10/27 2012 A little Halloween MAGIC!

Angie just posted on Facebook that she'd had to cancel this cruise. Stacey, what about you and me taking it on? We can work out the details this next week and all. What tea ya say? A Project Manager and a Producer...what could go wrong? :yay:

Joye

LOL...I had already started looking at which FE were on what decks etc..to organize for delivery.

WE can do that. I will email you directly etc.

I wish we could do the FE, but DH isn't really feeling this cruise anyway and would kill me if I spent any more money :sad:

Ok, settled for us. Formal it is! DH will be wearing his tux. Now I just need to find a dress. Something that doesn't look like I'm trying to be a princess though. A bit too old for that. :lmao:

This will be fun. Formal night, Pirate night, Halloween, Semi-Formal night. I'm going to need a bigger suitcase. ;)

I'm thinking we might have a nice, rather empty cruise this trip. I've just been on the DisneyCruise website checking out activities. Just for grins I selected Palo for brunches and dinners and there are a ton of openings still. Wow. So if anyone wanted to do Palo go for it.

We're not doing FE this trip, but I'll be bringing treats for the kids to stick in FEs. Anyone have a little one with peanut allergies? Double-checking before I buy anything.

I had to cancel this cruise a couple of months ago, but I am back! Jennifer and I will be cruising without my daughter this time. We will be on the October 22-27 Carnival Triumph, so we figured we might as well just walk down the pier and jump on the Magic again!

Added our info back to the FE list. Can't wait to meet everyone.

FYI, I will be on the September 29, 2012 Magic sailing as well, so hopefully I will be a Galveston Magic expert by then!

For those flying into Houston George Bush Intercontinental just curious to know if anyone is flying in Fri night, staying at an airport hotel then taking Disney transportation to the port OR flying in, taking transportation to a hotel AT the port then staying the night at a port hotel! Haven't booked it yet and trying to decide the best thing to do! Any suggestions?

For those flying into Houston George Bush Intercontinental just curious to know if anyone is flying in Fri night, staying at an airport hotel then taking Disney transportation to the port OR flying in, taking transportation to a hotel AT the port then staying the night at a port hotel! Haven't booked it yet and trying to decide the best thing to do! Any suggestions?

We're not flying into IAH (flying into hobby) but we are flying in the day before and using Disney transport to go to Hotel Galvez in Galveston. Then using Disney transport to get to the port in the morning. I know how really bad traffic can be in the Houston area!

I am not flying in because I live in the greater Houston area... But my advice is to not stay at the airport. IAH is not as bad an area as Hobby, but I would always recommend going strait down to Galveston. If you can, try to get there early enough to check out the island a little. We love Galveston as a city.

Hello all!

Unfortunately, Angie had to cancel for this sailing:-)(), so Stacey (bgsmnky) and I have taken on finishing up the FE List organization. Most of the communication has been going on over on this DISMeet's page on Facebook--please come join us there if you haven't already! (https://www.facebook.com/groups/213159735479129/)

From Angie's original rules and subsequent clarification:

We'll cut off the list on Sept. 27. At that time, if the list has greater than fifteen participating cabins, we'll split as necessary. If we split, anyone who wishes to be in more than one group is certainly welcome to.

If someone wishes to join after Sept. 27, they are welcome to. However, it will be with the caveat that they may not receive gifts from everyone in their group, as many will have already finished their FE preparations.

As I mentioned before, I will send out floor plans with participating cabins indicated approximately 2 weeks prior to sailing.

Again, you can access the FE participant list here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhdqVUBx7E8OdDR4Z29tSmRUNS1hNWs4REFObkxZMFE#gid=0

Hope this clarifies any questions anyone may have had.

Based on a poll on the Facebook page, we're going to attempt to balance the groups between participant children's age and ship location (fore/aft), but still try and keep a bit of a mix.

NEW! Also, since some people have mentioned that they want to participate in more than one group, please indicate that in the column I've added.

At the moment, we have 26 participating cabins--unless we get a lot more by the cutoff day, I'd like to simply split into two groups, rather than end up with uneven groups. If we end up with another 10+ cabins, maybe 3 groups. (Or if a lot of people want to be in multiple groups).

Make sense? Clear as mud?

Lastlly, September 27th is coming up fast (only 37 days til the cruise!) so if you've been on the fence about joining, or have just decided to, I want to encourage you to not hesitate, go sign up now!

joye
(www.facebook.com/joyeprice on FB)

My family and I are going on this cruise also. My kids who are 8 and 5 won't know till the day we get to the boat. I'm very excited about going on a Disney cruise. It's almost here!!!

What is fish extender for and what happens?

A group of people (us!) will pre-arrange a list of each other's room numbers. On the ship, we will all hang a Fish Extender (a decorated series of small pouches) outside our room. At some random time, each of us will go to all of the other rooms on our list and fill everyone else's pouches with small gifts. When you return to your room, there is always a little extra magic waiting for you!

That was a very simple overview...it is a lot of fun, especially for little ones...they -love- returning to the room to check the FE!

More info here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2660789

Is this your kids first cruise? I SO badly wanted to keep it a secret but my husband couldn't help himself. We planned it over a year ago and that was just too much for him. :rotfl: Originally we told them just that it was a cruise, with the intention of them being surprised by Disney when we got there but eventually we caved to the pressure of them wanting to see the ship online.

My family and I are going on this cruise also. My kids who are 8 and 5 won't know till the day we get to the boat. I'm very excited about going on a Disney cruise. It's almost here!!!

Meet the Group!

We have a meet scheduled! Saturday. The 27th at 2:30 pm on Secret Deck 7 (http://www.*******************/secret.htm).

It'll be a chance to meet everyone and receive any last minute updates to the FE list, such as cabin number changes, etc.

Hope to see you there!

(Over on Facebook, see my post about 3-4 up from this one for the Facebook group info)

We're not flying into IAH (flying into hobby) but we are flying in the day before and using Disney transport to go to Hotel Galvez in Galveston. Then using Disney transport to get to the port in the morning. I know how really bad traffic can be in the Houston area!

I am thinking of surprising my daughter with this cruise since there are some great *GT rates available. I'm wondering how the Disney transfers work? We would have to fly in the day before.

How would it work to take a Disney transfer from Hobby to a Galveston hotel and then another transfer from the hotel to the port?

Thanks!

I am thinking of surprising my daughter with this cruise since there are some great *GT rates available. I'm wondering how the Disney transfers work? We would have to fly in the day before.

How would it work to take a Disney transfer from Hobby to a Galveston hotel and then another transfer from the hotel to the port?

Thanks!

Here is what I *think* is about to happen for us.. :)

We are staying at the Marriott right by Hobby...(booked through Disney) - the hotel has a free shuttle to and from the airport. We fly in Friday, take the free hotel shuttle. When we wake up Saturday morning, (about now the kids start to figure out we aren't going to Uncle Aaron's wedding as they were told......) we should be greeted in the lobby by a Disney table & loaded onto a Disney bus.

That is what happened at LAX in Feb 2012, anyway...when we checked in they gave us a paper advising us to leave our luggage in our room. Not sure if TX has the same setup, but that was nice...

Crecia27 said:
Is this your kids first cruise? I SO badly wanted to keep it a secret but my husband couldn't help himself. We planned it over a year ago and that was just too much for him. :rotfl: Originally we told them just that it was a cruise, with the intention of them being surprised by Disney when we got there but eventually we caved to the pressure of them wanting to see the ship online.

Hi it's been hard keeping a secret. But so far they have no idea we are going. They think we are next summer instead with family. My kids have never been on a cruise. They are 8 and 5 yo boys. How old are yours ?

Hi,
We are going to fly into IAH on Friday and then stay in Galveston for the night and get a taxi to the port on Saturday morning. Not decided on a hotel yet!
And for you guys that are surprising the kids - it is so much fun. We last cruised in Feb on The Wonder and my kids (10 and 7) thought we were driving to Montana for the weekend (as we only live 4 hours from the border). They came home from school and then we told them that actually we were going to Disneyland and on a cruise. The response was amazing! it was hard work getting everything ready and getting FE stuff ready without them getting suspicious but soooo worth it!! the only problem now is that every time we do go to Montana they think its a cruise:rotfl2:

Hope you guys can keep the secret from your kids
Nikki
x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter