11B/11C GTY cabin questions

goterps1986

Mouseketeer
I was looking at the med cruises for June next year. Two of the 3 start at 11B and one starts at 11C. 11C is definitely cheaper. Is that the equivalent of the old GTY 12? And, if so, is that the only one that you can get an upgrade on?

I recall a few years back that we did the GTY 12 and got upgraded to a Cat 9. We are just trying to decide if we are going to go inside or outside on this one and what the options are. Any feedback would be a great help.

And is there really a difference between 11A, 11B and 11C for the slight price difference? Thanks

11C is the old CAT 12. Most people especially when booking more than three people will get an upgrade. However, many will tell you that you should never expect an upgrade. In fact, the only time you are pretty much guaranteed an upgrade is if you book four people in the 11C (since they only sleep 3 but DCL allows them to be booked with 4).

NEVER book less than what you can live in for the timeframe of your cruise.

Me - I always book 11B. I'm different than a lot of people as I prefer the whole bathroom (not the split). Course, since it's usually just me in the cabin - it's fine!

I've been on four cruises of various lengths and have yet to get an upgrade (even on the WBTA where many fellow cruisers were getting them). But I actually like the cabin I booked so I had a GREAT time!

Thanks MagicMe. That's what I thought. We will have to decide what do do. Big difference on every category for the med cruise. We usually go with the split bathroom since there are 3 of us. So I guess it's still possible to get an upgrade with and 11B and not just 11C. We will see if we feel like gambling.

On the Magic, the 11C rooms are the old Cat 12 rooms. And there are still only 12 or 13 of them, and they still only sleep 3 people. So if you were a family of 4 booking an 11C room on the Magic (or Wonder), you'd still book it in GTY status, and would be guaranteed an upgrade up to 11B or better.

However, since there are only 3 of you, there is no guarantee of an upgrade, so you need to consider the room location instead, and book what you would be comfortable in for your planned trip since there is no assurance you'll get an upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter