10/26/2013 - A Western Fantasy Halloween Cruise

Greetings all! My name is Faith, my husband Shane and I will be cruising on the Fantasy October 26, 2013 along with our 2 sons Shane Jr (13) and Nash (9). This will be the second half of a B2B (Oct. 19 & 26). Our first cruise was on the Disney Fantasy Maiden Voyage last Spring. We loved every second of our first adventure and are so excited to get back onboard! We would also like to join the FE exchange. I have requested to join the closed group on Facebook, just waiting for permission.
Thanks and good night.
:beach:

We did a B2B on the Fantasy last year to celebrate my 50th! It was the best vacation of my life!!!!

We did a B2B on the Fantasy last year to celebrate my 50th! It was the best vacation of my life!!!!

We did the NYE Fantasy cruise on Dec 29th 2012 to celebrate my 50th too. It was amazing to have so many birthday wishes from castmembers. :cool1:

Bring something like a brightly colored bandana...
On Castaway Cay you can tie to your umbrella pole to spot it easily...or...if you have a veranda you can tie it on the top rail so you can spot your stateroom when you get off in port (which has no purpose other than fun to see where your storeroom is located)

We did the NYE Fantasy cruise on Dec 29th 2012 to celebrate my 50th too. It was amazing to have so many birthday wishes from castmembers. :cool1:

Did you happen to play bingo on your birthday? If you do, you get a gift!

Did you happen to play bingo on your birthday? If you do, you get a gift!

Bingo is one of those activities I haven't done in a Disney Cruise, every time I think of playing Bingo For some reason I just don't. Last time I went in the Buenavista Theater and the room was full.

I'll give it a try with DW on this cruise on her birthday, Nov 1st.

Thank you for mentioning the gift, I didn't know that. :goodvibes

Bingo is one of those activities I haven't done in a Disney Cruise, every time I think of playing Bingo For some reason I just don't. Last time I went in the Buenavista Theater and the room was full.

I'll give it a try with DW on this cruise on her birthday, Nov 1st.

Thank you for mentioning the gift, I didn't know that. :goodvibes

We did it on our last cruise and it was okay. Expensive. But fun for the kids.

Ok I have to ask, How much is it to play Bingo ? And what is the Red Bingo for dummies ? :confused3

I found these numbers on an old thread:

A sheet of 3 paper cards was $30.
A sheet of 3 paper cards and the electronic machine was $50
A sheet of 3 paper cards and an electronic machine that had more cards was $60
A family pack with two sets of paper cards and 2 electronic machines was $70. The family pack had the same number of cards over all as the $60 pack.

If you buy the electronic machine, it does all the work for you. It lets you know when you only need one more number (at which point you stand up), and then it lets you know when you win (and you must shout bingo before they call the next number). You can basically sit there and drink and enjoy the show!

I also seem to think that prices go up as the jackpot grows . . .

I found these numbers on an old thread:

A sheet of 3 paper cards was $30.
A sheet of 3 paper cards and the electronic machine was $50
A sheet of 3 paper cards and an electronic machine that had more cards was $60
A family pack with two sets of paper cards and 2 electronic machines was $70. The family pack had the same number of cards over all as the $60 pack.

If you buy the electronic machine, it does all the work for you. It lets you know when you only need one more number (at which point you stand up), and then it lets you know when you win (and you must shout bingo before they call the next number). You can basically sit there and drink and enjoy the show!

I also seem to think that prices go up as the jackpot grows . . .

Thank you for the info. :goodvibes

hi we have just booked this cruise can someone add me to the facebook cruise page thank you:cheer2:

Hi and welcome. On FB, you will need to message Michael (the current administrator of the cruise group) who will add you to the group.

hi we have just booked this cruise can someone add me to the facebook cruise page thank you:cheer2:

Could you please resend the request. I accidently clicked on "ignore" instead of "accept" (mouse jiggled). Now, I can't seem to get FB to let me add you.

:surfweb:

The Cove Cafe [loacated on Deck 11], offers some snacks you can help yourself to during all of their open hours. This Cafe is an Adult Only area that is enforced (even if you are just going in for a minute to grab something). The good news is there is another Cafe, where all are welcome, and you get the same snacks! The Vista Cafe is located on Deck 4, with a great view over looking the Atrium.

Cove Cafe
[located on deck 11]

Cove-Cafe1.jpg

Menu Date: March 2012
Espresso $2.25/$3.25
Cappuccino $2.95
Cafe Latte $2.95
Cafe Mocha $2.95
Macchiato $2.25/$3.25
Coffee Toledo - Baileys, Kahlua, Espresso, Hershey's Chocolate sauce, Whipped Cream $6.50
Mint Mocha Latte - Creme de Menthe, espresso, Hershey's Chocolate Sauce, milk, whipped cream $6.50
FRAPPE - $3.95
Double Mocha Latte
Caramel Latte
Frozen Cappuccino 1/3 Espresso blended with vanilla ice cream $4.00
Chai Latte $2.95/$3.95
COGNAC
Remy Martin VSOP $9.75
Courvoisier XO $9.75
Hennessy Paradise $42
Remy Martin Louis XIII
--1 oz. $105
--1.5 oz. $165
--2 oz. $200
SCOTCH
Dewar's White Label $5.75
Johnnie Walker Black $8.25
Chivas Regal $8.25
Johnnie Walker Blue $35
SINGLE MALT
Macallan Select Oak $7.25
Glenfiddich $8.25
Dalwhinnie $8.75
Glenmorangie $8.75
Macallan Whisky Maker's Edition $10.50
Macallan Estate Reserve $59
MARTINIS
Espresso Martini - Absolut Vanilla, Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, Frangelico, Espresso $8.50
Toblerontini - Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, Frangelico, Baileys, Kahlua, Honey $8.50
Eco-Tini - VeeV Acai Liqueur, Triple Sec, Agave Nectar, Ginger, Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice, served with a souvenir Acai Seed Bracelet $9.50
SPARKLING WINES & CHAMPAGNE
Enchanted Rose Piedmont, Italy $5.75
Iron Horse Brut Celebration Fairy Tale Cuvee $11.00
Taittinger Brut La Francaise $14.50
WHITE WINES
Pinot Grigio, Italy $5.75
Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc, Sonoma County $9.50
Captain's Choice Chardonnay Santa Barbara $7.50
RED WINES
Robert Mondavi Merlot Private Selection $7.25
Kendall-Jackson Cabernet Sauvignon Vintner's Reserve $8.00
Captain's Choice Cabernet Sauvignon $8.25
Savoring the Fragrance of Tea
All specialty teas serve in a teapot
$4.25

Masala Black Chai Tea
Imperial English Breakfast
Thunderbolt Darjeeling
Floral Jasmine
Osmanthus Oolong
Russian Early Grey
Tangerine Rooibos
Harmony
All prices include applicable sales tax.

Vista Cafe
[located on deck 4]

Vista%20Cafe%20Bar

Menu Date: February 2011

Coffee Favorites
Coffee Toledo - Baileys, Kahlua, Espresso, Hershey's Chocolate Sauce, Whipped Cream $6.50
Mint Mocha Latte - Green Creme de Menthe, Espresso, Hershey's Chocolate Sauce, milk, Whipped Cream $6.50
Frappe - Double Mocha Latte or Caramel Latte $3.95
Espresso $2.25/ $3.25
Cappuccino
Cafe Latte
Cafe Mocha
Macchiato $2.25 / $3.10
Frozen Cappuccino or Mochacinio $3.25/$4.00
Chai Latte $2.95/$3.95
Specialty teas served in a pot $4.25
Selection of Cognacs $7.25 - $200.00
Selection of Scotch $5.75 - $35
Selection of Single Malt $7.25 - $59
Martinis $8.50 - $9.50
Sparking Wines and Champage - $5.75 - $14.50
Selection of Red and White Wines by the Glass $6.50 - $11.75
Selection of Fortified Wines $6.75 - $15.25

My sister and I will be joining you all and you would not believe how excited we are. It's my first cruise and I admit it, I know next to nothing about what to expect.

I just noticed that the semi-formal night will be on Halloween (I think)...do you think they will switch the Captain's Gala to another night or do they even acknowledge it's Halloween?

I can't believe I'm already planning my wardrobe for the trip....

Thanks for any insight you can give me.

:surfweb:

The Cove Cafe [loacated on Deck 11], offers some snacks you can help yourself to during all of their open hours. This Cafe is an Adult Only area that is enforced (even if you are just going in for a minute to grab something). The good news is there is another Cafe, where all are welcome, and you get the same snacks! The Vista Cafe is located on Deck 4, with a great view over looking the Atrium.

Coffee Toledo - Baileys, Kahlua, Espresso, Hershey's Chocolate sauce, [/COLOR]

MMMMM...... Coffee Toledo...... Yummy, but dangerous stuff, my friends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter