10year Anniv trip becomes the trip of celebrations with Dis'ers! I'm back!!

Did you hear that Tambu Lounge is going to be serving the dessert while the Poly has construction?!?! If we didn't have plans to try 'Ohana itself we would definitely at least be trying the dessert!

Oooh....maybe we will stop there for dessert one night. Mark would love that.

Hi :wave2:

Following along. My trip will overlap yours as well (May 3-10th).

I was laughing at your indecisiveness about Yak and Yeti at the beginning of your report. I have made a reservation there for my last 3 trips (this one included) and I have yet to make it there. I always cancel :rotfl2: I still have it booked for this trip, but who knows if I will actually keep it.

I am so excited for your trip! Wish I could be there as I had a blast with you all in December.

The plans looks so fun! I can't believe you haven't ever been to Ohana! I hope you like it!

That is such a bummer about Kona. You know I have reservations there -- I'm hoping we have a better experience. If not, I'll just call it an opportunity to check out the Poly.

Your posts about Liberty Tree make me excited we have a reservation there though! It was a post on the Disney food blog with photos (the restaurant looks so cute! and I think it will be great for a 4th grader...and ... you had me at FRIED CHEESE and a dessert involving OOEY GOOEY TOFFEE.

Oooh....maybe we will stop there for dessert one night. Mark would love that.

I would certainly be doing it to give it a try!

Hi :wave2:

Following along. My trip will overlap yours as well (May 3-10th).

I was laughing at your indecisiveness about Yak and Yeti at the beginning of your report. I have made a reservation there for my last 3 trips (this one included) and I have yet to make it there. I always cancel :rotfl2: I still have it booked for this trip, but who knows if I will actually keep it.

I've made it there 4 times. Hunter three. Its a good place but nothing super special to me. There are not a lot of options at AK though and the food is good.

If you see us feel free to say hi!!

I am so excited for your trip! Wish I could be there as I had a blast with you all in December.

The plans looks so fun! I can't believe you haven't ever been to Ohana! I hope you like it!

Hi Rachel. I am so excited for the trip too! In 3 weeks we will be on the plane headed there! I can't wait!

And yes.. I never thought Hunter would like 'Ohana but then he brought it up so it found a spot in our plans!

That is such a bummer about Kona. You know I have reservations there -- I'm hoping we have a better experience. If not, I'll just call it an opportunity to check out the Poly.

Your posts about Liberty Tree make me excited we have a reservation there though! It was a post on the Disney food blog with photos (the restaurant looks so cute! and I think it will be great for a 4th grader...and ... you had me at FRIED CHEESE and a dessert involving OOEY GOOEY TOFFEE.

The food I have had at Kona has always been good. Hunters was okay the first few times. Service there is just really bad in my opinion. But I say to give everything a try for yourself!

LTT has some really good food! the Ooey Gooey Toffee dessert is yummy! I didn't order my own the last time but Brenda shared a few bites with me!

So! It was like Christmas here yesterday!!

ry%3D400

Just a few Magic Band packages!!

Including 2 for being Passholders!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I also received our Memory Maker card and our Magical Express booklet! Man I wish we could utilize those luggage tags! Instead I will be tipping a nice gentleman to schlep our bags all the way across the airport! Have any of you flown Southwest and had to get your own bags and then go to Magical Express?!?! I swear its a mile walk!! I prefer not to maneuver my own luggage and even at midnight there are airport personnel there to help you and I am more than willing to take advantage!

But... Back to the plans!!!

Or lack there of! Yes... this day IS OUR 10 year ANNIVERSARY and the entire reason for this trip! And the plans are the least set of any day!

Here is what I am thinking though...

Breakfast or lunch at Trail's End. I know... Romantic right?

Followed by a boat ride around Bay Lake!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

A nice relaxing afternoon....

We will then head back to our room to change for dinner.

Where would we choose to spend our Anniversary dinner? Well 6 months ago I made an ADR at California Grill for this meal. This is our favorite restaurant and I thought it would be a great way to spend our anniversary dinner.

Then Hunter talked with Chef Eddie and Chef Phillip and came up with the idea that they both cook for us at Citrico's. So I made reservations there.

All along I've had an inkling that that might not all come together and it was confirmed last week when Chef Eddie told Hunter that his Chef de Cuisine is on vacation so the plans may need to change. :guilty::sad2::sad:

Hunter and I discussed it and since we have 2 other meals at CA Grill we will stick with our Anniversary Dinner at Citrico's and just hope that Chef Eddie is able to make it... and if not.. we will see him the other two times when we dine at CA Grill!

This dinner will be attended by Hunter and myself as well as Barb, Brenda and Michael.

Barb and Brenda are discussing going over to DHS after dinner as it is the parks 25th Anniversary that day! I doubt we will though as crowds are not our thing! Instead... IF, and that is a big IF we go to a park I would be wanting to go to Magic Kingdom for the Castle Show and Wishes. They are my favorite evening entertainment.

I am greatly looking forward to celebrating our anniversary at WDW in one of our favorite restaurants with our Disney Friends!

This is a shameless plug to vote for our picture in the DisUnplugged Photo Contest!

Just click the link and click VOTE. I won't argue if you want to share it either!! :rotfl2:

http://woobox.com/sbotso/vote/for/2168393

It's for this picture!!

ry%3D400

This picture is classic Disney for my husband and I! He is looking at me like... What the heck are we doing! While I am laughing having fun!

yay for a package from Disney! I don't care about all the hate for magic bands, FP+, etc. ... I can't wait to get ours!!!! :hyper:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for Mickey mail!

I gather you are arriving really late and that is why no luggage transfer for you?

We have never done California Grill or Citricos for dinner. I do want to try Cali Grill but I always forget to put it on my list. And now I have all of my ADR's for September. :(

I like your idea of MK better...can't beat the Castle Show and Wishes to end your anniversary day.

I voted for your picture....love it.

Wow! You did get a boat load of magic bands! They've changed the design on the box recently. I'm still waiting for mine to make the slow trek from NC last time I checked. :p

Everyone will be relieved to hear that indeed we have our MK FP+ selected so we are good to go. You've reminded me to pack my best Hawaiian dress for our 'Ohana dinner. Or perhaps I'll just be happy wearing that polyester lei.

Sorry about Chef Eddie for the Citricos dinner. At least you know Chef Philip there. Actually, you probably know most of the chefs so I think things will work out. :thumbsup2

I still need to figure out the boat thing for that day. Since that is a resort change day for us and we have to get back to BW to change and clean up for dinner we may have to pass that day. I'm not sure yet... Michael may ditch me for you guys, there's that possibility!

Plans are definitely coming along! :)

yay for a package from Disney! I don't care about all the hate for magic bands, FP+, etc. ... I can't wait to get ours!!!! :hyper:

Oh! I LOVE the Magic Bands... I just DON'T love the FP+ aspect of being limited but sounds like they are trying to find ways to change that. Sorry to say but I think you've got a little wait for yours! I actually need new colors for fall... we are starting to duplicate lol.

Great update Paula
That's a fine collection of Magic Bands :)

Thanks Linda! When the last package gets here I will take a picture of our ENTIRE MB Collection.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for Mickey mail!

I gather you are arriving really late and that is why no luggage transfer for you?

We have never done California Grill or Citricos for dinner. I do want to try Cali Grill but I always forget to put it on my list. And now I have all of my ADR's for September. :(

I like your idea of MK better...can't beat the Castle Show and Wishes to end your anniversary day.

I voted for your picture....love it.

Yes, our flight gets in at 10:55pm... Its also the reason for no park plans the following day!

I Love Wishes. We will get to see it twice from CA Grill but nothing beats seeing it in person! Maybe I should try and get a FP+ for it! (Probable all gone though)

Thanks for the vote!! I'm trying to secure us a future trip! :cool1:

Wow! You did get a boat load of magic bands! They've changed the design on the box recently. I'm still waiting for mine to make the slow trek from NC last time I checked. :p

If you notice there is 2 different type of boxes. The new blue ones are the special Passholder ones! :banana:

Everyone will be relieved to hear that indeed we have our MK FP+ selected so we are good to go. You've reminded me to pack my best Hawaiian dress for our 'Ohana dinner. Or perhaps I'll just be happy wearing that polyester lei.

Looks like you've made FP+ reservations for a few days! :goodvibes I don't think I have a Hawaiian shirt or outfit! I used to have a wrap skirt we bought there on our honeymoon but I believe it got ruined :mad:

Sorry about Chef Eddie for the Citricos dinner. At least you know Chef Philip there. Actually, you probably know most of the chefs so I think things will work out. :thumbsup2

It is sad about Chef Eddie but I don't want him to risk anything so better for him to do as he's told! Actually there are still a lot of Chef's we don't know!! Always looking to expand that though!

I still need to figure out the boat thing for that day. Since that is a resort change day for us and we have to get back to BW to change and clean up for dinner we may have to pass that day. I'm not sure yet... Michael may ditch me for you guys, there's that possibility!

Plans are definitely coming along! :)

You can always bring clothes along and change in our room lol. Completely okay if it doesn't work out! We can go boating a different afternoon! Maybe! ;)

Following the actual day of our Anniversary I can now bring my husband into a park again lol.

Barb, Brenda and Michael will be starting their day with breakfast Captain's Grille. This is a place that I have been wanting to try but getting over there in the morning causes me anxiety! :confused3 So... If I wake up early enough I will join them for that breakfast but otherwise we will just meet up with Brenda and Michael in Future World in Epcot a bit later.

Looks like Brenda has made us some FP+ reservations for Test Track, Mission Space and Spaceship Earth....

I've never tried Mission Space! I'm prone to motion sickness so have not given it a try... Maybe with friends is the time to do so?!?! I dunno. I may chicken out! We shall see!

Lunch is at Les Chefs de France for Brenda, Michael, Hunter and myself. We have dined here several times...

Sadly this guy will no longer be joining us for our meal :mad:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

In the past we have both ordered from the Prix Fixe menu... this time we may still do that but only one of us as it really is more food than we need!

I know for sure there will be some French Onion soup on our table...
ry%3D400

And I can just fill up on the bread!
ry%3D400

Not sure what else we will order. WE have enjoyed several things in the past! I guess you will have to read the TR or DR later to find out! :rotfl2:

After lunch we don't have any set plans... Part of what we do will depend on if Hunter and I want to change for dinner or just go in what we are wearing! Since dinner is in the Epcot Area we may just hang out in that area!

Also a possibility is to go to the Flower Power Concert which is Starship! Hunter is very interested in this so we either need to make it fit on this day or on Sunday!

Dinner tonight is at
ry%3D400

I believe this restaurant is actually a first for Brenda! :cheer2:

Hunter and I do not remember our first meal there as we had just recieved bad news from home and were kind of stressed out (my MIL and dogs had been evacuated from our house because of a wildfire threat).

However, I returned in May last year and had a really good meal and then we returned with the group in December and also had a good meal! And Brenda can be assured that she DOES NOT need to order fish here to have a good meal!

I LOVE the beet salad that I have had here!
ry%3D400

I also really enjoyed my steak from this dish... The fish I wasn't as fond of so I will skip it this time!
ry%3D400

Hunter's pork was also really good!
ry%3D400

It was too much food for us though so maybe this time we will split an entree!

And of course I plan to simply have an Adult Peanut Butter shake as my dessert!!
ry%3D400

To finish out the evening... One of the options is again Jellyrolls!

Epcot is also having Extra Magic hours so that is also a possibility but it all will depend on how much time we spend on our meals!!

I like your May 2 plans.

I did NOT know that Remy was gone. He was there when we were there in August. :(

I'm with you...the french onion soup is always on my table at Chefs.

We are trying Flying Fish for the first time in September. I've read great things about it, but will definitely be wanting to read your review prior to our going.

I like your May 2 plans.

Thanks!

I did NOT know that Remy was gone. He was there when we were there in August. :(

Sadly he left in late fall I believe.

I'm with you...the french onion soup is always on my table at Chefs.

:thumbsup2

We are trying Flying Fish for the first time in September. I've read great things about it, but will definitely be wanting to read your review prior to our going.

I will certainly try and get to it before your trip!! TR and DR always seem to take more time than I think they will!! I'm also still trying to decide if I should do a DR or a TR?!? I don't know that I can do both at the same time again!

Sounds like a great day Paula
I was sad I never got to see Remy at Chefs :(

Thanks Linda! I am sad he is gone... I wish they would bring a big Remy out for Meet & Greets now!

I will certainly try and get to it before your trip!! TR and DR always seem to take more time than I think they will!! I'm also still trying to decide if I should do a DR or a TR?!? I don't know that I can do both at the same time again!

I used to do a combined...I just kept it within my TR. It's a lot of work though. I can always message you ahead of time. :)

I used to do a combined...I just kept it within my TR. It's a lot of work though. I can always message you ahead of time. :)

This is what I have been thinking of doing but our trips are very much Food centered so makes me think I should stick to the dining boards! We shall see... I do know that whichever I choose I will only have 3.5months to complete it which will be quite the task as usually they take me about a year! :rotfl2:

Saturday May 3rd is a day I am greatly looking forward too!!

We will be returning to DHS today! FP+ are booked for Rock n Roller Coaster. My husbands favorite ride! Tower of Terror which I know he will sit out of and The Great Movie Ride :rotfl:

Lunch today is at my favorite DHS Table Service Location.

50's Prime Time Cafe!

Our very first experience here was a but on the lackluster side as our "Cousin" didn't seem very into it!

I returned on my solo trip where I had Cousin Quinn taking care of me and she was fun and good at her job as well!

Returning in December we had a lot of fun!

Apparently we had some trouble setting the table!
ry%3D400

So that makes this a must this trip. Dining this time will be Barb, Brenda and Michael, and Hunter and I... And a very special guest that I am very excited to meet! But you all will just need to wait and see who that might be!!

I know for a fact I WILL NOT be ordering the Cherry Soda... I think I might have a reaction to something in this as it just makes me feel ill!

I will be having the Fried Chicken though!!
ry%3D400

I'm thinking Hunter and I may share this so we can get the Fried Cheese as an appetizer!

I'm not sure exactly what we will do in the afternoon... At some point we will want to head to our resort to change for dinner...

Dinner is a place I have never been but Brenda has a couple times and I think Barb has once?

Shula's Steakhouse!

This is just 4 days after Yachtsman Steakhouse so there is definitely no shortage of meat this trip! :rotfl:

I'm thinking this night for sure will be a taxi night so I will see if the rest of the group wants to hang out somewhere or Jellyrolls is again an option if we haven't made it there yet!

BTW Brenda... I'm really seeing the convenience of doing a split stay in the three different areas! Having your dinners near where you stay is certainly a convenience!! :cheer2: Unfortunately that only works for us when its a MK resort dinner! Maybe someday an Epcot/DHS resort will fit in our budget!

With a big group, I bet Prime Time is fun.

We have never been to the Shula's at Disney, but we have been to the one at home and it was THE best meal I have ever had in my life. Out of this world good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter