20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I don't see a picture. I have no idea how to add one, so I can't be of help.

Peter, I am so sorry to read on the main boards that Ron Jon's is not happening for your trip! Have you been able to make other arrangements?

This has been a bad year weather wise. Even our yearly February cruise the weather left little to be desired. We have always had perfect weather, and this year I almost bought a sweatshirt! Today I heard from a couple of people that the winter is supposed to be cold and more than normal snow. Boy will I be ready to move to Florida if this is true!

Robin

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Just received school pics today on disc...I right clicked on image, went to properties, etc. Does image need to be on internet? Thank-you.

Try this, I saved it from a post a while ago thinking I might add a picture someday...

To post a photo in your post go to the button that says IMG, click that on, that add in the url address between the brackets as shown. It took me a few tries before I got the hang of it. Practice makes perfect!!!

Good luck!

Robin

I keep harrassing Jeff to put a pic of our 2 beagles on tiggerfan.net, but he keeps forgetting.
We're staying at the Boardwalk before the cruise in October and AKL after...

Jen,

We are just hanging out here at WDW, doing what ever seem like fun at the time, really laid back in our planning. Going to the DVC update today. Will Check in here more often, like morning and afternoon.

Other than that really open, moving to AKL on Saturday, I think that is the 18th. Good thing to see I am loosing track of the days. Wishing I might forget to go back to work.

Thinking of our friends in New Orleans.

Surprised it is not raining that much here.

Scott, Jeff and I will be up there on Saturday, maybe we can meet for lunch (Jeff works at 5)

Michelle, the images do need to be stored online before you can add them to your signature. I use a site called photobucket.com. It's free. Just go there, create an account and start uploading your photos. The neat thing about that site is that they list the url for your photo (individually for each photo you update) as well as the html tags in case you need those. So all you have to do is COPY and PASTE - which is super easy. Read that link Debbie provided first and then give it a try. If you need more help let me know.

Jen, I don't know how my post count got that high considering I haven't really been posting that much the past couple of weeks. I've just had a few things on my mind... :crazy:

I've got to get over to our Yahoo book club group too... ;)

Jen, Works for us just name a place, and time and we will be there..

As long as it is on property as we are slaves to Disney Transportation.

Jen, sent a PM as I don't have your email here on the laptop.

Last night was Back to School Night :teacher: at DD's elementary school. I had previously sent a note to the teacher regarding a couple of things specific to DD and I, but I also BRIEFLY mentioned that we'd be taking a trip in May through the Panama Canal and that DD was soooooo excited about being able to share information with the class and that I was willing to help do a presentation, etc., etc. Basically, I was kind of *throwing it out there* and trying to make it look good without mentioning that she'd be out of school for 10 or 11 days because I was SO scared it would be an issue. :scared:

The teacher and I spoke last night she was totally fine with it!! :earseek: She said that as long as I sign the "Independent Study" contract and DD gets her work done - the school gets their tax dollars, we get our vacation, the class gets to learn about something different and everybody wins!!
:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

I'm happy I don't have to stress about this any more. Hopefully everything works out the same for all the other parents on this cruise... :wizard:

Congrats Jindy on OK from teacher. DS last day of school is supposed to be May 17th, so he would only miss 2 days of school, but since the hurricanes he has missed 4 extra days of school. I spoke w/ principal last week at open house & she wasn't sure of make up plan yet.
Michelle

Jindy! Congratulations! That is great news! Aimee has always been an honors student, so if she was still in grade school I would have no problem taking her out. FSU resident halls close on April 30th, which is the day she will flying home for the summer. We will then both just fly back down to Florida on May 13th!

Can you all believe that September is half over already? Only 3 more months till Christmas and the start of 2005.

Praying for everyone in Ivan's path, including my DD. FSU just announced they are closing tomorrow.

Robin

Jindy,

Great news about your DD school. I feel travel is such a great educator and should not be missd due to mandatory attendance for tax dollars.

Sad news about Ivan hitting the Gulf Coast. Thoughts to those folks in that area.

Thanks Robin for the reminder on the month almost being over, wow this one went quick. Closer to Christmas and 2005 and retirement.....

Michelle, maybe they can just give your DS some sort of assignment the first week of May that he can complete before the cruise. It's nice that school lets out on May 17 for you! Our school lets out June 16 or 18 or something like that. I remember last year the kids here did nothing the last week. Just watch movies and have little parties. Your DS will prob not miss anything.

Robin, how's Aimee doing? Do you think you'll be living in Florida in Florida by May of next year?? ;)

You and Scott are right, it's very close to Christmas. I've been thinking about that all month. :eek: DD says she wants "nothing, I already have everything I need" for Christmas, which makes it hard for um SANTA to purchase a gift for her! I will have to listen closely this year when she sits on Santa's lap to see if she tells him something different than what she's telling me.

RESERVATION QUESTION:
Has anyone had to ADD a preson to their stateroom since they made the initial reservation for this cruise back in May? My mom has expressed some interest in wanting to go, but I wonder if I can even add anyone now? Are you charged at the "tier" you booked at, or the going rate now? And since currently it is 1 adult, 1 child in my stateroom - if I add my mom does DD's fare go down??? Thanks to whoever may have answers...

Have a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter