10/20/2013 Disney Magic Miami Double Dip

Joining in... This will be our 8th Disney cruise, there are 3 of us traveling, Me (Disney Fanatic), DH (I think he loves Disney more than he admits) and DS (14). We were also on the FANTASTIC Oct 20, 2012 Fantasy cruise, we missed going to Castaway so much that we needed to book this Double Dip, and take advantage of the extra % off :cool1:.

Excited to see the Changes to the Magic, wondering what they will be. Thanks goes to Scott for posting those "Confidential" pictures on his blog, they were gone by the time I saw the thread on the DIS. popcorn::

Has anyone heard anything about changes expected in the Vibe, or any changes to the shows on the ship? We would be excited to see a new show (or 2) on board!

Also excited about leaving out of Miami, looking everywhere I can to find information about leaving from there. Not a lot of trip reports from MIA yet, hoping some more show up.

Joining in... This will be our 8th Disney cruise, there are 3 of us traveling, Me (Disney Fanatic), DH (I think he loves Disney more than he admits) and DS (14). We were also on the FANTASTIC Oct 20, 2012 Fantasy cruise, we missed going to Castaway so much that we needed to book this Double Dip, and take advantage of the extra % off :cool1:.

Excited to see the Changes to the Magic, wondering what they will be. Thanks goes to Scott for posting those "Confidential" pictures on his blog, they were gone by the time I saw the thread on the DIS. popcorn::

Has anyone heard anything about changes expected in the Vibe, or any changes to the shows on the ship? We would be excited to see a new show (or 2) on board!

Also excited about leaving out of Miami, looking everywhere I can to find information about leaving from there. Not a lot of trip reports from MIA yet, hoping some more show up.

:welcome: Cheryl and family!

-Anni :)

:welcome: ABOARD!!! :wave2:

mickeycruisemaniac said:

Us too! I know Port Canaveral like the back of my hand but we've never been to Miami!!! I was toying with driving up AM of the cruise, but am leaning towards the night before - I think if we do this we might get to see the Magic sail in!!! Yay!!!

Woo hoo!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Welcome, all you fine-lookin newcomers!!

We're contemplating a red-eye flight the night before we set sail, but still totally unsure. We're doing a red eye to Dominican Republic in a couple weeks, so we'll see if we get the baby to sleep through it or if it's a disaster! Anyone have any good tips for traveling with a one and a half year old??! We're stumped, it's his first flight and first vacation!

We're contemplating a red-eye flight the night before we set sail, but still totally unsure. We're doing a red eye to Dominican Republic in a couple weeks, so we'll see if we get the baby to sleep through it or if it's a disaster! Anyone have any good tips for traveling with a one and a half year old??! We're stumped, it's his first flight and first vacation!

Snacks, books (for the baby) and lots of love! You will all be fine. Make it an Adventure. pixiedust:

Cheryl gave great tips and I would second Snacks! a great variety of snacks :thumbsup2 Also, an iPod touch or similar thing loaded with music, shows, movies that have/can entertain him. :wizard: New toys just for the flight there and back, too, may help.

Eva, I hope y'all have an awesome time!:goodvibes

Anni:)

Big thanks to both of you! I love the idea of new toys and of lots of books. I think we'll get new toys and new books, and maybe bring a large flat pillow for the plane that we can lay across our laps as a faux mattress for him to sleep on. Great tips guys, thanks again!

We are booked on the cruise, we want to see what they do in dry dock. We are in 6574. Please include us for the FE list. Alex

IndigoMickey said:
:welcome: Alex and family!!

Cool cruise history!!! :thumbsup2

Anni

I second that!!! Maiden voyage of the Magic!! The Baltics!!! Wow!!!

We are booked on the cruise, we want to see what they do in dry dock. We are in 6574. Please include us for the FE list. Alex

:welcome:

Did you guys see that the Magic is going to be in Funchal on 10/16? That's only 4 days to make it to Miami by 10/20 to start this cruise. Usually they do it in 6 sea days.

I Wonder if 2-night cruise to no where is a buffer?!?

Did you guys see that the Magic is going to be in Funchal on 10/16? That's only 4 days to make it to Miami by 10/20 to start this cruise. Usually they do it in 6 sea days.

I Wonder if 2-night cruise to no where is a buffer?!?

They might can do the crossing in 4 days instead of 6 since there won't be passengers coming to Miami, just the crew.

Couldn't do the 2 day cruise to nowhere as a buffer since it is after the 5 night. This would mess up too many peoples travel dates.

taylor3297 said:
They might can do the crossing in 4 days instead of 6 since there won't be passengers coming to Miami, just the crew.

Couldn't do the 2 day cruise to nowhere as a buffer since it is after the 5 night. This would mess up too many peoples travel dates.

Hmmm... Well, it doesn't matter about passengers or not, really. The ship cannot make a transatlantic in less than 6 days on its current engines, even at full cruising speed. If it gets new engines, potentially it can though.

And yes, Disney can change cruises & mess up travel plans and has before, so I certainly wouldn't put it past them. The did it as recently as last year with a Med cruise.

Do I want them to? Heck no! Is it possible? Sure. Crossing fingers!

Not sure if I was ever added to the list of cruisers on this thread, but, we are leaving. Got some fantastic rates to Hawaii ($323 r/t), so booked Aulani instead. It's also 6 months sooner than the cruise lol :)

Add us!!! We booked the double dip while onboard the wonder for the 02.02 sailing. We are Teresa and my DH Sean. Now I am going to go read the thread :-)

donaldseeyore said:
Add us!!! We booked the double dip while onboard the wonder for the 02.02 sailing. We are Teresa and my DH Sean. Now I am going to go read the thread :-)

Yay! Welcome!!!

Just found out today that our waitlist for main dining just came thru!!!

I changed my tickers - we are 100% on this cruise! We are moving the Oct 2013 Fantasy cruise to the Oct 11th 2014 southern out of San Juan. TALK ABOUT EXCITED!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter