13 Days, Family O' 7 $2642 Budget!

As far as Melbourne goes, Diser, LisaLovesPooh told us about a great beach and park and it's less than an hour

would you mind sharing the name of that beach & park, please? We're looking for a beach day trip during our visit!

Don't forget that when you go to Epcot, when you go to MK for MNSSHP, when you go to Chef Mickey's and any other time you will be going inside one of the toll plazas it will be $10 per day for parking.

You know, I'm trying to do a budget trip this summer and I only have 5 people to pay for and I am only going for a week. I originally budgeted $2100. It has crept up since. Now I am at $2500.

Of course my kids are older and want to do more stuff.

Don't forget that when you go to Epcot, when you go to MK for MNSSHP, when you go to Chef Mickey's and any other time you will be going inside one of the toll plazas it will be $10 per day for parking.

Is this a new fee?, because when went in 05 there were no fees to park at the resorts or DTD. Summer Bay has a free shuttle. We won't be staying there when we go to Epcot tho, thanks for the heads up.:wave2:

You know, I'm trying to do a budget trip this summer and I only have 5 people to pay for and I am only going for a week. I originally budgeted $2100. It has crept up since. Now I am at $2500.

Of course my kids are older and want to do more stuff.

I am trying and I have already blown the budget .. we are a family of 6 and our air fair was1,200 and car rental was 385. Our tickets for one day a family of 6= 393. our Universal was 450= ....2429 for basics and my dad is paying 700 for our condo for the week

I feel stupid but what is MNSSHP ?:confused3

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, It's a great deal considering that it's at least 40% less than a one day ticket and includes a free picture, more candy than anyone needs, special parades, fireworks, the characters are in halloween costumes, the lines for the rides are shorter....ect. If you have the chance, I highly recommend it!!:wizard:

Is this a new fee?, because when went in 05 there were no fees to park at the resorts or DTD. Summer Bay has a free shuttle. We won't be staying there when we go to Epcot tho, thanks for the heads up.:wave2:

NO there arent any parking fees for DTD or to get in to the resorts,We were there in march.You only have to pay to park in the parks.

I am trying and I have already blown the budget .. we are a family of 6 and our air fair was1,200 and car rental was 385. Our tickets for one day a family of 6= 393. our Universal was 450= ....2429 for basics and my dad is paying 700 for our condo for the week

I hear you. Our Disney tickets were $772 (that's for 4-I have an old annual pass voucher). Condo for a week-under $200 (timeshare exchange). We originally had 2 dinner TS ADRs, but DH insisted on adding a character breakfast and princess lunch. Otherwise we are eating CS or in condo. I also plan to get some GC from Amex to Olive Garden. Boarding the dog is also a budget buster. I will have to post what we actually spent when we come back.

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, It's a great deal considering that it's at least 40% less than a one day ticket and includes a free picture, more candy than anyone needs, special parades, fireworks, the characters are in halloween costumes, the lines for the rides are shorter....ect. If you have the chance, I highly recommend it!!:wizard:
TNK there are no more free pictures.:sad2: They have 50% off of the photo pass pictures for that one night. We went last year in Sept and then again in Oct. the park was packed.:scared: In Sept. we went on a weekend and never got to ride any of the big rides or even Buzz, but in Oct we went on a week day and it was a little better. :goodvibes The best time to do the rides is during the first parade. The second parade is less crowded. They can sometimes give you a tough time about parking at the resorts if you are not staying there. They let us in the park about 2:00 last year. :banana: I find your budget amazing and it sounds like a great time.:cheer2:

I guess all good things must come to an end, oh well, we will be armed with our digital camera!! Thanks so much for the info!!

Something else you might consider in order to further cut the budget...

You've allocated approximately $1,350 to transportation, plus you are going to lose FOUR DAYS to driving! ($606 van rental, plus $150 hotels, plus $550 gas and tolls, plus round up to the nearest $50 for food).

Do you have decent value flights anywhere near you, like SW or JetBlue? If you could get your flights for about $100pp including taxes (which is VERY do-able with these airlines), you'd be at $600 in flights (no charge for infant on lap). You could rent a van for the time you are there for probably about $200 to $300. Figure on another $100 to $150 in gas while you are there. In the end, you'd be saving money AND saving the entire family from four full days of driving!!!

My family will be staying at All Star Sports for one of the weeks that her family is there and I told her she could have my AAA parking pass as we will not be using it, so she will have free parking! They will also be going to the MNSSHP with our family! :wizard:

I followed your first budget trip. For any doubters out there, TNKBELL has vacationing on a budget down to a science! Have a great trip.

It is just me or did this happen last time? No matter how many times you say it people say the food budget is too low b/c they don't read the part about including your regular food budget.:confused3

Something else you might consider in order to further cut the budget...

You've allocated approximately $1,350 to transportation, plus you are going to lose FOUR DAYS to driving! ($606 van rental, plus $150 hotels, plus $550 gas and tolls, plus round up to the nearest $50 for food).

Do you have decent value flights anywhere near you, like SW or JetBlue? If you could get your flights for about $100pp including taxes (which is VERY do-able with these airlines), you'd be at $600 in flights (no charge for infant on lap). You could rent a van for the time you are there for probably about $200 to $300. Figure on another $100 to $150 in gas while you are there. In the end, you'd be saving money AND saving the entire family from four full days of driving!!!

HMMM... I'll look into it, although I admit our family feels that half the adventure is in the journey. We learn so much about each other and it feels so exciting and rewarding to reach our destination. But the kids have never been on an airplane, so that would be an adventure too... HMMMM:scratchin

My family will be staying at All Star Sports for one of the weeks that her family is there and I told her she could have my AAA parking pass as we will not be using it, so she will have free parking! They will also be going to the MNSSHP with our family! :wizard:

Thanks sooo much!!! We can't wait!!!:grouphug:

The AAA pass does not provide free parking. It allows you to park in a special spot closer to the park entrance (if spaces are available) but you still have to pay the $10 parking fee. I don't think that there's any way around it unless you have an AP or are staying onsite.

TNKBELL, I remember your trip planning from last year and the final trip report. I'm so impressed with your budgeting skills. I can't wait to read this next chapter! Glad to see that you'll be sharing it with us again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter