1ts credit steak dinner?

happymomof1

DIS Veteran
With so many good restaurants being 2 ts credits now, where is left, if anywhere for a really nice classic steak dinner with 1ts credit? Even lunch at Le Cellier is 2now. So disappointed....

I actually had a really good steak at Tony's last September. And I also had a pretty good one at the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs. Neither one was huge but I did not leave the table hungry.

I have been to Tonys, but not Turf Club. Was looking to find that classic steakhouse feel. Le Cellier, yachtsmans and brown derby all have that same ambience, but are all 2ts credits.

What's Turf Club like? Also, which are nicest 1ts credit in Epcot? Le Cellier has been widely known as a great one to get into for years, which are close second? Chefs de France? Anything 1ts on the boardwalk?

On our last trip my DH and son & stepson had steak almost every night. They were all 1 TS credit meals.

We went to T-Rex. DH said the T-Bone he had at T-Rex was the best steak of the entire trip. He loved it. The boys had the NY Strip and they both said theirs was very good too.

They also had steak at House of Blues at Downtown Disney, Rainforest Cafe also at DTD and Olivia's at OKW.

IMO, Turf Club and Maya Grill have excellent steaks, both are 1 table service credit.

Wow-- sounds like we will have to check out some places that will be new to us at wdw! Thanks for the info on restaurants! I really hadn't thought about T-Rex, Rainforest or the hotel restaurants. We're always in "go mode" when it comes to eating at Epcot, that we sometimes forget to branch out and try a new place. I love to see the different hotel grounds, so this could be fun.

We had good steaks at Rose & Crown and Coral Reef (DH got a bad steak at Coral Reef and sent it back and the second one was very good - mine was very good from the start!)

Can't wait to try the steak at BOG!!

BTW did you know you can get a steak with a CS credit at the counter serve place in America in EPCOT (I forget the name - I think its Liberty Inn?)

BoG steaks were good. Both cooked as ordered. Loved the place! The best steak we had in Nov was MM. Again cooked as ordered and a nice cut. Trex was another great steak. First one was too well done for DH (would have been perfect for me) after cutting into it the server told him it was not med rare and took it away immediatly. DH prob would have accepted it and eaten it but....the next one was perfect. Really tasty!! DH also got a good steak for lunch at CR. DH also likes the steak at Chefs. For a steakhouse 'feel' maybe Chefs it is a little more fancy? If that is what you mean.

Yarna said:
IMO, Turf Club and Maya Grill have excellent steaks, both are 1 table service credit.

Maya Grill has surprisingly good food period. I don't understand why it doesn't get more attention.

We had good steaks at Rose & Crown and Coral Reef (DH got a bad steak at Coral Reef and sent it back and the second one was very good - mine was very good from the start!)

Can't wait to try the steak at BOG!!

BTW did you know you can get a steak with a CS credit at the counter serve place in America in EPCOT (I forget the name - I think its Liberty Inn?)

LOVE Coral Reef and the world Showcase restaurants! Haven't been to Rose and Crown in many years, Ill have to check out their menu. (a CS steak in the America pavillion? I had no idea! We are definately looking forward to checking out a sushi CS meal from Katsura next time as well)

BoG steaks were good. Both cooked as ordered. Loved the place! The best steak we had in Nov was MM. Again cooked as ordered and a nice cut. Trex was another great steak. First one was too well done for DH (would have been perfect for me) after cutting into it the server told him it was not med rare and took it away immediatly. DH prob would have accepted it and eaten it but....the next one was perfect. Really tasty!! DH also got a good steak for lunch at CR. DH also likes the steak at Chefs. For a steakhouse 'feel' maybe Chefs it is a little more fancy? If that is what you mean.

BOG looks amazing! I've checked the dates we are wanting to go, and they have no openings. No surprise there, it's so new. Oh well....
Anyway, yes I get what you mean about Chefs and it being fancier. It's gorgeous inside! I do like the ambience of Disney's classic steakhouses...all the dark wood, dim chandelier lighting, hearty breads on the table. Le Cellier! Ugh-why did they change it to 2?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I see we have a lot to choose from. I think I'll have to go through the Disney menus a little more carefully and choose a few new places to try. (one place we'd like to try is the Clam bake at BC. No, not for steaks but to try the seafood . Looks good and Cape May is usually so nice for breakfast)

Best steak we have ever had at WDW, 1 or 2 credits was at Mama Melrose last year. It was just perfect. We have also had a good steak at Coral Reef a few trips ago.

What's Turf Club like? Also, which are nicest 1ts credit in Epcot? Le Cellier has been widely known as a great one to get into for years, which are close second? Chefs de France? Anything 1ts on the boardwalk?

Turf Club is at SSR and has that dark wood and brass steakhouse feel which is a good thing as steak and seafood are about it with a little chicken thrown in on the side.

The steaks are delicious and Turf Club is one of our favorite restaurants at WDW and it also has a excellent bar and wine cellar as well.

Its located in the Carriage House at SSR at the far end and you will enjoy your steaks!

Turf Club is at SSR and has that dark wood and brass steakhouse feel which is a good thing as steak and seafood are about it with a little chicken thrown in on the side.

The steaks are delicious and Turf Club is one of our favorite restaurants at WDW and it also has a excellent bar and wine cellar
as well.

Its located in the Carriage House at SSR at the far end and you will enjoy your steaks!
Thanks for the info! This sounds right up our alley! Something about the dark wood, white linens, a glass of wine that really make a nice steak house stand out from other places. I appreciate the info and look forward to trying it. We've never been to that resort, so it will be a double first.

I had no idea about the steak at Liberty Inn! I had to check out the menu to see it for myself. :rotfl: It's a small steak, but would definitely work as a lunch for me. Has anyone tried it?

We just ate at Turf Club last weekend and I was less than thrilled with the Prime Rib. It was just ok. I am admittedly a total steak snob and I would not return there for that entree' again.

I have had amazing steaks at Be Our Guest and Tony's recently. Coral Reef seems to be hit or miss with their steak.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter