12/6/07...Anyone with us?

Happy Turkey Day everyone. It has beed a busy day here and I, for one, am glad to be done. I never really feels like a day off when you are cooking and cleaning and then cooking and cleaning and some more cooking and cleaning. Well you all get my point. It is a nice to see family and to be reminded of what is really important in life.

Have a great evening everyone.:thumbsup2

Where is everyone? SHOPPING??????

13 more days till we are onboard and enjoying those Mickey Bars.

Where is everyone? SHOPPING??????

13 more days till we are onboard and enjoying those Mickey Bars.

The only shopping I did today was at Home Dept! Had to fix my toilet.....
...and I will hit the grocery store later this evening to get in one week's worth of food. EIGHT DAYS for Peg and I before we head down Florida way. Spent some time on the phone with sister-in-law (Pam) today to go over info for the criuise. She said to tell you all she's looking forward to meeting you :thumbsup2

Tomorrow is go through the clothes day to finalize the packing list...and see if I need to pick up anything. I got a $100 gift certificate for my favorite shop from my sweet sister for my birthday and it's burning a whole in my pocket!

My new Disney Visa Rewards card hasn't shown up yet...hope it gets here in the next day or so! I got about $100 bucks to apply to that puppy!

JANICE....THANK YOU! I will read it on the plane! :thumbsup2

QUESTION OF THE DAY: What's one of the things you are most looking forward to DOING on the Wonder?

I think for me, it's BBCs by the adult pool with my friends.

QUESTION OF THE DAY part two (for those who have cruised before): What's one thing you are looking forward to doing on the cruise, that you haven't done before?

This trip I AM STAYING UP FOR PUB NIGHT (and getting my packing done in time so I can see it)!

[/SIZE]

QUESTION OF THE DAY: What's one of the things you are most looking forward to DOING on the Wonder?

Eating Mickey Bars and not having to pay over 2.00 each time

QUESTION OF THE DAY part two (for those who have cruised before): What's one thing you are looking forward to doing on the cruise, that you haven't done before?

Taking my Dsis to some of the adult entertainment. We experienced it for the first time on the repo and lwe loved it..

Hope you all have a great time at WDW. Wish we could go, but somebody has to work.

Probably just eating, after a week of starvation at WDW!!! (save for some cookies and hot chocolate at MVMCP! cold mango soup, jumbo shrimp, extra desserts, mmmmm

QUESTION OF THE DAY part two (for those who have cruised before): What's one thing you are looking forward to doing on the cruise, that you haven't done before?I hope to try the walking tour of Castaway Cay:woohoo:

This trip I AM STAYING UP FOR PUB NIGHT (and getting my packing done in time so I can see it)! I finally did that last cruise; cute.
Holy cow...one week from tonight, I'll be in FL starting our WONDERFUL week!!!:cool1: :cheer2: pirate: :hourglass

Hello all!

Just walked back in the door from our "California trip" (must say in a voice like Arnold!). Disneyland was wonderful. We spent 2 1/2 days there and stayed at the Grand Californian Hotel. This hotel was designed by the same person that did the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Wilderness Lodge.

The first day (after an exhausting double flight from St. Louis through Dallas to LA), we made it to Disney around 1:00 pm. Our room was not ready yet, so we had lunch at the quick service place at the hotel. My brother, his son, my brother's girlfriend and her daughter met us (Me, my DW, my DD, my DMil and DFil) and we went first to view our new brick we bought in front of the main gate. After a couple pictures, we entered Disneyland. My DMil and DFil were tired and decided to go back to the hotel to wait for the room to be ready. The rest of us ventured on through the crowds (busy!). My brother's girfriend's daughter qualifies for something called a "guest assistance pass" which pretty much got us through the lines with little wait. It was nice as, for the small amount of time we were in the park that day, we got to go on Buzz Light Year, The new Nemo Submarine ride, Space Mountain, It's a Small World (Holiday Edition), the Matterhorn and the Haunted Mansion (Holiday Edition). The only problem was that my brother is not really a Disney fan and really pushed the limits with the special pass (sometimes too far). My DW and DD (who is 3 year's old and looks like Shirley Temple) were tired ad went back to the room and I went with the rest of the group to dinner at Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel. Shortly after that, I "conked out" for the night. We had VIP reserved seating for the fireworks, but no one made it to 9:25 pm.

The next morning, after a nice night's sleep, our group (minus the visitors) had breakfast at Storyteller's Cafe with Chip and Dale. We were very excited that we happened to get the same waiter, Daniel, from our trip in June. If you ever go to Disneyland, I highly recommend this restaurant and Goofy's Kitchen as being the better of the buffet style places to eat. The manager came over and put our daughter in the dance parade with the characters around the joint. She had a great time. Anyway, we had a VIP tour scheduled at 9:00, so there was no time to dilly dally. I had this tour scheduled for 4 months and even had a specific tour guide requested and fully confirmed. As I walked to the area where we were going to meet up with "Rebecca", I was surprised to see a different guide there. Her name was "Cathy". After the initial mix up, we ended up spending the day with her. She turned out to be great! We focused on Disneyland and went on Snow White's Scary Adventure, the Carousel (did you know that carousels go counter clockwise and merry go rounds go clockwise?), the storybook land boat adventure, It's a Small World Holiday Edition (this is a terrific change from the normal show as the entire ride is changed into a christmas theme. The song has the traditional small world music intertwined with jingle bells and other holiday tunes), the many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Pirates of the Caribbean, The original Tiki Room, the Haunted House Holiday Edition (all done to the Nightmare before Christmas theme. This was great as it is no longer "scary" in this mode and our daughter loved it. It combined her two favorite holidays, Halloween and Christmas. I wish they would do this and holiday small world at WDW). We also went on the big paddle boat ride and I got to captain the ship from the wheelhouse atop the ship (which meant I wore a hat and got to ring the bells and blow the big steam whistle). It was a blast (OK...that was a bad pun.....). We did not get to ride on the "Lilly Belle" (Lillian Disney's private train car) as they did not have it hooked up that day. Our tour ended around 2 pm and we headed back to the room to relax before dinner.
That night, we met a vendor of mine and his wife for dinner at the Napa Rose. The meal was wonderful (but not as good as when we went with them to CLub 33 in June). My wife, DD (who fell asleep after dessert) and DMil went back up to the room after dinner. My DFil, my vendor, his wife and I went to where the VIP tour had us scheduled for our special seating for Fantasmic and the Holiday Fireworks show. Of course, when we got there, they had no idea where we were supposed to be. The stage manager / director for the show, James, overheard us talking with the security guard and after checking our printed reservation sheet brought us over to an unused section about 10 feet from his main controls. He even spent valuable time finding us chairs so we would be comfortable. Now that is Disney service. Here is the guy who is responsible for the entire production and minutes before the show he was most worried about taking care of us! Its not like there wasn't about 50,000 people crammed in around the lagoon for him to worry about. It was a wonderful show and after Fantasmic ends you stay put as you can view the main fireworks show from there. At the end of the fireworks, they had it snow around the entire lagoon area and throughout New Orleans Square. We were walking back through Adventureland and were passing by the Jungle Cruise. A cast member waived us in and said there was absolutely no wait for the last few boats of the night. I have done Jungle Cruise many times before, but it is soooo different when it is completely dark out. It was a wonderful end to a great evening.

The next morning, we got our things together and went down to breakfast at Storyteller's cafe. Everything as usual was great. We went back up to the room, showered and then checked out of the hotel. After sending our bags away with Bell services, we headed for a few short hours to California Adventure. The only main thing we had planned was VIP seating at Playhouse Disney. We did that, I went on the Tower of Terror and then we took it easy and did a little shopping. Unfortunately, we would have needed and extra day to take in that park, but we had no time.

We battled the LA traffic to get up to my Dad's house on Tuesday. We took him to Palm Springs (where my sister lives) on Wednesday. We had a wonderful couple of days there with the entire family. The dinner was wonderful (and the desserts weren't bad either). This morning, we got up early and drove back to John Wayne Airport and started the flights home to St. Louis.

And there you have it.......my quick trip report....

Now, I can't wait as a week from tomorrow we fly to Orlando with our group of 5 to meet up with my wife's aunt and uncle to start our next Disney adventure!

Can't wait to see all of you!

ANSWER ONE: Hot Tub, Cold Drink, Relaxing & Laughing w/good friends - sounds great - I'm with Jackie! :thumbsup2

This trip I AM STAYING UP FOR PUB NIGHT (and getting my packing done in time so I can see it)!

ANSWER TWO: Finding the Hidden Decks! I always mean to find them - but somehow - we start sailing and I forget to do it!

Just walked back in the door from our "California trip" (must say in a voice like Arnold!). Disneyland was wonderful.
Now, I can't wait as a week from tomorrow we fly to Orlando with our group of 5 to meet up with my wife's aunt and uncle to start our next Disney adventure!
Can't wait to see all of you!

What a great trip! See you in 12 days!!!:wizard: :cool1:

:eek:
The only shopping I did today was at Home Dept! Had to fix my toilet.....
...and I will hit the grocery store later this evening to get in one week's worth of food. EIGHT DAYS for Peg and I before we head down Florida way. Spent some time on the phone with sister-in-law (Pam) today to go over info for the criuise. She said to tell you all she's looking forward to meeting you :thumbsup2

Tomorrow is go through the clothes day to finalize the packing list...and see if I need to pick up anything. I got a $100 gift certificate for my favorite shop from my sweet sister for my birthday and it's burning a whole in my pocket!

My new Disney Visa Rewards card hasn't shown up yet...hope it gets here in the next day or so! I got about $100 bucks to apply to that puppy!

JANICE....THANK YOU! I will read it on the plane! :thumbsup2

1) BEING WITH MY PALS and catching up with them on their lives... I hope y'all are bringing me some photos to see - many trips since our last sail...

2)Enjoying my morning and evenings sitting out on the verandah, watching the ocean go by...
Showing someone ELSE (my sis in law) the ship and all it has to offer and seeing her reaction to everything, like Jackie did with me last year - Janice what "hidden decks"??? I don't know anything about exploring areas of the ship that are not obvious! Let's EXPLORE!!

This trip I AM STAYING UP FOR PUB NIGHT (and getting my packing done in time so I can see it)! I might be able to do that... (sleep, or pub night, that is the question)..

I cannot believe I was out in the crazy world of shoppers yesterday on black Friday. But I made it through and got several more Christmas gifts - DH is now DONE!

I have a few more gifts to get Jackie (I know I know... but hey, for me Christmas is all in the giving!!!)

I'm not exchanging with a the gaggle of gal pals this year, we've decided to do a big luncheon (maybe at Boca de Beppo) and just laugh and talk. At our age, who needs to exchange Starbucks gift cards, when we'd rather see each other!

DEE - I too am wearing my denim "shirt" as a jacket with a tank under neath... you'll be fitting right in by doing the same.

I found a Disney long sleeve t that I forgot I had and wore it around town yesterday, so I thought it might be wise for me to go thru the clothes and pull out anything DISNEY (socks, tee's, gloves, mittens) etc so I won't look silly next to all you guys who have everything disney.

I'm happy about the new castaway gifts, but how on earth did I get a lanyard from last year? I have cruise lanyard with all my pins on them (all meaning the few I have). I'd really like to have the dual water bottle gift... looks like we'll have to rebook for our 2nd ANNUAL float next nov/dec????? I hate to push the envelope here - but I'd love to do a Christmas sailing....:scared1:

I think being away for Christmas is a great gift for the three Arizona family members... eh Jackie? Or what about Christmas in NY next year? We can stay in the city and do long walks looking at all the city lights and exchange a small gift at a big fancy schmancy hotel like Waldorf@!! HEY - speaking of that... what happened to THE PLAZA???? Pat?

Ok, going to call Jackie to see if I can buy her breakfast out before we do our "packing" and sorting...

P.S. In case your curious, I've decided against hauling my snorkeling gear and just plan and hanging with the peeps on Castaway - maybe do the walk with Pooh Jen if my knee holds up!

Also, Jackie, LOVE LOVE LOVE your little giggle tree, can you send me a copy? But you need to fix your siggy - it's hanging off the page a bit!

P.P.S. - Did I mention how badly I want to buy my DH a flat screen with Bose surround sound??? Can't do it this year, but next year with our tax refund I'm DOING IT!!!!!

Hello all!

We did not get to ride on the "Lilly Belle" (Lillian Disney's private train car) as they did not have it hooked up that day.

Great trip report. We were there in September and got to ride in the "Lilly Belle." I am not sure you really missed out on anything. For nostalgia it was nice, but my lasting thought is how everything is glued down (I do mean everything). It reminded me of a saying about people taking stuff unless it was nailed down. Not sure if I should smile or frown at the thought of this at Disney, but reality is what it is.

I am glad to also see someone else do those tours. I found them to be very interesting and I learned a lot of little tid bits. This would not be a good idea WDW as the parks are to large.

Have fun on your next jaunt. See you in a week and a half.

Also forgot to WELCOME the new floaters...:welcome: and welcome back to 3LVDisney - thanks for the trip report!!!

JACKIE - don't forget to pack the new PJ's - so we can show the gals our matching sleep wear!!!!!:rotfl2: :thumbsup2 :banana:

P.P.S. - Did I mention how badly I want to buy my DH a flat screen with Bose surround sound??? Can't do it this year, but next year with our tax refund I'm DOING IT!!!!!

Check out Dell. We are very happy with it. I was surprised at the price and quality. We also had Control 4 installed and all us old folks love it.

See you in a week and a half

I know it is very early, but wanted to see if anyone was going on the Wonder December 6, 2007. :woohoo:

As we are getting closer and closer to the trip date, I was wondering if the person who started this thread over a year ago (back on Oct 3, 2006) is still coming on the trip? Maybe I have missed the posts, but I haven't noticed one from them for a while.:confused3

As we are getting closer and closer to the trip date, I was wondering if the person who started this thread over a year ago (back on Oct 3, 2006) is still coming on the trip? Maybe I have missed the posts, but I haven't noticed one from them for a while.:confused3
I know we are going. where does evryone meet?

Hi All! coming into the final stretch! Mom bought me a festive holiday-themed turtleneck today to wear at MVMCP, got the twins new PJs (how will we recognize them without the holes???), still need to get me a new over-the-door-shoe-holder! Even got new rain ponchos at the Dollar Store for Kali River Rapids ride!:banana:

ok, where can I find (hint, hint, feel free to just post them here...) the basic tipping table for the 3 night Wonder?:confused3

on a separate note...

Yay!!!! Our tree is up and lit...we'll wait til tomorrow to decorate it, but it's beginning to look alot like Christmas...:santa: :love:

Start packing, everyone!!!:cool1:

Hi All! coming into the final stretch! Mom bought me a festive holiday-themed turtleneck today to wear at MVMCP, got the twins new PJs (how will we recognize them without the holes???), still need to get me a new over-the-door-shoe-holder! Even got new rain ponchos at the Dollar Store for Kali River Rapids ride!:banana:

ok, where can I find (hint, hint, feel free to just post them here...) the basic tipping table for the 3 night Wonder?:confused3

on a separate note...

Yay!!!! Our tree is up and lit...we'll wait til tomorrow to decorate it, but it's beginning to look alot like Christmas...:santa: :love:

Start packing, everyone!!!:cool1:
OMG, this time next week I will be having a cosmopolitan with pooh jen and pooh mom.....YIKES!!!

I am laughing at Peggy who says her denim shirt will be worn over a TANK TOP!!!!!
Who is tracking the Orlando Weather?????
Is it going to be nice????
Should I pack my long johns?????

Oh NOOOOO, I FORGOT about that tree.....:santa: :dance3:

Sarah, will talk to mom tomorrow, glad u got your tags....

Gave my sister the denim shirt yesterday....she semi-loved :rolleyes1 it!!!

It is in the packet DCL sent you.

Rest server 11.00
asst server 8.00
head server 2.75
stateroom host10.75

Hope this helps.

Tomorrow the grandkids and I are going to do our annual gingerbread house. That will start the beginning of our decorating.

It is in the packet DCL sent you.

ah, therein lies the problem. WHAT PACKET?!!! Holy ##@@!, I don't have my docs, and I'm leaving for Co Springs on Monday, and I think I'm hyperventilating!:scared1: :eek: :dance3:

anyway, thanks for the info, Dee! If I don't get my docs and can't get on the ship, I'll just hand my tips to you for proper delivery.:rolleyes1 :scared:

am I the only one that doesn't have my docs?

ah, therein lies the problem. WHAT PACKET?!!! Holy ##@@!, I don't have my docs, and I'm leaving for Co Springs on Monday, and I think I'm hyperventilating!:scared1: :eek: :dance3:

anyway, thanks for the info, Dee! If I don't get my docs and can't get on the ship, I'll just hand my tips to you for proper delivery.:rolleyes1 :scared:

am I the only one that doesn't have my docs?
mine were in the mail when I arrived home last Friday...so yes, u r the ONLY one!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter