180 Days from Marathon Weekend! Where are your ADRs?

scottashackleton

Disney Couple for Life!
My fiancee and I check in January 8th for Dopey Challenge and today we were able to book 'Ohana as our post-marathon meal on the 12th :) Also got our annual pre-marathon carb load at Via Napoli. Seemed like 'Ohana is already filling up for that day since they only had a couple of slots for a party of 8.

Where is everyone else eating who is running that weekend?

Dopey runner here. New to the boards and this will be our first visit to Disney. I think we did well with our reservations. Maybe it is slower in January but I didn't find any times or places difficult to get. We are staying for 14 days. :banana:

Sci Fi Drive in - dinner

Boma - dinner

Akershush - breakfast

Cinderella's Table - breakfast

Be Our Guest - dinner

Le Cellier - dinner

50's prime time cafe - lunch after expo

Crystal Palace - breakfast after 5k

Captains Grille - dinner

1900 Park - dinner

Ohana - dinner celebration after marathon

Victoria & Alberts - chefs table - dinner

Chef Mickey's - breakfast

Did I miss any staples that I should check out?

I scored an 8:05 breakfast reservation at CRT and a 6:05 dinner reservation at BOG on the 13th. If I survive the Dopey injury free, this will be an excellent way to celebrate.

It's 5:56am here and I am just about to make mine! I am not checking in until the 9th.

We are not hitting up the parks until after the marathon, so most of my ADRs will be then. We are doing Pasta in the Park Friday night and Kona breakfast Sat morning. My celebratory dinner will just be at Boatwrights at our hotel. That way I don't have to limp far! :lmao:

Via Napoli dinner night before 10K
'Ohana dinner night of 10K

Mama Melrose dinner night before Marathon
Narcoossees dinner night of Marathon

I'll be down there for the marathon weekend and although I'm not running, I found that every restaurant I wanted was easier to get than I thought they would be.

Dopey Challenger here. DW running the half with me. We're staying in a Jambo villa so we will be eating in some.

Wednesday: Sanaa dinner.
Thursday: Mama Melrose late lunch.
Friday: None.
Saturday: Boma breakfast after half. Likely my only real meal this day.
Sunday: Garden Grove dinner (I'm going to CRUSH the BBQ buffet. CRUSH it.)
Monday: Boma dinner.
Tuesday: Boma breakfast.

Planning on doing parks too. I will become very acquainted with the hot tub at Jambo. :)

I make my ADR's tomorrow morning. Hoping for:

Sat: Tony's (need my pre marathon pasta fix)
Sun: 50's Prime time to celebrate
Mon no sit down
Tues: no sit down
Wed:Crystal palace breakfast
Thurs: Plaza (although I think they may be closed?)
Friday: BOG
Sat Boma breakfast and dessert party

Mon no sit down

We just called ourselves to get a reservation at Plaza today and were sad to hear they will be closed until at least Jan. 30th we were told :( We're currently trying to think of somewhere else we want to go :scratchin

Mon no sit down

I made an 8:10 ADR for Crystal Palace on Wed! I will definitely be wearing my medal all week (assuming I finish :eek:) and I will be looking out for fellow finishers!

The rest of my ADRs:
Fri: pasta in the park
Sat: kona 9:05, trex around 4 (haven't booked yet)
Sun: boatwrights 5:20
Mon: via Napoli 11:30
Tues: yak & yeti 12:00, ohana 5:40
Wed: crystal palace 8:10, be our guest 5:30, possible wishes dessert party
Thur: sci-fi 11:10, mama melrose 4:00
Fri: biergarten 7:00

Can't wait!

Family of runners here. Me (5K + Goofy), DH (10K + Half), 2 sons (10K) and daughter (5K).

We're arriving the Sunday before and staying at my parent's timeshare till the night before the 1/2 marathon. My children will stay at the timeshare with my parents and my husband and I will move on property for two nights.

I really want to get Be Our Guest for a dinner, but haven't had any luck yet. :(

Sunday dinner - Trail's End
Monday breakfast - Crystal Palace before park opens
Tuesday breakfast - Donald's breakfast at Tusker House before park opens
Wednesday dinner - Monsieur Paul (might switch this to Via Napoli or Tutto Italia)
Thursday lunch - Brown Derby
Friday late breakfast after my husband and boys finish the 10K - Kona Cafe
Friday dinner (only me and my husband, kids with grandparents) - Artist Point
Saturday dinner (only me and my husband, kids with grandparents) - Cali Grill
Sunday dinner -???? Maybe Tokyo Dining or we may even try to do the Hoop Dee Doo Review. Or O'hana. Or Yachtsman Steakhouse. I still have to figure this day out.

Are others having a hard time getting a dinner ADR at Be Our Guest? I'd love to know the secret to getting one.

Another Dopey here :) I live in Orlando and my fam and I are staying in a Family Suite at AofA so we're planning to do lighter meals (turkey sandwiches are staples) for most of our pre-race meals. But I did get:

Monday night 'Ohana
Tuesday night Be Our Guest dinner
No res Wednesday
Thursday a breakfast buffet somewhere after the 5k but haven't decided where
Nothing Friday
Saturday Mama Melrose (based on my mom's pre-marathon tradition!)

Haven't made a celebratory Sunday dinner res. It will be my first marathon and I'm a little nervous I won't be able to eat afterwards (I got sick after my first half... Granted that was years ago but I'm still nervous!).

I'm also not running in the marathon, but my family and I will happen to be down there during that time. My ADRs are (in no particular order)
- Victoria and Albert's (for DBF and I)
- Coral Reef
- Be Our Guest
- Crystal Palace (breakfast!)
- Sci-Fi Dine in
- Captain's Grille
- T-Rex
- Artist Point (again, only DBF and I)

About to make our reservations in 10 minutes!! We're arriving on Friday and hoping for the following:

Friday: Mama Melrose 5p (so early! But we're running the next day, so we have to be in bed early)
Saturday: Yachtsman for dinner (whenever! I will need steak!)
Sunday: Be Our Guest for dinner (whenever! just need to see it!)

All of our other meals are up for grabs -we'll be fine with whatever! :)

We are arriving on the 10th for marathon weekend so today is our 180th day out and we are staying on Disney property but I cannot select any dates for reservations other than the 10th. How did you all get your +10 days?? I have our room reservations linked to my account and everything but I literally can't even click on a dining date other than the 10th.

Any help would be appreciated as ive never had this problem before. Thank you!!

We are staying on property but have not booked our room yet. I get a discount through work and have to wait until they release this discount code. Therefore I'm stuck without the 180+10 and I have to make my reservations day to day! Can't complain though, the discount is worth it! Here is what I'm thinking:

Friday - 50s prime time at 5:15 (confirmed ressie) then Osborne lights!

Saturday - pre race dinner at flying fish (make ressie tomorrow, I think I should get it with no issue).

Sunday - post race feast at ohana. (Hoping I can get a ressie for 5 people for an early dinner, but based on this thread it's not looking good!)

Mon/tues - nothing planned, maybe Olivia's, captains grille, kona cafe, or counter service in Epcot for dinner. Usually it's slow enough this time of year where you can walk in for an early dinner or make a ressie a few days out. I've even made same day ressies last year with no issue!

Wed - yak and yeti (never been before, going with friends and this is there pick, are ressies hard to get for an early dinner for 4 adults, one kid)?

Thursday - need suggestions here. Friends leave this day so we (dw, ds 14 months and myself) are on our own. Plus my bday is Saturday so this will serve as my bday dinner. Did I mention its my 30th bday??!??!!! Yikes

Dopey Challenger!

Weds - The Wave
Thurs - Tusker House
Fri - Whispering Canyon Cafe
Sat - Boma
Sun - O'hana
Mon - Biergarten
Tues - Boma breakfast
Weds - Cape May
Thurs - Via Napoli
Fri - undecided!

I had no problems getting all my ADRs for the exact times I wanted.

Not running but will be there the January 5th-12th. We're staying at the Wilderness Lodge.

5th (Arrival night): 7:00pm Chef Mickey's
6th: 8:05 CRT, 5:15 Whispering Canyon
7th: 12:15 Akershus, 6:40 Garden Grill
8th: 12:55 Tusker House, 6:15 Hoop Dee Doo
9th: 12:30 Whispering Canyon, 5:15 Spirit of Aloha
10th: 9:45 1900 Park Fare, 1:30 Hollywood and Vine (will probably change this once Fantasmic dinner packages are released)
11th: 12:15 Crystal Palace, 6:00 BOG

Also reserved 1pm Pirate League makeover for my 2 children. I'm still waiting to book Fantasmic and Pirate and Pals Firework Cruise, but they're not available for booking yet.

6th: Dinner Tony's Town Square
7th: brunch Chef Mickeys, Wishes dessert party 7pm
8th: San Angel Inn dinner (other part of party going to Calif Grill)
9th: CRT breakfast, BOG dinner!!!
10th: no ressies

I have an 8am Akershus on Friday 1/8 but it may be too much princesses for us on this trip. I'm 50/50 on dropping it and heading to Sunshine Seasons that day instead. If I do, I'll put it on the Jan cancel thread that pops up. Or we will go.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter