20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DAN said:
So, Peter, do you actually know or...... are you just blowing smoke?
Bill

Hygiene99 said:
The new show is something to do with Cinderella..

Did not know the Official name but about the show. did hear it just could not remember it.. peter

ImprovGal said:
... and apparently is going out like a frozen leg of lamb here in RI. AGH!!!
It's snowing outside and the forecast has my area slated for 8-12". I need some warm weather!!

I can't completely knock my state, though. A few weeks ago I went mall-walking and picked up two formal/semi-formal dresses on clearance for a total of $34. :)

Now if it would only warm up a bit here so I can spend more time walking in the great outdoors instead of the shopping malls. I somehow keep buying clothes under the pretense that they're "for the cruise" as if I didn't already own any garments that could be worn on the cruise. ;)

Figures yesterday it was a beautiful sunny & warm day (well warm for us here in Ontario Canada) so what do I do but wash and vacuum the car. It was all sparkling clean driving to work today and then about 1 pm the "blizzard" started and it is still snowing here and it is bitter cold :cold: . Apparently where I live we will be getting more snow than other areas because it's coming off Lake Ontario and I don't live that far from the Lake. Yippee...more shovelling for me!!!! :sad1:

Come on May!!!!

I too am buying clothes saying they're for the cruise. I now have too many clothes to choose from.

I keep checking....but still no room assignment for me & Mom. I guess we'll be joining Scott, Lynn, Kim & Bette on Deck 4 in the Life Boat Suites. I guess I should be thankful that we'll be on the ship. I don't really care where they put us. We don't plan on spending much time in our room.

Well I went "wine shopping" on Monday night. Spent over 1 1/2 hours checking out all the Ontario wines - mostly from the Niagara Region where I live. After some serious deliberations and recommendations from staff & customers I made my choice and I hope you guys will like it.

Elaine

P.S. Only 51 more days!!!!!!!!!!!

seaulater said:
Alex-I remember running into you and Carolyn on the first afternoon of our 10 day Christmas Cruise as we were coming off the staircase. I loved your denim shirts and about the first question out of my mouth was Have you been posting on the Dis Boards and you said what's that? My DH stood there thinking I was nuts, but after he had such a great time on the cruise, I think he really understand what a "family" we all become. Can't wait to cruise again with you and be dinner mates too!

Linda

Linda, it was interesting that we saw you and Ken around the ship as well as other disboarders. It made it easier to get involved with the disboard. We met so many people on the 10 day cruise, this cruise will give us 14 days to meet people. We still call and visit with people we met on DCL cruises. This cruise will be a visit with 200 or so of our close friends. Alex

Originally Posted by seaulater
Alex-I remember running into you and Carolyn on the first afternoon of our 10 day Christmas Cruise as we were coming off the staircase. I loved your denim shirts and about the first question out of my mouth was Have you been posting on the Dis Boards and you said what's that? My DH stood there thinking I was nuts, but after he had such a great time on the cruise, I think he really understand what a "family" we all become. Can't wait to cruise again with you and be dinner mates too!

Linda
Linda, it was interesting that we saw you and Ken around the ship as well as other disboarders. It made it easier to get involved with the disboard. We met so many people on the 10 day cruise, this cruise will give us 14 days to meet people. We still call and visit with people we met on DCL cruises. This cruise will be a visit with 200 or so of our close friends. Alex

OK Linda, we saw then first. We were at lunch at topsiders and I saw their "first timer" shirts, so I said something along the lines of "you must be on the May Repo cruise also" they said "yes, and we are staying on board for the first west coast cruise as well". I then suggested that they get on the boards and include something about "first" in their ID. I did notice that you were talking to them later in the day. ;)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready for a vacation!!!!!!!

Ken

Okay, my turn to post under my DH's sign on...This is really Kara. Welcome nitrame! I'm glad you jumped in. Sounds like you've been lurking - love it!

Now Ken and Linda, let's not fight over Alex and Carolyn! :grouphug: You two are too funny! :rotfl2:

I had fogotten that Cabo is a tender port. Never had to tender in before - another first!

Okay, back to Survivor...

Cheers, Kara

I have to post to keep us at the top of the list. Also, I like coming up with stuff that you guys don't seem to know. BTW,,, what is a FISH??? Is this a Disser gift that I missed?
Bill :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

A FISH is the letter Holder on the outside wall of you stateroom used for Delivery by Dcl Staff and others on the Ship ...

UPDATED LIST( 3/25/05) FOR SCRAPBOOK GIFT BAG SWAP & COUNTED CROS-STITCH CLASS

Scrapbook gift exchange & Counted x-stitch class

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

Here is the list for those that have already signed up for the Counted Cross Stitch class and for the Scrapbook gift exchange. The more the merrier, for all the classes & gift exchanges.... PM with your info and we will get you all signed up...If I missed you just yell at me in an e-mail and I will add you to the list.

SCRAPBOOK GIFT BAG EXCHANGE $ 20.00 VALUE

(The exchange will be the time the Scrapbook class is given.)

bettemom
bonzie 1
charwac 1
I12go2wdw
Wrabitdad
Mickey&JoshNut
kellib36
krDisneybound
moocow35
q's my princess
epjenk
spros (sheri)
Videogal1 & Cash
AZ Pirates
Disney Pin Diva
Seaulater
Anxioustotravel
FAST43

COUNTED CROSS STITCH CLASS ( same time & place as the scrapbook class)

ALL SUPPLIES WILL BE PROVIDED, NO COST, I BELIEVE YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO STITCH A PRETTY "LITTLE" GIRL IN GREEN WITH A WAND

IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND BOTH SCRAPBOOK & CROSS STITCH, GO TO SCRAPBOOK 1ST. BETTE WILL BE GLAD TO STAY AFTER AND HELP GET ANYONE ELSE STARTED ON THE PROJECT

hmrgang
serena 6010
Pappy
bettemom
krDisneybound
moocow35
spros
AZ Pirates
Bonzie1

3DAN said:
I have to post to keep us at the top of the list. Also, I like coming up with stuff that you guys don't seem to know. BTW,,, what is a FISH??? Is this a Disser gift that I missed?

We didn't want you to know what a fish was - & then when you saw it, you would think you were the special one. Now it won't be a surprise. Dang !!!!

I AM ON DIAL-UP AND GOING ABSOLUTELY :crazy:

GOOD MORNING - :banana: :wave2:

Welcome aboard nitrame , you will find folk here to be very friendly and helpful. Keeping up is pretty easy by simply checking Peter’s most excellent updates. Reference all the cult comments just remember – don’t drink the Koolaid, sorry my dark humor side could not resist. “If we couldn’t laugh we would all just go insane.”

I am with you Ken, I need a vacation……..

I have downloaded some charts to my GPS so we are all set to navigate.

DCL reservation site show Cat’s 4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12 available. Funny they don’t list the Life Boat Suites.

krdisneybound said:
We didn't want you to know what a fish was - & then when you saw it, you would think you were the special one. Now it won't be a surprise. Dang !!!!

I AM ON DIAL-UP AND GOING ABSOLUTELY :crazy:

GOOD MORNING - :banana: :wave2:

OK, now that the Fish has been figured out,
Do You think we should tell them about the Propeller?:confused3

:earsgirl:Or how about that first Flush
..... and you thought taking the air seat on ToT was a big fun. :earseek:

seaulater said:
Tender only....no dock space for big ships!

Not sure how it will be in Cabo San Lucas but when we went to Cozumel several years ago, there were vendors on the tender going to and coming back from the port. It was amazing to see how much the merchandise had been discounted on the way back to the ship. :earboy2:

kpros said:
Hi nitrame

Inquiring minds want to know more. Like name, rank and serial number. Just kidding, name will do for now.

Welcome aboard and join the fun.

Ken
Ken,

Well I go by E, I am going on this cruise with DH, DD (1/2) and our dearest friend. She is the biggest disney nut BUT has never done the Disney Curise thing. Should be fun for her.

E

3DAN said:

Hey, Bill

Check out the pics of the stateroom doors at cast awayclub.com (leave out the space between cast and away...)

I told DH last night that I had signed us up for the DIS list and that he was not the only "reluctant" spouse. He just laughed at me- but then his next question was "Are you sure they aren't swappers?" :love: I don't know if that would make him more or less comfortable with the DIS concept. :rotfl2: Kidding! He has lurked on here quite a bit when we were getting ready for our two Wonder cruises. Heck- we wouldn't even have known about the repo cruise if we hadn't been lurking the boards to get ready for our May 2004 cruise. We are from the South and as the saying goes "You've gotta dance with the one that brought ya." So, DIS'ers- we shall waltz through the canal with you.

:dancer:

kpros said:
Originally Posted by seaulater

Linda

OK Linda, we saw then first. We were at lunch at topsiders and I saw their "first timer" shirts, so I said something along the lines of "you must be on the May Repo cruise also" they said "yes, and we are staying on board for the first west coast cruise as well". I then suggested that they get on the boards and include something about "first" in their ID. I did notice that you were talking to them later in the day. ;)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready for a vacation!!!!!!!

Ken

Yeah, you are right. I never did make it to Topsiders that day, but the rest of the family gorged. I was on deck six being all creative. I had to decorate 4 stateroom doors like big huge gifts with bows for those grandkids. And then I started this trend that spread throughout the ship. You should have seen me smiling when I saw other cruisers coming back on the ship in Key West with Christmas paper they had purchased and then sitting up and down the hallways decorating their doors! But it was that annoying talking Santa down the hallway that took deck 6 over the top. Thank goodness someone took it away and "hid it" until the end of the cruise!

No official "door decorating" for me this cruise! (Well.......I do have a couple of little things planned for themed days!)

Linda

meb51 said:
Not sure how it will be in Cabo San Lucas but when we went to Cozumel several years ago, there were vendors on the tender going to and coming back from the port. It was amazing to see how much the merchandise had been discounted on the way back to the ship. :earboy2:

When we were on Royal Carribean May 2003 on PC cruise and stopped in Cabo, there were no vendors on the tender boats. I doubt DCL would do that just for insurance liability reasons. (On second thought....if DCL made a cut on what they sold..................that's another story!)

Linda :rotfl: :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter