10year Anniv trip becomes the trip of celebrations with Dis'ers! I'm back!!

Can I just say I'm so excited that so many of my Dis Boards idols are going to be at there the same time we are? I hope to run into several of you but I'll try not to be too much of a fan/stalker. LOL!

Brenda - your trips with your daughter always seem like so much fun that I hope I can do the same when my girls are older!

And Barb - :worship: The live threads kept me going while waiting for our trips to take place.

Thank you for that kind introduction Paula!!! I'm VERY excited to meet up with you and Hunter (and Barb) again! I hope Jiko redeems itself for you guys otherwise I will completely take the blame for that one. I've had back-to-back great meals there so I am ever hopeful.

What?? :eek: Et tu, Brenda? When did this happen? :confused3

Man, I'm going to have to hijack a plane too in order to fit all the people on my growing list of kidnap victims. :laughing: Let's see, there's Vicki in New York, Paula in Sacramento, Hunter in Colorado, and now you??? :worried:

I wouldn't mind being Barb-napped! As Joh would say, I'm gutted. :sad: However, looking at a summer WDW trip with Em, a wedding next year, and Michael getting severed next month I can't justify an October trip where I'd have to renew our passes. Miracles can happen....

Can I just say I'm so excited that so many of my Dis Boards idols are going to be at there the same time we are? I hope to run into several of you but I'll try not to be too much of a fan/stalker. LOL!

Brenda - your trips with your daughter always seem like so much fun that I hope I can do the same when my girls are older!

And Barb - :worship: The live threads kept me going while waiting for our trips to take place.

If you see any of us feel free to say Hi! :thumbsup2

Thank you for that kind introduction Paula!!! I'm VERY excited to meet up with you and Hunter (and Barb) again! I hope Jiko redeems itself for you guys otherwise I will completely take the blame for that one. I've had back-to-back great meals there so I am ever hopeful.

I've been trying to get Hunter to go back there since our '12 trip. It's not till it was brought up for this one with you guys that he finally went. "Well it has been awhile.. I guess its time we could give it another try!"

I am thinking that no matter what it should be better since #1 It's not towards the end of our trip on Deluxe Dining so we aren't stuffed to the gills at EVERY meal and #2 we know what to expect! Coming in with lower expectations will hopefully make it far better! And if it doesn't exceed even our low expectations than I will forever be crossing it off our DIS Dining list!

Found you! :thumbsup2 It's my day off so I gotta go try to get stuff done before DD's school gets out but I'll be back to catch up on your plans :goodvibes

Found you! :thumbsup2 It's my day off so I gotta go try to get stuff done before DD's school gets out but I'll be back to catch up on your plans :goodvibes

Welcome Tania!! My plans mostly focus on food and not much else.. the rest I've learned to take it more easy with so as to allow my husband to have a more enjoyable time as well!

Paula, your plans sound wonderful and are making me feel very hungry!
You have a great line up here and some great DIS meets to boot :)

I wouldn't mind being Barb-napped! As Joh would say, I'm gutted. :sad: However, looking at a summer WDW trip with Em, a wedding next year, and Michael getting severed next month I can't justify an October trip where I'd have to renew our passes. Miracles can happen....

Ah, I thought my ears were burning. I am gutted that we won't see you in October though. However, we just today booked the WB Panama Canal cruise next May departing from Miami, ending up in San Diego. Since we will have to fly home from Los Angeles, we may just have to arrange to see you on home turf ;)

Paula, your plans sound wonderful and are making me feel very hungry!
You have a great line up here and some great DIS meets to boot :)

Ha-Ha! My postings make me hungry too!! I should have posted the picture of my husbands Chicken Dish from Jiko though.. that would cause anything but feeling hungry! It's just not appetizing in any way... So.. note to self... Do not order Chicken at Jiko in 4 weeks!

I'm very excited about our meal line-up and the DisMeets!

Ah, I thought my ears were burning. I am gutted that we won't see you in October though. However, we just today booked the WB Panama Canal cruise next May departing from Miami, ending up in San Diego. Since we will have to fly home from Los Angeles, we may just have to arrange to see you on home turf ;)

Ha-Ha Joh! I am also sad we won't be able to meet in October...

I would say a trip to DL is in order if you have the time! To be so close and not able to make it would be difficult!

Tuesday, April 29 will begin with heading to Animal Kingdom. Now.. This could be our first or second time at this park depending on how we time things a few days earlier. I am going to guess that it will be our first time... :rotfl:

Depending on when we arrive we will either use our FP+ for the Safari or ride it standby. This is one of our favorite things at this park so would really like to be able to do it twice.

We also have FP+ times for Dinosaur and Kali River Rapids... Whether we use them or change them is up for debate lol. I am sincerely going to miss not being able to go to Festival of a Lion King this trip!

Maybe Brenda will do some character photos with me??!?!

We have lunch today at
ry%3D400

We have dined here for all but our first WDW trip. Usually getting the same exact thing!

Egg Rolls
ry%3D400

Crispy Honey Chicken
ry%3D400

Will this change?!? Probably not! lol.

After lunch is when we would use the Kali FP+ if we choose to do so... No WAY would we do it before!! Been there done that!!

ry%3D400

This... in an air-conditioned building... is NOT a good thing! we were so cold!

So Kali will likely be the last thing we do before heading out of AK for the day. From AK we will head to our resort to change and freshen up for dinner.

Dinner is at Yachtsman Steakhouse. This isn't an absolute favorite of ours but it has made it into virtually all of our trips.. Why?!?!

ry%3D400

Glorious Onion Rolls with Roated Garlic!! They are AMAZING!! And the reason Hunter said he wanted to go back there!!

I do admit our steak last time was also pretty amazing!!
I'm thinking this time we will either ask them NOT to cut it in the back if we share it or cut it so we each get equal share... they keep cutting it on the horizontal meaning one person gets the fat back and the other gets most of the meat!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It was cooked just right though and the flavor was awesome!

Hoping the food is just as good this time!

After dinner we have a couple of options

#1 Jellyrolls... I KEEP saying we are going to check it out and we never do
#2 Hang out in the Crew Cup Lounge
#3 DHS Extra Magic Hours.
#4... if Brenda or Barb have any other ideas!??!

If we choose #2 or #3 than the boat to DHS and then a bus to our resort will be our way back to VWL. If we choose Jellyrolls... well.. then it will depend on what time we leave!

Funny, FP+ in DHS for me is pretty easy -- since we've been on Toy Story Mania tons in DCA (yes, I know the queue in WDW blows DCA's away :) it will be the rock n roll coaster (a new ride for us!)

Love reading all the food ideas. There are so many places I want to try but I have to narrow it down. :sad2:

ha ha Joh! I miss you! :hug:

Sounds like you are doing a repo cruise? Wow! That's wonderful. We should definitely make plans to meet up. :banana:

Maybe Brenda will do some character photos with me??!?!
YES. You know I have never seen Russell and Dug, Meeko, Pocahontas, or the Mickey/Minnie characters at AK. I've only done the Character Landing, which I adore. I'm never going to say No to posing with characters with you.

Egg Rolls
ry%3D400

I Love those things!

After lunch is when we would use the Kali FP+ if we choose to do so... No WAY would we do it before!! Been there done that!!

ry%3D400

I remember that from your review and I was almost chilled for you! Sounds like you'll never make that mistake again. ;)

ry%3D400

My thoughts on these... :worship:

#1 Jellyrolls... I KEEP saying we are going to check it out and we never do
#2 Hang out in the Crew Cup Lounge
#3 DHS Extra Magic Hours.
#4... if Brenda or Barb have any other ideas!??!

If we choose #2 or #3 than the boat to DHS and then a bus to our resort will be our way back to VWL. If we choose Jellyrolls... well.. then it will depend on what time we leave!

[/COLOR]

I think that we'll have to play it by ear and see where our moods take us. I've not been to Jellyrolls so don't really know what to expect from that. Which reminds me of something you are doing earlier in your trip.... One day, I need to make it over to POR for Yeehaw Bob. Everyone who does that says it is a great experience.

In any event, I don't think we'll be ready to call it a night that early so we'll have plenty of options. :)

Funny, FP+ in DHS for me is pretty easy -- since we've been on Toy Story Mania tons in DCA (yes, I know the queue in WDW blows DCA's away :) it will be the rock n roll coaster (a new ride for us!)

Love reading all the food ideas. There are so many places I want to try but I have to narrow it down. :sad2:

The problem is Hunter doesn't go to DL and those 2 rides are his favorites in all of WDW!! Makes it really hard!

I think that we'll have to play it by ear and see where our moods take us. I've not been to Jellyrolls so don't really know what to expect from that. Which reminds me of something you are doing earlier in your trip.... One day, I need to make it over to POR for Yeehaw Bob. Everyone who does that says it is a great experience.

In any event, I don't think we'll be ready to call it a night that early so we'll have plenty of options. :)

Those Egg Rolls are the true reason behind Y&Y aren't they?!? You know... we could do TH at 10:30, a drink and snack at Y&Y at 2:30 and then our dinner.... :rotfl2: Thats my final suggestion as far as that goes! :rotfl:

Those onion rolls are so awesome! Just bring us those! lol.

Jellyrolls is a dueling Piano Bar. We really enjoy them but the cover charge at the one in WDW is kinda off-putting... But I hear it is great fun!!

Hunter won't protest going back to POR for Yee-Haw Bob if you want to squeeze that in somewhere!

Jellyrolls is truly awesome. We've had some fabulous nights out with friends there :thumbsup2

What??? :eek: Et tu, Brenda? When did this happen? :confused3

Man, I'm going to have to hijack a plane too in order to fit all the people on my growing list of kidnap victims. :laughing: Let's see, there's Vicki in New York, Paula in Sacramento, Hunter in Colorado, and now you??? :worried:

I am still hoping for the one day (maybe two?) swoop in for the F&W Classic. I am hoping Jay and I can pull that off. Fly in either Friday 10/31 or Saturday 11/1 and fly back out on 11/2. No Parks. But wouild love to plan some out of Park meals. Really would love to hit Raglan Road on Sunday.

I will have it definitely figured out soon, I hope.

Paula, I'm joining in. I'll be back later to catch up. :)****

****I'm back.

I love your plans. We have never stayed at the POR-Riverside. If we ever went back to a moderate (we have become spoiled renting DVC points), and we couldn't get our moderate, POR-Riverside would be our only other choice (we always stay at the Coronado when we do a moderate; we've stayed 10 times for many different occasions--25th wedding anniversary, 50th birthdays, my successful breast cancer surgery, etc.).

I just wanted to make mention on some of your restaurant choices. We've not done Shula's at Disney, but we did the one in Chicago and let me just say that it is THE BEST! We weren't fans of 50's Prime Time two years ago and we definitely would never go back to WCC unless it was breakfast which we thoroughly enjoyed thanks to Brenda. We LOVE Boma's breakfast (never done dinner). The Plaza is always our last meal of our long trips...it's a tradition before I give out a balloon in memory of my dad. Kouzinna is closing but I don't remember the date? End of June maybe? Or July?

Your daily plans sound great; I'm very jealous that you are having dinner with Brenda and Michael. I was supposed to meet Michael for the first time during our September trip this year, but he had to cancel. And it looks like I miss you by a couple of weeks in May. :(

Jellyrolls is truly awesome. We've had some fabulous nights out with friends there :thumbsup2

I have told my DH the last 3 trips that we are going to go... and it's never happened! This time we have I believe 4 dinners in the Epcot Area so I am hoping one of those days works out to pop in!

I am still hoping for the one day (maybe two?) swoop in for the F&W Classic. I am hoping Jay and I can pull that off. Fly in either Friday 10/31 or Saturday 11/1 and fly back out on 11/2. No Parks. But wouild love to plan some out of Park meals. Really would love to hit Raglan Road on Sunday.

I will have it definitely figured out soon, I hope.

As much as we LOVE the F&W classic cost wise it would just be too much for us. If you can swing it though its awesome!

Paula, I'm joining in. I'll be back later to catch up. :)****

****I'm back.

I love your plans. We have never stayed at the POR-Riverside. If we ever went back to a moderate (we have become spoiled renting DVC points), and we couldn't get our moderate, POR-Riverside would be our only other choice (we always stay at the Coronado when we do a moderate; we've stayed 10 times for many different occasions--25th wedding anniversary, 50th birthdays, my successful breast cancer surgery, etc.).

I just wanted to make mention on some of your restaurant choices. We've not done Shula's at Disney, but we did the one in Chicago and let me just say that it is THE BEST! We weren't fans of 50's Prime Time two years ago and we definitely would never go back to WCC unless it was breakfast which we thoroughly enjoyed thanks to Brenda. We LOVE Boma's breakfast (never done dinner). The Plaza is always our last meal of our long trips...it's a tradition before I give out a balloon in memory of my dad. Kouzinna is closing but I don't remember the date? End of June maybe? Or July?

Your daily plans sound great; I'm very jealous that you are having dinner with Brenda and Michael. I was supposed to meet Michael for the first time during our September trip this year, but he had to cancel. And it looks like I miss you by a couple of weeks in May. :(

Hi Kathy! :welcome:

We have stayed at all the MOD's except for POFQ. POR is our favorite. It helps that Yee-Haw Bob is there! WE also like the woodsy feeling so it goes along with our love of WL. Of course if you don't like the woodsy part then you can request the Mansions and not have it be quite as bad!

We have managed to get VWL twice with a time-share exchange. We really like to have king beds or I would look into point rentals more!

Congrats on kicking Breast Cancer's butt! My mom fought it 2 years ago and so far is winning. With a few lasting side effects (lymphedema and neuropathy from the Chemo).

Our dining reservations for the most part are pretty set... Just a few I have still up in the air (breakfasts).

We love the fried chicken at 50's so will go back for that!! We have also had fun relaxing in the Tune-In Lounge. I've had two decent meals for lunch at WCC. WE love the antics... my husband can give as good as he gets!!

The Plaza is in but in the beginning for us... That way Brenda can keep it as her last meal :rotfl2:

Speaking of Brenda.. and her husband Michael. I have been fortunate to meet both and spend quite a bit of time with Brenda now and a bit with Micheal. This will be the first time our husbands meet! Fingers crossed they get along because we actually have 15+ meals together!! :cool1:

Yes I think we do miss you in May as we are the beginning because our 10year wedding Anniversary is on May 1.

Hello Everyone!! Does anyone know what today is?!?!? Well if you've been watching the news or Facebook I'm sure you do!! However... this is no Joke!

We Are Going to Walt Disney World.... THIS MONTH!!!

:cool1: :cheer2: :banana: :dance3: party: :jumping1:

So... In case I have lost you.. And or Confused you... Let me do a quick post of all who will be here THIS Month.

First we have Hunter and I. We will be there from LATE the 23rd or early the 24th until May 7th. Technically 14 nights but that first one doesn't fully count lol. We are celebrating our 10year Wedding Anniversary (and technically could celebrate Hunter's Birthday as it is right after we leave!)

Then we have Beth and her husband Wil. They will be there April 23-April 27. We will be meeting up with them on two of those days.

Next is Barb, famous for keeping up the Live Dining Review Threads! She will be joining in many meals between April 27 and May 4th. Barb is Celebrating her Birthday!

Finally is Brenda and her husband Micheal. They arrive on the 28th and are staying until May 8th. We have almost all of our meals together during that time frame except for a few breakfasts and a lunch or two. Brenda is also celebrating her Birthday!

So as you can see it's going to be a lot of fun and Celebrations! :grouphug: :cool1:

So... now onto the plans for the 7th day of our trip.

Brenda, Michael and Barb will be starting out their day with Breakfast at Kona. Unfortunately Hunter and I cannot be convinced to return after our last couple of disastrous visits. Instead we will meet up with them at the Magic Kingdom!

I've left the FP+ reservations up to Brenda for this day so we will see where she guides us!!

Lunch is at the only other Table Service Restaurant inside Magic Kingdom that we have eaten at.

Liberty Tree Tavern

This meal will be Barb, Brenda, Michael, Hunter and myself.

I do believe we may repeat our meal from December!!

Fried Cheese!
ry%3D400

Colony Salad
ry%3D400

and Pot Roast
ry%3D400

We will spend (I am guessing) some more time after lunch hanging around the MK... or doing whatever else we may feel like!

Dinner tonight is a Disney Classic... However... it's not one I have ever done! :sad2: I wasn't sure Hunter would like it... but then he suggested going there so to there we will go...

And where might this be?!?!

Everyone grab your Floral Shirts cause we are headed to the Polynesian!!

Dinner is at

'Ohana!

Yes.. it is a first for us!! I'm looking forward to FINALLY trying the bread pudding!!

Barb has decided to pass on this meal so it will be us couples dining together on this one!

Wow, you've got quite the group there with you. What fun you will all have.

I'm sorry you've had disastrous events at Kona; it is our favorite "non-character" breakfast and we go as often as we can.

I had the fried cheese at Liberty Tree in August and really enjoyed it.

All I can say about Ohana is that Mark said he would ONLY go again if he could just order dessert. He claimed it to be the BEST he has ever had.

Wow, you've got quite the group there with you. What fun you will all have.

I'm sorry you've had disastrous events at Kona; it is our favorite "non-character" breakfast and we go as often as we can.

I had the fried cheese at Liberty Tree in August and really enjoyed it.

All I can say about Ohana is that Mark said he would ONLY go again if he could just order dessert. He claimed it to be the BEST he has ever had.

Yes! It's going to be great fun!

I know, I am sad about Kona but we've had bad service there almost every time we have gone. And this last time just took the cake and my husband will NOT go back. He had ordered the Samoan and his hollandaise sauce was more like a Lemon Curd! It was just awful.

Did you hear that Tambu Lounge is going to be serving the dessert while the Poly has construction?!?! If we didn't have plans to try 'Ohana itself we would definitely at least be trying the dessert!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter