13 Days, Family O' 7 $2642 Budget!

Do you mind sharing which beach you're talking about and where it is?

The kids and I hit the beach whenever we're in Melbourne, but we've yet to find one with "good" shells. Sure, we find some nice ones, but most are very small and generic. I'd love to find some really nice ones!

This is Paradise Beach that was renamed Futch Park (I think!!! I still call it Paradise).

IT is about halfway between the Melbourne (192) and Eau Gallie Causeways.

I would say it is more than an hour b/c it takes us about 1h 20m to get to Disney..but I don't know where TnkBell was staying last time she headed over.

We are precisely 1 hour to the airport if that helps. :)

Beautiful beach--wonderful playground and there is restroom facilities. :)

This park is practically in my backyard. It does have a new covered pavillion with grills and a new playground as well as some volleyball courts on the other side of the park. It can get quite crowded on the weekends but weekdays are very nice. It is usually refered to as Paradise Park though since it is at the end of Paradise Blvd. If you ask for directions to Futch Park, many people around here wouldn't be able to tell you where it is.

ETA: There are lots of submerged rocks right at the water's edge, so I strongly recommend water shoes at this beach.

You must live very very near me!!!

It was Paradise Park prior to 2004 before they remodeled/rebuilt it and renamed it Futch Park. But yes, most locals (especially those here prior to 2004) call it Paradise park.

And yes--water shoes are a must!!!

AS well as know what to do in the case of rip currents!!!

Hi everyone!! We are back, but as soon as we returned from a very wonderful and relaxing vacation, we have hit the ground running!! We have had company from Sweden and my in-laws 50th Wedding Anniversary to plan!!! Things are starting to slow down this week and I will be able to sit down and crunch the numbers for the trip. I can tell you that we ate out a lot more than I had planned but I think we still did not overspend. We also had to cut out going to Epcot due to all of the car expenses. So...be WARNED!!!!..... this was a vacation and not a Disney marathon. I also have lots of pics to share...if I can figure out how to post them!:confused3

God Bless and thank you for all your suggestions and support!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter