• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$150 a night (or less) unrealistic within the gates?

Planning a trip for February 2016.. would it be totally unrealistic to think we can find $150 a night inside the gates (and NOT camping! lol) and if so..where?

thanks!!
My wife and I go every February and we also get a preferred room and the cost is usually 110.00 a night. OOps, forgot to say where we stay-All Star Music.

My wife and I go every February and we also get a preferred room and the cost is usually 110.00 a night. OOps, forgot to say where we stay-All Star Music.

Unfortunately the OP is looking to go over Presidents Day. That is what is causing the relatively high cost at even the value resorts.

Unfortunately the OP is looking to go over Presidents Day. That is what is causing the relatively high cost at even the value resorts.

well, may be willing to change to the first week in February if it is a lot cheaper. Just don't know if it is really worth the hassle..

don't think that wilderness lodge has a 1-bedroom with kitchen

now Villa of Wilderness Lodge does - it is a dvc resort - what did you not like about it - the price - or what?

Just the looks of it..don't really want a camping type of style lol .. but then again, I stayed at Polynesian a few years ago and didn't like that either not for the price we paid, heavens no!! it was pretty basic , outdated, and kind of like a holiday inn!! lol

That is what I am paying in July with the Summer Promotion (25% off) for a standard room at Coronado Springs. In Aujust 2014 I paid 115$/night for a LM room at AoA.

okay then it is probably the darker atmosphere - so would avoid AKL/V also - have you stayed at any WDW resorts that you loved - or was it just like?

Just the looks of it..don't really want a camping type of style lol .. but then again, I stayed at Polynesian a few years ago and didn't like that either not for the price we paid, heavens no!! it was pretty basic , outdated, and kind of like a holiday inn!! lol

The thing is, Disney resorts are priced more for their location than for the feel of their rooms. For any unit that has a kitchen or even a kitchenette you will be paying well over $200 a night. The Poly now has villas that look great, but you are talking $500 a night for a studio. If your budget is truly $150 a night then you will need to be comfortable in a value resort with no kitchen, or looking at staying off site. Even renting points for a studio will be around $200 a night.

Change dates if all possible. That's the first step.

YES. If you can change--do. It may also be less crowded.

I would recommend a value resort.

IMHO (for what it is worth!) the kitchenettes are almost useless: small fridge, toaster, coffee pot and microwave. Not way to "cook" anything.

So what do you like? The Poly is considered a Disney Deluxe, yet you didn't like it. For your desired budget per night you are basically looking at Value. If you didn't like the Deluxe accommodations, I highly suspect you will not care for the Values. $150/night high end at the end of February. onsite is not do-able.
Good Luck

Just a note, DVC studios don't have a full kitchen, only fridge, microwave & toaster. Studios only have 1 queen bed & a pull out sofa except OKW.

We have been able to book a discount over Feb. break the last 3 years, so the dates have not been blacked out. But we have not hit anywhere near that price point! You can stack Orbitz 15% discount on Disney's when they are released. Don't forget to factor in car rental/ airport shuttle cost if you look at offsite.

That week also leads up to the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend (Feb 18-21). Go the week before. It may be cheaper and probably a lot less crowded.

What is renting points? we don't want to buy any timeshare property. We could also possibly change to the week prior (feb 8-12th if it is a lot cheaper. )

That is Mardi Gras week. Lots of folks from Louisiana head there since schools are out the entire week. Not sure if Disney offers big discounts on Mardi Gras week or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter