180 Days from Marathon Weekend! Where are your ADRs?

DH is a Dopey Challenger too! I think he just wants to prove to himself that at 64yo, he can still do something like that. The only "must do" is his typical post-race B&C celebratory No Way Jose. Besides that, we'll probably do Biergarten and Cape May breakfast (convenient since we're staying at BCV).

Fiancé and I are running the half on the 9th with one of our good friends and two of his relatives. I also have a bunch of family in Orlando or who work for Disney, so dining Reservations were complicated (especially since 2 people are currently on a cruise and can't be reached to plan!)

Thursday 7- open. We don't know if we're flying or driving, if we fly, I'll make an ADR. If we drive, we will get in too late.
Friday 8th- res for 4 at 7:10 Trattoria al Forno. I wanted to stick with tradition and do Italian before the race. Considering doing a back up at Kona and getting sushi and noodles which also is carb heavy and works well pre-race.
Saturday 9th- 8 people at 8:15 at 'Ohana . Post race celebration.
Sunday 10th- last night. Nothing yet. There are still a lot of openings, but I always like to do a "nice" restaurant for the last meal.

I' ve never done a race weekend before, so the way I'm planning is different than I normally do. Plus, we will have such a dynamic group I don't want to just plan on my fiancé and I, then have our friend and his fam want to join, or have my parents decide to join last minute, but I also don't feel comfortable making lots of reservations for 8 to 10 people just for the sake of being accommodating.

Running the half here.
5th is arrival day no ADR
6th Akershus dinner
7th Be Our Guest dinner
8th Portobello dinner
9th Chefs de France dinner
10th 1900 Park Fare breakfast
11th Cape May Cafe breakfast before checkout

We will likely change akershus but it's there for now.

It is my first half marathon, and first marathon weekend! :) It is also my boyfriend's first trip to Disney World, so we are planning a lot!
Jan 4-California Grill
Jan 5-Monsiuer Paul's
Jan 6-Narcoossees
Jan 7Ohana
Jan 8-Boma (night before dinner)
Jan 9-After half- 50's Prime Time Lunch and right now Fulton's for dinner- want Raglan Road but they haven't released times yet?
Jan 10-Flying Fish
Jan 11-Yachtsman
Jan 12- Le Cellier
Jan 13- Victoria and Alberts
Jan 14- Boathouse
Jan 15-Jiko
Jan 16- Wave

I noticed someone mentioned the Osborne lights- won't they be done for the season already? Otherwise I have to adjust my planning!
I did see several people had post-marathon and post half breakfast plans- is that feasible? For some reason I can't figure out the math on this one, but I know I will be hungry!

10k runner here --
We have on the 8th: crystal palace at 9:30 and the wave at 6:25. One of those might get cancelled and I cant decide which.....

Jan 9th: chefs de France, which my mom really wanted to try on our last trip, didn't tell me, and just assumed we could walk up. She got really upset when there were no tables available, so she's learned her lesson and let me plan ADRs now.

Jan 10th: Kona Cafe breakfast

A group of friends and I are doing the half on Saturday the 9th. At the 180 day window they wanted to do flying fish. Now they want to do Victoria and Alberts. There is nothing open. Does anyone have reservations there close to that date? I want to make sure it isn't closed during the slower season.

A group of friends and I are doing the half on Saturday the 9th. At the 180 day window they wanted to do flying fish. Now they want to do Victoria and Alberts. There is nothing open. Does anyone have reservations there close to that date? I want to make sure it isn't closed during the slower season.

V&A is a very small restaurant with limited # of seatings per night. So it is very possible it is completely filled up the day you were hoping for. However, I say keep checking daily! It is a very expensive meal and someone is bound to figure out that they want to pass on it for whatever reason and may free up a spot (check back 60 days out because people change plans while booking FP+, then check 45-30 days out because that's when people have to cancel trips for whatever reason & then check week before too!) A lot of the tables are only 2 tops or 4 tops so depending on your group size you may need multiple parties to cancel for it to work out. Also it is a very quiet romantic type setting...just wanted to let you know..but you may already know that.
I LOVED this meal on my honeymoon and its my top meal of my lifetime...so keep trying! I am thinking happy thoughts for you!

Well, apparently a lot of people have the same idea as us about going to Beaches and Cream to celebrate after it's all over. Even this far out there were very few ADRs available for that Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter