?

party:

There is definitely no harm in trying to get a group rate, but is there any precedent for Disney's offering one? The Dolphin might offer one, but it might not better those available to AAA members or readers of allearsnet.com, so I'm not sure it would be worth the effort. Certainly a group rate would not oblige anyone to stay at the hotel in question. If we do try to get one, the Epcot resort area sounds to me like a good idea for this group, though others may disagree.

One consideration is whether we want to try to be a "Magical Gathering," which would entitle us to participate in a special safari + dinner, a special Wishes cruise, etc. (for a fee, of course). These events are not private, but are only shared with other Magical Gatherings groups. The thing is that Disney makes registering for a Gathering a royal pain because you have to supply the names and resort reservations of every single person in the group at the outset in order to be issued a Gatherings registration i.d. # of some sort (that everyone subsequently uses if they want to join in on group ADR's, special cruises, etc.). I can't imagine, even if we used a travel agent for the group, that we could collectively get our acts together in coordinated fashion to pull that off. It would be like herding cats unless I misunderstand the process and there is an easy way for people to add their info directly w/Disney or the travel agent once an i.d. # has already been issued to the group's coordinator. So I'm kind of inclined not to try, and just to create our own fun with, say, large-group ADR's, maybe a pontoon reservation, and informal meetings at Jellyrolls or the regular safari ride or wherever.

What do others think?

Edited to add: Also, to be a Magical Gathering, at least 80% of the group has to stay at a Disney-owned resort. We have some who are planning to come in from Orlando for the meet, and no doubt others who would prefer to stay at the Swan or Dolphin or off-site, so it's not clear we will even qualify. But boy would it be nice to have a travel agent or Disney handle the ADR's and any special requests. Magical Gatherings require a minimum of 8 people, presumably at the time of registration even if they were to let us add more later. Even coordinating 8 of us just to get the process started, 7 of whom would need to have on-site reservations in place at the time of registration, feels hard to me, but maybe I'm just tired from a long week.

Yes, a travel agent can get us a group rate at Disney at certain times of the year, coordinating all of our travel information at the same time. We have a group rate at AKL in August - a terrific concierge room rate because it's the last week of August (unfortunately the group integrity for that trip is now threatened because of free dining; lots of folk are cancelling even a great group rate in order to get free food).

Viki said:
Yes, a travel agent can get us a group rate at Disney at certain times of the year, coordinating all of our travel information at the same time.

Sounds divine. Let's go for it. I'd personally vote for the Beach Club or Dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter