• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st Trip (of many!) as Mr. & Mrs.--the TR-- UPDATE 9/9: Life Update--We're Moving!!

Whew! Long :-)thumbsup2) update, so I have lots of comments!!

1. I can't believe y'all rode the green side on Mission Space!! Orange team rules! :yay: Seriously, though, spinning rides do me in too (Teacups...:sick:). But on M:S you can't even tell you are spinning, so it doesn't bother me if I take Dramamine, which I take every day while I'm there anyway. Does the green side just shake and stuff??

2. The picture of Michael with the Test Track sign is awesome! :rotfl:

3. Turtle Talk with Crush looks SO cute! I can't wait to do it this year, we didn't do it on our honeymoon because we were more focused on riding rides since we were only in Disney for 4 days. And love the pic of y'all holding your breath on Nemo! Cute...

4. Strawberry Shortcake!! Looks DELICIOUS! Must. Have.

5. I can't stand HISTA! I love the original movie, but the 3-d show freaks me out. I have to leave my feet on the seats when they let the rats out, and take off my glasses for the snake. They could do something way cooler, because there's no way kids like that attraction. They have probably never seen the movies, and it's just plain scary for little kids!

6. :lovestruc Figment

7. The games and stuff all look so fun! Hopefully we have time to try some of them too.

8. Love the Legacy! That's so awesome that y'all did that, and that you were able to find it! What an amazing memory & way to make yourself part of Disney World forever!

Needless to say, loved the updates, and as always, ready for more! :goodvibes

Everytime we tried to play a game at SE, there's always a bunch of selfish HOGS playing!!!!!! I'm definately playing one this time, even if I have to kick and scream!!! ;)

Hi Staci! I am finally getting around to posting...LOVE the updates and photos so far! :thumbsup2 (the one you took in the reflection of the Journey into the Imagination pavillion is really cool!). You guys sound like so much fun with your silly faces and excitement - I love it! Mmm...that strawberry shortcake looks amazing -- may have to try that next time... ;)

Your picture of the Strawberry Shortcake from Sunshine Seasons nearly made me cry. It's one of my FAVORITE treats in all of Disney and we adore Sunshine Seasons.

It looks like you 2 had a very productive morning/afternoon at Epcot. Maybe someday we'll actually stop and play some games at SE. Usually, we just exit the ride and keep on going to our next destination. I can't wait to hear more!

Wow! Long update - but super fun! Glad that Michael finally got to ride Test Track! It looks like you had so much fun around Future World. The nemo ride is so cute..plus a nice break from the heat. The lunch you had at Sunshine Seasons looks yummy! I've never done lunch there but we always enjoy breakfast there while waiting for our FP to Soarin' to become valid. Your update makes me want to go back right now! I haven't done HISTK in a while either, the rats portion always freaks me out. I loved the movie when it came out though. Can't wait to see what you do later in the day!

Best update ever!! Thanks for giving us such an insite into your EPCOT morning!

Where to start?

Can't WAIT to ride Test Track. Such a cute backstory for your DH! hehe. I am sure he LOVED it!

We are quite fond of Turtle Talk w/Crush. It is such a cute show, even if you dont have kids yet!

Lunch @ Sunshine looked great as always.

We LOVED Spaceship Earth. We had never been on the old one, so I can not compare, but it is one of our absolute EPCOT favorites. Loved the ending as well. Also, I showed my DH about the Legacy Room and the pic of you and your Dad. Can you still take pics and leave them there? He loved that idea and it kind of made him sad that you were 15 in the pic and are now on your first trip with your DH. haha He DOES NOT want our daughter to grow up ;)
What a great memory!!! I am sure you are SO glad your Dad did that.

I CANT WAIT to see what you guys do next. Again, LOVING the report!

Yay for Michael finally getting to ride Test Track!!! You guys got a lot done!

Looking forward to more!

Denise

Thanks for reading, Denise! :goodvibes He was SO excited to finally ride it--and he loved the ride! We were so lucky that the lines were pretty much non-existent. We got soo much done! :thumbsup2

Oh geeze girl, you did a big update! Okay..where to start...

Eeekkk...Mission Space scares me.

That worked out so good that you were able to get TT fast passes. I can tell that he was so excited to finally ride it. That's so awesome you got your TT photo for $1!

Aw Nemo. This ride/line is so cute. So great that it was practically a walk on.

Ooh yay you ate ate Sunshine Seasons! You know it's my fave at Epcot.

Aw, I love the Jammitors! Last year, we were at the Electric Umbrella and could see them performing through the window. They were even entertaining without even actually being able to hear them!

Well, I think you've convinced me to look around the games when you get off SE!

So cool you found your pic with your dad!

Haha--yeah, I had some time on my hands and decided to just get a chunk done! :upsidedow The Orange Side scares me, but I can usually handle the Green one... It's not in my favorites group though. I'm so glad TT was on our first day, b/c he'd been wanting to ride it for SOOO long! I just love how everything is so perfectly themed... Yep! I knew it was your favorite! We LOVED it! :thumbsup2 We watched the video of them a few nights ago, and I just sat there with my mouth open--those guys are great! You HAVE TO play the shuffle ball energy game!! It's so much fun! Honestly, SE games were some of our favorite things in all of Epcot :thumbsup2 Thanks--I loved finding it!

Whew! Long :-)thumbsup2) update, so I have lots of comments!!

1. I can't believe y'all rode the green side on Mission Space!! Orange team rules! :yay: Seriously, though, spinning rides do me in too (Teacups...:sick:). But on M:S you can't even tell you are spinning, so it doesn't bother me if I take Dramamine, which I take every day while I'm there anyway. Does the green side just shake and stuff??

2. The picture of Michael with the Test Track sign is awesome! :rotfl:

3. Turtle Talk with Crush looks SO cute! I can't wait to do it this year, we didn't do it on our honeymoon because we were more focused on riding rides since we were only in Disney for 4 days. And love the pic of y'all holding your breath on Nemo! Cute...

4. Strawberry Shortcake!! Looks DELICIOUS! Must. Have.

5. I can't stand HISTA! I love the original movie, but the 3-d show freaks me out. I have to leave my feet on the seats when they let the rats out, and take off my glasses for the snake. They could do something way cooler, because there's no way kids like that attraction. They have probably never seen the movies, and it's just plain scary for little kids!

6. :lovestruc Figment

7. The games and stuff all look so fun! Hopefully we have time to try some of them too.

8. Love the Legacy! That's so awesome that y'all did that, and that you were able to find it! What an amazing memory & way to make yourself part of Disney World forever!

Needless to say, loved the updates, and as always, ready for more! :goodvibes

1. Haha--we're REALLY wimps when it comes to spinning stuff. We enjoyed the Green side, and I don't think there's any chance in us trying Orange! 2. Thanks! He was excited! 3. You have to see Turtle Talk!! It is hilarious :rotfl: 4. Yes! It's great! :thumbsup2 5. Haha--that's funny! I actually left my feet down this time (first time ever!) and it wasn't that bad. But I agree it's in need of an update. 6. Me too! 7. They were one of our favorite parts of Epcot! You have to try them! 8. Thanks! I'm so glad we did it :goodvibes Thanks!!

Everytime we tried to play a game at SE, there's always a bunch of selfish HOGS playing!!!!!! I'm definately playing one this time, even if I have to kick and scream!!! ;)

Stink. They're SOOO fun! You need to just stand there until they leave because they are great! :thumbsup2

Hi Staci! I am finally getting around to posting...LOVE the updates and photos so far! :thumbsup2 (the one you took in the reflection of the Journey into the Imagination pavillion is really cool!). You guys sound like so much fun with your silly faces and excitement - I love it! Mmm...that strawberry shortcake looks amazing -- may have to try that next time... ;)

Hey Emma! How's everything? You've already moved, haven't you? I hope you're loving it!!! :goodvibes Thanks--it's been a lot of fun posting all of them! Thank you! We could just see our reflection so clear. Haha--yeah, we love just being silly and having fun! And you have to try the strawberry shortcake :cloud9: Michael doesn't even really like strawberries, and he loved this!

Your picture of the Strawberry Shortcake from Sunshine Seasons nearly made me cry. It's one of my FAVORITE treats in all of Disney and we adore Sunshine Seasons.

It looks like you 2 had a very productive morning/afternoon at Epcot. Maybe someday we'll actually stop and play some games at SE. Usually, we just exit the ride and keep on going to our next destination. I can't wait to hear more!

Sorry--I didn't mean to make you almost cry! Have you tried to find the recipe? They probably don't have it, but if they do... :thumbsup2 We did! I can't believe we got so much done. You HAVE TO try the SE games--they are so, so much fun! They were one of our favorite things in all of Epcot!

Wow! Long update - but super fun! Glad that Michael finally got to ride Test Track! It looks like you had so much fun around Future World. The nemo ride is so cute..plus a nice break from the heat. The lunch you had at Sunshine Seasons looks yummy! I've never done lunch there but we always enjoy breakfast there while waiting for our FP to Soarin' to become valid. Your update makes me want to go back right now! I haven't done HISTK in a while either, the rats portion always freaks me out. I loved the movie when it came out though. Can't wait to see what you do later in the day!

I'm so glad he did too!! He's been waiting way too long :thumbsup2 We had a blast! It was so fun actually being in a park! You should for sure try lunch at Sunshine Seasons--there's so much to choose from, and it's all really yummy! :) Is the breakfast good? My update makes ME want to go back right now too! :laughing: I actually didn't think the rat part was that bad. It's Tough to be a Bug freaks me out more! Even though it wasn't necessarily to plan, we had a lot of fun the rest of the day too! :thumbsup2

Best update ever!! Thanks for giving us such an insite into your EPCOT morning!

Where to start?

Can't WAIT to ride Test Track. Such a cute backstory for your DH! hehe. I am sure he LOVED it!

We are quite fond of Turtle Talk w/Crush. It is such a cute show, even if you dont have kids yet!

Lunch @ Sunshine looked great as always.

We LOVED Spaceship Earth. We had never been on the old one, so I can not compare, but it is one of our absolute EPCOT favorites. Loved the ending as well. Also, I showed my DH about the Legacy Room and the pic of you and your Dad. Can you still take pics and leave them there? He loved that idea and it kind of made him sad that you were 15 in the pic and are now on your first trip with your DH. haha He DOES NOT want our daughter to grow up ;)
What a great memory!!! I am sure you are SO glad your Dad did that.

I CANT WAIT to see what you guys do next. Again, LOVING the report!

Aw, thanks so much Katie! That means a lot :goodvibes I'm glad you liked it! Oh, you will LOVE Test Track! It's super fun without being scary. I'm so glad Michael finally got to ride it! :thumbsup2 We're for sure doing Turtle Talk twice next time--we laughed so hard! Have you all played the games at the end of SE? The shuffle ball one is so much fun--your kids (and you and your DH) would love it! I'm pretty sure you can't actually Leave a Legacy anymore. I think it was just for a little while. I'm glad we actually got to go to WDW when they were doing it. I can't wait to show our kids someday! Aw. I can only imagine what it's like to be a dad with a little girl! Yes--I'm SO glad we did it together (at first, I was just going to do it on my own). You'll like what we did next! ;) Thanks!

Great update!

It's been years since I've been on Mission Space. I'm not a huge fan of that ride and Joe doesn't like it at all, spinning or not spinning, so we never go on it.

People don't like the Nemo ride?? Why?? I think it's super cute!

I agree about the Kodak commercial at the beginning. I almost don't want to go on Honey I Shrunk The Audience because of it. It's too long!

Can't wait to read more! :)

Test the Limits looks fun! I didn't even see that! All the things I did see in Innoventions looked kinda boring, but I would like to go see that!!

Isn't Test Track great? I LOVE that ride!! It's so fun! That's so cool about getting your picture for a dollar! I wonder if they did that because they probably don't sell a lot of pics there since its the only one on Photo Pass? :confused3 That's so awesome though!!

Glad you guys like Turtle Talk!! I LOVED it! Its one of my favorites!

Your guys future was too cute! I loved it. I don't think I've ever seen that one before! I didn't stop and play the games there either, but your report made me want to do them!! (At both Spaceship Earth and Figment!!)

Can't wait for more!! Love your legacy tile too, by the way!

Great update! You have some awesome pictures. :thumbsup2

Sounds like you guys are getting to do lots of stuff! I love Test Track & Figment! The one time I rode the Spinning side of Mission:Space is was most definitely fun! It gives you this rush feeling that the other one doesn't quite match. I'm just as happy riding the green side with everyone else though! We've never eaten at Sunshine Seasons, but it looks like I'll be adding that one to my list, too! I hope you made it Club Cool for some Beverly!

Oh my gosh your Spaceship earth pics are SO funny!! I definitely need to spend more time playing with the games in there next time. Your lunch looked yummy! Dbf and I are big on sharing too, that way we have an opportunity to try more food :rotfl:
:thumbsup2 to Test Track, one of my favs! And I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that still holds their nose on "the stinky" part on Figment! :goodvibes

Great couple of updates. We loved sunshine seasons, they had about a billion desserts to choose from, it was so hard!!!

Nice work getting primo seating for Soarin', we actually lucked out with that our first time too.

Can't wait to hear more!

Great TR so far! I love that you found that photo of you and your Dad!

Can't wait for more!:goodvibes

Great update!

It's so cool that when your just there as a couple you can get so much done. A lot of the fun little stuff you guys did, had to get skipped on our trip.

But of course, guess we'll just have to go back again some time. (Also -- LOVE the picture you took under the Imagination building)

Great update!

It's been years since I've been on Mission Space. I'm not a huge fan of that ride and Joe doesn't like it at all, spinning or not spinning, so we never go on it.

People don't like the Nemo ride?? Why?? I think it's super cute!

I agree about the Kodak commercial at the beginning. I almost don't want to go on Honey I Shrunk The Audience because of it. It's too long!

Can't wait to read more! :)

Thanks Jenny! MS was ok. It's definitely not a "Must Do" for us from now on, though. I know!! I think Nemo is super cute too! People have said that it's slow and boring... :confused3 Oh my goodness, that commercial is horrible! Thanks--I'll have more in the next few days!

Test the Limits looks fun! I didn't even see that! All the things I did see in Innoventions looked kinda boring, but I would like to go see that!!

Isn't Test Track great? I LOVE that ride!! It's so fun! That's so cool about getting your picture for a dollar! I wonder if they did that because they probably don't sell a lot of pics there since its the only one on Photo Pass? :confused3 That's so awesome though!!

Glad you guys like Turtle Talk!! I LOVED it! Its one of my favorites!

Your guys future was too cute! I loved it. I don't think I've ever seen that one before! I didn't stop and play the games there either, but your report made me want to do them!! (At both Spaceship Earth and Figment!!)

Can't wait for more!! Love your legacy tile too, by the way!

Test the Limits was ok. We actually liked a lot of the other stuff better (I'll get to it in my next couple of posts). It had a lot of really cute stuff. You just have to take a little time and figure out what stuff is. :upsidedow YES! We LOVED TT! I don't know why they had the "name your price" thing going on. But it stinks that it's the only one on the FP CD, and we actually bought it. Oh well. Yeah, Turtle Talk is sooo fun! Thanks! We laughed at our future. Our faces were horrible! :rotfl: You REALLY need to do the games at the end of SE--they are great! Thanks--it was fun seeing it again :goodvibes

Great update! You have some awesome pictures. :thumbsup2

Sounds like you guys are getting to do lots of stuff! I love Test Track & Figment! The one time I rode the Spinning side of Mission:Space is was most definitely fun! It gives you this rush feeling that the other one doesn't quite match. I'm just as happy riding the green side with everyone else though! We've never eaten at Sunshine Seasons, but it looks like I'll be adding that one to my list, too! I hope you made it Club Cool for some Beverly!

Thanks so much!! We got a ton done. It really helped that it was a slow time of year (at that TGM had such accurate ratings on the days!). We loved those too! Really? We *might* have to give the orange side a try. I don't know if we could handle it, though. Sunshine Seasons is really yummy--and there's something for everyone! We'll see ;)

Oh my gosh your Spaceship earth pics are SO funny!! I definitely need to spend more time playing with the games in there next time. Your lunch looked yummy! Dbf and I are big on sharing too, that way we have an opportunity to try more food :rotfl:
:thumbsup2 to Test Track, one of my favs! And I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that still holds their nose on "the stinky" part on Figment! :goodvibes

Haha! Thanks--we didn't know it was taking the picture then :rotfl: Yes, you and your Dbf would love it! Especially the shuffle energy thing. We didn't share all the time, but we did when we knew we'd have a really early dinner or something like that. We both eat too much to share all the time! :laughing: TT was so great! And I'm not putting myself through the "torture" of smelling that if I don't have to! :thumbsup2

Great couple of updates. We loved sunshine seasons, they had about a billion desserts to choose from, it was so hard!!!

Nice work getting primo seating for Soarin', we actually lucked out with that our first time too.

Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks so much! It was really, really hard to choose our dessert, but I'd heard some great things about the strawberry shortcake, so Michael let me get that (even though strawberries aren't his favorite). It was SO good! Thanks--aren't they just perfect seats?! I'll hopefully have more in the next few days...

Great TR so far! I love that you found that photo of you and your Dad!

Can't wait for more!:goodvibes

Thank you!! I'm so glad we found it. I wanted to look for it my last trip, but I didn't know they had that spot where a CM could give you the location. I'll find it every trip now! :thumbsup2 I'm excited to write more!!

Great update!

It's so cool that when your just there as a couple you can get so much done. A lot of the fun little stuff you guys did, had to get skipped on our trip.

But of course, guess we'll just have to go back again some time. (Also -- LOVE the picture you took under the Imagination building)

Thanks John! Yeah, we were shocked at how much we could get done. It was so different from the last time I was there (we had little kids with us). But it's also so great to see kids' reactions to everything... :goodvibes YES! Yall will for sure have to go back and try to do the little things you didn't get to this time! Thanks--I just looked up, saw us, and decided to snap a pic! :thumbsup2

Before I start this post, I forgot to include our Test Track photo from our Photopass CD! We received our Photopass CD a few weeks ago, but our gallery CD just came in last night. And oh my goodness, those pictures are incredible! :lovestruc

Anyway, here’s our TT photo!

Image016.jpg

……………………………………………………………………………………..

When I left you last, we had just finished a very, very productive/VERY fun morning and afternoon at Epcot Future World.

At this point, we were definitely in need of a break. The only problem was, it was already 2:15, and we had dinner reservations for 4:00 back at Epcot. We didn’t really want to gamble with the bus system and timing issues and things like that, so we decided instead to visit another resort.

We hopped on the Epcot monorail to the TTC (our first monorail ride of the trip!),

099TTCMonorail.jpg

100TTCMonorail.jpg

and then waited a few minutes to catch the ferry to the Magic Kingdom.

101TTCFerry.jpg

We could see the Magic Kingdom from the dock!

102Ferry.jpg

Within a few minutes, our ferry had arrived!

103Ferry.jpg

We both really loved our relaxing ferry ride. It was a perfect way to take a break without going back to our resort. The breeze was fantastic, and the view was wonderful! :goodvibes

104FerryPoly.jpg

105FerryGF.jpg

107FerrySpaceMtn.jpg

108FerryContem.jpg

At 2:40, we pulled into the Magic Kingdom

109FerryMKnew.jpg

And then……..we got in line for the ferry to………………………………………………

The Grand Floridian! :woohoo: Neither of us had ever seen inside this resort, but we’d heard such great things about it. Katie (BippityBoo) had told me that we had to visit it, and I was really excited to just explore for a little bit.

Before long, our ferry had come to pick us up. I just loved this boat—it was so cute and little. And it made for a great ride!

110GFFerry.jpg

Continued

Continued from previous

Soon, we saw this

112GFFerrynew.jpg

And then we were docking next to this :thumbsup2

113GFnew.jpg

We were at the Grand Floridian! We got out and started taking pictures. It truly is a gorgeous resort.

114GF.jpg

115GF.jpg

We found the main lobby, and I loved all of the intricate details. I felt like I was stepping back in time.

116GF.jpg

120GF.jpg

117GF.jpg

118GF.jpg

119GF.jpg

122GF.jpg

121GF.jpg

123GF.jpg

But as much as we liked experiencing all of the “fancy atmosphere” for a while, we both agreed that the Grand Floridian isn’t for us. It is definitely beautiful, but it just didn’t fit our personalities very well. It’s a little too fancy for us.

Nonetheless, it was a great way to just relax and take some time off. And it has such a different feel from the business of the parks… We really enjoyed our time there! :goodvibes

After we’d explored and taken pictures for a while, we decided it was time to catch the monorail back to Epcot.

124Monorail.jpg

We took the monorail to the TTC, and caught the Epcot monorail from there. I’m so glad we rode the monorail to Epcot, because we got to go around the loop and see Epcot from a different angle!

124EFWMono.jpg

125EFWMono.jpg

126EFWMono.jpg

127EFWMono.jpg

128EFWMono.jpg

We arrived at Epcot at 3:45, and hurried to check in at our first table service restaurant of the trip—

Coral Reef! :yay:

129CoralReef.jpg

Up Next:

What would we think of our dinner?
Where were we seated?
A few more hours of Epcot Fun!
Nighttime entertainment at Magic Kingdom!!

I agree with you 100%. The GF is BEAUTIFUL but I can't picture myself staying there. I feel like I would break something lol. It's just too over the top fancy!!

Can't wait to see what you thought about Coral Reef. We went there a few years ago and enjoyed it but thought the portions were pretty small. We were still hungry when we left!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter