$150 a night (or less) unrealistic within the gates?

Jenleephoto

Mouseketeer
Planning a trip for February 2016.. would it be totally unrealistic to think we can find $150 a night inside the gates (and NOT camping! lol) and if so..where?

thanks!!

Of course you can always stay at the Values during the value season for that. If you are trying for the Holiday week during February, it's more than that. You can price out the non-discounted rack rates on the website. No discounts for that time are anticipated until October (if they are offered... fingers crossed).

Some states give a February school vacation in the northeast. Not sure about other parts of the country. Unfortunately, it usually begins with Presidents' Day...which is when you're going. I don't know how much of an impact it has on pricing and crowding because I'm not sure how many school districts have it as vacation.

Editing to add...have you checked prices yet?

Planning a trip for February 2016.. would it be totally unrealistic to think we can find $150 a night inside the gates (and NOT camping! lol) and if so..where?

thanks!!
Just ran a quick check on the Disney web site for your dates. Several value resorts are coming up at $157 per night, excluding taxes. If a discount becomes available, you should be able to find something at your price point.

Some states give a February school vacation in the northeast. Not sure about other parts of the country. Unfortunately, it usually begins with Presidents' Day...which is when you're going. I don't know how much of an impact it has on pricing and crowding because I'm not sure how many school districts have it as vacation.

Editing to add...have you checked prices yet?
yes i've started to check prices.. initially i absolutely wanted a kitchen and the best i could find was at wilderness lodge for 1827 for 5 nights. I wasn't too impressed by that.. so I was just wondering if anyone had any other ideas :)

It looks like unless WDW offers a discount during that week, even the Value Resorts will end up being more than you want to spend. You could check on renting DVC points for a studio that week...it has a kitchenette. I have no idea if there is any availability, or if you could get a studio for that price. Probably not, but you could look into it. Other than that, I don't have any other ideas for a room that cheap...sorry.

For a room with a kitchen in your price range, the only real option is renting points for a DVC studio (kitchenette) if any are available, or maybe the cabins at FW with a big discount. We're renting points for studios at OKW and AKV in December and our average price per night comes to about $154.

For a room with a kitchen in your price range, the only real option is renting points for a DVC studio (kitchenette) if any are available, or maybe the cabins at FW with a big discount. We're renting points for studios at OKW and AKV in December and our average price per night comes to about $154.

What is renting points? we don't want to buy any timeshare property. We could also possibly change to the week prior (feb 8-12th if it is a lot cheaper. )

Renting points means you rent/buy points from a DVC owner who isn't using them, so you won't be buying into anything. The owner actually makes the reservation for you. There are several brokers on the web who make the process easy. Note that when you do this, you usually have to pay for the room in full when you make the reservation.

A standard room at one of the All Stars shows an average of $141 per night during that time period. Definitely do-able if you don't mind a Value, and looking at your signature, your kids might enjoy All Star Movies.

yes i've started to check prices.. initially i absolutely wanted a kitchen and the best i could find was at wilderness lodge for 1827 for 5 nights. I wasn't too impressed by that.. so I was just wondering if anyone had any other ideas :)

don't think that wilderness lodge has a 1-bedroom with kitchen

now Villa of Wilderness Lodge does - it is a dvc resort - what did you not like about it - the price - or what?

For a ful kitchen, you have to rent a cabin or a 1 BR villa at the Vacation Club resorts. Usually the cabins will have a 20% discount and the villas at Old Key West, Saratoga Springs and Boardwalk will have a 30% room only discount at that time, although the time around President's Day is usually blacked out. You should go on the Disney website and priceo out a room only stay for your dates, don't add tickets or dining, and then figure out the cabin x .8 and the villas x .7 and you can guess your basic cost, then add about 13% for taxes.

I agree that if you want to stay on site for that amount, you will need to change your dates. Go either at the beginning or end of the month to avoid peak prices. February will have both Mardi Gras and the long weekend crowds. And a marathon, I think. All these drive up the rates for those weeks. You may be able to rent points for OKW for that amount, if you're lucky. Otherwise you would only get an All Star room.

Here's a link to the Mousesavers page that gives the room rates for each resort for different dates next year: http://www.mousesavers.com/2016-disney-world-room-rates-season-dates/

thanks!!

Unfortunately, yes. It is unrealistic, especially if you want a kitchen. Can you change dates? Do without a kitchen? Consider staying off-site?

A standard room at an All Star will put you right at your price. It will be just under $800 for the dates you are looking at.

Looking at a DVC rental site, you can get a studio for around $900, if they still have availability. And that is only at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Last edited:

thanks!!

You could look at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. It is not a Disney resort but it is "Inside the Gates". I usually grab a 2 bedroom condo for around $125 a night all in.

You could look at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. It is not a Disney resort but it is "Inside the Gates". I usually grab a 2 bedroom condo for around $125 a night all in.

That is a good option. But OP be aware they now charge for their shuttle service to the parks, so unless you have your own car that will be an added cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter