• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

19 Kids is canceled by TLC

I have never seen the show and have not followed the story much, but I would bet the reason it took longer than many expected to cancel was due to legal considerations. The TLC lawyers probably had to build the legal case to cancel based on contract language, or maybe even determine terms for settlement. Maybe the documentary with the parents is part of that settlement.

Last edited:
I remember when TLC used to have a children's block in the mid 2000's called "Ready Set Learn" which has tons of educational kid's shows. I remember "Timothy Goes To School" mostly because I haven't seen that show since 2003.

Oh please dont. You you know Jim boob and dum dum would work themselves into any show those girls appear in. I predict one of those boys/girls will come out of the closet and reveal what it was like being raised by those monsters.

That I might actually be interested in... the reality of a reality show. I have really stopped watching all reality TV.. Actually I pretty much only watch old TV on Netflix, but reality TV just bothers me. It's a networks way of filling a schedule at a much lower payscale. Eventually it all comes out because they don't spend nearly the time or money they should vetting these people.

lets see how many books come out from various members of the duggar cult. I bet the first one will be from the pedophiliac.
Is a child who molests other children a pedophile? I've seen this term thrown around and wonder if it applies.

TLC made a wise decision. I doubt that they'll go back to the topic of learning though because from what I understand those shows didn't draw.

I've never seen this show, nor do I watch TLC. Although, it seems...some watched, but always hated it. :confused:

Last edited:
Is a child who molests other children a pedophile? I've seen this term thrown around and wonder if it applies.

TLC made a wise decision. I doubt that they'll go back to the topic of learning though because from what I understand those shows didn't draw.
A 15 year old is not a child. He very well knew what he was doing. We only know that it happened to 5 girls. Who knows how many more times it happened. A 15 year old molesting a 5 year old is a pedophile in my book.

A 15 year old is not a child. He very well knew what he was doing. We only know that it happened to 5 girls. Who knows how many more times it happened. A 15 year old molesting a 5 year old is a pedophile in my book.
Did he molest a 5 year old? I wasn't aware of that. I only knew of the older kids. Still wrong of course.

Yea one of his victims was his 5 year old sister.
That's weird and horrible. I think of him as still a child when all of this happened but attacking someone that young is particularly sick.

I still blame his parents most of all though. The boy clearly needed help. And the girls needed help later but apparently no one got anything. :(

I suppose the cutoff for what we consider a "child" is somewhat arbitrary and culturally based. Certainly five is a child, but 15 is kind of a gray area. He certainly wasn't

Pedophilia is also often considered and exercise of power in a way that doesn't specifically follow what one would consider conventional physical/emotional attraction. So a 15 year old imposing himself on a 5 year old would fit the profile. The psychiatric description in fact states it can be an older adolescent being the perpetrator against a younger child.

I suppose the cutoff for what we consider a "child" is somewhat arbitrary and culturally based. Certainly five is a child, but 15 is kind of a gray area. He certainly wasn't

Pedophilia is also often considered and exercise of power in a way that doesn't specifically follow what one would consider conventional physical/emotional attraction. So a 15 year old imposing himself on a 5 year old would fit the profile. The psychiatric description in fact states it can be an older adolescent being the perpetrator against a younger child.
I do feel quite different about this now that I know a five year old was a victim. I probably shouldn't because all of the girls were victims but a five year old is such an innocent.

I would not consider a 15 year old molesting another kid around the same age pedophilia. A five year old though...so sad.

I have to wonder if something happened to Josh. I guess that we'll never know.

Last edited:
Call me crazy, but I have a feeling that all of this came out in the open because of a blackmail gone bad. There is no reason why a child's record should EVER be released. I have a feeling there is A LOT more to this story than we all could ever imagine. (conspiracy theory type thing)
That being said, I think we all knew the Duggars were a bit off, but I was always amazed by them and enjoyed the show.

the Molester just had his first child
People mag on Facebook featured it
MANY many negative responses of subscribers NOT wanting ANY news on this family

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling that all of this came out in the open because of a blackmail gone bad. There is no reason why a child's record should EVER be released. I have a feeling there is A LOT more to this story than we all could ever imagine. (conspiracy theory type thing)
That being said, I think we all knew the Duggars were a bit off, but I was always amazed by them and enjoyed the show.

No, it was not a record. He was never charged, or convicted of anything. The FOIA was for the police report which is not sealed even for minors. So if the parents had handled this correctly the record would have indeed been sealed .
Instead they chose to sweep it under the rug which left the police report open for anyone to request. Irony, huh?

The outing was done, apparently in response to someone who received one of Michelle's "transgender people are child molesters" robo calls. (More irony) It has been an open secret in the area, so the real question is what took so long.

Last edited:
the Molester just had his first child
People mag on Facebook featured it
MANY many negative responses of subscribers NOT wanting ANY news on this family
As mentioned earlier, not their first.
Did you forget that bizzarro world time in 2009 when Michelle and Anna were both pregnant at the same time?

IMO, the concept was never worthy of being televised to begin with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter