19 Kids is canceled by TLC

Good. It's about time. But, THAT SHOW won't appear on their network. However....

"TLC has also teamed with two prominent child-protection organizations for a campaign to raise awareness about child sexual abuse. They will begin with a one-hour documentary in late August."

And from the Duggars..."We look forward to working with TLC on this upcoming special documentary and hope that it is an encouragement to many."

So BOTH parties are still trying to make it all OK, and I wouldn't be surprised if TLC is looking at this documentary including the Duggars as a step towards bringing the Duggars back in some way, like the girls having a reality show.

I think the Duggars should just disappear for a while (the longer the better) and live REAL life without cameras. And without pointing fingers and making blanket derogatory statements about other groups as a whole.

Good. It's about time. But, THAT SHOW won't appear on their network. However....

"TLC has also teamed with two prominent child-protection organizations for a campaign to raise awareness about child sexual abuse. They will begin with a one-hour documentary in late August."

And from the Duggars..."We look forward to working with TLC on this upcoming special documentary and hope that it is an encouragement to many."

So BOTH parties are still trying to make it all OK, and I wouldn't be surprised if TLC is looking at this documentary including the Duggars as a step towards bringing the Duggars back in some way, like the girls having a reality show.

I think the Duggars should just disappear for a while (the longer the better) and live REAL life without cameras. And without pointing fingers and making blanket derogatory statements about other groups as a whole.

Hmmm, maybe Bill Cosby could host this documentary. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, maybe Bill Cosby could host this documentary. :rolleyes:
Well, he IS the epitome of goodness and a shining example of what fatherhood should be. Oh wait...that was a TV role. But still, he hasn't been convicted of anything, so of course he would be a great documentary host. Ask Whoopi. Whoopi knows all.

;) ;) ;)

About time!! Still think it's a bad idea to bring the duggars back for the child abuse special. The parents were partially at fault for their sons actions by protecting him and putting no safe guards for the girls. I hope that baby sitter suing them takes them to the cleaners.

Raise awareness about child sexual abuse? The Duggars? That's like Bristol Palin advocating for teen abstinence after giving birth as a teenager. Not the best spokesperson/people for the job.

And about the Duggars being part of the documentary...it doesn't say in what capacity. Maybe they won't appear, but are just "consultants." Still, I'm sure it will be out there in the public and news in some way. I don't think they "do" staying out of the spotlight at this point.

A very good choice by the TLC Channel. I am surprised that this didn't happen sooner, but glad it has now. The Duggars themselves should have said to cancel the show because they sure don't need the spotlight right now. Wait, but they probably are all about the spotlight.

Well, he IS the epitome of goodness and a shining example of what fatherhood should be. Oh wait...that was a TV role. But still, he hasn't been convicted of anything, so of course he would be a great documentary host. Ask Whoopi. Whoopi knows all.

;) ;) ;)

Actually I did read that Whoopi has now said something to the effect of so much evidence making it seem very likely that he is guilty -- something to that effect anyway. I think it was said on the TV show but I read about it online and am paraphrasing, probably badly.

I am surprised TLC took so long to make the announcement. It's obvious cancellation needed to happen. Trying to hold out hope they remember what TLC stands for and return to Learning Channel roots. Am I kooky for thinking a reasonable opportunity for a channel to attract an audience today would be to pick an empty niche, program to the best of your ability to serve that audience and if you attract that audience encourage them to stick around with the kind of programming they tuned in for? Seems like every channel is in a stampede to show us this tabloid sensational "reality".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter