10/26/2013 - A Western Fantasy Halloween Cruise

dizney-cruiser, love the tip of the day idea! I'd like to offer one for today, if you don't mind.

The wine package can be a good deal depending on the type wine you select. But for us, we can't drink a full bottle every night (well, we could, but we'd probably be sent to our staterooms for poor behavior!). :drinking1We learned on our last cruise that you can buy the 5-night wine package on the 7-night cruise! That worked out perfectly for us.

I don't mind at all!! Anything that can get some conversation moving over here is a plus for me!! It makes the time pass a bit faster!! :thumbsup2

Here are a couple of oldies but goodies:

pirate: Bring an over the door shoe holder [the type with many pockets]! We keep most of our toiletry items in there to keep them handy and from bouncing around - and on our last cruise we started putting a pump bottle of hand sanitizer in there so we can clean our hands when we get back to the stateroom and as we head out.

pirate: You can store your empty suitcases under your bed - but you don't need to limit that to empty suitcases - if you have a small bag for dirty clothes that you leave in the closet, you can periodically empty that into a bigger bag under the bed. If you need more closet space, you can store the life vests under there (just make sure all are aware they are there in the event of an emegergency).

pirate: Often times, the "dollar spot at Target" has "magnetic disney white boards"! They are great to have either on the inside or the outside of your stateroom door so you can track where people are when you are looking for them.

pirate: Bringing clothespins allows you to hang more wet clothes on the clothesline in the shower.

pirate: If your stateroom has a verandah and is on the Starboard side, enjoy breakfast out there on the day we go to castaway cay! You can watch as we pull in and as the castmembers get off to start setting up! You can also catch the guys from Abaco as they come over on their boats to organize all the water sports!

pirate: This is a newer tip - and perhaps the most important. . . if at anytime, anyone hears you call the Disney Fantasy a boat [as opposed to a ship] you owe them a drink!! :drinking1

Have a great day!!

We didn't join everyone that day - but we were on that cruise!! [along with PricnessTrisha and her parents!!] :)

Even though we were on that cruise we didn't join everyone that day either. I went to Nachi Cocum on my Carnival Cruise in March 2011.

They have great cocktails, a nice pools and large hot tub, decent food, good bathrooms (though wear flip flops or shoes because the floors get wet and sandy due to people coming in and out of the ocean), and a lot of beach front property. It's a very relaxing day.

I don't mind at all!! Anything that can get some conversation moving over here is a plus for me!! It makes the time pass a bit faster!! :thumbsup2

Here are a couple of oldies but goodies:

pirate: You can store your empty suitcases under your bed - but you don't need to limit that to empty suitcases - if you have a small bag for dirty clothes that you leave in the closet, you can periodically empty that into a bigger bag under the bed. If you need more closet space, you can store the life vests under there (just make sure all are aware they are there in the event of an emegergency).

Have a great day!!

Great tips Janice!

Along with this one, I'd say - throughout the week, don't forget/ignore that you have stored your luggage under the bed. If you make purchases or have dirty laundry, pack them into your suitcases each day. It saves you from having to spend half of your last day packing up. If you're finished with something, pack it away! By the last day, it should be a lot easier to finish packing and still enjoy that last day/night at sea.

Hello,
I will realy like to join the Fe List. For my family what info do u need? I will ♥ for my boys to have the best experience Its our fist Disney cruisepixiedust:

If you have one person that goes and gets beverages for the whole family, bring a cup holder from home! The one I have is from Dublin Donuts, but you can get them from anywhere (the ones from chikfila fold flat so they are easy to throw in the suitcase).

(Ok, I miss that segment on the old resort tv loop at WDW!! Stacy's fun and all, but really how could you top that? :rotfl2:)

If you're up early, or out really late - take your camera and grab pictures of the ship without a bunch of people you don't know in them!

(Ok, I miss that segment on the old resort tv loop at WDW!! Stacy's fun and all, but really how could you top that? :rotfl2:)

If you're up early, or out really late - take your camera and grab pictures of the ship without a bunch of people you don't know in them!

. . . it's nice to know I'm not alone!!! :beach:

Hello everyone!

My husband and I are so excited to spend our first anniversary on a Disney cruise. We are ready to book this cruise but i wanted to get advice on booking it first. Any good deals out there booking with travel agents or should I just book through disneycruise.com? We went on a carnival cruise for our honeymoon and waited till a month before sailing to get a really good deal. Does Disney offer big discounts like that right before sailing? My last Disney cruise was in 2001 when i was 11!!! I'm sooo past due on another cruise. My husband has never been on a Disney cruise so hes really excited too. I'm new to this site so I'm still trying to figure everything out. I'm assuming DW stands for Disney wife and DH is Disney husband? Help!!!

Hello everyone!

My husband and I are so excited to spend our first anniversary on a Disney cruise. We are ready to book this cruise but i wanted to get advice on booking it first. Any good deals out there booking with travel agents or should I just book through disneycruise.com? We went on a carnival cruise for our honeymoon and waited till a month before sailing to get a really good deal. Does Disney offer big discounts like that right before sailing? My last Disney cruise was in 2001 when i was 11!!! I'm sooo past due on another cruise. My husband has never been on a Disney cruise so hes really excited too. I'm new to this site so I'm still trying to figure everything out. I'm assuming DW stands for Disney wife and DH is Disney husband? Help!!!

Hello and :welcome: to the DIS. We usually book through a company called Dreams Unlimited. They are a DIS sponsor and offer some good incentives for booking through them, in terms of onboard credit and they are excellent to work with.

There is a list of common abbreviations used on the site at this link.

I really hope you decide to join our group on this cruise, it's shaping up to be a great group :thumbsup2

dizney-cruiser, love the tip of the day idea! I'd like to offer one for today, if you don't mind.

The wine package can be a good deal depending on the type wine you select. But for us, we can't drink a full bottle every night (well, we could, but we'd probably be sent to our staterooms for poor behavior!). :drinking1We learned on our last cruise that you can buy the 5-night wine package on the 7-night cruise! That worked out perfectly for us.

Did you prepurchase this? I too cannot drink the 7 but 5 would be great

Did you prepurchase this? I too cannot drink the 7 but 5 would be great

I believe you will be able to set that up your first night dinner dinner

We set it up at dinner. For us, we prefered buying gift cards to use on board (our grocery store will run a 4x points special on gift cards a couple times a year, so we get the extra savings on our gas as well as the savings from using our Disney cc), so we set aside one of those gift cards to cover the wine package.

You can use GCs for your on board account - you just take them to guest services at some point during your cruise. A word of warning - any funds not spent will be refunded to the gift card, so don't get rid of them until you know nothing has been refunded back to them after your cruise!

We just booked our first Disney Cruise!!!! DSis and I will be with you fine folks for the best Halloween ever!!! Cabin 8644 - so excited!

Greetings all! My name is Faith, my husband Shane and I will be cruising on the Fantasy October 26, 2013 along with our 2 sons Shane Jr (13) and Nash (9). This will be the second half of a B2B (Oct. 19 & 26). Our first cruise was on the Disney Fantasy Maiden Voyage last Spring. We loved every second of our first adventure and are so excited to get back onboard! We would also like to join the FE exchange. I have requested to join the closed group on Facebook, just waiting for permission.
Thanks and good night.
:beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter