13 Adults + 20th Food & Wine Festival = My 40th Birthday Celebration! - Sep. 2015 PTR (updated 9/22)

Love the birthday plans!

The welcome show at MK is just so special. I had tears in my eyes watching it in October. That will be a great way to start off your birthday!

Pirates sounds like a great first choice. I agree that 7DMT might be cutting it close for your time frame.

I'm excited to read your review of Kona brunch and Tonga Toast! I have that on my list for my solo trip in October and have the same exact order in mind as you!

Hollywood Studios should be lots of fun! Tower of Terror is so fun! And it sounds like a good idea to have a flexible dinner plan!

The one comment I have is about DHS - I don't think it's very likely that you'll get RnRC FP+ at the kiosk. We've tried twice and never seen it. However, September is considered a slower time of year, so it's possible it'll be available.
ToT is hit or miss - sometimes it's available, sometimes it isn't.

Thank you, that's great to know! ToT is a must on my list, so maybe we will do that at some point on Monday and make FP+ reservations ahead of time for it, or do Rope Drop at DHS on Monday and then make our way over to F&W at EPCOT.

It's strange because last November when I was at WDW, I had no problem getting FP+ reservations at the kiosk in the evening for MK popular attractions like Space Mountain and LM. But it was also freezing, so park attendance was down. Plus, right now at DHS, so many attractions are closed, so I bet the FP's go very quickly for the popular attractions there. And it doesn't help that DHS closes at 7:30 PM that evening, so early!

The welcome show at MK is just so special. I had tears in my eyes watching it in October. That will be a great way to start off your birthday!

Pirates sounds like a great first choice. I agree that 7DMT might be cutting it close for your time frame.

I'm excited to read your review of Kona brunch and Tonga Toast! I have that on my list for my solo trip in October and have the same exact order in mind as you!

I agree about the Welcome Show! I think my mom will enjoy it most.

(sneak preview) I have a FP+ for myself on Friday for 7DMT, so I'll be able to ride it. I know others will want to ride it who never have before, so hopefully we can make that happen, but the FP+'s are gone for when we are all there.

I love that you're going to Kona on your solo trip for the Tonga Toast! When in October is your trip? Hopefully, I can get my review up before you go! I'll be back Oct. 2nd, so I'll do my best, or I can PM you with my review. :-)

It's strange because last November when I was at WDW, I had no problem getting FP+ reservations at the kiosk in the evening for MK popular attractions like Space Mountain and LM. But it was also freezing, so park attendance was down. Plus, right now at DHS, so many attractions are closed, so I bet the FP's go very quickly for the popular attractions there. And it doesn't help that DHS closes at 7:30 PM that evening, so early!

We've also had a lot of luck with FP+ at MK - we've seen Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Space & Splash Mountains and more (even Anna & Elsa once - but we had already seen them that day so we didn't grab it) - I think there's a lot of FP+ availability at MK in the evening. DHS not as much - I think partially because the tiering may mean that they have fewer FP+ available for each attraction in general, and also partially because of what you said - so much is closed that there are fewer total FP+ available and people grab the popular ones early.

33 days and counting...

Itinerary and FastPass+ Reservations – Days 4 and 5

Day 4 - Monday, September 28th

The main park for today is EPCOT!
ry%3D400

I imagine we will grab a quick breakfast at Beach Club Marketplace or maybe the Boardwalk Bakery before making our way into EPCOT via the International Gateway for Rope Drop. I made FP+ reservations for Mission Space, Test Track, and Spaceship Earth.

J has decided instead to do DHS on this Monday morning, and he has already made FP+ reservations for TSMM, ToT, and Star Tours.

To be honest, I am torn on Monday’s plans. I think it will depend on if we can make it to DHS on Sunday evening. If we don’t, then we’ll go to DHS for Rope Drop on Monday. DHS has evening EMH on Monday, so the crowd calendar has it at a 5, compared to EPCOT at a 3.

I think my parents would enjoy Test Track, and my dad would enjoy Mission Space. No way will my mom ride it, she is very claustrophobic. I already have a FP+ for us all for Spaceship Earth on Saturday, so this one is a back-up in case we don’t make the Saturday one.

If we decide to go to DHS, I’ll ride ToT, then I’ll probably hang out with my mom while others ride Star Tours – I don’t love those motion simulator rides, they leave me not feeling so great. But I can handle Mission Space Orange, go figure! I think my mom would get a kick out of TSMM, so maybe we will end up doing that. I just don’t know! :rolleyes:

A benefit to going to EPCOT that morning is we can be among the first into the World Showcase at 11:00 AM for F&WF. My plan is to eat lunch at the different booths there and spend the afternoon touring WS. It would also be very easy to take a break at the YC, since it’s a short walk or boat ride there – I have a feeling I am going to love this convenience! J has to leave around 5:00 PM to board the Magical Express and fly back to NJ. :sad1:

We will have to figure out when to get in line for the 5:30 PM Eat to the Beat concert to see these ladies!
120518wilson-phillips-holdingon1.jpg

My parents, especially my dad, love Wilson Phillips – I was so excited when I saw they would be performing! After we sing along to all their hits, we will go back to the YC, rest a bit, and freshen up for dinner.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my parents were reading about restaurants and wanted to eat at the BC’s Cape May Café. Dinner there is a clam bake buffet.
ycroom-bcpools-bcvillas-bcstore-bcrestnts-other-166.jpg

As a seafood aficionado, I am seriously drooling when I look at this photo!

Mom and Dad graciously offered to treat us all, which by Monday evening will be my parents, me, B, F, D and L, so 7 of us total. Our ADR is for 7:20 PM. I bet we will be done by 8:30 PM at the latest. We could watch IllumiNations at 9:00 PM from the WS, from the BC beach, or from the bridge to the Boardwalk. Then my parents will be ready to call it a night. Since this is L and D’s last night, I can see the 3 of us and B&F going out for a nightcap or two. :)

Day 5 - Tuesday, September 29th

L has an early flight this morning, so I’ll bid her farewell around 5:30 AM. After L leaves, D is the only one left in my room. My parents, B&F are still with us – our party is getting smaller and smaller!

Breakfast will probably just be a grab & go. My guess is that I probably won’t be able to get back to sleep after L leaves, and the Boardwalk Bakery opens at 6:30 AM… I’m envisioning a peaceful stroll over to the Boardwalk, watching the sun rise, enjoying how quite the area is before everyone wakes up.
boardwalk-sunrise-640x419.jpg

I’ll pick up breakfast for everyone and bring it back to the YC.

D is leaving later today and doesn’t have a park ticket, she’s already decided to spend the day lounging by SAB – who can blame her, why not! Sounds like a great way to spend the day to me.

I’m really looking forward to today because Mom, Dad, B, F and I are all going to Animal Kingdom!
animal-kingdom-entrance.jpg

The crazy thing is that I am the only one who has been to AK! How exciting, a new park for all 4 of them! Mom is really looking forward to Kilamanjaro Safaris, always a favorite of mine. Dad loves roller coaster, so I’m excited to ride Expedition Everest with him, B&F (Mom will sit that one out for sure). I really love EE, it’s my favorite roller coaster at WDW.
ExpeditionEverest.png

I would love to make it to AK by Rope Drop, but realistically I’ll be surprised if everyone moves fast enough to get there by 9:00 AM. I planned accordingly with the FP+ reservations.
ry%3D400

If the wait for EE isn’t that bad, then we don’t need to use our FP+’s and can ride it, then maybe ride it again with the FP+’s. Or we could do single rider – there’s usually hardly any wait with single rider on EE. Since our FP+ window is until 10:35 AM, we have some cushion in case we arrive late.

D, B and F will probably want to ride Dinosaur. I’ll sit that one out with Mom, it makes me nauseous and hurts! Same with Primeval Whirl, I rode it once and that was enough!

KS will be later in the morning, but hopefully the animals will still be quite active. We’ll see how the timing works out, but I figure we can do the Maharajah Jungle Trek and Flights of Wonder either in between EE and KS, or after KS. And then we can walk the Pangani Forest Trail after KS.

For lunch, I’m really looking forward to sampling the food at the new Harambe Market!
NHM74570171.jpg

I’ve read rave reviews so far. I’d love to sample the ribs, and the chickpea, cucumber and tomato salad. Plus, I was thrilled to see that they serve my favorite red wine that I discovered last November at the AKL Victoria Falls Lounge – the Spice Route Chakalaka Shiraz Blend! :yay:Don’t mind if I do!

I have never seen Festival of the Lion King, and it’s definitely on my must-see list for this trip! However, it may or may not happen on this day – I’m not sure yet what time my parents will need to head for home. Plus, D leaves around 3:30 PM, so I’d like to make it back to the YC to hang at SAB with her for a bit before she has to leave. So if FOTLK doesn’t happen for us today, I will definitely go back later in the week and see it when I’m solo.

After we say goodbye to Mom, Dad, and D, it will just be me, B&F left! This is where I’m really going to be spontaneous – I’ve asked B what he wants to do, and he said let’s just see what we feel like doing. AAAHHHHH! :scared1: My planning brain does not compute!!!

I had made an ADR back in March when I thought J would still be with us, for dinner at Be Our Guest. We ate lunch there in 2012, but I haven’t eaten dinner there. I’ve kept that ADR for now. I think B would really like it. Since F didn’t grow up on Disney like we did, I think a lot of BOG would be lost on him. I think these are the top possibilities to finish out Tuesday:

• We stay at SAB for the rest of the day and evening and relax.
  • We do the monorail bar crawl.
  • We go over to the Wilderness Lodge and eat and drink at Territory Lounge. I think F would really like WL.
  • We go to MK and eat at BOG and maybe catch the last few minutes of Wishes if our meal finishes in time (the ADR is for 8:25 PM, and Wishes is at 9:00 PM, so I doubt we will get to see it).
  • We go to AKL and dine at Boma or Jiko.
  • We go to EPCOT and enjoy more F&W, then explore the pavilions during evening EMHs until 11:00 PM, then enjoy our short walk back to the YC.

I honestly think I’ll be happy with any of those choices. Who knows – my feet may be killing me, and just staying by SAB may sound like the best idea ever at that point! :thumbsup2

So that wraps up Day 5!

Plans look great!

I love that they have the Chakalaka wine you liked at Harambe Market - hopefully it'll be just as good on this trip as it was in November!

Plans look great!

I love that they have the Chakalaka wine you liked at Harambe Market - hopefully it'll be just as good on this trip as it was in November!

Thanks! Oh, I think it will be just as good. Even though I found it in my Upper West Side wine store, I've been avoiding buying it so I can savor it back at WDW! :-)

I just saw that for the Eat to the Beat concert series, people can now make FP+ reservations. So now I'm torn about Monday's plans. It's a Tier 1 FP+, so I'd have to give up the Test Track FP+. B and I have been on Test Track, but no one else has. I don't want to do rope drop and chance having a long wait because my mom won't walk fast, and my parents don't want to wait in a long line. I think the main advantage of a FP+ for the concert would be great seats, but we would still have to line up at least 30 minutes before the concert.

I'd appreciate any input! o_O

30 days and counting!!!!!!

Itinerary and FastPass+ Reservations – Days 6, 7 and 8

I’ve been struggling to set firm plans for Days 6-8, I think partly because what I want to do on these last 3 days will largely depend on what we have already seen and experienced in Days 1-5. Plus, after everyone leaves, I may just feel like crashing by SAB! Or I may need to escape the parks for a day and may instead tour the resorts and/or check out the new additions to Downtown Disney.

But of course, like any good planner, I do have some tentative plans for these last 3 days. :)

Day 6 - Wednesday, September 30th

I will have my YC room all to myself the last 3 nights – starting Tuesday afternoon when D leaves, until I check out on Friday. I considered switching to a less expensive resort and then thought no, I’d rather stay put at the YC and splurge for my birthday those last 3 nights to be comfortable and to have access to SAB.

B&F fly back to Los Angeles on Wednesday evening, so they need to catch the DME around 4:00 PM. They both have park hopper tickets for this day. I’ve asked B what he wants to do, and he again said let’s wait and see… so I’m being patient! :scared: Since B&F don’t arrive until Saturday night, at this point they will have spent part of Sunday in the MK, part of Sunday or Monday in DHS, more time Monday in EPCOT, and AK on Tuesday. We may or may not go to a park on Tuesday night… I think that will help determine what we do on Wednesday. If it were up to B, I have a feeling he will want to go to MK if we don’t go to MK on Tuesday evening. B is a Disney purist like me, and I think the MK is his favorite park, as it is mine. :earsgirl::earsboy:

The nice part about Wednesday is we will have a lot of time to go to 1 or more parks. So if F finds something in one park that he really loves earlier in the week, we can go back and re-experience it. With F&W being within walking distance to the YC, I’m willing to bet that we will be back in WS at some point on Wednesday – the guys may want to get some good food and drinks before their long flight back to LA.

Once B&F leave, I have something really enthralling planned…

Yacht%20Club%2047.jpg

Yes, I figure by Day 6, I will need to do some laundry. It’s either this, or I pack more clothes, and I’d rather spend a couple hours relaxing at the YC and doing laundry.

If B&F leave around 4:00 PM, and it takes me a couple hours to do laundry, then my plan is to catch a bus to the MK and be there by 6:30 PM. I’m going to be cutting it close for my first FP+!

ry%3D400

After the LM ride, I’ll go straight to my next FP+ for 7DMT. I rode 7DMT once last November – I really enjoyed it, although I wished it were longer and not quite so tame, but I understand it’s a family coaster. Still, when the 6-year old next to me said it was too short and too slow, my thoughts that it’s very tame were confirmed! But I am very much looking forward to riding it in the dark! I think it will really have a different feel, much like BTMRR has a different feel at nighttime. Which is why my third FP+ for the evening is BTMRR – woohoo! But before I make my way to Frontierland, I must grab dessert before dinner in Fantasyland…

Cheshire-Cake-Cup.jpg

Ah, the Cheshire Café cake cup! This beauty is absolutely delectable! The Cheshire Café closes at 8:00 PM, so I must purchase my cake cup before then. My plan is then to make my way over to Frontierland and possibly eat dinner at the Golden Oak Outpost. I really want to eat this!

chicken-sammich-and-fries-MK-Golden-Oak-Outpost-491x625.jpg

Once I’ve had my fill, I will book it over to BTMRR and use my FP+. Then my plan is to watch Celebrate the Magic and Wishes – I’m not sure where I will watch Wishes – I’m willing to sacrifice Celebrate the Magic to find somewhere less crowded to watch Wishes. I may try to go someplace in Fantasyland for a different view, I think I’d be able to cut through Liberty Square into Fantasyland after the MSEP ends. Plus, if I’m back in Fantasyland when Wishes ends, especially back by Storybook Circus (which I just read has a great uncrowded view of the fireworks), then I can take my sweet time walking out of the park. I really want to see The Kiss Goodnight, it has alluded me so far.

Then I have something very special planned… a trip over to the Poly to experience this new place!

trader-sams-grog-grotto-room-shot-2-600x401.jpg

I don’t know what to expect for how crowded Trader Sam’s will be if I arrive around 10:00-10:30 PM. It’s open until midnight, so I hope to have at least one drink. I really love the Enchanted Tiki Room, so I took my brother to Trader Sam’s at the Disneyland Hotel in June this year. It was a lot of fun, though kind of tame because it wasn’t fully crowded and was around lunch time. So I’m really excited to experience the MK version of Trader Sam’s, and I imagine it will be more lively later in the evening when it’s adults only.

From the Poly, I will take a cab or Uber back to the YC and call it a night!

continued in next post...

Last edited:
Continued...

Day 7 - Thursday, October 1st

This is my only full solo day! What to do, what to do…

The overall crowd level is at a 2 today, and for Days 6 and 8, so that helps with not having to pre-plan as much. I may walk over to the International Gateway this morning and enjoy the morning at EPCOT. For the late afternoon, I made FP+ reservations at two DHS attractions:

ry%3D400

I would love to ride ToT when it’s dark, but the sun won’t set until 5:28 PM, and I have a very important reservation at 6:00 PM – I don’t want to be late!

Flying-Fish-atmosphere-2-600x400.jpg

This is my birthday present to myself – a special F&W event, culinary adventures in signature dining at the Flying Fish Café. From what I understand, it’s limited to 32 people. I will be seated with others, so I won’t feel strange about going solo. I will want to allow enough time to come back to the YC from DHS, change clothes, so I’m thinking that I will need to get in line for ToT as soon as my FP+ window opens at 4:10 PM. That will give me plenty of time to catch the boat back to YC, freshen up, and either walk or take the boat over to the Boardwalk.

I anticipate the special dinner lasting around 3 hours, which means I’ll be leaving the Flying Fish right around 9:00 PM when IllumiNations starts. Rather than deal with the crowds when I’ll be feeling all nice and full from all those delectable food and wine courses, I think I’ll take a stroll over the bridge toward the YC/BC and watch from there, or head over to the BC beach and watch from there. Or if I’m feeling like I really want a swim, I’ll go change into my swimsuit and spend the last hours of my last evening at WDW in SAB.

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Lazy-River-at-Night-Stormalong-Bay-from-**************.net_.jpg

I absolutely love swimming at night! And what could be better than floating along on the SAB lazy river at night on one of those tubes after a fabulous meal?! :thumbsup2

Or I may just want to go fall fast asleep after that awesome meal… we shall see! :flower:

Day 8 - Friday, October 2nd

Departure Day… usually a bittersweet day for me. I think after 8 days, I’ll be ready to go home, but I think it will be bittersweet because my birthday trip that I’ve planned for so long will be over. But the good news is that I now have an AP, so I will be back at least once within the next year!!! :dance3:

I think I will take it easy this morning. Check-out is at 11:00 AM. I heard great reviews for Captain’s Grille breakfast, and I really would like to try the lobster omelet! So I made an ADR for 9:00 AM. That will allow me enough time to then go back to my room, check out, and drop off my suitcase and carry-on at baggage check at the resort.

I imagine that I’ll end my trip with the same park I’m going to start it with…

disneyworld1.jpg

I have 3 FP+ reservations.

ry%3D400

I’m debating if I want to switch my FP+ for Splash Mountain – I don’t want to get all wet and then be stuck wearing wet clothes and especially wet shoes the rest of the day and on the plane. So I may change that last-minute to something else that I haven’t experienced yet or just something I really want to ride again.

I’m excited to meet Mickey, I’ve never met him before! And I have the perfect outfit planned… details coming in another post soon!

I need to be back at the YC around 4:30 PM to take the DME at 5:00 PM. My flight isn’t until 8:00 PM, but I think the DME usually picks up about 3 hours before flight time, which is okay with me – that gives me time to grab dinner in the Orlando airport. The security at the Orlando airport is so hit and miss – it’s taken me a very long time, but last November I breezed through, go figure!

At 10:30 PM, I’ll be seeing a familiar skyline through the airplane window…

special-normal-new-york-by-night-urbanscape-skyline.jpg

After landing at JFK and grabbing my checked suitcase, I’ll take a taxi home, probably arriving home at 11:30 PM. And then I have the weekend to sleep in, unpack, do laundry, and get settled back into reality… until my next WDW trip! :smickey:

Laundry on vacation ... I don't get it. Isn't it just easier to bring more clothing?

I really like watching Wishes from outside BOG. You have to turn around a bit to see the fireworks from both sides, but I think it's a really special view and it isn't usually at all crowded.

I think you've got a lot of great plans! And you have to make sure to write a TR when you come back so that you can tell us all about that Flying Fish dining experience ... I'm sure it will be amazing!

Departure day is sad, but it's much better when you have an AP and know you will be back!

Oh my so much to catch up on!

Some of my thoughts...

I think on Day 4, heading to HS in the morning would be great if you didn't make it the night before. Then either walking or taking the boat over to Epcot for lunch at the booths in WS! The seafood dinner at Cape May does look really good!

A morning on the Boardwalk sounds pretty amazing! I'm sure it will be very nice and peaceful! And I agree that the offerings at Harambe Market sound very good! I think my plan for that night would either be a monorail bar crawl or an evening at WS. But to be honest, there are no bad options on the list!

An open plan for the last few days does sound nice...but it would drive me crazy! I love to have every little detail planned out but with low crowd levels I think you'll be fine!

Laundry and relaxing will be a nice break! Yum, that cake cup does look really good! I've read about it on several TRs at this point! And I think Wishes from Fantasyland will be very nice! From the video I've seen, it's a beautiful view! And I'm really eager to check out Trader Sam's!

Your solo day sounds like lots of fun - Epcot in the morning and your favorite ride at HS in the afternoon! And the dinner sounds like a great birthday present for yourself!

Ending the trip at MK is perfect! But I think I would switch my FP from Splash as well. Or at least wear clothes/shoes that dry quickly!

Laundry on vacation ... I don't get it. Isn't it just easier to bring more clothing?

I really like watching Wishes from outside BOG. You have to turn around a bit to see the fireworks from both sides, but I think it's a really special view and it isn't usually at all crowded.

I think you've got a lot of great plans! And you have to make sure to write a TR when you come back so that you can tell us all about that Flying Fish dining experience ... I'm sure it will be amazing!

Now you have me rethinking the laundry situation. :upsidedow I was planning to repeat a couple outfits for Thursday and Friday. I'm bringing 2 tops for each day, thinking I may want to change because it's going to be so hot and humid, and probably rain every day. So my main concern is having enough bottoms. I guess I could always bring some Febreeze - do they still even make that?

Oh, that's great to know about the fireworks view outside of BOG, thanks!

Yes, I will most definitely do a TR after I'm back! I'll include all the F&WF details and that Flying Fish experience!!!

I think on Day 4, heading to HS in the morning would be great if you didn't make it the night before. Then either walking or taking the boat over to Epcot for lunch at the booths in WS! The seafood dinner at Cape May does look really good!

A morning on the Boardwalk sounds pretty amazing! I'm sure it will be very nice and peaceful! And I agree that the offerings at Harambe Market sound very good! I think my plan for that night would either be a monorail bar crawl or an evening at WS. But to be honest, there are no bad options on the list!

An open plan for the last few days does sound nice...but it would drive me crazy! I love to have every little detail planned out but with low crowd levels I think you'll be fine!

Laundry and relaxing will be a nice break! Yum, that cake cup does look really good! I've read about it on several TRs at this point!

Yeah, Day 4 may be DHS in the morning. I need to wait and see how Day 3 goes, and also see what B&F feel like doing - although I guess we could always split up, and then B, F and I will have the advantage of being able to go to any parks on Tuesday evening and Wednesday until they leave. My main reason for going to DHS, besides the fact that I think it's a beautiful park, is making sure that my dad, L, and I ride ToT! So that has to happen on Day 3 or Day 4, L's only park days.

I'm trying not to plan out every minute and go with the flow more... we'll see if I can hold tight for another 28 days and not plan more! :p

The cake cup is ridiculously good! I'm not a fan of the icing that tastes like Cool Whip, I like buttercream icing. It was the perfect amount (for my taste, anyway) of cake plus buttercream icing. SO GOOD. :teeth:

26 days until WDW...

MagicBands, Pre-Trip Purchases, and a Special Event

Our MagicBands have arrived!!!
ry%3D400

This is great timing, because I will see D tomorrow. Besides being my friend, D is also my hairdresser - she told me she has something fabulous planned for my birthday hairstyle and color, yay! I'll give her the DME letter and luggage tags, and her MB tomorrow. And I will also mail L her MB and luggage tags.

I just saw G and J yesterday but didn't receive the MBs in time to give to them, but I'll see them again before our trip!

We hosted the best baby shower yesterday for J and his husband, they are expecting twin girls via a surrogate!!! The shower was themed to Minnie Mouse (not my idea, but you know I loved it!). Here are some fun photos from the very special event!
ry%3D400

The cakes were made up of cupcakes, very clever!

ry%3D400

The space for the shower was beautiful. We needed a big venue, nearly 100 people attended! You can't see from this photo the confetti on the tables very well, but I made it with my Mickey head punch and star punch and different Disney papers I have for scrapbooking.

ry%3D400

The host committee with the guests of honor. I am thematically dressed in the black dress with white polka dots. :earsgirl: G is in the white shirt next to me, and J is on the other side of me. It was such a special day!

Back to the upcoming trip... I made a few pre-trip purchases that I find very exciting! First up, I purchased from the Disney Store online a Minnie Mouse journal. I'm going to take it on the trip and also on future Disney trips to journal details - I'm a big scrapbooker, so this will help immensely to chronicle everything before I get around to actually scrapbooking the trips. I'm still finishing up our November 2012 trip in my scrapbook! Anyway, the journal turned out to be incredibly beautiful, I am THRILLED with this purchase!
ry%3D400

The outside cover

ry%3D400

I love that there are pockets that I can keep souvenirs in, maybe receipts (since we no longer have paper FastPasses). And stickers! I love stickers! :-)

ry%3D400

The journal pages are also very cute!

I am going to get a lot of use out of this journal!

I also purchased a t-shirt from the Disney Store, but I'm going to save that for later, when I talk about my planned outfits for the trip. :earboy2: I also purchased some items that are surprises for my group, soon to come in another post.

More updates coming very soon!

Last edited:
Yay MagicBands!!

I love the Minnie Mouse theme for the shower ... so cute!

I love your Minnie Mouse journal too ... also super cute!!

I'm a big Minnie Mouse person, so I'm happy to see a Minnie-themed update.

Your trip is so close! Yay!

Thanks, SarahDisney! It's been a Minnie Mouse kind of weekend! ::MinnieMo

I took your suggestion and planned the rest of my outfits so I may only have to hand wash a couple of items in the sink - yay!

I have done 2 of the dinners at Flying Fish - they do usually end up taking over 3 hours - the Champagne one had us leave after 10:00PM, the one last year was after 9:30PM. They were well worth that though! You may end up missing Illuminations

I have done 2 of the dinners at Flying Fish - they do usually end up taking over 3 hours - the Champagne one had us leave after 10:00PM, the one last year was after 9:30PM. They were well worth that though! You may end up missing Illuminations

Thanks for sharing your experiences, I appreciate it! I'm so looking forward to this dinner! I'm okay with missing IllumiNations for this splurge, great to hear it's worth it. Maybe I will still make it back to the YC in time for a quick dip in SAB before it closes at 11:00 PM. :-)

I'm glad you are looking forward to your dinner! It will be great!

Re: Laundry - Most trips we end up doing laundry as well, especially with as much as we go to the gym or just sweat while in the parks. We are DVC so it doesn't cost us anything though (although we did pay for laundry at Disneyland in January during Star Wars Half & it was well worth it) I don't find it a big deal though - throw it in - go relax back in the room or hotel for a bit - switch it - relax some more - then you have less laundry to deal with when you get home and you have less you have to pack, especially as you are flying in.

I tend to over pack for WDW as we drive in but even with that we still do the laundry for that reason as we usually have enough down time in the room anyway.

Joining in! My goodness, this looks like an awesome trip! THIRTEEN ADULTS!!!! I have no doubt you will have a blast!

YAY for YC!!!! We should totally Dismeet if any of our plans line up!

Now for some thoughts...

The College Friend
We've known each other for 22 years, and I love her so much! My friend L will be flying from Indiana to join us. I cannot freaking wait!!! :yay: She is an early riser like me, so she'll be my rope drop buddy. Her only requests just happened to be to ride my two favorite attractions, Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror ... are we in sync or what!

We are from Indiana! Just west of Indianapolis!

I don't think they understand the joy that planning the trip gives me. I play my WDW music as I settle in and update my spreadsheet and sip my iced coffee on a Sunday morning - that is pure joy. :goodvibes Right now, I'm on a temporary assignment for work, away from home most of the time and feeling rather isolated. Looking forward to this trip means so much to me. At the end of the day, I don't think I will care if we were all able to ride BTMRR together. I will care about us all being together and experiencing the day together, creating memories together, celebrating my birthday together. That's what this is about for me.

Last night, I was reading some threads on the DISboards about how F&WF, especially on weekends, has become an excuse for people to get wasted. I also read threads about how people in general don't care anymore about others, are rude in various ways, run and put others in danger with their behavior - you get the idea. I don't doubt that there is truth to all of these. At first, I started to worry, because J's parents want to go to EPCOT on the first Saturday of F&WF. But there's a simple solution to this - we can walk or take the boat back to the YC if we find World Showcase overrun with drunk and disorderly people. Or we can park hop! Or we can check out another resort! I will not let a few people out of the tens of thousands in the parks on that particular day ruin our time together.

There will always be some rude or obnoxious or entitled people. I choose to believe that overall, people are not like this. Sure, there have been some situations that have made me quite angry at WDW, of people just being selfish - a woman texting next to me all the way through PoTC (why ride it then?!?), a man answering a call during Tiki Room (ugh), people refusing to move all the way down in a theater show like Mickey's PhilharMagic and sitting in the middle so others have to climb over them to fill up the theater (seriously?!?). Living in NYC, I give up my seat on the subway or bus for an elderly person or little children. It baffles me when people on the buses don't offer to stand for a parent carrying a baby or small child, or for an elderly person. But overall, I do see several people offering to give up seats. And some of the most fun conversations with strangers have happened on those crowded buses, especially when initiated by a child asking adults funny questions that lead to awkwardness and laughter. I can't plan those moments, and I don't want to - they happen organically, naturally. They speak to us all being connected, in our love for Disney, but more than that, we are all connected in this crazy world full of uncertainties. We all want to be safe and happy and healthy. That's what connects us all. :goodvibes

Oh my, I went off on a tangent! Anyway, thanks for reading, and now back to my PTR.

Some people will just never understand the wonder that is Disney planning! It is so kind that they don't want you to stress, tho!

We spent a week at F&W last year and we did not have any issues with drunk and disorderly people. I am a drinker and hold my alcohol pretty well, so I would have remembered. Maybe some that were a bit loud, but that was late into the evening. I always encounter way more rude, non-drunk people than rude, drunk people. Maybe that tells us what their cure needs to be...:fish:

Saturday, Sept. 26th
My parents and I are going to a very special breakfast - the Parisian breakfast, one of the special events for F&WF!

I am so excited for this - breakfast is probably my favorite meal, and I absolutely adore the France pavilion. I’ve never dined at Les Chefs de France. My mom and I are both excited for unlimited mimosas, and all the delectable pastries!

This is my birthday present to myself (besides this trip): Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining at Flying Fish Cafe!

Oh man - totally jealous here! I ALMOST did the Parisian breakfast. I can't wait to hear about it!! And Flying Fish...omg!!!

YAY Magic Bands! Did you get the new character luggage tags?

The Minnie shower looks absolutely adorable. I love the cupcake cakes - best invention ever!

I think that journal is so cute and just perfect to record the details of your trip!

We are from Indiana! Just west of Indianapolis!

No way! I will PM you, I grew up north of Indy. Small world!

YAY Magic Bands! Did you get the new character luggage tags?

The Minnie shower looks absolutely adorable. I love the cupcake cakes - best invention ever!

I think that journal is so cute and just perfect to record the details of your trip!

We did not get the character luggage tags, i guess we were too early for that. Bummer! But with my new AP, what a great excuse to go again and get the luggage tags! :D

Thanks, the shower was so awesome - such a lovefest and really it all came together perfectly.

I am so excited to start writing in that journal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter