***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

I think this is why they don't give the chewey steins out until after the buffet is done :rotfl:. everyone is gonna think I'm a pig going up there with my dinner plate sized paper plate but honestly this is what I call "amortizing the overhead." I am not making multiple buffet trips. I'll grab a plate of stuff and then enjoy the company lol. I will try to get black plates so we are less obvious. I can sell any extras to other people, lol.

I guess I should start making a packing list now!

If there's multiple of us with big black plates people won't think we're pigs. They'll be thinking "Where the heck did they get those bigger plates?" and be utterly confused and super jealous.

I want to post my plans now that my FPs are made, but I am going to meet someone for lunch so it'll have to wait until maybe this evening. I actually found another part-time farmer at my huge engineering company and I want to buy some pigs and lamb from her. At least if I'm not talking Disney, I'll take an opportunity to talk my 2nd favorite topic...farming!

Hopefully the Times Guide that they hand out in the parks will have the AK EMH. We will be going to AK in the evening. Do you want info on the restaurants, too?

I edited to add another request lol.

I am pretty sure they do if I remember correctly. I wish all of the online sources got their stuff straight. It does not really impact our PLANS one way or the other (unless primeval whirl is NOT open but if triceratop spin isn't it's ok)... just helps me set expectations with the kiddo.

ALSO if you can snap a photo of the current Oasis Canteen (in DS near indiana jones) menu... it appears that they changed it back to funnel cakes from their brief foray into chicken nuggets if you look at the disney website menu but allears hasn't updated since June. A snapshot would also let me know what counts as snacks on DDP. I would appreciate it if you are there and think of it!

Sure, I can take pictures of menus. I just need to double check how to post it to the Dis without it being huge.

I edited to add another request lol.

I am pretty sure they do if I remember correctly. I wish all of the online sources got their stuff straight. It does not really impact our PLANS one way or the other (unless primeval whirl is NOT open but if triceratop spin isn't it's ok)... just helps me set expectations with the kiddo.
Got it. :)

my first blush comment is that is a lot of characters all at once and DD is going to get bored waiting in line after line after line.
so I would do Joy/Sadness/baymax first which say takes an hour at most and then I'd do soarin'/land/behind the seeds. I LOVED behind the seeds when I took it but have doubts how much kiddo would like it - I seem to remember it being a longish tour (half hour or so) So say it takes you an hour to do characters then an hour to do soarin' and living iwth the land, that puts you right at 11am for check in for 11:15 behind the seeds which dumps you out at sunshine seasons right in time to do an earlyish lunch, which will be good after earlyish breakfast. with 3 meals in the day you probably don't want two of them to be huge anyway.

then i would FP+ the character spot for 11:45-12:45. it is a LITTLE bit of zig zagging because you have to go back through the center of the hub but not a lot. Then I would FP+ figment for 12:45-1:45 and FEA 1:45-2:45 and do figment and pixar shorts before heading to mexico and norway.

I think you are not getting out much before 3:30 if you do this though. I'm not sure what time you wanted to leave before dinner and how much time out of park you wanted to spend.

if you wanted to cut I would cut behind the seeds and that moves everything back by at least 45 minutes. The problem is you'd probably be too early for lunch at sunshine seasons, however both mexico and norway have lunch QS options you might want to consider. OR to be honest everything is so close in that area you could do soarin' first, then figment and pixar, then the character spot, then back to the land for livin' with the land and lunch. Future world is pretty compact if you are doing things all on one side IMO.

So I guess that's just something to think about.

I would not take the time (and energy) to walk to the FP+ location for illuminations if you are staying at BC and exiting the park through international gateway. the bridge is my favorite spot to watch Illuminations from.

for day 2 I would not pair PPO akershus with illuminations the night before. I would do the brunch and give yourselves flexibility to do anna & elsa beforehand or if you don't do it after. If you do brunch at 10:30 you might want to do a late lunch at around 3ish so DD is fed and happy for the kids club. Tangierine Cafe is hands down my favorite QS in epcot so I am on board with that. Morocco is an excellent illuminations viewing spot as well, or if you really want to do the FP+ spot you may want to do it tonight when you're not dragging a tired little girl with legs half your length around.
Sounds good. Maybe what we'll do is on day 1 turn it around. DD actually asked about Behind the Seeds tour but I am totally ok with cutting it. I am thinking the Joy/sadness/baymax will be done by 10am and then if I FP character spot I can be done there by 11am. Then head to Soarin and have lunch (11:30am?) then The Land. FP Figment as you mentioned for 12:45 (just to give us time - if we're early we'll do Pixar first) and then head to mexico and Norway. I'm not hung up on eating at Sunshine seasons but I feel like the options are better for DD there (we'll probably just eat sweets in Norway :)) Then FEA FP for 1:30pm or so and the Meet and Greet either before or after. I think we can be out by 3pm and then we can return for 5:30pm for dinner. We might be even able to meet Alice in the UK as it's on the way out of the park and maybe Belle in France when we go back in.

For day 2 then , we'll go to brunch (I was leaning towards this) and aim for a FEA FP around either 10am or 12 noon with M&G fit in whereever it works. Then we can go to China for Mulan, walk through Germany (Snow White) and snack), while making our way back to IG. We can likely skip Mulan and Snow White if they show up at Akershus (but my money is on Mulan not being there). Then we'd minimize character waits!

Awesome thank you so much for input, now going to update my document before I forget it all!

wait does Future world close at 7pm still?
Some rides like Ellen's Energy Adventure close early, but other rides are open until park close.

Rides that close at 7pm
Ellen
Pixar Film Festival
Circle of Life
Figment and ImageWorks
Innoventions
Living with the Land

I found a list here:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/

ETA: this gives the EMH hours, too, if you search on a day that has EMH
I just found this out. ;)
And some of the rides that close early on a regular park day are open late for EMH.

Last edited:
We leave bright and early tomorrow morning for our one-week beach trip down in Gulf Shores, AL. I'll be spending most of today getting everything packed, the house cleaned, and taking my FIL to his monthly doctor visit. So I'm sure I'm going to get behind on reading again. But I can catch up on the 5.5 hour drive down tomorrow!

My husband's sister loved it so much in the Gulf Shores and Pensacola area that she and her husband moved down to Bon Secour two years ago. They got married on Pensacola Beach 4 years ago so at least I got to see the area for a few days.

Have a great trip!! :beach:

We leave bright and early tomorrow morning for our one-week beach trip down in Gulf Shores, AL. I'll be spending most of today getting everything packed, the house cleaned, and taking my FIL to his monthly doctor visit. So I'm sure I'm going to get behind on reading again. But I can catch up on the 5.5 hour drive down tomorrow!
Aw, I love Gulf Shores! I used to go every year in high school and a lot of college with a group of friends and one of the girl's parents. SO NICE OF THEM to take on 5 teenage girls! My absolute favorite thing was to go to Lambert's in Foley and catch rolls! :D

Some rides like Ellen's Energy Adventure close early, but other rides are open until park close.

Rides that close at 7pm
Ellen
Pixar Film Festival
Circle of Life
Figment and ImageWorks
Innoventions
Living with the Land

I found a list here:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/

ETA: this gives the EMH hours, too, if you search on a day that has EMH
I just found this out. ;)
And some of the rides that close early on a regular park day are open late for EMH.
so they close and open back up again or just stay open?

We just got back from our trip to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach! Enjoy your trip!!

What days are the Star Wars fireworks scheduled to display? Is it Wednesdays and Saturdays?

I think I finally got my plans summarized.

Sunday 11/27 (no WDW parks)
Universal Studios in the AM
Taxi/uber to BWV early afternoon
Disney Springs?
Resort bar crawl with appetizers

Monday 11/28 (AK Day)
8:00am Wild Africa Trek (includes breakfast)
FP Kali River Rapids (11:30-12:30) for 12:00pm
FP Expedition Everest (12:30-1:30) for 12:40pm
Y&Y ADR at 2:30PM
FP Kilimanjaro Safari (5:00-6:00) for sunset
Hopefully ROL and extended hours, then probably Flame Tree QS dinner
Need to plan a backup dinner around 7:30-8:00pm (AKL maybe?)

Tuesday 11/29 (MK/EP Day)
EMM at MK (includes breakfast)
FP Big Thunder Mountain (12:10-1:10) for 1:00pm
FP Splash Mountain (1:10-2:10) for 1:15pm
Pecos Bill QS lunch around 2:30pm
FP Jungle Cruise (2:30-3:30) for 3:00pm
Leave MK around 4pm for EP via monorail
Le Cellier ADR at 7:35pm

Wednesady 11/30 (EP/MK Day)

RD Epcot (Soarin)
FP Spaceship Earth (9:50-10:50)
Garden Grill ADR at 12:00pm
FP Mission Space (1:05-2:05) for 1:40pm
FP Frozen Ever After (4:20-5:20) for 5:00pm
Leave EP around 6pm for MK via monorail
Looking for BOG or CRT dinner around 7ish
Wishes at 10pm

Thursday 12/1 (MVMCP Day)

Sleep in
Disney Springs
Need to plan a lunch around 2pm (MK area resort or Disney Springs?)
FP Space Mountain (3:30-4:30)
FP Peter Pan (4:30-5:30)
FP Big Thunder Mountain (5:30-6:30)
QS dinner
Parade, CTM, Wishes

Friday 12/2 (HS Day)

RD HS (RnR & ToT)
FP Toy Story Midway Mania (10:00-11:00) for 10:20am
FP Frozen Sing Along (12:00-12:15) for 12:30 show
Hollywood Brown Derby F! ADR at 1:55pm
FP Tower of Terror (5:05-6:05) for 5:45pm
F! at 7pm
Need to plan a dinner around 8pm (Flying Fish?)

Saturday 12/3 (the "idk *** I'm doing" day)
RD AK in the morning? TH breakfast ADR if so
If no AK, RD EP
EP early afternoon, snack around the world showcase
FP Rock N Roller Coaster (3:30-4:30) for 4:15pm
FP Tower of Terror (4:30-5:30) for 4:20pm
FP Indian Jones (5:30-5:50) for 6:00 show
SW fireworks dessert party?
Need to plan a dinner

Sunday 12/4 (MK/EP Day) Our last day :sad:
RD MK w/o FPs
Haunted mansion is priority
Need lunch in MK or EP? Monorail resort?
Head to EP via monorail
FP Spaceship Earth (4:30-5:30)
FP Mission Space (5:30-6:30)
FP Frozen Ever After (6:30-7:30)
Need a TS dinner planned in EP

I have a question about park hours (maybe @Lisa F knows since you are my Disney knowledge hero!). I've noticed that October park hours were adjusted a lot by Disney. On most days that don't have EMM the Magic Kingdom opens at 8am and extra magic hours are from 7-8am. I know I may sound weird in saying this, but I hope they don't do that for December. Getting to the park by 8am will be hard enough for us, but to try and be there by 7am would be IMPOSSIBLE for my family, LOL! Plus it would really screw up our PPO ADRs!

Is October particularly busy? Is it because of food and wine? It doesn't appear that they did the same in October of last year.

It looks that park hours were only extended last year starting December 16th.

Oh gosh did you ever hear the urban legend about the house in that ride?
I don't think so? There was a reddit post about that house - but we have to walk through it every day before the ride opens so the story fell apart quickly for me!

I do know the upstairs 'bedroom' had to be themed because they realized you can see into it from Garden Grill and maintenance guys were napping there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter