10/20/2013 Disney Magic Miami Double Dip

Here here! I thought the vegetarian options at Palo were really good, both for dinner and brunch, but the regular restaurant options leave something to be desired. I'm not a big foodie, so it doesn't sour the experience for me at all, but I wouldn't MIND some better options!

Here here! I thought the vegetarian options at Palo were really good, both for dinner and brunch, but the regular restaurant options leave something to be desired. I'm not a big foodie, so it doesn't sour the experience for me at all, but I wouldn't MIND some better options!

Yes, Palo is excellent for vegetarians (hello Gnocchi!); the main dining rooms, blah. We have asked repeatedly for DCL to include a simple pasta dish with marinara sauce as an alternative option (along with the chicken breast and fish entree). Other cruise lines do this, and considering the low cost factor involved I don't understand why DCL cannot do so also. *sigh*

I gave up and just asked for a baked potato more than once. The wait staff always did their best, but you can tell they are limited by the available selection. If they are doing Palo brunches, I will definitely try to sign up for it twice! And once for dinner, too, of course.
On a positive note, I adored Cove Cafe, I made it a part of my daily ritual on the Fantasy, and it was always a source if comfort while I worked on the Magic. I don't really drink alcohol, but coffee is my favorite indulgence!

I gave up and just asked for a baked potato more than once. The wait staff always did their best, but you can tell they are limited by the available selection. If they are doing Palo brunches, I will definitely try to sign up for it twice! And once for dinner, too, of course.
On a positive note, I adored Cove Cafe, I made it a part of my daily ritual on the Fantasy, and it was always a source if comfort while I worked on the Magic. I don't really drink alcohol, but coffee is my favorite indulgence!

They should offer Palo brunch, but as there is only one sea day, it would only be offered once. So sad.

We did that quite a bit also...baked potato and any veggies they were serving as sides with other dishes. Considering the amount of bread, salad, appetizers, and desserts I ate, the potato and veggies always ended up being more than enough. :goodvibes

There will be only one Palo brunch unfortunately. We're still up in the air about Palo for dinner one evening. It's typically a must for us (our favorite), but we are sailing with good friends of ours and their family (5 of their 7 kids will be along for the ride) and I'm thinking since this will be their first cruise, mom and dad will not want to miss dinner any of the nights with the kids. We are sitting together for dinner, and I would hate to skip out on them one of the evenings...we'll see what happens though. I still have a few months before Palo reservations open up...just need to decide before then what to do!

I think we are going to do Palo brunch. I'm saving Palo dinner for the cruise right after (the 2-night to no where). I think we will do it on our last night to cap off both cruises :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I think we are going to do Palo brunch. I'm saving Palo dinner for the cruise right after (the 2-night to no where). I think we will do it on our last night to cap off both cruises :)

Great way to end your back-to-back cruises!

iloverags2 said:
Great way to end your back-to-back cruises!

;) It's also a celebration..... Once we complete the 2-nighter, we will be Platinum!!! Yay!!!

Hi Everyone! I booked this 5 Night and the 2 night after B2B! It's me (Tarin) and my DH (Donny) and I would love to be added to the Fish Extender list as well.

I will get thru all the posts soon and I look forward to getting to know everyone :-)

Oh and we are Silver CC members for these cruises and Gold as of the next we book YEAH!!!

TorontoGirl said:
Hi Everyone! I booked this 5 Night and the 2 night after B2B! It's me (Tarin) and my DH (Donny) and I would love to be added to the Fish Extender list as well.

I will get thru all the posts soon and I look forward to getting to know everyone :-)

Oh and we are Silver CC members for these cruises and Gold as of the next we book YEAH!!!

Welcome! We are booked for the 2 nighter also!

We are in! I am soo beyond excited. This is our very first cruise ever! I have to admit I am a little nervous but also excited that it's right after the dry dock, but I'm sure it will be great!

We are a group of 4, I'm Gina - and I'm excited about just about everything about cruising. DH is Wes he's excited about getting to relax (as opposed to being super busy at WDW) but is worried about motion sickness, and DS Ethan - who will turn 10 2 days before we sail - he still doesn't believe me when I tell him that he can eat whenever and whatever he wants! (we'd never allow that at home - but hey if you can't have fun on a cruise what's the point?!) and DD Olivia who will be 8 when we sail, she already thinks she never wants to leave the kids clubs!

We can't wait - any advice anybody wants to throw my way I will gladly accept!

I meant to ask...do you think it's worth asking for specific dining rotations? We've never been on so everything will be new for us. I will probably try for a Palo brunch but not for dinner because I don't want to miss any of the MDRs.

Are there any specific MDR nights worth missing as well?

I meant to ask...do you think it's worth asking for specific dining rotations? We've never been on so everything will be new for us. I will probably try for a Palo brunch but not for dinner because I don't want to miss any of the MDRs.

Are there any specific MDR nights worth missing as well?

With only three MDR's we will repeat two of them. However, they will have different menus. There are only three options that would be available for dining, starting in Animator's Palete, Parrot Cay or Lumiere's. Then you follow the rotation (ex: APLAP, PLAPL, or LAPLA). Being a first time Disney cruiser, the odds are stacked against you for Palo brunch, but don't let that deter you!!!

I personally have never been a fan of the Pirate menu, so if I were to miss a MDR meal, it would be pirate night. (Now figuring which night is pirate night is the next challenge.)

We are in! I am soo beyond excited. This is our very first cruise ever! I have to admit I am a little nervous but also excited that it's right after the dry dock, but I'm sure it will be great!

We are a group of 4, I'm Gina - and I'm excited about just about everything about cruising. DH is Wes he's excited about getting to relax (as opposed to being super busy at WDW) but is worried about motion sickness, and DS Ethan - who will turn 10 2 days before we sail - he still doesn't believe me when I tell him that he can eat whenever and whatever he wants! (we'd never allow that at home - but hey if you can't have fun on a cruise what's the point?!) and DD Olivia who will be 8 when we sail, she already thinks she never wants to leave the kids clubs!

We can't wait - any advice anybody wants to throw my way I will gladly accept!

Welcome aboard!!! Will you guys be participating in the FE as well? What a way to begin cruising...a Castaway Cay Double Dip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter