1st Trip (of many!) as Mr. & Mrs.--the TR-- UPDATE 9/9: Life Update--We're Moving!!

You don't sound hick!! You should hear the people talking in the town I went to college in. :rotfl: Actually your voice sounds just like I expected it to after seeing so many pictures of you, if that makes sense?! Y'all should pitch yourselves for a show on the Travel Channel!! :goodvibes

Oh my goodness, y'all are too cute! I barely even heard an accent. Such fun to watch the videos. It was almost like getting to "meet" you in person. haha.

Those Marshmallows look FANTASTIC. Wowwww. I really can't wait to make one soon. haha

I'm glad to hear your good report on WPE. We're planning on hitting it when we go there. That alfredo pasta looks divine!

Hey there!

I've been behind on reading TR's, but finally got caught up on yours. Trip through day 1 sounds great so far!

Some comments as I caught up:

a) Cheddar's -- we've got one in Norman, OK now...near the new SuperTarget.
b) Tutti Fruitti -- was that in Dallas area? Where is that? Looked so yummy.
c) Africa map in your room. I really like that map....want a room with a cool Africa map sometime!
d) Murals in the Mara -- ?? -- I was in the Mara several times and was completely oblivious to those murals. I was either busy trying to figure out what food to get with our credits and then just staring up at the Disney shows on the TV once I sat down. LOL
e) Disney Kisses poster -- We love that poster, too.....which is why we have one at home!
f) Wolfgang Puck Express -- TOTALLY AGREE! Best QS restaurant in Disney.
g) Drapery & Gifts. Before I read your comment, I saw the picture and did a mental double-take...what did that say? Looking closely the 2nd time, I noticed the D at the beginning. Man...that looked bad for a minute. LOL

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip and how you ran into a really cool guy at Kidani one day. (haha, j/k)

You don't sound hick!! You should hear the people talking in the town I went to college in. :rotfl: Actually your voice sounds just like I expected it to after seeing so many pictures of you, if that makes sense?! Y'all should pitch yourselves for a show on the Travel Channel!! :goodvibes

Haha! Thanks! I've been told I do...so I was just warning everyone! :upsidedow We would LOVE to be on the Travel Channel...wouldn't that be the life?!

Oh my goodness, y'all are too cute! I barely even heard an accent. Such fun to watch the videos. It was almost like getting to "meet" you in person. haha.

Thanks! We love making videos of stuff so our family and friends can feel like they were there with us! :thumbsup2 Haha--well, nice to meet you!

Those Marshmallows look FANTASTIC. Wowwww. I really can't wait to make one soon. haha

I'm glad to hear your good report on WPE. We're planning on hitting it when we go there. That alfredo pasta looks divine!

I didn't taste the marshmallows--he put too much chocolate on there for me--but mine was incredible!! He loved his too :thumbsup2 Oh gosh, you have to eat there. It's the best CS ever!!

Hey there!

I've been behind on reading TR's, but finally got caught up on yours. Trip through day 1 sounds great so far!

Some comments as I caught up:

a) Cheddar's -- we've got one in Norman, OK now...near the new SuperTarget.
b) Tutti Fruitti -- was that in Dallas area? Where is that? Looked so yummy.
c) Africa map in your room. I really like that map....want a room with a cool Africa map sometime!
d) Murals in the Mara -- ?? -- I was in the Mara several times and was completely oblivious to those murals. I was either busy trying to figure out what food to get with our credits and then just staring up at the Disney shows on the TV once I sat down. LOL
e) Disney Kisses poster -- We love that poster, too.....which is why we have one at home!
f) Wolfgang Puck Express -- TOTALLY AGREE! Best QS restaurant in Disney.
g) Drapery & Gifts. Before I read your comment, I saw the picture and did a mental double-take...what did that say? Looking closely the 2nd time, I noticed the D at the beginning. Man...that looked bad for a minute. LOL

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip and how you ran into a really cool guy at Kidani one day. (haha, j/k)

Hey! It was a super great Day 1!!

a) We saw it on Friday (last week)--how awesome is that!!! We LOVE the crescent rolls!!
b) Tutti Frutti is in Hurst. But the Orange Tree and the Lemon Tree are both in OKC or Moore (I don't know where...look them up). And Pink Swirls is in Edmond. I've been to the Orange Tree and it's REALLY great! (I think it's by 1st Baptist Moore)
c) Awesome map!
d) Haha--the murals are ALL over the walls. I can't believed you missed them!
e) oh wow!
f) YUM!
g) It's awful. I can't believe they haven't made them change it!!
Haha--YEP. Can't wait to read about how you ran into a really cool girl and guy at Kidani! :thumbsup2

You've got me all excited now!!!! We're staying at Kidani Village in 26 days. :dance3: My mom and I ate at Boma last year, and I vowed that we would stay there this year, and we are!!! And I could have stayed at BLT, nope, AKV...

Really enjoying your TR!!!

I loved the videos!! Such a great way to capture where you stayed!

You guys are so cute! Our accents sound a lot alike (I was raised in Southwest Louisiana--close to Texas). Except, I am a bit more twang I think :rotfl:

CANT WAIT to see your first day at the parks!! Oh, and good news...we booked the Wilderness Lodge today!! Woohoo! I will explain later on my PTR!

I keep meaning to watch the videos. I can at work but I don't want anyone sneaking up behind me and busting me if I do! :rotfl:

Aw loved the videos! So great to hear your voice! :)

Thanks! :goodvibes

You've got me all excited now!!!! We're staying at Kidani Village in 26 days. :dance3: My mom and I ate at Boma last year, and I vowed that we would stay there this year, and we are!!! And I could have stayed at BLT, nope, AKV...

Really enjoying your TR!!!

YAY! You're going to love it!! :woohoo: That is so exciting. I don't know if we'll ever be able to stay anywhere else! :thumbsup2 Thanks so much for reading!

I loved the videos!! Such a great way to capture where you stayed!

You guys are so cute! Our accents sound a lot alike (I was raised in Southwest Louisiana--close to Texas). Except, I am a bit more twang I think :rotfl:

CANT WAIT to see your first day at the parks!! Oh, and good news...we booked the Wilderness Lodge today!! Woohoo! I will explain later on my PTR!

Thanks Katie! Hehe--that's fun our accents sound the same :upsidedow I have some really good friends from LA and I just LOVE their accents. I'll post about our first day today!! I'm excited to finally get to it! YAY!!!!! :yay: That's SOOO exciting! Congrats. I'll go and check out your update. :thumbsup2

I keep meaning to watch the videos. I can at work but I don't want anyone sneaking up behind me and busting me if I do! :rotfl:

Haha! I know what you mean :rotfl: But thankfully everyone in my dept does, so if I get busted, everyone will because they'll catch all of us at once!

I love all of your updates! I can't wait to hear about your first day in the parks. I got a rice krispy treat made too and I had to pay OOP, they girl said they changed it two weeks before we were there. I got a marshmallow made to mostly because I wanted the straw. That was covered under the DDP. I agree with you wanting to put your tree up Nov. 1st. I told my DH last night that if I wasn't having people over on Nov. 1st the trees would be up. So I might do it the weekend before Thanksgiving. I keep my trees up for a while though too. I just love Christmas so much!

I love all of your updates! I can't wait to hear about your first day in the parks. I got a rice krispy treat made too and I had to pay OOP, they girl said they changed it two weeks before we were there. I got a marshmallow made to mostly because I wanted the straw. That was covered under the DDP. I agree with you wanting to put your tree up Nov. 1st. I told my DH last night that if I wasn't having people over on Nov. 1st the trees would be up. So I might do it the weekend before Thanksgiving. I keep my trees up for a while though too. I just love Christmas so much!

Thanks! It's coming up soon--today or tomorrow! :thumbsup2 Hm...that explains things. It stinks we had to pay OOP, but I'd gladly do it again because it was AMAZING!! Michael finally agreed to put it up the weekend before Thanksgiving instead of after it. So I'll keep my fingers crossed and slowly push it up a weekend at a time! :thumbsup2

Before I start this update, I have a quick side-note. I went to see Mary Poppins this past weekend in Dallas. Oh my goodness—it was incredible!!!! :love: I could go on and on and on about it, but let me just say, if you get the chance to see it, DO! The sets and the talent and just everything was fantastic. I’ll try to upload some pictures and do a little installment about it soon (but no pics of the actual musical…it’s a big no-no).

We have finally arrived at Day 2—Monday, September 21

Since we’d gotten to bed fairly early and we were SOO excited to finally go to a Disney World Park, we woke up before our alarm (again!). It was supposed to go off at 7:00, but we woke up at 6:45 instead. We stayed in bed until “Under the Sea” went off, and then we got up and got ready for the day.

Let me note here that we were really looking forward to relaxing on the balcony and possibly eating our breakfast or putting on our shoes or something while we watched the animals in the morning.

Well, I opened up the balcony door and just about lost it. I literally started gagging and had to run to the bathroom just in case I lost it. :sick: Michael had no clue what was going on, and when I finally regained enough composure to tell him that the balcony smelled like crap (literally), he made fun of me. He went out to prove that it didn’t smell that bad, and rushed back in holding his face. I’m telling you, it was BAD!!!

We didn’t know what was going on (we found out later in the trip that it was merely the fertilizer that they put on periodically—not the actual animal poop) but we were NOT going to be putting on shoes and definitely NOT eating outside that morning!!! :eek:

We grabbed breakfast (M=Pop Tarts, S=Special K cereal bar) and headed down to the lobby at 7:50. We found the mail room (off the lobby in the back-Left) to mail our postcards and were at the bus stop by 7:55.

Here’s the awesome AKL pop machine on the way to the busses:

001AKLBusStop.jpg

There were only four people waiting for our bus, but there were a TON for Animal Kingdom since they had EMHs (PS. I don’t understand why people go to EMHs if they’re going to arrive half-way through it. Oh well.). We ate our breakfast while we waited.

Our bus arrived at 8:10, and we pulled into Epcot at 8:25.

We were finally at a Disney Park!!! :yay: We were SUPER excited! :woohoo:

Here’s our first shot of “The Big Ball”

002EFWEnt.jpg

Michael took this one so you could see the Ball and the Epcot sign

004EFWEnt.jpg

Since we arrived so early, we zipped through the bag check (we both had to go through it ever time since Michael carried our backpack, and I carried my purse) and we were 3rd and 4th in line at the turnstiles! :thumbsup2

006EFWWait.jpg

This was the view in front of us:

007EFWWait.jpg

And I took this while we were waiting.

005EFWEnt.jpg

We had to wait for quite a while, but we entertained ourselves by talking about our “plan” and watching the cute kids playing in line. There was one adorable little girl who was wearing a Minnie hat that was about 3 sizes too big for her. She was so cute!

When they came by to let us in around 8:45 (I think), my ticket wouldn’t work. Oh no. I stuck it through about 5 times, and then a CM came and tried to help me. It wasn’t reading it!! At this time, I was freaking out inside since I’d bought them from an authorized Disney Ticket Distributor online instead of actually getting them from Disney. Finally, after about 15 tries and rubbing it on the metal and her clothes, the ticket worked!! I think it probably just had some lotion on it or something. :confused: Who knows. I’m just glad it worked!

We hurried in and headed to the right to be ready to walk to Soarin’ as soon as they dropped the rope.

008EFWWaitbw.jpg

009EFWRope.jpg

Before long, we saw our Soarin’ friends come to the rope!

010EFWRope.jpg

And then look who came out! Mickey and Minnie!

011EFWRope.jpg

012EFWRope.jpg

We let some kids in front of us so they could see Minnie better. They were soo adorable!

013EFWRope.jpg

Continued

Continued from Previous

After the little opening celebration, we rushed with all of the other millions of people to The Land Pavilion.

014EFWRope.jpg

I let Michael go in front of me since he was going to grab some FPs before we rode.

Look at all those people pouring in!

015EFWSoarin.jpg

Yay! He’s second in line for the FP machine!

016EFWSoarin.jpg

Michael grabs FPs and we head to the line. It was still a complete walk-on. We walked right to the place where they point you to the line you’ll be in.

017EFWSoarin.jpg

018EFWSoarin.jpg

Guess where we were! Middle Section, Front, Middle Seats!! :cloud9: How perfect is that for our first ride at Walt Disney World?!

020EFWSoarin.jpg

Our ride over California was fantastic. We both loved it. Michael had never ridden it before, and he was really impressed. Yay! I knew he would love it! We were off of the ride by 9:30.

I decided to check the FPs to see when we would be eligible for another set, and it said they were invalid. :scared1: What?! Oh…silly me. The last time, our park tickets were on our KTTW cards since they were a package. So we used our room keys for the FP machines (or at least that’s what was in my mind—is that how it works?). Since Michael had never used a FP machine, he was going on what I said. So I gave him our room keys to use on the FP machine, and they obviously didn’t work. :upsidedow

Oh well. We weren’t upset. Even though it would have been neat to ride it again, our seats were so perfect this time that we didn’t think it could be equaled or topped.

Our plan was to head to the Seas Pavilion to ride Nemo and then see Turtle Talk with Crush (or vice versa, whatever worked better with the Turtle Talk time). After that, we’d head to Test Track to get a set of FPs, and then go to the Imagination Pavilion. We’d finish up there, get FPs for Mission:SPACE, ride Test Track, check out Innoventions, and then ride Mission:SPACE. After lunch, we’d do whatever we hadn’t done already and fit in Club Cool and Spaceship Earth. When we were finished, we’d head back to AKL to relax, and then catch dinner back at EFW and go to Magic Kingdom for the evening entertainment.

Well, Soarin’ was the first and last thing we did according to our plan that day! :laughing:

Up Next:
What will our (un-planned) plan be for the rest of the day at Epcot Future World?!

OMG, how fabulous is Mary Poppins? I saw it maybe a month after it opening in NYC and LOVED it. How great was "Step In Time???"

Did you get to every park for opening? ;) Can't wait to read more!

Thanks for posting those videos! I loved watching yall give the tour of your AKL room! You & your hubby are too cute and I love your voice! :)

YAY for perfect seats on Soarin'! The front is definitely the best row and how cool that yall were in the middle!

How exciting! Your first park! So..we've never used the WDW phones to set an alarm..what are the choices? popcorn::

Ew...too bad you had to smell that!

Yay! The Big Ball! :laughing: We call it 'the ball' too.

Nice job getting to Soarin'! Aw man, too bad the fast pass thing got mixed up for you guys. But yay for a walk on!

Yay!!! Awesome update. The poo smell outside made me laugh out loud(sorry--I know it made you miserable!!) :rotfl: Much needed...I had a LONG day. So, thanks:lovestruc

Also, I may just be tired, but I didn't get what happened with the fastpasses? Did you use the wrong thing to retrieve one (like a room key instead of something else)? Sorry, just went over my head! I want to make sure you can teach me not to do whatever it was :lmao:

I also found it funny that you call it a Pop machine. We call it a Coke machine (hehe). I am SO enjoying your TR so far. You capture all of your moments so well, and give GREAT tips. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter