IMG_3314.jpg

Broccolli soup recipe for Nancy - warning! - its 2 points though

POINTS® Value: 2
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 14 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Works with Simply Filling
Evaporated skim milk is a healthy way to add creaminess to soup instead of using cream.

Ingredients

1 medium onion(s), chopped
1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
2 pound(s) broccoli, tough ends removed, stems and florets chopped
4 cup(s) fat-free chicken broth, or vegetable broth
1 cup(s) fat-free evaporated milk
1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste
1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste

Instructions
Combine onion and garlic in a 2-quart saucepan with 1/4 cup of water. Simmer until onion is soft, about 10 minutes; spoon vegetables into a large pot.

Add broccoli and broth to pot; bring to a boil over high heat. Once soup boils, reduce heat and simmer until broccoli is soft but still green, about 8 minutes. Do not cover pot while broccoli is cooking or it will turn gray.

Remove soup from heat; puree until smooth in batches in a blender (be careful not to splatter hot liquid) or puree in pot using an immersion blender. Add evaporated milk and hot pepper sauce to soup; season to taste with salt and pepper. Yields about 1 3/4 cups per serving.
Notes
Fresh chives brighten the flavor of cream soups. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of minced chives over each serving. Or, if available, garnish each bowl with 1 chive blossom.

I paid off my flights today :banana:and finally got round to paying off my cruise :banana:- (meant to do it 2 days ago and didnt have chance.)

Still to pay - car hire (we pay for that when we collect the car) and travel insurance (will get an annual policy nearer the time)

Oh I'm sure he'll be all over that one too. :cutie:

Sorry to post and run H. I have to leave for work. :headache:

You know... as soon as I posted that I thought that EXACT thing - "Ohhhh.... Mike is gonna get me for this one!!" - but he must not have seen it yet! :rotfl2:

Just checking in quickly this morning. So much to do at work since today is my Friday (yay!! Chicago - here I come!!) :banana:

Yay Karen on your 10,000 steps - keep up the great work!!!!! :banana::thumbsup2:woohoo:

My Favorite Musketeer:
IMG_3314.jpg

Jen - what WONDERFUL pictures!! I wish we had something like that around here! Looks like lots of fun. Your little one is adorable!!!! I'm sure my 7 year old DD will have a crush on him in October!! (well, she doesn't like boys, so maybe not :rotfl2:)

Just popping in to say hi. Its hard to keep up with all of you guys, you sure are chatty! We went away camping and now there is a whole new thread!! :surfweb:

Only a few months left before the Bash!!

Jennifer

Well it is hitting me officially!

I am now back to reality. The world of budgets, elevator projects, stuff breaking and needing fixing, and IT issues.

I am just in a holding pattern now waiting for our IT Director to check my computer for a glitch yesterday that locked me off the network after a major upgrade. I can't do much except wait.

Good morning all! I am present and excited that we are close to double digits. :banana: I am bombarded at work. What are they thinking making me work this hard.? :lmao:

Broccolli soup recipe for Nancy - warning! - its 2 points though

POINTS® Value: 2
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 14 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Works with Simply Filling
Evaporated skim milk is a healthy way to add creaminess to soup instead of using cream.

Ingredients

1 medium onion(s), chopped
1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
2 pound(s) broccoli, tough ends removed, stems and florets chopped
4 cup(s) fat-free chicken broth, or vegetable broth
1 cup(s) fat-free evaporated milk
1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste
1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste

Instructions
Combine onion and garlic in a 2-quart saucepan with 1/4 cup of water. Simmer until onion is soft, about 10 minutes; spoon vegetables into a large pot.

Add broccoli and broth to pot; bring to a boil over high heat. Once soup boils, reduce heat and simmer until broccoli is soft but still green, about 8 minutes. Do not cover pot while broccoli is cooking or it will turn gray.

Remove soup from heat; puree until smooth in batches in a blender (be careful not to splatter hot liquid) or puree in pot using an immersion blender. Add evaporated milk and hot pepper sauce to soup; season to taste with salt and pepper. Yields about 1 3/4 cups per serving.
Notes
Fresh chives brighten the flavor of cream soups. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of minced chives over each serving. Or, if available, garnish each bowl with 1 chive blossom.

Sounds great Karen. Thank you!:cutie:

I paid off my flights today :banana:and finally got round to paying off my cruise :banana:- (meant to do it 2 days ago and didnt have chance.)

Still to pay - car hire (we pay for that when we collect the car) and travel insurance (will get an annual policy nearer the time)

Feels good having it all paid for doesn't it Karen? :woohoo:

Just popping in to say hi. Its hard to keep up with all of you guys, you sure are chatty! We went away camping and now there is a whole new thread!! :surfweb:

Jennifer

Hiya Jen...good to see you here.

Jennifer

I have a feeling it's only going to get worse from here on in :rolleyes1 :cool1::thumbsup2

---

Great photo of Thomas Jen! Too bad he wasn't with you at Jeff's party, I was looking forward to seeing him :cool2:

Dave is calling me to bed, so I better go. I do have some more packing to do, but that can wait.....

TTFN! :tigger:

well hello!!!:cool1: dave is my hero.:thumbsup2:cool2:

Ohhhh Noooo...Sistah P. Mikey is going to make something "norty" out of that quote. :lmao:

Brace yourselves everyone. ;)

:lmao::lmao:I've been waiting for him to pick up on Angie's post - see below

Oh I'm sure he'll be all over that one too. :cutie:

You know... as soon as I posted that I thought that EXACT thing - "Ohhhh.... Mike is gonna get me for this one!!" - but he must not have seen it yet! :rotfl2:

what going on here??? you chics trying to set me up to get banned from the dis??:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:
not gonna happen. mikeys a good boy.:angel::angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter