• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 Weeks of Disney Dining on the DDP - Oh My!

Day 8 - MK Day

We ate a combination garden grocer Beach Club Marketplace breakfast. We got bagels, yogurt parfaits and ham and cheese croissants from BC Market place with our snack and counter service credits.

Lunch: Kids wanted to go back to Columbia Harbor House. We all had the same as last time - can't get enough of the tuna sandwiches there. Upstairs is so nice and peaceful, especially if you go early.

Dinner: Tonight we were doing the Fantasmic Dining Package at Hollywood Brown Derby. We'be done all the FDPs and Brown Derby is definitely our favorite. I had the crab cake and filet and DH had the caesar sald and grouper. Both were fantastic. I had the grapefruit cake (one of my all time favorites) and DH had the flourless chocolate cake which he said was fabulous. We had a really good waiter and while we were eating a "Hedda Hopper" type player came over to our table and interviewed the kids. They loved it - she said she was looking for gossip and they were more than willing to supply it - told that dd liked a boy in her class and that dh is a terrible snorer! She played up the part and the kids ate it up. We had a great meal and a great time. Afterwards we headed over to Fantasmic and got the seats we like best - right in the front row up against the water.

Rating:

Food - 5
Service - 5

The birthday cake you had was it the one for 12.50? I was told I could get one when we go to LIberty Tree Tavern for our sons 8th bday.

The birthday cake you had was it the one for 12.50? I was told I could get one when we go to LIberty Tree Tavern for our sons 8th bday.

We had two different birthday cakes - one at Coral Reef was vanilla and done with fondant in a Finding Nemo theme - I think it was $37.50. The other one we had at YC was a chocolate mickey head cake and it was $45.00. We had a slightly different chocolate mickey head cake for dd's birthday in January at Crystal Palace - I think it was the same price but I liked it a little bit more. HTH.

Love your reviews, we are heading down in October and this will be our first visit to the Princess Storybook Breakfast. And I am very anxious to try the tuna sandwiches at Columbia Harbor House.

Day 9 - Rest Day

Today was a planned rest day. The kids were going on the Albatross Cruise at 9:30 so we let them sleep in. They just nibbled on some cereal and juice and then headed over to the cruise. It was so convenient - our room was on the 1st floor really close to the marina so we just stepped out of our room and there they were! DH and I headed over the BC Marketplace - he got the yogurt parfait (snack credit) and I had the ham, egg and cheese croissant and got two juices (counterservice credit) for both of us. Nice relaxing breakfast!

The kids ate on the Albatross Cruise (uncrustable pb&js) but everyone ate lunch at Hurricane Hannah's later.

We had ADRs for Nine Dragons but no one felt like Chinese food that night so we cancelled. We thought we would just eat around WS but somehow it didn't work out for us - a lot harder with kids than it would seem. We were going to go to Sunshine Seasons since they have something for everyone but DH stopped at Garden Grille since we had never eaten there and asked if they were taking walk-ins. They were and we were seated within 5 minutes! I was really surprised at how good the meals was - salad, turkey with a cranberry relish, catfish, flank steak, really good potatoes and a vegetable. The kids got a platter with chicken strips and macaroni and cheese and they wre happy. DH and I had the berry puff pastry dessert which was delicious - kids had decorate your own cupcakes so they were in 7th Heaven. We would definitely eat there again. Oh I forgot to mention the rolls were really good too - almost as good as LTT!

Rating :

Food - 5
Service - 4

Subscribing..... I can't wait to try the tuna sandwich at CHH. I know that sounds crazy with all the incredible places we plan on going but I'm really excited about that tuna!:lmao:

I miss those tuna sandwiches right now - and they are on a really good multi-grain bread.

Day 10 - AK DAY, BBB

Kids had breakfast in room courtesy of garden grocer.

Lunch:

Pizzafari

This was the first time we tried Pizzafari, we usually eat at Tusker House when we are in AK. We had eaten at Tusker House earlier in the week and we were near Pizzafari so we decided to give it a try. DD2 and DS split a cheese pizza, DD1 had the chicken parmesean sandwich, I had the Italian sandwich, we got an order of breadsticks for the table and DH muched on everyone's leftovers. Everyone got the frozen lemonade for dessert which came in handy as it was really hot outside that day. Kids said the pizza was good (I never eat pizza outside of the Northeast so I wouldn't agree) my sandwich was really good - it was topped with a caesar salad and DH and other dd said the chicken sandwich was pretty good. Breadsticks were a good use of the snack credit and tasted pretty good too. All in all we were glad to tried Pizzafari especially since our favorite, Tusker House, will be changed by our next trip.

Rating:

Food - 4

Girls went to BBB and had a ball. DH took ds shopping at WOD store and also stopped at the Margarita Stand in DTD. DH swears they are the best margaritas in all of Disney.

Dinner:

1900 Park Fare

This is probably my favorite buffet in terms of food alone. All the choices were really good - especially the strawberry soup, prime rib, and pasta of the day. Loved the mini key lime pie desserts also. Everyone raved over the buffet and we saw Suzy, Perla, Fairy Godmother and Cinderella. Somehow Prince Charming missed our table and we were too worn out to wait for him. It wasn't really a big deal since we eat at 1900 Park Fare every trip so the kids had met him before. Still if it was our first time the kids would have been disappointed. Kids got the specialty kids drinks with the glow ice cubes but none of them actually liked the drinks. Next time I would just order sprite with the ice cubes. I had some kine of tropical drinks (can't remember the name) and it was good! All in all one of our favorite meals. The only problem eating there was that I got "homesick" for GF and the monorail resorts! Now I know that next trip we have to go back to either GF or the Poly and this summer we have to do at least a split stay between GF or Poly and YC!

Rating:

Food - 5
Service - 4

OK,DisneyMomx7. What is so good about this tuna sandwich? I only eat tuna sandies at home because I don't like them out and the kids and I LOVE tuna. Please do tell, what makes it do good?

I'm not sure - the tuna tastes like high quality. Its also not loaded with celery and onion filler. In fact I don't think there was any celery or onions at all! The bread is also really good - its a multi-grain with a good crust. You just have to try it for yourself to see what I mean. Its our traditional first lunch at MK - even the kids really like CHH.

Did the children enjoy the Abatross Treasure Cruise? It sounds like great fun.

I'm not sure - the tuna tastes like high quality. Its also not loaded with celery and onion filler. In fact I don't think there was any celery or onions at all! The bread is also really good - its a multi-grain with a good crust. You just have to try it for yourself to see what I mean. Its our traditional first lunch at MK - even the kids really like CHH.

Thanks I'm going to have to check it out. I only eat a sandwich if it's on good bread so the description of the bead alone sold me.:thumbsup2

Hmm- glad to hear you did the 8:30 PSB- do you recall how lkong the whole meal took?

You make tuna sound delish! I too only eaty it at home but might make CHH our MK Lunch!

Thanks for sharing:goodvibes

Hmm- glad to hear you did the 8:30 PSB- do you recall how lkong the whole meal took?

You make tuna sound delish! I too only eaty it at home but might make CHH our MK Lunch!

Thanks for sharing:goodvibes

We were one of the first people who signed in at the podium and we were out by 9:15. HTH.

DAY 11 - MK Day

Breakfast: Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace Breakfast is definitely one of our favorites and a "must-do" for us. We always book the earlies opening (8:05) so we can eat and be out before park opening. We had a really good server (can't remember her name) and the kids had a good time with the parade and characters. Food was delicious - mostly old favorites - pooh and tigger waffles, omelets, potato casserole, tons of fruit, bacon, sausage etc. We're not big breakfast lasagna fans although most people really seem to go for it.

Service - 5
Food - 4

Lunch:

We had such a big breakfast that we really didn't feel like lunch - so we just had some funnel cake, iztkadoozies and mickey bars for lunch!

Dinner: Chef Mickeys

Again one of our favorites and a "must do". We always get the picture package so we can compare our "through the years photos" of the kids. I was disappointed that they no longer give you the magnet pictures. We have all of them on our refrigerator and I love looking at how much the kids have grown since the first time we took them there (2003!). On well, we still go the pictures. We didn't have a very long wait (despite bad bus transportation from YC, we were about 15 minutes late for our ADR because we waited 45 minutes for a bus from YC to MK). We only waited about 10 minutes - just enough time for DH to get him and I a drink from the lounge. Character interaction was great and DS got to join in the birthday celebration since we were celebrating his 7th birthday this trip.

Food was delicious as always - especially the parmesean mashed potatoes and the mickey ravioli. We ate everything - and still made room for dessert. Very good mini cheesecakes and mini key lime pies. Kids loved the little mickey head oreos and make your own sundaes! DS had a birthday cupcake, but was too full to eat it, so his sisters helped him out. We left stuffed but happy.

Rating:

Service - 3
Food - 4

DAY 12 - Blizzard Beach

We went to AM EMH at BB so we had a quick breakfast in the room. Thanks to garden grocer and counter service credits at BC Marketplace everyone was happy!

Lunch: Lottawatta Lodge

THis was a good pick for cs at BB. Kids had their usual - chicken strips, hot dogs and burgers. I had a burger with fries and it was pretty good. DH had the turkey sandwich and was happy. Adults were able to come back with their receipts for ice cream. DH and I gave ours to the kids, and one dd used a snack credit so they were happy.

Rating: 4 (for cs)

Later on the Dh and the kids had snow balls and said they were really good.

Dinner: Restaurant Marrakesh

We've been there before and kids get a kick out of the belly dancer. We've always had really nice servers and this time was no exception. I had the beef rolls (can't remember the right name for these right now) and the lemon chicken. Both were delicious. DH had the salad and the chicken couscous and thought they were both really good. I had the crepes for dessert and DH had the morrocan pastries. We were glad we had come back. We don't eat here every trip, usually every other and the kids were happy to be back.

Rating:

Service - 5
Food - 3 1/2 (not great, but better than average)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter