• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

11/17/12 It's a Magical TEXAS Thanksgiving with the Mouse!

If she's turning 18, she's turning 18. If they don't let you both book Palo online, I'd book for just you then call up and let them pixie dust the problem from their side.
:cake:
That'll be such a neat birthday!

Good idea,I will try and book for both of us online,if it won't let me I will use your suggestion for sure.I am looking at how I can order a cake too.I have to keep searching these boards to see if that's possible.Hope it will be a birthday to remember!

I'm in too! We are in connecting 5c rooms. It will be myself, my mom, and my son (3) in one room and my niece (12) and her mother next door!

I'm so excited that DCL is sailing from Galveston. We live in KS, and it will be great to save on the airfare!

Hello 2012 Magic Turkeys! We are looking into sailing this with yall. We sailed the Magic with a bunch of Magic Turkeys back in 2004 and then again in 2005. Those were some fantastic sailings. In 2005 we ended up with over 100 DIS Boarders sitting near each other in dining. It was like a party each night.

I am looking into the best way to book at this time. We will prolly use a combination of DVC points and payment. Anybody here use DVC points?

Oh, I guess I better introduce myself. I am Willie, and I would be sailing with my wife, Kelli, and daughters Hayley(22) and Erin(17) . Ages are at Nov 2012. We live in the East Texas town of Lumberton.

The Magic is a beautiful ship. And the crew are awesome. If you have younger kids especially.

Hello 2012 Magic Turkeys! We are looking into sailing this with yall. We sailed the Magic with a bunch of Magic Turkeys back in 2004 and then again in 2005. Those were some fantastic sailings. In 2005 we ended up with over 100 DIS Boarders sitting near each other in dining. It was like a party each night.

I am looking into the best way to book at this time. We will prolly use a combination of DVC points and payment. Anybody here use DVC points?

Oh, I guess I better introduce myself. I am Willie, and I would be sailing with my wife, Kelli, and daughters Hayley(22) and Erin(17) . Ages are at Nov 2012. We live in the East Texas town of Lumberton.

The Magic is a beautiful ship. And the crew are awesome. If you have younger kids especially.

Good to have you on board with us again:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Rob

Willie!:yay: I sure hope you, Kelli, Hayley and Erin join us again! That'll be great. Maybe we can also coerce the Lamparskies and Eppards to sail with us also.

Fellow Texans, (and Okies, Arkansans, and folks from Lousiana) and ANYONE on this cruise...our family is looking forward to a wonderful time!

Introducing ourselves...Rob, Priscilla (let's say we're 50ish and OVER:rotfl2:) will be sailing with our 18 year-old daughter. This will be our 10th Disney cruise, and all I can say is...it's ABOUT TIME DCL came to Galveston! We've waited YEARS for this (as yall have too.)

Priscilla

Rob! Great to hear from ya. Are you guys booked? I am just now looking at everything. I don't think I can book this early with DVC points.

Folks, Rob and Prisicilla are some of the great friends we made on the Disney Magic Thanksgiving sailing in 2005. We sailed again with them in 2007 on RCCL. I made several friends on that cruise that I still keep in regular contact with. It was a memorable sailing, even for the crew, who would make comments like- "OH, you were on THAT sailing with all of the Thanksgiving Turkeys!"

Needless to say, there are some good stories to tell about the fun had. It is a special week, and a special ship. I am not too excited about missing Castaway Cay, though. In 2005 we did a double dip there.

I am not too excited about missing Castaway Cay, though. In 2005 we did a double dip there.

We're kind of bummed about CC too. We'll just have to make up and party more in the ports, and Rockin Bar D. Yes, we're already booked. We'll be on the Dream in August, and (hopefully) can rebook for the OBC and 10% off, (if it's less.)

Priscilla:earsgirl:

Can we get a list started in the first post with names and ages? I'm hoping there will be some other single moms on our meet thread!

I just went on my first Disney cruise in March with my mom and my son on the Dream. It was pretty difficult for me as I just got divorced. I'm hoping by this cruise I'll be able to have a better time!

We're kind of bummed about CC too. We'll just have to make up and party more in the ports, and Rockin Bar D. Yes, we're already booked. We'll be on the Dream in August, and (hopefully) can rebook for the OBC and 10% off, (if it's less.)

Priscilla:earsgirl:

Hey all!!!!!! Party "MORE" at the Rockin' D Bar? How is that at all possible? Hold onto your hats.....Lampy has joind the board!!! WOW just checked out the prices....Talk about sticker shock!!! We are sailing on the RCCL Navigator on Monday for 5 nights....stateromm 9540 ocean verandah for the 2 of us with travel insurance was 878.00!

Rockin D "Memories

f141bb17.jpg

Thanksgiving dinner on the Magic! For those of you asking

DISNEY05100.jpg

Hey all!!!!!! Party "MORE" at the Rockin' D Bar? How is that at all possible? Hold onto your hats.....Lampy has joind the board!!! WOW just checked out the prices....Talk about sticker shock!!! We are sailing on the RCCL Navigator on Monday for 5 nights....stateromm 9540 ocean verandah for the 2 of us with travel insurance was 878.00!

Rockin D "Memories

f141bb17.jpg

:rotfl2: looks like we are going to have a rowdy crew on board this cruise.What a blast .You guys are hilarious!:banana:

Thanks for the pic! Tell us more... More... More!! :)

Do the characters dress up for Thanksgiving? Special Thanksgiving decorations? Parties?

The characters DO indeed dress up for Thanksgiving.:) Mickey and Minnie dress up like Pilgrims. The Christmas decorations will be up.:banana:

Rockin D "Memories

f141bb17.jpg

Lampy, you had to bring that pic from 80's night right off the bat.

You are going to scare off these nice people!:scared1:

In the pic are Willie, Ron (Lampy) and Doogie performing You Give Love a Bad Name as the "Ron Jovies" and taking first place in the contest.

:welcome:
to the new posters~
This is going to be awesome to have such an active board so far out!
I guess it should be welcome back to a couple of y'all, rather than welcome.
Anyways, sent off for the baby's birth certificate so I can get the whole process started toward a passport...and she's up.
:cutie:
I know they aren't *strictly* necessary, but I'd rather have them anytime I leave the country.
Anyways~
Later!

Will the characters be in Christmas clothing after Thanksgiving?

I don't remember whether they were or not in 04-05. But the ship was decorated for Christmas, and it was beautiful. Big tree in main lobby, etc.

@ Lampy- Regards to the cost- at least we have a long time to pay for the cruise! And you don't HAVE to have a balcony every time. Inside cabins are nice and dark for sleeping in after a late night.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter