***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

you don't need a FP+ for flights of wonder but it is a great show. We took kiddo when he was 6 months old and my ex volunteered for that show and ended up being chosen. I have some cute pics. Also the character interaction was great in AK, I think shorter lines too. I have a pic of him grabbing onto mickey's nose and then laughing hysterically a frame later.

Triceratops spin is another dumbo ride in AK. Also highly recommend festival of the lion king. Lots of great music, HUGE animal puppets (think life size elephants etc) and acrobatics and music. My kiddo was not so into shows at all last time (couldn't really pay attention that long) and was enthralled and it is on his requested list to do again.

AK has EMH the morning we are going so we are going to make a beeline to dinoland and let the kid ride those rides (dinosaur, triceratops spin, primeval whirl) as much as he wants for 45 minutes or so then we'll go to the safari and use a 9am FP+ and then right after that go to our TH 9:45 breakfast.
Sounds like a good plan but for DS it would only be triceratops spin... Still not too sure about shows at AK but I would probably try flights of wonder if we have time. I'm so sad that the boneyard opens at 10am still! Was hoping we could do that earlier in the morning. :) Great tips overall though. I really need to get a handle of park days and touring... Might not have enough AK and DHS... I have 2 half days set aside only right now...

This is totally off topic, but last night I was showing DH some of the attractions in the parks since the last time we went, and he got so excited when he saw the Jedi training he's like "Ohhh, does that cost extra, I want to do that!" He was so disappointed when I told him it was for kids. He said he's going to "escape" from me and go sign up for it anyway....so if anyone at HS in early December sees a large 6'2 man in Jedi Training Academy, it's just my ridiculous husband!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

WHEW! Just read thru 30 pages of this thread. This thread moves so quickly! Saw there was a lot of chat about SDFP which for the life of me I cannot wrap my head around....it's fine don't try to explain to me, I'm content with my one MB with the three FP choices and any additional on the day.

I hit 92 days today!! Time is flying! Package is almost paid off, still have to get Memory Maker as well as waiting for that darn Star Wars Dessert Party! I will be so relieved once it's all paid off! Then it's just souvenir money! I'm one of those people that thank god for the Dining Plan. I MUST PRE PAY FOR AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Not a saver, in any sense of the word!

This is totally off topic, but last night I was showing DH some of the attractions in the parks since the last time we went, and he got so excited when he saw the Jedi training he's like "Ohhh, does that cost extra, I want to do that!" He was so disappointed when I told him it was for kids. He said he's going to "escape" from me and go sign up for it anyway....so if anyone at HS in early December sees a large 6'2 man in Jedi Training Academy, it's just my ridiculous husband!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:
That is so cute! :rotfl2: At least he's looking at attractions with you! :cheer2:

Oh for crying out loud. My h&v breakfast now has no value. I wonder if I should switch? Trying to remember how much h&v breakfast is. The emm is 69 aduldts ? For kids?
It still has value if you would prefer to do the character meal and be there right at RD rather than paying for EMM. You will be able to sign up for Jedi Training along with the EMM people at half the price.

It still has value if you would prefer to do the character meal and be there right at RD rather than paying for EMM. You will be able to sign up for Jedi Training along with the EMM people at half the price.
Agree with this. Apparently, EMM is a small group of people who does not really impact the sign up.

@Lisa F Huge :hug:!! I know it's incredibly challenging, but try to remember your son will eventually see the big picture and you are going to become even MORE endearing to him because of it. My DD17 has had the pieces put together for years and my DS14 is starting to...and I never had to say a word. Kids figure these things out. :) He's going to know who was there for him in all those "responsible" ways (that very, very long list!) and that will eventually come to matter to him, even though it might be hard to believe that right now. Just keep swimming, you'll see! :fish::flower3:

Dear Disney:

WE NEED **ALL** TIMES/HOURS/EVENTS ANNOUNCED FOR DECEMBER! PLEEEASE?

Have a Magical Day!
1st Week of December Thread

Oh my gosh you guys...WHEN WILL WE KNOW?! lol I'm really getting antsy about some things!! I just want to enjoy our obsessing frustration-free!!

He actually asked to look at my Excel spreadsheet because he wanted to know where we would be each day! I think he got frustrated because there are still so many "what-ifs", but it is what it is!
is he an engineering type? if he is tell him they are not "what-ifs" but they are "if-thens". If not I got nothin' :)

@Lisa F Huge :hug:!! I know it's incredibly challenging, but try to remember your son will eventually see the big picture and you are going to become even MORE endearing to him because of it. My DD17 has had the pieces put together for years and my DS14 is starting to...and I never had to say a word. Kids figure these things out. :) He's going to know who was there for him in all those "responsible" ways (that very, very long list!) and that will eventually come to matter to him, even though it might be hard to believe that right now. Just keep swimming, you'll see! :fish::flower3:
Thanks :) I was just having a pity party for 1 this morning. I got a postcard today from the kiddo and he signed it "I love you." not sure if his father made him but the rest of the message was perfunctory enough that maybe not lol. I just miss him so much even though I am appreciating the break and fewer responsibilities. Still have not spoken to him since thursday, his father is not being super cooperative. maybe tonight.

Dear Disney:

WE NEED **ALL** TIMES/HOURS/EVENTS ANNOUNCED FOR DECEMBER! PLEEEASE?

Have a Magical Day!
1st Week of December Thread

Oh my gosh you guys...WHEN WILL WE KNOW?! lol I'm really getting antsy about some things!! I just want to enjoy our obsessing frustration-free!!

I know! I'm in a Disney ADR search funk right now and I think the uncertainty of hours is contributing to it. I am thinking that people are holding on to more ADRs because they just don't know!

I think it's just not loaded yet but that's great!!! Maybe they would update MK as well... :)

Yep, the only one I'm interested in (possibly) is MK. I'm actually surprised they're extending it at DHS as I was under the impression it wasn't selling as well there as it has at MK.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
My kids DS14 and DS 17 are equally disappointed!! My DD is quite short barely 5' . She thinks she can pass for 12.

So they'll be there right along with your DH!

Yes, at 5' she should be fine! Maybe my DH can try "walking" on his knees to see if they'll let him do it! Hahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter