$10 or less crock pot meals

BBQ Chicken Sandwiches.
3 or 4 Chicken Breasts (frozen or thawed, or fresh - doesn't matter)
1 bottle favorite BBQ sauce (I personally love KC Masterpiece)
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
Red Pepper Chili flakes (to taste. I usually use about 2 teaspoons)

Dump it all in the crockpot. High for ~4 hours or Low for ~6 hours.
Remove chicken and shred. (I shred it in my KitchenAid mixer - takes about 3 minutes.)
Return chicken to crockpot, stir into the sauce.
Use it to make BBQ chicken sandwiches on rolls.
Can top with shredded cheese or French's Fried Onions if you like.
Incredibly easy!

I make my refried beans in the crockpot. Basically, soak dried pinto beans overnight. Rinse them and add to the slow cooker. Cover with water about an inch over. Cook all day. Then fry them up in oil with minced jalepenos, garlic, onions, salt, pepper, cumin, and hot sauce. I mash them in the pan as fry them. Really cheap filling w/ cheese and veggie toppings and salsa in a burrito.

I make my refried beans in the crockpot. Basically, soak dried pinto beans overnight. Rinse them and add to the slow cooker. Cover with water about an inch over. Cook all day. Then fry them up in oil with minced jalepenos, garlic, onions, salt, pepper, cumin, and hot sauce. I mash them in the pan as fry them. Really cheap filling w/ cheese and veggie toppings and salsa in a burrito.
I do something similar. I put pinto beans unsoaked into the crockpot with a chop onion, a jalepeno or two, salt, pepper, cumin, and minced garlic. After the beans are cooked (about 6 hours on high) I just mash it all with a potato masher. Refried beans without the refry. They are delicious and extremely easy. I usually do a whole bag of beans at a time and freeze leftovers.

tried another of cabella's mixes last night-bourbon beef ragout. excellent, and 1/2 of a package makes a huge amount (enough for large double servings for 3 people along with leftovers for dinner tonight). cost was $3.50 for 1/2 of the packaged mix, $5.94 for 2 pounds of beef, and 54 cents for a can of diced tomatoes. did a box of red lobster cheese biscuits which w/ the cheese runs no more than $2.75 (plenty of leftovers for tonight) and salads (maybe $1 each max for all ingredients/dressing). so right at $20 for 2 nights entire meals if I do salads again tonight.

This is one of our favorites. We usually eat it over rice. Leftovers are good as taco/burrito filling.

Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can corn, undrained
  • 1 can Rotel tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 package ranch dressing mix (I only use 1/2 a package)
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 Tbsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 8 oz package light cream cheese
  • 2 chicken breasts

Drain and rinse black beans. Place chicken at bottom of pot, then pour out whole can of corn (undrained), rotel, and black beans. Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together. Place cream cheese on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 hours. Stir cream cheese into chili. Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir together and serve.
I just made this and it was very good, thanks! I didn't have ranch mix so I just added a little ranch dressing but I don't think you even have to, with the cream cheese. I used 1 and 1/2 cups frozen corn in place of canned. The 2 chicken breasts I used weighed 14 oz.

This would also be good if you doubled it and brought it as a hot appetizer to a party. Sprinkle some chopped green scallions over the top and serve with Fritos Scoops.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter