10 day no exp. a good idea?

CaptDadSparrow

Mouseketeer
We were thinking that since we don't visit more than 3 parks per visit and never more than one park per day, would it make sense to buy a 10 day pass and then pay extra for no expiration?

Doing the math with today's dollars it would seem to last 2-4 trips and save $500 vs buying 3 day passes on three trips and a one day Ickes

I do this all the time. I also add water parks and more option. For about 50 dollars more you have twenty days worth of park days(theme & water) that don't expire. Usually lasts about 4 trips for us and the price seems a little more justified.:thumbsup2

I think its a great idea because your looking at todays prices. Seems like they raise prices alot.

I do this all the time. I also add water parks and more option. For about 50 dollars more you have twenty days worth of park days(theme & water) that don't expire. Usually lasts about 4 trips for us and the price seems a little more justified.:thumbsup2

As long as you are doing this, add the Park Hopper option too. The additional cost is negligible (~$1/day). I think we'll do this the next time we go as well. We would use the water parks and Disney Quest admissions.

I'm thinking about buying the non expiring tickets specifically for the water parks option. Visiting a water park once or twice per visit, it will last for many years.
Even if I'll buy MYW tickets each year, saving the cost of the option each time would make the non expiring tickets worth for the water parks alone.

When I see this question, I always try to tell folks that the WP&M are minor gate tickets. There are 20 entrances on a 10 day MYW WP&M ticket. 10 to major gates and 10 to the minor gates. Once you've used up the major gate entries, the unused minor gate entries are still good forever (with non-expiring, of course).

I don't think most people realize this and I certainly learned this the hard way. I have enough water park entries to get in every day for the rest of my life. LOL

We bought 10 day no expiration in Aug 2010 and we still have some left. I personally really like the idea, but I will say it does sort of suck to have your tickets on your room key over multiple trips, because I try to keep track of how many days we have left but I can't be totally sure. There is no way to check unless actually at Disney. It also is a way to sort of "pre pay" for some of your Disney trip. I've not actually done the math if it saves money, I've just read threads on here about it. Also, we are okay with going to Disney and not going to the parks everyday, which helps the 10 day last over about 3 trips.

We bought 10 day no expiration in Aug 2010 and we still have some left. I personally really like the idea, but I will say it does sort of suck to have your tickets on your room key over multiple trips, because I try to keep track of how many days we have left but I can't be totally sure. There is no way to check unless actually at Disney. It also is a way to sort of "pre pay" for some of your Disney trip. I've not actually done the math if it saves money, I've just read threads on here about it. Also, we are okay with going to Disney and not going to the parks everyday, which helps the 10 day last over about 3 trips.

IMO, anybody buying MYW tickets, especially ones that don't expire, really should buy them at a ticket window and have tickets separate from their KTTW card. We haven't had any tickets tied to our KTTW cards in 15 years and it works a lot better that way.

I also think it is a good idea to buy 10 day no expiriation tickets (with the wp&m option). I wouldn't put them on my KTTW. Just get them as a separate ticket. You can't count on many things today, but you can count on the price of Disney tickets going up in the future. Lock in at today's prices makes sense if you can afford them.

The one thing that I've read on the downside is that many go unused because they get lost or forgotten. Keep them in a safe place. I'd also take a picture of the back of them so if you do lose them, you could probably get them replaced. Losing them is the only way that I can see you getting burned with this approach.

IMO, anybody buying MYW tickets, especially ones that don't expire, really should buy them at a ticket window and have tickets separate from their KTTW card. We haven't had any tickets tied to our KTTW cards in 15 years and it works a lot better that way.

If you want to purchase your tickets before hand, you can purchase just tickets at your AAA office, or your local Disney Store, or over the Internet.

If you want to purchase your tickets before hand, you can purchase just tickets at your AAA office, or your local Disney Store, or over the Internet.

... or with other discount sites such as Undercover Tourist or Tickets at Work (if your workplace participates) - both of these are within a couple dollars of AAA if you are not a memeber. The discounts aren't substantial, but can add up to a good meal vs. direct rates.

Basically, if you are planning to go to the parks more than 4 times per trip, or you would use it up in one year, the non-expiring is not a good deal. It works out to about $65 per day (assuming the WP&F option is included, but taken as a bonus not a cost savings). I plan to buy one of these (maybe 2) for myself in the next year, since my travel plans are to go for long weekends and not spend some days in the parks, but instead touring resorts and travelling to Universal when desired.

If I were to buy an annual pass, I wouldn't feel right relaxing and not going to Disney parks, and least in the first few years, so I don't want to open myself up to that yet.

If I were to buy an annual pass, I wouldn't feel right relaxing and not going to Disney parks, and least in the first few years, so I don't want to open myself up to that yet.

Yea after a few years when youve done everything over and over-the AP can be great for a more relaxed pace. While we do hit a park each day-we often sleep in, get lunch by the pool, eventually meander over to EPCOT for dinner/drinks/Illuminations and not feel like we "wasted" a whole day pass. If we actually had to burn a park pass, we would feel "commando mode" is necessary-which is not relaxing at all.

Even the rare occassion we hit IOA-we still walk over to Fantasmic that eve.

I have a friend that will be glad to hear about the 10 day nonexpire having 10 water park days as well-never knew that, and she tends to go to WDW for long weekends at the most.

We've made about 6 trips to WDW since Feb.09,generally 4 or 5 night trips.For our first trip in 09 we bought a 10 day no exp. with water and magic.This year we bought another 10 day no exp. but still have 8 extras (water parks&).As far as I'm concerned it's the only way to go for us.

We always make a copy of our tickets and have lost them several times:) Each and every time we've gone to a park and they've been able to replace them. The only bummer (If you want to call it that)is that Undercover Tourist sends tickets made of kevlar so they're almost impossible to break ,and disney replaces them with plastic.

When I see this question, I always try to tell folks that the WP&M are minor gate tickets. There are 20 entrances on a 10 day MYW WP&M ticket. 10 to major gates and 10 to the minor gates. Once you've used up the major gate entries, the unused minor gate entries are still good forever (with non-expiring, of course).

I don't think most people realize this and I certainly learned this the hard way. I have enough water park entries to get in every day for the rest of my life. LOL

Us too!!! Especially that at this point in our lives, our trips are at Christmas. Not always ideal weather for waterparks!! Although when we do go, the crowds are pretty thin!!

We have been going the 10-day hopper no exp date way for years now. Over the last two years we have been going twice a year but only for three nights. If we visit parks on two days that's only four days use on the ten days per year. We have gotten three years out of our ten-day hoppers.

I look at the 10 day park hopper no expiration tickets I bought in 2000 and really wish I would have bought A LOT more back then.

Even now as ticket prices increase every year I wish I would have the funds to buy several sets for our family and put them away for future use.

We always buy 10-day no expire tickets with park hopping. They last us 2-2.5 trips.

When I worked it out, they were generally a good idea only if you are using them in short bursts (3-4 days or less). Once you get over the hump (changes depending on price increases) they don't make money sense for the main gates.

Using current Undercover Tourist prices:

4 days MYW = $256
5 day MYW = $269
10 day MYW+NE = $605

To get an equal number of days:
buying 5x 4 day tickets = $1280 vs 2 x 10 day = $1210, or $70 savings

Buying 2x 5 day tickets = $538 vs 1x 10 day = $605, or a $67 loss

Of course this doesn't include potential price increases in the future. If you can buy all your tickets today for your lifetime I'm sure you will save money.

Also, having one around for multiple trips with waterpark admissions can also skew some trips to a slight gain.

Bring a mini Sharpie pen and make a check mark for each main park day you use, and an x for each waterpark visit you make? Do it on each ticket as you walk into the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter