1st Cruise! (PTR) Dec 2015 Very MerryTime on the Disney Wonder

Thanks! I'm trying to get all the crazy planning done before the cruise with the hope of relaxing and going with the flow on the cruise. I feel like first day we need to take care of items at Guest Services but hopefully after that easy livin!

I was watching your thread - lurker caught! :scared1:
I have enjoyed your trip report and I really like the dolls in the pics feature!
I'm glad you had been following along! I welcome any comments and/or questions! I've been using my pictures from my phone, but will post separately for Mickey Jack and Minnie Sally! :thumbsup2

Hi and welcome to planning for our first cruise ever! I'm less than 1 hour away from our 75 day check in date (!) for our 7 Night Bahamian Very Merry Time Cruise Dec 11 - 18 out of Galveston and decided to start a thread to capture all the planning!

Our little party consists of me :earsgirl: (Dayna), my husband :earsboy: (Rob) and our little girl princess: (Evie), who is 4. I've been a Disney fan for a long time though I've only been to WDW for a short weekend. DH went a couple times to WDW when he was younger and is excited to go back with the family someday.

There is some debate as to whether that means when Evie is closer to 6 or 8. This cruise will serve as a much needed vacation as well as a taste of Disney and cruising as a family. I've really appreciated all of the pre-trip and trip reports. Reading them has helped me learn so much as well as get even more excited for this trip!

Over the last year we've gone to several Disney productions and just for fun I've included a collage of pictures from the shows below.

Last year the Disney Junior Live Show Pirate & Princess Adventure came through town so we were sure to get tickets for it!
disney-live-pirates-and-princesses-1-jpg.126120

disney-live-pirates-and-princesses-2-jpg.126121

This past year we've gone to 2 Disney On Ice productions, which were so much fun!

Disney on Ice Let's Celebrate!
disney-on-ice-may-2015-jpg.126125

Disney on Ice Frozen
disney-on-ice-frozen-may-2015-jpg.126130
Hey we are on this trip with you! It will be my husband and I 's second trip. We are bringing our adult children this time for our Family vacation. Hope to meet you all!

Putting together some details so that I can start getting our packing together! Woot!
Although a different itinerary, here are some navigators from a recent 2015 Wonder Very MerryTime Cruise. I will check back here to see if any other navigators have been uploaded.
If in bold, confirmed from latest Bahamian cruise.

(My post trip addition: I sent in Navigators to Disney Cruise Line Blog here.)

Friday, December 11th Galveston, Texas

• Check in 11:30 PM, advice on check in here
    • "Galveston embarkation was fine. we went at around 1230. Nobody told us we had to drop our luggage at one end (right near where shuttles, etc drop you off), and we like many others went all the way to check in before we found out. Don't make that mistake!"
  • 12 PM to 2:30 PM WaveBands Deck 3, Forward for Frozen Meet and Greet, Princess gathering; gingerbread house tickets at Guest Services? free internet package?
  • ~1 PM go to parrot cay on the first day for lunch. When turned away say "i prefer the dining room" even if they say they are about to close in a 1/2 hour or whatever.
  • 2:30 PM Wonderling Meet and Greet, Promenade Lounge
  • 1:45 PM to 3:30 PM - Youth Activities Open House & Registration, Deck 5, Midship, also from 4:30 to 6:00 PM
  • 4:00 PM - Mandatory Guest Assembly Drill
  • 4:30 to 5:15 PM - Sail Away Party
  • 5:45 PM - main dining
  • 7:30 to 8 PM Mickey's Tree Lighting Magic, Lobby Atrium, Deck 3 Midship
  • 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM - All Aboard Let the Magic Begin, Walt Disney Theatre, Deck 4, Forward
Other options:
  • 12 PM - Vista Spa Open House, Vista Fitness Center
  • 2:30 PM Walking Ship Tour, Deck 10, Forward Elevators
  • 2:30 PM - Poolside Jams with Cruise Staff DJ, Deck Stage 9, Deck 9, Midship
  • 3:00 PM - Spa Raffle, Vista Fitness Center
  • 7:15 PM Pin Trading Station, Mickey's Mates, Deck 4, Midship
Saturday, December 12th At Sea
  • 6:30 AM Gingerbread House Making Reservations, Guest Services, Deck 3, Midship
  • Anna's Chocolate Chase Scavenger Hunt begins
  • 7 AM Sunrise Stretch Vista Spa Fitness Center
  • 7:30 AM Fab Abs Vista Spa Fitness Center
  • 8:30 AM Wakeup with Disney Junior dance party, Promenade Deck, Deck 3, Aft
  • 9 AM to 10 AM Youth Activities Open House, Oceaneer's Club & Lab
  • 10 AM Ornament Exchange, Promenade Lounge
  • ~order room service for snacks
  • 4 PM Yoga Vista Spa Fitness Center
  • 7:30 PM Captain's Welcome Reception, Lobby Atrium, Deck 3, Midship
  • 8:15 PM to 9:30 PM - The Golden Mickeys, Walt Disney Theatre, Deck 4, Forward
  • 9:30 PM Golden Mickey's After Party, Studio Sea, Deck 4, Midship
  • 10:15 PM Santa's Winter Wonderland Ball, Lobby Atrium, Deck 3, Midship
Sunday, December 13th At Sea
  • Anna's Chocolate Chase Scavenger Hunt continues
  • 9 AM to 11:39 AM Youth Activities Open House, Oceaneer's Club
  • 11:30 AM to 1 PM Palo Brunch
  • 2 PM Mixology, Cadillac Lounge
  • 4:30 PM to 5 PM Oaken's Maypole Swirl and Twirl, Deck 9 Stage, Deck 9, Midship
  • 5:00 PM Do you wanna build a snowman?, Oceaneer's Club
  • 7:45 PM to 8:30 PM Freezing the Night Away, Deck 9 Stage, Deck 9, Midship
  • 8:30 PM to 9:15 PM The Michael Harrison Show, Walt Disney Theatre
  • 10:15 PM Royal Ball, Oceaneer's Club
Monday, December 14th Castaway Cay (+ Pirate Deck Party)
  • 8:30 AM runDisney Castaway Cay 5k, Deck 3, Aft
  • 9 AM to 2 PM Youth Activities Open House, Oceaneer Club
  • 7:00 PM The Challenge of Davy Jones, Deck 9 Stage, Deck 9, Midship
  • 7:30 PM Pirates IN the Caribbean, Deck 9 Stage, Deck 9, Midship
  • 8:02 PM Fireworks
  • 9:30 PM (or 5:15 PM) A Pirate's Life for Me, Studio Sea, Deck 4, Midship
  • ~Post Pirate party and fireworks buffet
Tuesday, December 15th Nassau
  • 9 AM to 11 AM Seaworld Explorer Semi-Submarine (N42)
  • 3:30 PM Deck the Deck Holiday Party, Deck 9 Stage, Deck 9, Midship
  • 7:15 PM Toy Story Boot Camp, Oceaneer's Club
  • 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM Toy Story The Musical, Walt Disney Theatre
Wednesday, December 16th Key West
  • 9:15 AM to 11:05 AM Old Town Trolley or Conch Train Tour (K09)
  • 3 PM Disney Junior Pirate & Princess Party
  • 3 PM Art of the Theme Show Tour (18+), Palo, Deck 10, Aft
  • 5 PM Character Pictures, Deck 4 Midship & Lobby Atrium
  • 8:30 PM to 9:15 PM The Comedy and Magic of Shawn Farquhar, Walt Disney Theatre (not a must do according to this trip report)
Thursday, December 17th At Sea
  • 11:15 AM to 11:30 AM Story time with Mrs. Claus, Lobby Atrium, Deck 3, Midship
  • 12:15 PM Chocolate & Liquor, Cadillac Lounge
  • ~Last day at sea seafood buffet lunch at Beach Blanket Buffet~
  • 12:45 PM to 1:15 PM Jack-Jack's Incredible Diaper Dash, Lobby Atrium, Deck 3, Midship
  • ?3 PM Deck the Deck Holiday Party, Deck 9 Stage, Deck 9, Midship
  • 4:15 PM Friendship Rocks prep, Oceaneer's Club
  • 5:00 PM to 5:30 PM Friendship Rocks, Walt Disney Theatre
  • 7:15 PM Officer Pin Trading, Preludes, Deck 4, Forward
  • 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM Dreams An Enchanted Classic
  • 10 PM Til We Meet Again, Lobby Atrium, Deck 3, Midship
Friday, December 18th Galveston, Texas

Last edited:

Deleted in favor of keeping packing list on first page...

Last edited:
Making progress! I had Evie try on bathing suits this morning to verify she hadn't outgrown them. We are also finishing up fish extender gifts today!

Here are our lanyards with pins attached, green Mickeys for meet-up group identification and one of the fish extender gifts!
Underneath all of that are the door magnets we made with sun porthole, palm tree with lights and our favorite characters in their Christmas finery.
T-minus 18 days!!!
pirate:

pin trading fish extender door magnets packing.jpg

I ran across this tip on flags displayed around the ship:

If you head to the forward of the ship on one of the upper decks, you can watch the crew on the bridge wing as they work to dock or pull away from port.
The maritime signal flags around the ship do spell out words. Early elementary kids get a kick out of decoding the secret messages. The signal flag alphabet is available widely on the Internet. For example here on Wikipedia. Our kids loved having their names spelled out in flags for part of their notebooks. Shipboard ABC’s make for a fun photo scavenger hunt. Bonus points if you use nautical terms like starboard, muster, berth, hawser, gangway, etc. Adults should try to attend the Art of the Theme Show Tour. Fascinating and educational inside look into the design of all the little Disney touches. You may never look at the ship the same way again.

nautical alphabet.png

While reading on-line, I read a reference to Disney Bounding, which is dressing up like characters through fashion instead of direct costumes. This blog also has a lot of examples.

This idea sounded right up my alley. I haven't had fun with fashion in a long time and it's past time I started taking care of myself and having that fun again. Below are some of the outfits I've put together, pictured from left to right -

• sadness shirt & navy palazzo pants
  • mermaid necklace with purple tunic and blue pants (Evie has a matching outfit)
  • mermaid necklace with Ariel dress (will add black cardigan and hose)
  • apple necklace with blue tunic and yellow harem pants
  • Mickey shirt with fair isle leggings and burgundy short sleeve cardigan
  • Disney Frozen snowflake pendant necklace with white v-neck tunic and aqua capris
  • Disney Beauty and the Beast stained glass rose locket necklace with burgundy short sleeve cardigan, Belle tee and yellow harem pants
  • (not pictured) pirate Mickey shirt for pirate night that will be paired with black palazzo pants
  • (not pictured) navy suit for Palo
  • (not pictured) Ariel leggings, will probably use purple tunic from above to pair with them

Cruise Clothes.png

Last edited:
Now on to Evie's clothes...ack, I know there is too much but I want to pack it all!
The plan is shirts and shortie outfits for day and dressier clothes at night, with some
warmer options thrown in as well.

The list of outfits are below, with hopes of seeing it will help me plan by day and weed out some of them.

Dresses/fancy

• Snow White boutique dress (adorable!)
  • Ariel boutique dress
  • Jasmine boutique dress (so pretty!)
  • Tiana boutique dress
  • Belle boutique dress
  • Golden Mickeys tank top and gold shorts or white skirt with gold decor
  • Frozen dress up dress
  • 3 Disney Cruise dresses
  • 2 pirate outfits - one dress and one Smee top and shorts
Pictured below but likely not bringing: Cinderella boutique dress

Shortie sets
  • Rapunzel tunic with pink polka dot ruffle shorts, can wear black leggings underneath instead if colder
  • Minnie polka dot top and shorts
  • Olaf shortie set
  • Monsters shortie set
  • Vanelope tunic with purple polka dot ruffle shorts
  • Frozen fever shirt and yellow ruffle shorts
  • Elsa shirt and blue green ruffle shorts
Pants sets
  • Snow white hoody dress with pants
  • Purple tunic and turquoise pants, my size and Evie's size. I'll wear with Ariel necklace
  • Cinderella dress and pant set
Pictured below but likely not bringing: Monsters pant set

Also on the packing list but not pictured: Elsa zip up hoodie, pajamas, bathing suits, cover ups, Frozen sandals, water shoes, review of other shoes, Frozen hoodie & sweat pants set?

disney cruise evie clothes 1.jpg

disney cruise evie clothes 2.jpg

disney cruise evie clothes 3.jpg

Last edited:
IKR?! Well, she's all packed up!

Another mama gave me some advice on what she's packing:
Princess dresses for dinner but not shoes for each (like last time). 4 pair of shorts and 2 pants, 4 sets of socks & undies, a swimsuit & cover up and 7 shirts.

Last edited:
I recently read some great ideas for making the trip educational, not for an excused absence but neat educational ideas:
  • encourage Evie to ask people what country they are from and then mark it on a map when we get home
  • autograph book for people to sign, write their country, and write something in their native language
  • write or pictures from educational excursion, like semi submarine explorer in Nassau

Restaurant menus as posted from franandaj's thread plus recommended dishes!

TRITONS

• French Onion Soup
  • Grand Marnier Souffle
Tritons 1.jpg

Tritons 2.jpg

Tritons 3.jpg

Tritons 4.jpg

Last edited:
Usually everyone is directed towards Beach Blanket Buffet but you can also choose to go to Parrot Cay for a sit down lunch on the first day.

PARROT CAY - buffet Day 1 (just a sampling of pictures)

Parrot Cay 1.jpg

Parrot Cay 2.jpg

Parrot Cay 3.jpg

Parrot Cay 4.jpg

PARROT CAY - dinner menu

• Ahi Tuna and Avocado Tower
  • Warm banana bread
  • No sugar added desserts as recommended by this thread
PC 1.jpg

PC2.jpg

PC 3.jpg

PC 4.jpg

PC 5.jpg

Last edited:
ANIMATORS PALATE
  • Truffle Pursettes
  • Mango mousse as recommended by this thread
AP 1.jpg

AP 2.jpg

AP 3.jpg

AP 4.jpg

Last edited:
Pirates of the Caribbean Menu from this trip report.
  • Potstickers
Pirates 1.jpg

Pirates 2.jpg

Pirates 3.jpg

Pirates 5.jpg

Pirates 6.jpg

Pirates 7.jpg

Attachments

• Pirates 4.jpg
    Pirates 4.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 2
You are going so soon!! I really have enjoyed your pre-trip report :) Have a fabulous trip!! Where did you get the super cute tic-tac-toe game?

You are going so soon!! I really have enjoyed your pre-trip report :) Have a fabulous trip!! Where did you get the super cute tic-tac-toe game?

Thanks! pirate:

We made them based on a post we saw in the FISH EXTENDER DISNEY CRUISE LINE group on FB. Jeannette Valbuena posted it on March 31st of this year:

tic tac toe example.png

For our version, this is what we did:
  • Bought small laser cut wood mickey/Minnie buttons from aliexpress and colored them in with red and black markers and white nail polish for the eyes (this was the hard part)
  • Glues some magnets on the buttons
  • Made the design in PowerPoint and printed it out on matte photo paper
  • Glued the design to a magnet sheet and then that to cardboard backing
  • Ordered stationary boxes on line with clear inserts and then packaged them with ribbon and a label we made with the matte photo paper
Ours is shown packaged up below.

pin trading fish extender door magnets packing.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter