$10 or less crock pot meals

I love using our crockpot. I also recently upgraded to a digital model, which is so much better because I can input exactly how long something needs to cook by 30 minute increments up to 24 hours then once it's done it automatically goes into warming mode. I also love the crockpot liners from reynolds so I don't have to scrub the pot like I used to, just hand wash it in warm water and done.

We love Indian food. My mom got me a great book a few years ago, The Indian Slow Cooker. It's got so many great recipes that are really inexpensive to make, including lots of delicious vegetarian dishes. My favorite is the curried chickpeas which is like chana masala.
Could you tell me the author of the cookbook, there are several that have a similar title. Thanks!

My grocery store seems to have pork roasts on sale a lot (I got a big 3 lb one a few weeks ago for about $7). Sometimes I cook it with potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic just like a pot roast, other times I'll cook it with a bottle of BBQ sauce and shred it for sandwiches later.

I also make a lot of soups in my crock pot (rotisserie chicken bones and leftover meat, veggies from my fridge or frozen even, then I cook the noodles or rice separately and add them into the bowl instead of the soup because I don't like the way they suck up the broth in the leftovers). My husbands favorite soup is beef barley, which I make with beef stew meat, veggies, a can of tomatoes, beef broth and barley.

I also make my homemead spaghetti sauce in the crock pot all day. I put either raw italian sausage or homemade meatballs in the crockpot and let them cook in the sauce all day.

Pulled Pork - I use a bone-in pork butt and rub it down with a spice rub made from spices my family likes already in my cabinet. Cut up a large onion into chunks and place at bottom of crock-pot, then add the pork butt, then add 1 can of Dr. Pepper, Coke or Root Beer. Cover and cook about 8 hours. Most tender, flavorful meat ever! My kids love it. Pull the pork apart and add Stubbs BBQ sauce. Delicious!!

Yes.....This. I've never tried coked. Usually use Root beer. Have used Dr. P but the kids like it better with root beer. The onion is a must....and if you chop em small enough they almost liquify in the crock pot. I've used many different cuts of pork with this. Tenderloin works well too. Bone it butt is more flavor full as there is more fat in it. Good stuff.

Does anyone have a slow cooker recipe using cooked ham? It was our Thanksgiving up here this past weekend and I have a TON left over! Most of it is already sliced thin, but there are a few chunks. TIA

Servings 6-8
1 -2 cup cooked ham, cubed

Directions
  1. Layer half of the ham, potatoes, onions and cheese in crock pot.
  2. Repeat layers.
  3. Spread undiluted soup over the top.
  4. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
  5. Adjust amounts to fit the size of your crock pot.

My favourite cheap meal to make is chili:

1 lb ground beef or chicken
2 cups tomato sauce
2 cans of beans (I use one can red kidney beans and one can black beans)
1 packet of chili seasoning
1-2 tsp of cinnamon
2 tbsp. honey

Brown the beef and mix everything in slow cooker. Cook on low for 2.5 hours.

Super affordable and delicious! And it gets better as leftovers!

Does anyone have a slow cooker recipe using cooked ham? It was our Thanksgiving up here this past weekend and I have a TON left over! Most of it is already sliced thin, but there are a few chunks. TIA

Do you still have the bone? I usually use my ham bone and whatever bits of meat are left to make a 12 bean soup....I buy the bag of beans and the recipe is on there, I think it's just chicken broth or water, onion, celery, carrots, the beans, the ham and bone. If you don't have the bone, it's just as good.

Boneless skinless chicken breasts, bottle of bbq sauce, can of pineapple chunks in juice. Serve over rice. About five bucks plus the negligible price of a cup of uncooked rice into the rice cooker when I get home.

Cook any kind of dried beans or peas with ham. It is awesome. Just was the beans/peas good, put them in the slow cooker. Add plenty of water and the ham. Cook for 8 hrs on low or 4 on high and you are good to go. DM use to love large lima beans cooked like that!

For the leftover ham you can also make Ham and Potato Soup. The recipe I lile is on AllRecipes...Delicious Ham and Potato Soup. It is like a thick chowder.

You can also freeze the ham in ziplocs to use at a later date. I do this all the time and use it to make ham and cheese omelets, etc..

Boneless skinless chicken breasts, bottle of bbq sauce, can of pineapple chunks in juice. Serve over rice. About five bucks plus the negligible price of a cup of uncooked rice into the rice cooker when I get home.

This sounds yummy. I am thinking a spicy sauce with the sweetness of the pineapple. Oh! I am hungry now!

I assume you shred the chicken and add some veggies

I made chicken taco soup in my crock pot last night, and it was delicious. I used a box of chicken stock, some uncooked chicken meat (you could use canned or leftover, too), a can of black beans (rinsed and drained), a can of pinto beans (rinsed and drained), some frozen corn, a can of Rotel and some cumin, thyme, minced garlic, chopped onion, a little cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Instead of the spices you could use a pack of taco seasoning or a can of enchilada sauce. I served it with a bit of shredded cheese, a little salsa, and tortilla chips.

I often do chicken breasts with a jar of salsa. When it's done I shred it and we eat it on soft or hard taco shells. My kids love it and it's so easy!

Another one is chicken breasts with cream of chicken soup served over rice. You could use mushroom or celery soup as well. Any creamed soup would work.

This sounds yummy. I am thinking a spicy sauce with the sweetness of the pineapple. Oh! I am hungry now!

I assume you shred the chicken and add some veggies

We tend to have salad/raw veggies as our veg most nights. I sometimes put bell peppers and onions in that, too.

Roots and Tubers Stew/Soup...

There are recipes out there, but essentially any combination of potatoes, carrots, turnips, parsnips, celery, rutbegas(sp), cubed and thrown in crockpot. I usually add a beer and some veggie boullion cubes and water til it looks right. Can add a small can of diced tomatoes and season with what you have....I always have plenty of Italian seasonings, so that goes in with salt/pepper. I cook on high until it's almost done and then turn it down to low.

This thread is making me hungry. Going to try one of these this coming weekend.

Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
cook low for 6 hr

1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 large onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons garam masala
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter