20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott

I got to try the Segways on the Magic last year. Just riding around the sports deck was fun. I bet riding them around a bigger area is even better. Have fun!

Ken

Hi all. Hope everyone stays safe from Ivan.

I found this article on Mouseplanet. It is not real accurate about the itinerary, but the canal part is interesting.

Panama Canal

Sue Holland is a regular at WDW as she visits at least once a month or more from Ft. Meyers and writes a trip report on each trip.

I am so glad we are sailing in May when there is no threat of hurricanes in the Atlantic or Pacific.

Have a great weekend.

Debbie

Debbie, thank you for the link! I loved seeing the pictures. Interesting point that up on deck 9 and 10 might be too high to see what is going on through the locks. May won't be nearly as hot as August either, never mind the hurricanes! That was my main selling point when deciding which transition to take.

The news is now saying the hurricane will bypass south Florida and hit land most likely in the panhandle. I talked to my DD today and the resident hall next to her's has an underground shelter. Her room is on the 9th floor which makes me nervous. Her secondary plan is to evacuate with a friend who lives in Jacksonville.

Stay safe everyone!

Robin

Segway Tour was at EPCOT, fun tooling around the World Showcase. It was interesting; controls were different than I thought. There is a roller switch that turns you, I always thought that it was a “think left, I go left, gyro kinda control”. Just front and back controlled by you center of gravity.

Looks like Ivan is heading out farther into the Gulf, we will see.

Thanks, Peter.... got it.

Debbie, thanks for the link pretty interesting.

Segways are awesome! I want to do the EPCOT tour, but doesn't look like that will happen for a couple years, though. I wonder if they'd let my mil "learn" on a ECV while Keith and I did the Segways? She'd need a LOT of room if she got one. Keith and I will be pushing her for a day before our cruise!

Scott, how many people did the tour? Was it sold out? We did the achitecture tour in Jan 2003, and seeing the World Showcase without 30,000 of our closest friends was a great experience.

Good luck with the weather, Scott! Kelli

There were 10 in our group, and one person dropped out, said there back hurt.

Today as we floated around Cross Country Creek at Blizzard Beach, Lynn surprised me with wanting to do a back to back cruise one of these days. I gotta Love her fro that alone, ......

Scott please dont forget that we must Due the Inaugural Sailing of the Third disney ship...

An anuagural Cruise would Just not Be the Same Without U 2 ...

Lol Peter

Originally posted by Scott H
Lynn surprised me with wanting to do a back to back cruise one of these days. I gotta Love her fro that alone, ......

I said after our first 7 day, I couldn't see going all the way to FL for a 3 day cruise. I'd want to do a back to back and have 7 days on the Wonder. I can't imagine paying what we have to pay for airfare for less than a full weeks cruise. Now, if I could just get the Wonder to stop somewhere other than Nassau......

Originally posted by kellib36
Segways are awesome! I want to do the EPCOT tour, but doesn't look like that will happen for a couple years, though. I wonder if they'd let my mil "learn" on a ECV while Keith and I did the Segways? She'd need a LOT of room if she got one. Keith and I will be pushing her for a day before our cruise!

Hi Kelli
If you're talking about MIL learning on a Disney ECV, give her a break and forget it. Renting one from an off-site vendor will get you a much better ECV, free pickup and delivery, and at about what Disney charges. I used a Disney ECV for half a day and my arm hurt for a week. They are very hard to steer, and very large and cumbersome.....Oh, I could go on and on...Have her practice on a grocery store model at home...they're free.....

Bob, Also how about Barometer Soup, heard it today (9/12) at Blizzard Beach and thought the lyrics would be very appropriate.

Peter, did I miss something about a new ship???? Must search the boards now. Chances are pretty good we would try to be there.

Originally posted by Scott H
Peter, did I miss something about a new ship???? Must search the boards now. Chances are pretty good we would try to be there.

Me too, me too... Did I miss something? You can bet I'd be joining you guys on another inaugural!!!!! :teeth:

No official annoucemnet yet but when it Does happen

Is What We mean ...

Peter

Peter, I understand and we will sure try to be there.

Good to see that Ivan is taking the advise of Horatio Alger and is “going west young man.”

Horatio Alger needs to direct that hurricane a little farther west... for now they predict the landfall a little too close to where my DD is in school.

Robin

Yup. . . My sister lives in Destin and is headed out of there today. I think they will go visit with friends in Tampa. Who knows if that is a good idea. :rolleyes:

moocow35 . . . I sent you a PM.

Morning all.....Jen you doing okay out there? Glad to see Ivan is moving away, but looks like Alabama might get it now, hope everyone is okay there.

Debbie-thanks for the link on Mouseplanet. Last year when we went through the PC on RCCL we were on deck 5 and you could literally touch the sides of teh locks as we were going along!!!!

Anyway, everyone button down the hatches!

Linda

Yeah we're fine, I have the week off due to bad scheduling (I worked like a fiend last week) so I'll be heading up to the parks.. Scott what are you up to?

Here's the latest thread count.. just the top few.. Jindy how could you beat me????
Total Posts: 1,678
User Posts
jin diesel 181
JenKatt 172
Scott H 146
Hygiene99 135
seaulater 114
moocow35 106

I've got alot of posting to catch up. Let's see if this works...I've tried to add my son's picture to my signature. Did it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter