10/24/09 Bash on the Boat (I'm With BOB) Thread #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats just a good way to clean out whirlpool tubs. put bleach in the water and let it run for a while. You will be amazed at the stuff that gets flushed out!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was browsing around the well known travel sites today and am considering looking into flying out of one of the NY airports for our cruise. The prices look good from White Plains, and LaGuardia. The prices are based on this years dates, but promising nonetheless.

It doesn't hurt to book a room at the Radisson, no $$ is needed now, you can cancel up to a day or two ahead of time and not have to pay for the room.

I wish we could book at the Radisson....but with the whole crew of family coming, it's going to be quite a trick of logistics to get us all to port. I think we're going to end up doing what we did for '07 - stay at a hotel near the airport (probably not the Hyatt), get our own ground transportation Saturday morning, and get to port by 9:30-10:00 am. Last time, I got about the last #2 boarding pass (which I traded to Tart and Dawg since my mom ended up with a #3) which was just fine.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see all my DIS buddies at port!

I was browsing around the well known travel sites today and am considering looking into flying out of one of the NY airports for our cruise. The prices look good from White Plains, and LaGuardia. The prices are based on this years dates, but promising nonetheless.

Chris - I was wondering how you were getting airline prices already! :confused3

We live in Southern WI but flew out of Chicago Midway last year - I got a good rate. I have no idea how much it will cost this time.

Jeff - when will flights be released for our dates? I know you know....

We live in Southern WI but flew out of Chicago Midway last year - I got a good rate. I have no idea how much it will cost this time.

I think the major airlines, (American, United, Delta, Continental, etc) will post their rates and schedules 330 days out. The LCC will be closer to the dates.

I think the major airlines, (American, United, Delta, Continental, etc) will post their rates and schedules 330 days out. The LCC will be closer to the dates.

That's right....330 days out was the magic number.

Guess I've still got a little while to wait...:rolleyes:

thats just a good way to clean out whirlpool tubs. put bleach in the water and let it run for a while. You will be amazed at the stuff that gets flushed out!

It's not a whirlpool that has standing water in it, it is one like you'd have in your master bath at home, you fill it when you use it.

I hope they scrub the tub after each guest. :scared:

All airlines except Air Tran should be out at 330 days. You'd have to calc from the day you're going go down to get the outbound.

Now if you're doing the round trip, you'll have to wait until 330 days from that date.

Since there are 365 from 2008 to 2009, just add 35 days to the date you plan on coming back (or flying out if booking 2 one-ways). We plan on Nov 1st, so that would be December 5th (I think).

I always start looking a couple days earlier just in case it happens to pop up early. Plus, I usually start checking at midnight each day.

Well Andy, I didn't read ahead today either. Guess you and I are back to that again. :rotfl2:

It's not a whirlpool that has standing water in it, it is one like you'd have in your master bath at home, you fill it when you use it.

I hope they scrub the tub after each guest. :scared:
Yeah we had one in our old house in Maine. The realtor told me the bleach trick on how to clean it. The problem is that crap and gunk get in the jets and just sits there with soap, and other stuff.

Here is a short video of my ride home from the babysitters. Harrison always wants to sing his song and gets VERY upset if anyone else sings it also. He is screaming "NOT YOUR SONG".:rotfl2:

View the 2nd video it is the one that I got him doing it. The first one is me trying to get him to sing and he wants me to turn the phone around and not video him.;)
http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share...F7HLhL8o&shareName=MMS&messageState=RETRIEVED

Yeah we had one in our old house in Maine. The realtor told me the bleach trick on how to clean it. The problem is that crap and gunk get in the jets and just sits there with soap, and other stuff.

We hardly use ours at all. Heck, DS uses it more than we do. In fact, he was just in it a couple nights ago. Before that, it was him who was last in it.

Everyone wants one when they buy or build, but no body uses them. The big thing now are the "spa" showers. Now that I would like to have. I take a shower everyday, can't remember the last time I sat in the tub.

We hardly use ours at all. Heck, DS uses it more than we do. In fact, he was just in it a couple nights ago. Before that, it was him who was last in it.

Everyone wants one when they buy or build, but no body uses them. The big thing now are the "spa" showers. Now that I would like to have. I take a shower everyday, can't remember the last time I sat in the tub.
Yeah we rarely used ours. My kids when they were younger would accidently turn the jets on and became terrified of the bathtub for a while!

How early did you head over?

Also, how many "stay ons" were there? Wasn't there quite a few for that cruise?

We got drpped off at 10am, but didn't get our boarding pass until 11am. There were 29 families that stayed for the 5 day after the 15 day repo.

The natural bridge and the beaches are lovely. We did a jeep tour and it was great. I'll post some pics at the weekend.

Thanks. We have a dune buggy tour that should take us to Natural Bridge. I also plan on spending a lot of time on the beach under an umbrella!

Thanks. We have a dune buggy tour that should take us to Natural Bridge. I also plan on spending a lot of time on the beach under an umbrella!

We went to Palm beach twice. If you are staying on the island and in the hi-rise area, you will be on Palm beach.

The water there is awesome. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter