11/8/03 Western Cruise roll call.... "looking for info from DISers"

Hi Angela & Jason,

Great that you are gonna join us for the mini golf tourney. Looks like we are going to have a good turnout. Watch out though. Tim (my 10 year old) plays a pretty mean game. Last time we went he got it in the clowns nose for a free game.
But after all that sangria and beer I don't think I'll care whether we win or not. Just point me towards the ship after we're done and give a big push.

ttfn
david

LOL! Jason will be joining you with pointing him to the ship. Good food (hopefully good enough to please a certified chef), beer, fun, and relaxation and of course the honeymoon fun is what we are looking forward to after biketoberfest.

Hi Angela,
We just got back from Florida. Spent the final Sat night of Bike week in Daytona. Kids loved seeing all the bikes. They sure were pretty. It was amazing. There were thousands of them.

Hey, if the food isn't good maybe Jason will whip us up some culinary delights. Heck I'm not very picky. With 4 kids anything other than McDonalds is pretty much gourmet eating.

ttfn
david

Any more 11/08/03 cruisers out there? If you are please email me at dwbarc@aol.com with the answers to the questions on the first post of this thread and any other juicy tidbits you would like to share for future inclusion in our award winning newsletter.
ttfn
david

Hey Dave - what's up? Havent heard from you for a few days now. Hope everything's ok

I am so glad I finally found you guys!!! I have been looking for a thread for the 11/8/03 Magic.

We are going and I am excited!! It is a belated birthday present for my big 4-0. Due to my husband's business, we are unable to cruise over Labor Day Weekend (my actual birthday).:(

But this group sounds like a lot of fun! I will send David a e-mail, but the particulars are as follows,

DH (loves Disney but hates to admit it), me (loves everything Disney), DS (9), DD (4) and my recently widowed mother (63).

I so wish we could join your mini golf tournament, it is one of the things our family loves to do together, but we are planning on the Dolphin Encounter and I believe it is about that same time. Maybe we could join you for round 2?

Gosh, I am so thrilled to have found you all, let's keep it going and keep everyone pumped up!:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

I was trying to look through the thread, any other 9 year old boys or 4 year old girls going to be on this cruise?

I am sure my 9 year old DS would love to e-mail with others that will be on same cruise.

just got out Dave's March newsletter - we have alot of kids between us all - the closest to 9yr boy and 4yr girl we have:

Tim 10, Jonathan 11, Troy 11 , Stephanie & Matt 10yr twins, Jason 11, Johnathon 7

and Kaelyn 4

Welcome Disneyeveryear,

My DS Tim (10 at cruise time) would enjoy emailing with your DS9. He is a typical 10 year old; likes soccer, skateboards, and beyblades. Never remembers where he put his shoes, favorite shirt or baseball glove and suffers from a sever case of selected short term memory loss. His email is tjbarc@aol.com
ttfn david

David,

Sounds like they have a lot in common, especially the short term memory loss.

Adam also loves soccer and skateboards and Cub Scouts. By the way, what are beyblades? That is not a name that I know. Wait, maybe you shouldn't tell us, then he'll want them for his birthday.:p

I can't forget his love for his scooters, including his electric one. I am surprised that he has yet to ask if he can bring it with him on the cruise ship. I will definitely say no to that!

Told the family about this thread last night and everyone was excited! They really want to play minigolf, so we will have to find a way to fit it in.

imgoingtodisney - thanks for this info, I have sent e-mails to these so hopefully our kids can start a correspondence before we go. It sounds like the boys can have quite the time with friends in the lab. However, my DD (4) knows there is one other 4 YO girl, and is waiting for more to join the group.

As a fellow Pooh-a-phile, I agree,

TTFN,

Beverly

hey guys - have you all checked out kshabare's trip report on the cruise report board? if not, go do it now!

So whos been on the Western before?
We havent done a disney cruise yet but I did get to Cozumel & Key West while on NCL Dec 01

Any ideas yet on what youre doing with your kids in Key West? Definately want to see the sunset in Mallory Square. NCL wasnt there at night

We haven't been on a DC before either, and the last time I was in Key West was when I was a kid.

After looking at the options, and looking at other threads here, I think we are going to do the train/trolley, but by ourselves. I know we could do it through DCL, but they say that that tour doesn't stop anywhere, and I want the flexibility to get off at the aquarium, shipwreck museum if we choose. We have a DD(4), DS(9) and my mom (64). Therefore, some of our options are limited. I would like to go to the southern most point of the Continental US, blah, blah, blah, touristy stuff.

I am debating between sunset in Mallory Square, or sunset on the boat with a drink in hand in a lounge chair, or maybe sitting in Palo.
We did NCL 13 years ago, but we had an Eastern trip (after which I swore I would never cruise again). Hope this is better!

It will depend on dining rotation, etc.

Grand Cayman has me stymied. We had planned to go on the island tour, but there was a post that was very disappointing. I am not sure what to do now. The 4 year old can't go to Stingray City, and I am not sure mom would enjoy it.

Cozumel is the Dolphin Encounter and the mini golf tournament. I don't know beyond that.

What are you planning with your kids?

We are travelling with my 6 yr old son and this is what is tenatively planned....

Key West--Not much of anything. Probably walk around a bit, maybe the conch train tour but probably not.

Grand Cayman--I am leaning towards the Nautilus submarine here if we do the Dolphin encounter in Cozumel. If we don't do the dolphins, then DH and myself will do the stingray city thing and DS will stay with grandma and grandpa.

Cozumel--Mini-golf Tournament for sure. :) Possibly the dolphin encounter. If we don't do the dolphins we may go to Chakanaab on our own.

I did it! I did it!
Paid off the remainder of my DVC loan w/my new Disney Visa card. Money is already in the bank to pay off the visa.
Yippee - now I can start putting money away for drinks !

DVC is paid off and we havent been on the cruise or "home" yet!!

I am so sad! I just charged my deposit two weeks ago and haven't seen the bill yet. That money is in the bank, but it will be later before I can pay off the balance.

Now I am the green-eyed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter