11 or 7-Month Booking Window - When does it open?

Pluto1976

Mouseketeer
As I nitpick all of the details of DVC and go between the GFV and PVB, I have a question that I hope all of you could help me with.

Up until now I assumed the 11 or 7-month booking windows were counted backwards from your arrival dates (i.e. just like Disney ADRs are 180-days in advance). That said, I am thinking this is different for DVC booking windows as what timeframe would constitute a month.

Do 11-month booking windows open on the 1st day of the month that is 11-months prior to the month you would like to stay? Does the entire month open up? For an 11-month example on March 1st, 2015, does the entire month of February 2016 open up for booking?

I am mulling this over because we are between the GFV and PVB. We like both resorts but see ourselves preferring the GFV just a bit more and I have read of limited availability for studios at the 11-month mark.

Thanks!

It is 11 or 7 months from your arrival date backwards although does not take into account the actual number of days in each month (28, 30, or 31) - just count the months for the same day. For example, If I would like to check-in on December 13, the 11 month window begins January 13 and the 7 month window begins May 13.

Should also note that the length of stay you can book at those 'windows' is also limited to 7 nights. If I were to book today 2/24/15, I can book "arrival as far out as January 24, 2016 for a stay up to January 31, 2016" at my home resort.

It's 11 months to the day. So, 1/25/2016 opens up tomorrow on 2/25/2015. The only "confusing" part is when the days of the month don't match; Since there is no 2/29 (this year), 2/30, or 2/31, January 29, 30, 31, and February 1 all open up on March 1.

If I wanted to book 10 nights on say July 13th would I be able to book it on January 16th at non home resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter