20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
SandraLee, I sent you a PM.....probably too late, but Scott and Lynn, have a great trip!

Jeff managed to find some of the last plywood in tampa bay and is shuttering up the house.... I wish I could say something profound about hurricanes and rain and storms, but all I can say is GO AWAY!!!!!

Thoughts, prayers and pixie dust heading your way, Jen....

I was thinking today that this time last year, we were getting ready for our eastern carib cruise. We were flying from WI straight south as (insert correct hurricane name here) was hitting Washington DC. The clouds outside the plane were awesome, it really truly looked like we were flying over the antarctic.

What a difference a year makes. Good luck for the third time....

Kelli

kellib36 . . Thank you so much! That could work, keep me posted on your status.

Good luck to all our Florida friends. My sister lives in Destin and she is starting to get worried.

Originally posted by Scott H
Hey Bob, here are some songs that might be fun to add even if they are not DCL ones.

Buffett:
Far side of the world
One particular Harbor
It's been a lovely Cruise
gotta have a Pirate looks at 40

Disney:
I'm on My Way - Brother Bear
Hakuna Matata

I am sure I will thinkof more.....
Thanks Scott. I agree on the Buffett songs, especially Pirate looks at 40 and One Particular Harbor. Thought you were on vacation.

Scott is referring to my post http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=639750

<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay="125">:earsboy:<font size+2 color=red> We Can't Wait For Our 14 Day Disney Panama Canal Cruise </font>:earsgirl:</marquee>

Hi all! Had the day off so we could prepare for the storm...AGAIN! Just got home. Think I got the last 2 gas cans in the county!!! What a mess. Gas is almost out already. They say we won't even get hit until late Mon. early Tues. I don't know what people are gonna do with nothing around. It gets scary to see how many people act. They are so rude and stressed. We still have'nt gotten cleaned up from Charley! I need a cruise:earseek: Is it May yet?:crazy:

Kim

Is scott in Florida now? His property is pretty close to where I live.

Jen-I had no idea where Apollo Beach was so I looked it up just now. WOW, I am sending pixie dust your way. I hope Ivan the Terrible turns big time. I had no idea you were right next to Tampa (see what living in the west does to you?)

Anyway, I'm thinking about you all and keeping updated on all the hurricane updates. Button down the hatch and be safe!!!!!

Linda
:umbrella: :umbrella:

Originally posted by SandraLee
I booked the MCO Hyatt for my Friday night stay! I wanted to use points so I went ahead and got it now. We could get in as late as 11:45 pm on Friday night, so I thought staying at the airport is the best choice.

Well, 11:45 is past MY bedtime but Cash and I will be at the MCO Hyatt that night, too. Look for us in the lobby at the DCL transfer counter in the morning.....I Hope to see you ...Impossible to miss us, Cash will undoubtedly be the only Service Dog in the building......!

Yep, Scott and Lynn are on Vacation at WDW now, staying at OKW. Watching the tube now to get a sense of where Ivan will head. Stocked up on stuff if we have to sit this one out which it looks like we will.

Off to EPCOT, just trying to reason with the hurricane season……

videogal1 . . . Hopefully, I'll be in earlier than 11:45 -- that was the only flights Delta could confirm us on for free tickets. I'll see if I can get earlier as the year goes on.

We will rent a car to get to port. I'm sure I'll need to stop along the way and pick up something.

Linda, thanks, yes we're right next to Tampa, at the end of the major road, (about 2 miles from our house) is the bay, the top of it too). We're very worried, plywood has gone up and mosre supplies have been bought...

Scott, I'm off all enxt week, well depending on the hurricane. Let me know what day works for you

Jen-make sure to keep us posted as soon as you make it through this! Hopefully Ivan the terrible makes a turn, and fast!!!!

Linda

We'll sure try. We're in a better situation than most as we live in a new neighborhood so all of our neighborhood wires are underground... So I will make sure Jeff posts now and then as I will be going into work I'm sure

Wow, Jen - sorry about Ivan. I seriosuly thought (hoped) it would bypass FL all together... Be safe! We'll all be thinking about you!!!

:grouphug: to all those in Florida!!!

I finally ordered that book you guys were talking about...The Path Between the Seas. Can't wait to read it!!

We will be staying at the Hyatt friday night as well...don't know what time we get in...but most of our past flights get us in around 4 or 5pm (we booked through DCL).

My mom is getting really excited too!! We have gone shopping for clothes to take. I got two new swimsuites (on clearence...gotta love end of the summer sales). I got two really nice formals and she has found a couple of dressey outfits to take as well. At this rate I should be packed by Christmas :crazy:

Take care everybody!!!

Soon we will be :boat:

I was thinking today that this time last year, we were getting ready for our eastern carib cruise. We were flying from WI straight south as (insert correct hurricane name here) was hitting Washington DC.

Isabel. I remember her too well.

Originally posted by TDC Nala
Isabel. I remember her too well.

I knew someone who was there would know. Thanks, Catherine, good to see you lurking! :cool: Sure you don't wanna come along? :wave2: We could probably whip up a AC night....wacky hats and lots of drinks!

Kelli

No problem Jen, we understand, be safe and take care of the necessities.. We will see where Ivan goes. We also stocked up on water and other supplies just incase. Right now it looks like Tuesday Ivan should arrive. We are totally open. Leslie are you here or at home ????

On a sad and interesting note, as we flew in I was amazed at all the blue tarps on roofs here in the MCO area.

Peter , did you send the email???

Off to do Segway this AM.

Scott... Where are you doing the Segway tour? My sister just got back from a visit to Chicago and they did it there. She said it was way too cool. I saw they are starting them in Washington, DC soon.

To Jen and everyone in Ivan's Path,

Stay safe and I hope Ivan stays away. After it passes you, I then have to worry about Ivan going to Tallahassee.

I'll be thinking of you all :grouphug:

Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter