12 Days of Disney = 1 Happy Family! June 2011 TR (Update x2 7/19)

Look at you, taking pictures with all the characters! :thumbsup2 I love the matching shirts!

I totally understand the thing about little sisters changing their minds about rides. My DSis (she's eleven, too!) did that all the time with rides and shows when she was younger. She'd go on BTMRR and have a fantastic time, and then a couple of months later when we're talking about past trips, we'll bring it up, and she's like, "I didn't like that". :headache: Annoyed the heck out of my parents, but I thought it was hilarious! :lmao:

Thanks for stopping in! Thing3 is our little fickle pickle! She'd say, "That was so much fun!" and then when we wanted to go again in a couple hours she'd say, "No, it's too scary!". It sure annoyed me at the time, but she's little, so I guess I understand.

Having a great time reading about your trip; Can't wait to hear more!

Great update! What a nice picture you took of your parents! I just love CRT too.....I think the entrance of the princesses is so exciting!! Can't wait to read more!

Having a great time reading about your trip; Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks for joining in! I'll try to post another update later tonight or tomorrow morning!

Great update! What a nice picture you took of your parents! I just love CRT too.....I think the entrance of the princesses is so exciting!! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks! I'm love photography, but sometimes it's hard with the lighting and angles and zoom and everything! Are you/have you taken your DD to CRT?

I love your pictures and TR so far!! Can't wait to hear more :thumbsup2

Thanks for joining in!

Wow! You got SO much done this morning! A full meal in the castle, meeting the princesses, and STILL being at rope drop, then riding all of those classic rides. GREAT PLANNING! :thumbsup2

I am betting Alice loved your shirts... she probably doesn't see to many with HER on them... it's always princesses and fairies!

Sorry! I must have missed these! :confused3

Hey Thing1! Your report is awesome! Can't wait to read more!

I'm also really glad I'm not the only one to give my tripmates nicknames! :rotfl:

I'm sorry you're not a big character fan... but I'm really glad you like pictures with Stitch!

Your sisters are really cute, by the way... loved the BBB pics! I'm not much into makeup, but you guys looked great!

Keep on posting! I want to see more awesome pics, especially of your resort. I've never stayed at POR before... the few pictures I've seen are pretty nice, but are the rooms nice? And what about the main areas?

Can't wait for another update! I'm definitely in!

Nope, I came up with nicknames for my family too! I love the characters from a distance, I just feel kind of awkward giving them hugs and taking pictures. I'm not much into makeup either...I didn't want them to put any on me, but I didn't know how to ask without sounding rude, so I let them. Our room was nice, but COLD!! There were two double beds and a trundle (which my sisters and I found to be more comfy than the actual bed). We loved the food court, although certain stations (waffles at breakfast and pasta at dinner) always had lengthy lines. The only other downside I had with the resort was that it took a long time for the bus to get around the resort. The South Depot was closest to our room, but it was the last stop, so often it would take 45 minutes to get back to the resort from a park. Overall we loved it and I would definitely recommend it!

You all look so beautiful! Great pictures at 1900 Park Fare...you all look like you're having a great time!

Thank you so much!

Wow! You got SO much done this morning! A full meal in the castle, meeting the princesses, and STILL being at rope drop, then riding all of those classic rides. GREAT PLANNING! :thumbsup2

I am betting Alice loved your shirts... she probably doesn't see to many with HER on them... it's always princesses and fairies!

Yes, we got a TON done! And we still hit Tomorrowland pretty hard before lunch! Well...I don't want to say this...especially here...but I didn't plan our morning like that...I didn't actually plan it at all. :scared1: Mom and Dad said that I could plan what parks for what days/park hopping, meals, etc. but they didn't want a set ride schedule. As they tell me, "We've been to Disney enough times to know what rides get crowded" :rotfl2:

Alice did love our shirts! And no, I haven't seen many Alice shirts either!

Hi! I saw the link in your signature and decided to come on over. I'm enjoying reading your TR. The picture of you and your sisters with the Mickey ears on is great!

You've done so much already and you're only on your second full day!

Hi! I saw the link in your signature and decided to come on over. I'm enjoying reading your TR. The picture of you and your sisters with the Mickey ears on is great!

You've done so much already and you're only on your second full day!

Thanks for joining in! I'm rather fond of that picture too! And yes, we accomplished quite a bit already!

You and your sisters are just precious !!! And I also love that at 14 you have better grammar and better spelling than a good bit of the adults on this board. Kudos to you and I love your writing style. Can't wait to see more !!

You and your sisters are just precious !!! And I also love that at 14 you have better grammar and better spelling than a good bit of the adults on this board. Kudos to you and I love your writing style. Can't wait to see more !!

::yes:: I agree. If it weren't for the picture proof, I would never guess you're only 14!

Loving the report.Reading it it's hard to believe that your only 14. Your doing a great writing job. You and your sister are just to cute and I think your a wonderful big sister to surprise them with breakfast at CRT. Can't wait to read more.

You are doing such a good job with your trip report. I am enjoying reading it. Great pictures too.

Thank you so much! Glad to have you aboard (sounds like something I should say on the DCL board, not here!)!

Thanks for joining in! And thank you so much! It helps that my mom is a high school English teacher!

::yes:: I agree. If it weren't for the picture proof, I would never guess you're only 14!

Thank you so much! You have no idea how much that means to me!

Loving the report.Reading it it's hard to believe that your only 14. Your doing a great writing job. You and your sister are just to cute and I think your a wonderful big sister to surprise them with breakfast at CRT. Can't wait to read more.

Thanks for joining in! As Thing2 declared after I surprised them with going to CRT, "Maybe all that DIS-ing DOES have it's advantages!" :rotfl:

When I last left off, we had ridden Dumbo, Peter Pan, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain (twice for Thing2 and I), It’s a Small World (twice for Mom and Thing3) and the Teacups AND it wasn’t even lunch time yet! After our meeting with Alice and the White Rabbit, we went to ride the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh with the fastpasses we had gotten earlier. As glad as I was to skip the line, I was kind of bummed we didn’t get to use the interactive area of the line. Next we went over to Mickey’s Philharmagic to use our “surprise” fastpasses from earlier. As usual, the show was great! I especially loved seeing Thing3’s reactions to all of the special effects. After the show, we headed for Tomorrowland. At this point it was pretty hot out, so we decided that a spin on the TTA (Peoplemover?) was in order. We all love that ride, even if it’s really slow, it’s a great way to cool down. Much to Thing3’s joy, we decided to see the Carousel of Progress next. The Carousel of Progress is pretty much the one thing she remembered from our 2008 trip. Leading up to the trip she’d say things like, “I want to see that show with the man and his dog and they sing!” It took us a little while to figure out what she was talking about, but she knew what she was talking about! As I posted previously, she STILL sings this song around the house! Finally we decided it was lunch time, so we headed over to Cosmic Ray’s. After telling Mom and Dad what we wanted to eat, they gave us each a fastpass for Space Mountain and told us we could go quickly before we ate. Thing3 is still too short, so with the baby-swap pass, all 4 of us could ride after lunch too! Thing2 was very excited for this, because Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain are her favorite rides at Magic Kingdom. We made it all the way up to the boarding area when the left side of the ride (the side we were on) broke down. After about 20 minutes of just standing there, the CMs led us to the other side. We were quickly put into a boarding group, Thing2 in the front of our rocket, me in the middle and another guy in the back. Then the drama started. The lady who was waiting to board the rocket before ours decided that she didn’t want to ride in the middle of a rocket, she wanted the front. She asked the man who was in line for the front of her rocket to trade places with her. He said no, that he was closer to his family this way. She proceeded to get angry and tell her boyfriend (husband?) that she didn’t want to ride at all then. At this point I was telling Thing2 to make sure she held her ground and didn’t let the lady push in front of her. Her rocket pulled up and everyone got in but her; she just stood there. Finally, after the safety gates close and the rocket is about to pull away, she pushes through the gate and leaps into her rocket RIGHT before it starts to move! Thing2 and I just looked at each other in disbelief. Thing2 loved Space Mountain…me…not so much. I was afraid I was going to hit my head on the rails the whole time, so I spent most of the ride ducked down. Quite a while after leaving Mom and Dad (and Thing3), we returned. Lunch was okay. I didn’t like the veggie wrap I had, but I ate French fries and that chocolate cake (I know, real healthy). I volunteered to take Thing3 to meet some characters while Mom, Dad and Thing2 rode Space Mountain. Everyone agreed to that plan, so Thing3 and I got in line to meet Chip and Dale and the others went off for a space adventure. Just 5 minutes after leaving to ride Space Mountain, they returned. Apparently Space Mountain broke down, so Dad and Thing2 took another loop of the TTA and Mom waited with Thing3 and me. It was VERY hot out.

dsc_0129.jpg

Finally, Thing3 got to meet Chip and Dale. The line seemed to move so slowly, but the interaction was worth the wait.

dsc_0131.jpg

dsc_0136.jpg

We must have gotten fastpasses sometime earlier for Buzz Lightyear, because we rode that next. I’ve never really researched what targets get you mega-points, but it sure seemed like Thing2 had! Her score was 995,500 and mine was about…well…12,000. I know, pathetic. After that, Mom, Dad and Thing2 went back to Space Mountain to try again. In the meantime, I took Thing3 to meet Stitch! This was a bad time to meet him, because there was no PhotoPass photographer, so I didn’t get to be in the picture! Thing3 got upset in line too, because we couldn’t find the autograph pen, so she didn’t get to get Stitch’s autograph.

dsc_0138.jpg

She was kind of shy.

dsc_0139.jpg

When Mom, Dad and Thing2 got back, we decided to go find a parade spot. It was REALLY hot out. We found a spot on the curb right across from the Partners statue. Thing3 was hot and tired, so she had a meltdown. Mom took her into the Emporium to keep her cool. They stayed and watched part of the parade from there, because Thing3 was pretty cranky. I love that parade. I’m really disappointed we didn’t take pictures of it, but it was just too hot. Much to my disappointment, after the parade Mom and Dad said we needed to go back to the room for Thing3 to take a nap. We rode the bus back to POR and headed back for the air conditioning. I’m not exactly sure what happened, but I know that we refilled our mugs and Thing2 and I went swimming for a while. When Mom, Thing2 and I were headed back to the room from refilling our mugs, there was a family just arriving. They had a lot of suitcases that the dad was trying to drag up the stairs. He had just got to the top with his suitcases when I started walking up the stairs (Mom and Thing2 were a little bit behind me). When I was about 1/3 of the way up the stairs, one of his suitcases came rolling down the stairs at me! I wasn’t quite sure what to do, so I did the sensible thing, I stayed right where I was standing while a suitcase came barreling down the stairs at me. When the suitcase was about to plow me down, I leaped over it, onto the next step and kept right on walking up the stairs like nothing happened. The man’s jaw dropped. My mom’s jaw dropped. Thing2’s jaw dropped. If you’ve ever seen the TV show “Wipeout”, I felt like I could have been on that show! Later Mom told me she was glad it was me and not her, because she would have fallen on her face. I’ll leave you with that memorable moment for now. The next update will hopefully have more pictures. Up next, evening at the Magic Kingdom! Thanks for reading!

OH MY GOSH :scared1: about the suitcase! Did the hotel you were staying in not have an elevator for the man to use? That's just craziness!

I think everyone is bound to run into a lady like the Ms. Drama you had at Space Mountain! I mean SERIOUSLY!!!

Loving the updates! :thumbsup2

Then the drama started. The lady who was waiting to board the rocket before ours decided that she didn’t want to ride in the middle of a rocket, she wanted the front. She asked the man who was in line for the front of her rocket to trade places with her. He said no, that he was closer to his family this way. She proceeded to get angry and tell her boyfriend (husband?) that she didn’t want to ride at all then. At this point I was telling Thing2 to make sure she held her ground and didn’t let the lady push in front of her. Her rocket pulled up and everyone got in but her; she just stood there. Finally, after the safety gates close and the rocket is about to pull away, she pushes through the gate and leaps into her rocket RIGHT before it starts to move! Thing2 and I just looked at each other in disbelief.

People like this annoy the heck out of me. It totally ruins the wonderfully fun, safe, relaxed atmosphere for everyone, just because they're so selfish. She could've broken a bone with that stunt! Make up your bloody mind, lady! :furious:

I'm sorry you didn't get to be in a picture with Stitch! But I love how chill he is with Thing3... that's my little blue genetic experiment!

Stitch: "Also cute and fluffy!" :stitch:

Yes, that too!

Keep posting! You're doing a fantastic job!

I never put my hands up on Space Mountain because I'm afraid they're going to hit the track so I understand that fear!

Buzz is a weird ride! Sometimes my score is 500,000 and other times I don't even break 100,000! :confused3 Good for Thing 2 getting that score!

I met Stitch at Castaway Cay. He took my towel and through it into the bushes! LOL True to character!

**Word of Warning: If you see random dancing bananas, Thing2 put them there. She recently discovered all of the emoticons and LOVES those dancing bananas! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

OH MY GOSH :scared1: about the suitcase! Did the hotel you were staying in not have an elevator for the man to use? That's just craziness!

I think everyone is bound to run into a lady like the Ms. Drama you had at Space Mountain! I mean SERIOUSLY!!!

Loving the updates! :thumbsup2

No, our building didn't have an elevator. Looking back on it, the situation seems scary, but in the moment, it just felt natural to jump over the suitcase! :rotfl2: :banana::banana: Yes, there were quite a few times when we saw dramatic people, but I think this was the most "involved" we were in it!

People like this annoy the heck out of me. It totally ruins the wonderfully fun, safe, relaxed atmosphere for everyone, just because they're so selfish. She could've broken a bone with that stunt! Make up your bloody mind, lady! :furious:

I'm sorry you didn't get to be in a picture with Stitch! But I love how chill he is with Thing3... that's my little blue genetic experiment!

Stitch: "Also cute and fluffy!" :stitch:

Yes, that too!

Keep posting! You're doing a fantastic job!

She sure annoyed us too! After the rocket left, we could see what she would have landed on if she jumped after the rocket left: a lot of gears and metal and scary looking stuff! :scared1: At first Stitch was trying to play with her, but apparently the sun was in her eyes, so she just stood there and Stitch mimiced her pose. :rotfl2:

I never put my hands up on Space Mountain because I'm afraid they're going to hit the track so I understand that fear!

Buzz is a weird ride! Sometimes my score is 500,000 and other times I don't even break 100,000! :confused3 Good for Thing 2 getting that score!

I met Stitch at Castaway Cay. He took my towel and through it into the bushes! LOL True to character!

Because you can see the rails partially, but not entirely, so that freaks me out! My score on Buzz varies quite a bit too! Thing2 is sitting next to me and says that you're nice (I think she likes that you complimented her Buzz score) :banana: :rotfl2::rotfl: about Stitch! Too funny!! :rotfl::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter